Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
50 Reasons for the Pretribulation Rapture

1. While posttribulationism appeared as early as 2 Thessalonians 2, many in the early church believed in the imminency of the Lord's return, which is an essential doctrine of pretribulationism.

2. The detailed development of the pretribulational truth during the past few centuries does not prove that the doctrine is new or novel. Its development is similar to that of other major doctrines in the history of the church.
Hermeneutics

3. Pretribulationism is the only view that allows literal interpretation of all Old and New Testament passages on the Great Tribulation.

4. Pretribulationism distinguishes clearly between Israel and the church and their respective programs.
Nature of the Tribulation

5. Pretribulationism maintains the scriptural distinction between the Great Tribulation and tribulation in general that precedes it.

6. The Great Tribulation is properly interpreted by pretribulationists as a time of preparation for Israel's restoration (Deu. 4:29-30; Jer. 30:4-11). It is not the purpose of the Tribulation to prepare the church for glory.

7. None of the Old Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church (Deu. 4:29-30; Jer. 30: 4-11; Dan. 8:24-27; 12:1-2).

8. None of the New Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church (Matt. 13:30; 39-42, 48-50; 24:15-31; 1 Thess. 1:9-10; 5:4-9; 2 Thess. 2:1-11; Rev. 4-18).

9. In contrast to midtribulationism, the pretribulational view provides an adequate explanation for the beginning of the Great Tribulation in Revelation 6. Midtribulationism is refuted by the plain teaching of Scripture that the Great Tribulation begins long before the seventh trumpet of Revelation 11.

10. The proper distinction is maintained between the prophetic trumpets of Scripture by pretribulationism. There is no proper ground for the pivotal argument of midtribulationism that the seventh trumpet of Revelation is the last trumpet in that there is no established connection between the seventh trumpet of Revelation 11, the last trumpet of 1 Corinthians 15:52, and the trumpet of Matthew 24:31. They are three distinct events.

11. The unity of Daniel's seventieth week is maintained by pretribulationists. By contrast, postribulationism and midtribulationists destroy the unity of Daniel's seventieth week and confuse Israel's program with that of the church.
Nature of the Church

12. The translation of the church is never mentioned in any passage dealing with the second coming of Christ after the Tribulation.

13. The church is not appointed to wrath (Rom. 5:9: 1 Thess. 1:9-10; 5:9). The church therefore cannot enter "the great day of their wrath" (Rev. 6:17).

14. The church will not be overtaken by the day of the Lord (1 Thess. 5:1-9, which includes the Tribulation.

15. The possibility of a believer escaping the Tribulation is mentioned in Luke 21:36.

16. The church of Philadelphia was promised deliverance from "the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth" (Rev. 3:10).

17. It is characteristic of divine dealing to deliver believers before a divine judgment is inflicted on the world as illustrated in the deliverance of Noah, Lot, Rahab, etc. (2 Peter 2:5-9).

18. At the time of the translation of the church, all believers go to the Father's house in heaven (John 14:3) and do not immediately return to the earth after meeting Christ in the air as postribulationists teach.

19. Pretribulationism does not divide the body of Christ at the Rapture on a works principle. The teaching of a partial rapture is based on the false doctrine that the translation of the church is a reward for good works. It is rather a climactic aspect of salvation by grace.

20. The Scriptures clearly teach that all, not part, of the church will be raptured at the coming of Christ for the church (1 Cor. 15:51-52; 1 Thess. 4:17).

21. As opposed to a view of a partial rapture, pretribulationism is founded on the definite teaching of Scripture that the death of Christ frees from all condemnation.

22. The godly remnant of the Tribulation are pictured as Israelites, not members of the church as maintained by the posttribulationists.

23. The pretribulational view, as opposed to posttribulationism, does not confuse general terms like elect and saints, which apply to the saved of all ages, with specific terms like church and those in Christ, which refer to believers of this age only.
Doctrine of Imminency

24. The pretribulational interpretation teaches that the coming of Christ is actually imminent.

25. The exhortation to be comforted by the coming of the Lord (1 Thess. 4:18) is very significant in the pretribulational view and is especially contradicted by most posttribulationists.

26. The exhortation to look for "the glorious appearing" of Christ to His own (Titus 2:13) loses its significance if the Tribulation must intervene first. Believers in that case should look for signs.

