50 Reasons Christians Should be Prepping

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would consider having a little extra food in your pantry not really as much as what people consider "prepping" here it is more common sense than anything. Unless disasters hit that require you to have a weeks worth of food more can be trucked in and those who can't find any in the store can go out to eat for a night or two to survive.

Yes it can be trucked in but while that is happening panic sets in and chaos ensues. It seems good to understand that this happens in disaster situations and that Christians could help relieve some of that panic and chaos by being prepared ahead of time.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord moved us into prepping about 3 years ago. The purpose of this prepping is not "survival" or "hoarding." The purpose of our prepping is to facilitate the transition from the current "greed based economic system" back to godly "Love/Faith-based Biblical economic system." The current greed based system is destined to fall and all who live under and have faith in the current greed based system will find themselves with virtually nothing when it does fail. God does not support the greed based system! I find that many people who oppose prepping are placing their faith in the current "greed based" model where "stuff" is available via the this greed based system. When this greed based system fails, you are going to be thrust back into God's love/faith based system. It is true that you need not "worry" about your needs if you are currently living under God's economy. If you are living and trusting the "greed based" economic system, then you had better worry because the "greed based" economic model is based on the world and it's ungodly means and methods. It all depends upon what you are basing your faith. You will succeed or fail based on where your faith really is. Is it based on "capitalism" or is it based on Love/Faith?
Essentially - if you are living in the greed based system then evoking the "do not worry" maxim does not apply to you. The system you are living under is all about worry, speculation, uncertain riches, and greed. You really cannot claim the "do not worry" verses because that is for people who seek God and His righteousness first. THEY are the ones who get to claim the "do not worry" maxim and it's benefits. If you faith is not in God then you better worry and worry a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I dont know, im not really a prepper exactly, i'm just a guy who likes to find more simple ways of living, and finds enjoyment in things like wood and metal working. Preppers are often involved in such things.
I think for the most part these "preppers" are a milder form of survivalists. We should all be a milder form of prepper and I think a lot of ideas given here watered down a little at times are good for most people as advice as it only takes a mild situation to make things miserable and very inconvenient for you such that just a small amount of "prepping" would suffice to avoid it.

I've read countless information about people prepping and those living in disasters and such and to be honest I think very few people who desire to be hard core preppers are but clueless as to what would happen if they did "need" as much as they prepped for. Many would find themselves robbed and/or killed for their stash because they don't have guns, ammo, and a plan to protect themselves from lawlessness.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

WeAreTheChristianGems

Really hoping to contact some Christian artists
Jul 30, 2015
✟15,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dislike the greed based american dream. I just want to live a simple and happy live, enjoying simple things. This seems good to me.
Well personaly I would love to be really successful in what I do. I really wouldnt want to be a celebrity, but I wanna be sort-of-kind-of famous. I don't think that's greedy. I think we need noreChrisans that are either famous or famous-ish.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think for the most part these "preppers" are a milder form of survivalists. We should all be a milder form of prepper and I think a lot of ideas given here watered down a little at times are good for most people as advice as it only takes a mild situation to make things miserable and very inconvenient for you such that just a small amount of "prepping" would suffice to avoid it.

I've read countless information about people prepping and those living in disasters and such and to be honest I think very few people who desire to be hard core preppers are but clueless as to what would happen if they did "need" as much as they prepped for. Many would find themselves robbed and/or killed for their stash because they don't have guns, ammo, and a plan to protect themselves from lawlessness.

Many people who hoard wealth can also be robbed. I guess the less you have, the less you have to worry about. That's my motto.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well personaly I would love to be really successful in what I do. I really wouldnt want to be a celebrity, but I wanna be sort-of-kind-of famous. I don't think that's greedy. I think we need noreChrisans that are either famous or famous-ish.

I think its a trap my friend. That however is just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I keep an extra month's supply of powdered food on hand, and I really should have some extra water on hand. But honestly, if I'm in a situation where a month's supply of food is not enough, then things are just extremely bad. Something's gonna kill me eventually, no matter what I do.

But it's not right to question the faith of preppers. Faith is a virtue, yes, but prudence is also a virtue.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I dislike the greed based american dream. I just want to live a simple and happy live, enjoying simple things. This seems good to me.
I consider such notions as "greed based" as strawmen in that the system can easily promote greed as well as it can promote giving and love it is easily adjusted to accommodate both it is the people involved that decide to be greedy or not.
I find some of this prepping can lead to the thinking of greed in that unless you are prepping to care for all your neighbors and friends if there is a disaster that needs a ton of supplies sooner or later those around you will run out and either you will have to share with them all or be essentially "greedy" and keep it for yourself (and family)>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I keep an extra month's supply of powdered food on hand, and I really should have some extra water on hand. But honestly, if I'm in a situation where a month's supply of food is not enough, then things are just extremely bad. Something's gonna kill me eventually, no matter what I do.

