Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"*It may be illegal to give money, food or goods to the homeless in your particular city in the States. So, it is important to check the local and state laws."

I could care less whether that was illegal. Gods law will always trump mans joke of a law. I will help who I will when I will.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"*It may be illegal to give money, food or goods to the homeless in your particular city in the States. So, it is important to check the local and state laws."

I could care less whether that was illegal. Gods law will always trump mans joke of a law. I will help who I will when I will.
In biblical times there were no homeless in Israel, land was given by lottery.

Apr 12, 2010
- Under the ordinance that passed, anyone who responds to a beggar with money or any "article of value" or buys flowers or a newspaper from someone on the street would face a fine of $50 to $100 and as many as 90 days in jail.

• Informative
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apr 12, 2010 - Under the ordinance that passed, anyone who responds to a beggar with money or any "article of value" or buys flowers or a newspaper from someone on the street would face a fine of $50 to $100 and as many as 90 days in jail.
In what jurisdiction?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is what it says in D and D:
(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
Someone else had that come up and it turned out to be a computer glitch. Put in a ticket and see if they can fix that.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Someone else had that come up and it turned out to be a computer glitch. Put in a ticket and see if they can fix that.
It was already suppose to be fixed according to Lulav. No problem, I'll speak here about different things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does MJ have any outreach or program to help these people?
I do not know. I just saw a person at 3 AM this morning walking in the wind and snow, carrying a back pack. I presume they are homeless.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does MJ have any outreach or program to help these people?
Some synagogues do, it is really more of a local issue than national or super-national. Not that it is not a problem on a national level, but the solution can really best be implemented at a local level. Some synagogues have outreach organizations that they spearhead or work with, others are so small it is more of an individual member that takes the initiative. MJ as an organized force is not really that large, the UMJC is the second largest group in the USA and only has around 70 member congregations.

Upvote 0