27. The exhortation to purify ourselves in view of the Lord's return has most significance if His coming is imminent (1 John 3:2-3).

28. The church is uniformly exhorted to look for the coming of the Lord, while believers in the Tribulation are directed to look for signs.
The Work of the Holy Spirit

29. The Holy Spirit as the restrainer of evil cannot be taken out of the world unless the church, which the Spirit indwells, is translated at the same time. The Tribulation cannot begin until this restraint is lifted.

30. The Holy Spirit as the restrainer must be taken out of the world before "the lawless one," who dominates the tribulation period, can be revealed (2 Thess. 2:6-8).

31. If the expression "except there come a falling away first" (KJV) is translated literally, "except the "departure" come first," it would plainly show the necessity of the Rapture taking place before the beginning of the Tribulation.
Necessity of an Interval Between the Rapture and the Second Coming

32. According to 2 Corinthians 5:10, all believers of this age must appear before the judgment seat of Christ in heaven, an event never mentioned in the detailed accounts connected with the second coming of Christ to the earth.

33. If the twenty-four elders of Revelation 4:1-5:14 are representative of the church as many expositors believe, it would necessitate the rapture and reward of the church before the Tribulation.

34. The coming of Christ for His bride must take place before the Second Coming to the earth for the wedding feast (Rev. 19:7-10).

35. Tribulation saints are not translated at the second coming of Christ but carry on ordinary occupations such as farming and building houses, and they will bear children (Isa. 65:20-25). This would be impossible if the translation had taken place at the Second Coming to the earth, as posttribulationists teach.

36. The judgment of the Gentiles following the Second Coming (Matt. 25:31-

46) indicates that both saved and unsaved are still in their natural bodies. This would be impossible if the translation had taken place at the Second Coming.

37. If the translation took place in connection with the Second Coming to the earth, there would be no need of separating the sheep from the goats at a subsequent judgment, but the separation would have taken place in the very act of the translation of the believers before Christ actually sets up His throne on earth (Matt. 25:31).

38. The judgment of Israel (Ezek. 20:34-38), which occurs subsequent to the Second Coming, indicates the necessity of regathering Israel. The separation of the saved from the unsaved in this judgment obviously takes place sometime after the Second Coming and would be unnecessary if the saved had previously been separated from the unsaved by translation.
Contrast Between the Rapture and the Second Coming

39. At the time of the Rapture the saints meet Christ in the air, while at the Second Coming Christ returns to the Mount of Olives to meet the saints on earth.

40. At the time of the Rapture the Mount of Olives is unchanged, while at the Second Coming it divides and a valley is formed to the east of Jerusalem (Zech. 14:4-5).

41. At the Rapture living saints are translated, while no saints are translated in connection with the second coming of Christ to the earth.

42. At the Rapture the saints go to heaven, while at the Second Coming to the earth the saints remain in the earth without translation.

43. At the time of the Rapture the world is unjudged and continues in sin, while at the Second Coming the world is judged and righteousness is established on the earth.

44. The translation of the church is pictured as a deliverance before the day of wrath, while the Second Coming is followed by the deliverance of those who have believed in Christ during the Tribulation.

45. The Rapture is described as imminent, while the Second Coming is preceded by definite signs.

46. The translation of living believers is a truth revealed only in the New Testament, while the Second Coming with its attendant events is a prominent doctrine of both Testaments.

47. The Rapture concerns only the saved, while the Second Coming deals with both saved and unsaved.

48. At the Rapture Satan is not bound, while at the Second Coming Satan is bound and cast into the abyss.

49. No unfulfilled prophecy stands between the church and the Rapture, while many signs must be fulfilled before the Second Coming.

50. No passage dealing with the resurrection of saints at the Second Coming ever mentions translation of living saints at the same time.

Written by: John F. Walvoord
(The Rapture Question, Zondervan)

Quasar92

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of the New Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church

Mat 24:29  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

Joh_16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Rom_5:3  And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;

Rom_8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom_12:12  rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;

2Co_1:4  who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2Co_7:4  Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.

1Th_3:4  For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.

Rev_1:9  I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:9  "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 

Rev_2:10  Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Genesis of Dispensational Theology

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Lacunza, Manuel, “Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty“
PDF Files

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/pretrib_history.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Jeffrey.pdf

Left Behind or Led Astray?