But it's not right to question the faith of preppers. Faith is a virtue, yes, but prudence is also a virtue.
I think many don't consider that when they store up months of food that disasters requiring that much is going to change society dramatically such that you will have to hide the fact that you have anything as someone else will at the least bother you to get some of it from you either begging, bartering or threatening.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I consider such notions as "greed based" as strawmen in that the system can easily promote greed as well as it can promote giving and love it is easily adjusted to accommodate both it is the people involved that decide to be greedy or not.
I find some of this prepping can lead to the thinking of greed in that unless you are prepping to care for all your neighbors and friends if there is a disaster that needs a ton of supplies sooner or later those around you will run out and either you will have to share with them all or be essentially "greedy" and keep it for yourself (and family)>

Luckily for us we are in a fellowship thread and not a debate thread, therefore the term "strawman" doesn't matter here.

The greed i speak of is this american dream. Everyone wants the perfect house, a nice bank account, healthcare, retirement, a boat, two or three cars, and many other such things. They vote for deceptive politicians who put political carrots of hope and promise in front of their face, and lead them around a circle of political madness.

I use to follow that american dream, but now i just want to live free from all that contention, worry and broken promises, and instead live free and simple.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Luckily for us we are in a fellowship thread and not a debate thread, therefore the term "strawman" doesn't matter here.

The greed i speak of is this american dream. Everyone wants the perfect house, a nice bank account, healthcare, retirement, a boat, two or three cars, and many other such things. They vote for deceptive politicians who put political carrots of hope and promise in front of their face, and lead them around a circle of political madness.

I use to follow that american dream, but now i just want to live free from all that contention, worry and broken promises, and instead live free and simple.
I want the Biblical dream... which is not a dream if you are truly believing in God an seeking His righteousness. Faith if the evidence of things not seen, not the denial of things that are. Denying that famine is in the land, and calling that "faith" is bogus. When the dearth hits, you will do one of two things. You will starve like millions of other Christians have starved in the last 2000 years, or you will have more than enough to feed your loved ones and even help others who are starving.
Do not say Christians do not starve in famines. Do we need to rehash the above posts when we show how that Christians have died in wars, plagues, natural catastrophes, and famines? Millions of them. Many of them, if they had the opportunity and wherewithal to prep before the events occurred, would have been able to save themselves and others. We have seen the color of the sky, we have correctly assessed what is coming, and we are taking the appropriate actions to supply for the needs of our families, neighbors, and friends. That is not carnal, lacking faith, or worldly. It is like Noah, who was warned of God, feared what God said was coming, and prepared an ark (full of preps) to the saving of not only his family, but the entire human race.
You really do not have to have a divine revelation to do this. All you need is a basic knowledge of human history, Christian history, and enough wisdom to read the signs of the times. Moving to high ground when the dam breaks is just common sense. Consider this forum and these threads as a warning that the dam is breaking and the water is headed your way.
What does common sense tell you to do?

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want the Biblical dream... which is not a dream if you are truly believing in God an seeking His righteousness. Faith if the evidence of things not seen, not the denial of things that are. Denying that famine is in the land, and calling that "faith" is bogus. When the dearth hits, you will do one of two things. You will starve like millions of other Christians have starved in the last 2000 years, or you will have more than enough to feed your loved ones and even help others who are starving.
Do not say Christians do not starve in famines. Do we need to rehash the above posts when we show how that Christians have died in wars, plagues, natural catastrophes, and famines? Millions of them. Many of them, if they had the opportunity and wherewithal to prep before the events occurred, would have been able to save themselves and others. We have seen the color of the sky, we have correctly assessed what is coming, and we are taking the appropriate actions to supply for the needs of our families, neighbors, and friends. That is not carnal, lacking faith, or worldly. It is like Noah, who was warned of God, feared what God said was coming, and prepared an ark (full of preps) to the saving of not only his family, but the entire human race.
You really do not have to have a divine revelation to do this. All you need is a basic knowledge of human history, Christian history, and enough wisdom to read the signs of the times. Moving to high ground when the dam breaks is just common sense. Consider this forum and these threads as a warning that the dam is breaking and the water is headed your way.
What does common sense tell you to do?

I see in Romans 8 that God never promised that we would not be killed or suffer famine. He instead promises that it will not separate us from Gods love through Christ. Neither death nor life, sword or famine can separate us. Thats how i interpret it anyway.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see in Romans 8 that God never promised that we would not be killed or suffer famine. He instead promises that it will not separate us from Gods love through Christ. Neither death nor life, sword or famine can separate us. Thats how i interpret it anyway.
I agree... nobody is talking about being separated from Christ. Praise the Lord we are secure in His love. We are talking about being separated from our bodies. There is no need to die if all you have to do is take some simple, common sense preparations.
Jesus told the believers in Judea to bug out to Petra, not because they were going to lose their souls, but because He wanted them to live. Why die if you do not have to? There is nothing in scripture that says when famine comes we have to sit idly by and watch our children starve. It is assumed throughout scripture that God wants us to live and to take whatever steps common sense would dictate to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WeAreTheChristianGems

Really hoping to contact some Christian artists
Jul 30, 2015
✟15,242.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think its a trap my friend. That however is just my opinion.
How? Like I said, I don't want to be 'famous' famous (personaly I hate attention) but I want my work to be influential and at least known.
And it'd be even easier to tell people about Jesus!

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont care much about investing money, and i don't stockpile ammo. Im only interested in things like growing and preserving food, generating electric, and wood and metal working. The apostle paul said that if we have food and clothing then we will be content, he said that people who desire to be rich are not following the faith, and so i try to avoid worrying about money.

you say you grow and preserve food, and generate electricity, wood work, an metal work.

but tools cost money, raw material costs money, labor costs money.

electricity for the saws and welders.

flux and rod, and wire, wood and nails and seed and water....

thats all raw material that costs.

so you say that you don't like positive returns on your money, but it looks like you are basically just doing negative investing.

or losing money.

so what is worse,

prepping portfolio's or prepping the gas tank on a generator that may never be used before the gas goes bad?

(note I was using extremes when talking ammo, etc)

it's the bunker down mentality which may manifest in a monk mindset where it's us against the world of evil.

or it could be what Jesus wanted, which is to be with the people in the mix, ministering, handing out hot drinks in the snow, or handing out sock and tooth brushes to the homeless under the bridge.

all that take money.

So not only is the Lord taking care of our needs, but should we be faithful to prepare for investment, regular deposits, etc.....

God will use our surplus to help others.

I think that is what God wishes for all of us.

do you give 10% gross to a church?

I don't.

I am at about 3% right now.

but I wish for it to be more, and it used to be like 1%, a few years back.

so we are working up, slowly.

but if you don't go forward with your walk with Jesus, you go backward.

Now riches and wealth isn't bad.

It's when we start salivating at the next LED 4X 60 inch TV's

and I could go on and on.

it's the keeping up with the jones mentality.

Oh the smiths Got the latest computer system, the latest surround sound, and the latest sterio stuff.

so I need it too.

No,

we don't get our identity from our neighbors or anyone else.

Investment is basically being wise with money.

being fiscally minded.

it's discipline.

and discipline with anything is hard.

be it fitness,

diet.

or saving.

we just don't like rules, we buck on rules and authority.

thats why we need to realize that it's not all about us, or me.

it's about those who we plan to help.

I don't want a 60" TV.

I am happy with a 30"

and even that to me is big.

Really, we need to think about the poor, and helping others.

not if we have bread tomorrow, or metal shops, or wood shops.

who cares about this life, it will perish.

along with everything in our portfolios'

but helping "the pocket testament league" - one of the oldest Bible publishers....

print gospels of John in many formats for giving out to the masses, here in Us, and abroad.

https://www.ptl.org/https://www.ptl.org/

someone sponsors you, for free. You get the number of pamphlets you request for free, or for donation.

and someone sponsors you if you request for free.

then you in turn give them out, later when you have more resources, you sponsor someone else.

they have tracking codes on the gospels of john, so you can track where they go, which states, areas etc.

and see you spere of influence.

thats on ministry you can do anywhere.

thats what I mean, by it all takes money.

so money aint bad, it's doing bad things with the money that is bad.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you say you grow and preserve food, and generate electricity, wood work, an metal work.

but tools cost money, raw material costs money, labor costs money.

electricity for the saws and welders.

flux and rod, and wire, wood and nails and seed and water....

thats all raw material that costs.

so you say that you don't like positive returns on your money, but it looks like you are basically just doing negative investing.

or losing money.

so what is worse,

prepping portfolio's or prepping the gas tank on a generator that may never be used before the gas goes bad?