Good Fight Ministries
http://www.leftbehindorledastray.com/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Fake news.

The rapture is a myth amongst brother and sister Christians. It's a secondary issue that can be vigorously debated but should never divide Christians. That being said...

There is zero basis for a sudden rapture or "secret coming." It is a 19th century started myth, created by Dispensationalist John Nelson Darby. In fact, the rapture was never taught by evangelical Protestantism prior to the year 1830. Why? Because it is not a bible based doctrine. Its origin is not based on scripture.

John 5:28-29 (NKJV)
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which ALL who are in the graves will hear His voice 29-and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 (KJV)
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall ALL be changed, 52-In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (Emphasis mine).

"ALL" will see the second coming of our Lord, not just a few during any "secret" coming where Jesus takes his church and then leaves the rest to suffer 7 years of "hell" (tribulation) on earth. Rather when He comes the second time, believers in Hades (Abraham's bossum; Luke 16) will rise first and will be taken with those believers still living on earth at the time of the second coming. The non believers in Hades (in "agony"; Luke 16) will be cast down to hell with those non believers at the time Christ appears. This is the great judgment.

Not understanding the book of Revelation and Daniel is why the "Rapture" myth came to fruition in the 19th century.

Ask yourself this: Why didn't one biblical scholar such as Calvin, Luther, Newton, Wycliffe, not even the Roman Catholics, nor Greek Orthodox nor any other reliable professor before the 1800's ever identify nor profess this "secret Rapture" myth, whch supposedly stemmed from within the pages of "Sola scripture?"

Answer: Because it came to fruition from the mind of a crazy man, John Darby.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself this: Why didn't one biblical scholar such as Calvin, Luther, Newton, Wycliffe, not even the Roman Catholics, nor Greek Orthodox nor any other reliable professor before the 1800's ever identify nor profess this "secret Rapture" myth, whch supposedly stemmed from within the pages of "Sola scripture?"

If you spent some time reviewing the details in a book called 'Dispensationalism Before Darby' by William C. Watson, you'll see this claim of yours is the fake news on this thread. Darby neither started the concept of the rapture nor dispensationalism as 'internet' scholars claim.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you spent some time reviewing the details in a book called 'Dispensationalism Before Darby' by William C. Watson, you'll see this claim of yours is the fake news on this thread. Darby neither started the concept of the rapture nor dispensationalism as 'internet' scholars claim.

Darby was the first to claim that modern Jews will come to salvation outside of the Church.

This is the chief error of modern Dispensational Theology.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Darby was the first to claim that modern Jews will come to salvation outside of the Church.

This is the chief error of modern Dispensational Theology.

No. This is an error by a few and it is not dispensational theology. Don't confuse the two as if they were the same thing. Dispensationalism stands on its own.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mat 24:29  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

Joh_16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Rom_5:3  And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;

Rom_8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom_12:12  rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;

2Co_1:4  who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2Co_7:4  Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort. I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.

1Th_3:4  For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.

Rev_1:9  I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:9  "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 

Rev_2:10  Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Genesis of Dispensational Theology

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Lacunza, Manuel, “Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty“
PDF Files

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/pretrib_history.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Jeffrey.pdf

Left Behind or Led Astray?

Good Fight Ministries
http://www.leftbehindorledastray.com/

There is nothing you have written in your above post that says a single thing about the Church. As I keep saying, Jesus ministry in His first advent was EXCLUSIVELY to Israel, as He made abundantly clear in M.15:24 and in 10:5-6. The Church did not exist then because the Holy Spirit had not yet arrived, according to Jn.7:39, until at Pentecost, ten days after Jesus ascended into heaven, recorded in Acts 1:9 and 2:1-3. Israel IS NOT the Church, nor us the Church Israel.

The teaching of Jesus, Matthew, Luke, John and Paul on the pre-trib rapture of the Church/believers, is documented in the following four post link:

Theology/Prophecy & Revelation Forum Forum

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fake news.

The rapture is a myth amongst brother and sister Christians. It's a secondary issue that can be vigorously debated but should never divide Christians. That being said...

There is zero basis for a sudden rapture or "secret coming." It is a 19th century started myth, created by Dispensationalist John Nelson Darby. In fact, the rapture was never taught by evangelical Protestantism prior to the year 1830. Why? Because it is not a bible based doctrine. Its origin is not based on scripture.

John 5:28-29 (NKJV)
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which ALL who are in the graves will hear His voice 29-and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 (KJV)
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall ALL be changed, 52-In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (Emphasis mine).

"ALL" will see the second coming of our Lord, not just a few during any "secret" coming where Jesus takes his church and then leaves the rest to suffer 7 years of "hell" (tribulation) on earth. Rather when He comes the second time, believers in Hades (Abraham's bossum; Luke 16) will rise first and will be taken with those believers still living on earth at the time of the second coming. The non believers in Hades (in "agony"; Luke 16) will be cast down to hell with those non believers at the time Christ appears. This is the great judgment.

Not understanding the book of Revelation and Daniel is why the "Rapture" myth came to fruition in the 19th century.

Review my post #8 with the four post link that teaches the pre-trib rapture of the Church by Jesus, Matthew, Luke, John and Paul. From where the teachings originated. Not from John Darby, who did nothing but rescue it from the teaching of Amillennialism by the RCC for more than 1,600 years.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. This is an error by a few and it is not dispensational theology. Don't confuse the two as if they were the same thing. Dispensationalism stands on its own.

The error that modern Jews would come to salvation outside of the Church was the original doctrine taught by Darby, Scofield, and Larkin, as seen below in the presentation by Pastor John Otis.

Read the book "Things to Come" by Dr. Dwight Pentecost to confirm the above.
Dr. Pentecost was a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary and a proponent of modern Dispensational Theology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The error that modern Jews would come to salvation outside of the Church was the original doctrine taught by Darby, Scofield, and Larkin, as seen below in the presentation by Pastor John Otis.

You continue to infer John Darby and C. I. Scofield invented the pre-trib rapture of the Church, in the face of Jesus, Matthew, Luke, John and Paul, who were the original teachers, you make liars of. Review the four post link refuting you.

Theology/Prophecy & Revelation Forum Forum

Quasar92

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Read the book "Things to Come" by Dr. Dwight Pentecost to confirm the above.
Dr. Pentecost was a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary and a proponent of modern Dispensational Theology.

So what? That doesn't invalidate the rapture or dispensationalism.

I've seen the videos you keep posting. You keep harping on bad teaching by a select few, then post videos by those mixed up in the lie of replacement theology. It's hypoctitical at best with that beam in your own eye.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what? That doesn't invalidate the rapture or dispensationalism.

I've seen the videos you keep posting. You keep harping on bad teaching by a select few, then post videos by those mixed up in the lie of replacement theology. It's hypoctitical at best with that beam in your own eye.

From "former" Dispensationalist Jerry Johnson.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

He's a bit of a whiner, isn't he?

Dispensationalism doesn't have "founders", it's a biblical concept. Rather, that's something its opponents have created to keep arguing against.

Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Again, fake news, FUD and drivel.

William who????? ...NEEEEEEEVER heard of 'em!

So you find ONE single author to "say it's so" and now you're convinced that dispensationalism is the truth??? Gimme a break. Are you that "one" person that fell for the old proverbial joke of buying all that "prime real estate" swamp land in Florida too?

A quick search of "Mr. Watson" shows very little on who this guys is, other than he put his opinion on the matter onto paper, published it and now sells it. Fictional author Stephen King does the same thing.

Again, what historical textual bible critic(s) or Theologian(s) of the historical Christian faith whom have spent nearly their entire lives studying the biblical manuscripts and canon, have also claimed that this mystery "rapture" to be true? AGAIN, neither Luther, Calvin, Wycliffe, Erasmus, Zwingli, Tyndale, Polycarp, Knox, (I could go on and on...) have ever concluded or pondered that between the parchment of canonized scripture, that a secret Rapture message is hidden within.

What's clear is that a second coming is indeed professed within the Bible. That is absolute and I believe will happen. However trying to read in between the passages and books of canonized scripture something that doesn't exist, let alone make sense, is pure hogwash.

Anyone can take an English translated bible (or for that matter an old yellow pages phone book) and pull out words throughout the pages and suddenly claim that they've discovered the "secret ingredients" to Dominos' pizza red marinara sauce!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Again, fake news, FUD and drivel.