(note I was using extremes when talking ammo, etc)

it's the bunker down mentality which may manifest in a monk mindset where it's us against the world of evil.

or it could be what Jesus wanted, which is to be with the people in the mix, ministering, handing out hot drinks in the snow, or handing out sock and tooth brushes to the homeless under the bridge.

all that take money.

So not only is the Lord taking care of our needs, but should we be faithful to prepare for investment, regular deposits, etc.....

God will use our surplus to help others.

I think that is what God wishes for all of us.

do you give 10% gross to a church?

I don't.

I am at about 3% right now.

but I wish for it to be more, and it used to be like 1%, a few years back.

so we are working up, slowly.

but if you don't go forward with your walk with Jesus, you go backward.

Now riches and wealth isn't bad.

It's when we start salivating at the next LED 4X 60 inch TV's

and I could go on and on.

it's the keeping up with the jones mentality.

Oh the smiths Got the latest computer system, the latest surround sound, and the latest sterio stuff.

so I need it too.

No,

we don't get our identity from our neighbors or anyone else.

Investment is basically being wise with money.

being fiscally minded.

it's discipline.

and discipline with anything is hard.

be it fitness,

diet.

or saving.

we just don't like rules, we buck on rules and authority.

thats why we need to realize that it's not all about us, or me.

it's about those who we plan to help.

I don't want a 60" TV.

I am happy with a 30"

and even that to me is big.

Really, we need to think about the poor, and helping others.

not if we have bread tomorrow, or metal shops, or wood shops.

who cares about this life, it will perish.

along with everything in our portfolios'

but helping "the pocket testament league" - one of the oldest Bible publishers....

print gospels of John in many formats for giving out to the masses, here in Us, and abroad.

https://www.ptl.org/https://www.ptl.org/

someone sponsors you, for free. You get the number of pamphlets you request for free, or for donation.

and someone sponsors you if you request for free.

then you in turn give them out, later when you have more resources, you sponsor someone else.

they have tracking codes on the gospels of john, so you can track where they go, which states, areas etc.

and see you spere of influence.

thats on ministry you can do anywhere.

thats what I mean, by it all takes money.

so money aint bad, it's doing bad things with the money that is bad.

Money would only be used to buy from others these things that you say are negative investments, and therefore your so called positive investment is wasted on negative investment in the end anyway.

Investing in the things that i do is actually an investment in my mental health, and in my quality of life as well, so its far from negative investment. These things can actually help others too, and can serve just as well as money can, and in the end that is what money is used for anyway. My returns are in fact a better quality of life for myself, which can only help society as a whole, as well as myself. I dont agree with a "bunker down" mentality either.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Money would only be used to buy from others these things that you say are negative investments, and therefore your so called positive investment is wasted on negative investment in the end anyway.

Investing in the things that i do is actually an investment in my mental health, and in my quality of life as well, so its far from negative investment. These things can actually help others too, and can serve just as well as money can, and in the end that is what money is used for anyway. My returns are in fact a better quality of life for myself, which can only help society as a whole, as well as myself. I dont agree with a "bunker down" mentality either.

I actually agree,

simplification is a method of being fiscally responsible.

stream line costs,

combine things to make costs go down.

I get it.

I am just using the point to say, metal work, and wood work are not things I would typically buy.

I have a person in our family that bought a car lift for his garage. A huge one.

he uses it like maybe once a month.

most people use ramps or jacks, or whatever.

so you see how people justify spending money on the cool stuff, and why this is not necessarily wise don't you?

My point is even in a negative market you can make lots of money.

short sellers rely on falling stock price to make money.

they borrow 10 shares of stock at 100 dolars a piece for example.

then wait till it falls (which is common place in the last 3-4 weeks and going forward)

then you sell it say at 75 dollars a piece.

you pocket 25 dollars a share, or 250 bucks.

for a few hours of trading.

thats a simplification, but it's what they do.

forex are the highest volume investment it's in the trillions of transactions, and are open 24 hours.

typically futures are inverse to the market to.

so when the market dives, futures tend to spike.

forex can is typically transactions based on making money from currency exchanging.

so if the dollar falls below euro, you leverage that in your investment.

so my thing is that unless the dollar fails completely,

which for the most part won't happen, at worse I am thinking a max of -5%

that's nothing if you are making 25% a day for 3-6 months prior and after.

check out this link they seem to think the devaluation of the juan will strengthen the dollar as being a solid peg in future:

http://gulfnews.com/business/money/us-dollar-to-strengthen-further-boost-uae-remittances-1.1579346http://gulfnews.com/business/money/us-dollar-to-strengthen-further-boost-uae-remittances-1.1579346

Upvote 0