William who????? ...NEEEEEEEVER heard of 'em!

So you find ONE single author to "say it's so" and now you're convinced that dispensationalism is the truth??? Gimme a break. Are you that "one" person that fell for the old proverbial joke of buying all that "prime real estate" swamp land in Florida too?

A quick search of "Mr. Watson" shows very little on who this guys is, other than he put his opinion on the matter onto paper, published it and now sells it. Fictional author Stephen King does the same thing.

Again, what historical textual bible critic(s) or Theologian(s) of the historical Christian faith whom have spent nearly their entire lives studying the biblical manuscripts and canon, have also claimed that this mystery "rapture" to be true? AGAIN, neither Luther, Calvin, Wycliffe, Erasmus, Zwingli, Tyndale, Polycarp, Knox, (I could go on and on...) have ever concluded or pondered that between the parchment of canonized scripture, that a secret Rapture message is hidden within.

What's clear is that a second coming is indeed professed within the Bible. That is absolute and I believe will happen. However trying to read in between the passages and books of canonized scripture something that doesn't exist, let alone make sense, is pure hogwash.

Anyone can take an English translated bible (or for that matter an old yellow pages phone book) and pull out words throughout the pages and suddenly claim that they've discovered the "secret ingredients" to Dominos' pizza red marinara sauce!

He's a professor of history who specializes in the 17th and 18th century English history and literature (in other words, pre-Darby) and the work is over 360 pages of research and very heavily footnoted.

Not only does he document it heavily pre-Darby, but he also does so pre-Catholic Church.

If you want to learn, get the research book. If not, keep doing what you are doing.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's a professor of history who specializes in the 17th and 18th century English history and literature (in other words, pre-Darby) and the work is over 360 pages of research and very heavily footnoted.

Not only does he document it heavily pre-Darby, but he also does so pre-Catholic Church.

If you want to learn, get the research book. If not, keep doing what you are doing.

Author Tim LaHaye's books and movies have convinced millions that the pre-trib doctrine is scriptural.
What did he say about which viewpoint is the oldest?

"It may come as a surprise to most pre-Trib prophecy students that the post-Trib position (in its primitive form) is the oldest point of view."

Tim LaHaye, "Rapture Under Attack", page 197, Multnomath Publishers, Inc., 1998

Since the doctrine of the Apostles of Christ would be the oldest view, I will go with their version.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

66/40

Mar 6, 2016
I banned this website
✟4,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Author Tim LaHaye's books and movies have convinced millions that the pre-trib doctrine is scriptural.

"It may come as a surprise to most pre-Trib prophecy students that the post-Trib position (in its primitive form) is the oldest point of view."

Since the doctrine of the Apostles of Christ would be the oldest view, I will go with their version.

Yeah Tim LaHaye (rolls eyes). There's another one who has seriously twisted his interpretation of scripture.

Dr. Tim LaHaye uses biblical monikers such as “The Day of Israel’s Calamity” to codify what he eerily described as Antichrist’s “final solution” to the “Jewish problem.” *1.

*1. Tim LaHaye and Thomas Ice, Charting the End Times (Eugene, OR: Harvest House, 2001), 63.

LaHaye is totally convinced that this time of national suffering for Jews will “be far worse than the Spanish Inquisition of the sixteenth century or even the Holocaust of Adolph Hitler in the twentieth century.” *2. Where does he get this information, because it's not found in the Bible.

*2. Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, Are We Living in the End Times? (Wheaton, IL: Tyndale, 1999), 146.

Sadly, Tim LaHaye's eisegesis is just a sad example of the blind leading the blind. Though he's made millions with his "Left Behind" series of fiction.

Again, we Christians ar called to correct and rebuke these types. This is not me (66/40) making this command, rather it is Paul:

2 Timothy 4:2-5 (NIV)
"2- preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage patient with great patience and careful instruction. 3-For The time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4-They Will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5-But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 24:29  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; .

Its the sun n moon that shall be darkened after the great trouble not referring to Rapture.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

It was scriptural prior to those books and movies, it was scriptural during, and it is scriptural now. No matter what LaHaye ever did or said, none of it has any bearing on that reality, for good or bad. The truth of the pre-trib rapture has never hinged on LaHaye.

Upvote 0