USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is another myth often peddled by the media; that women can do anything a man can do. Many Hollywood movies go far beyond this depicting a lone woman weighing 90 pounds, who knocks the block off of 15 knife-wielding men, each weighing 200 pounds plus. The agenda behind this would not be so blatant if it weren't almost every action movie out there today. It's ridiculous.

If given the choice, who would you have carry you out of a burning building? A 150 pound woman, or a 250 pound man? Woman should not be allowed to become fire fighters if there are more capable men to select from.
...do you find accurate the depictions of what men can do in fights?

• Informative
Reactions: Mary Meg
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I work in a machine shop that does do most of the labor. Women still avoid it.
I don't like it either. It's noisey. And I have two broken fingernails.

I was thinking about this overnight.

Is the complaint that you do work you don't like, and women don't do it? But the women choose other jobs?

It seems to me you have the same choice as the women to pursue other jobs; but if you don't, then it's not fair to complain that the women do!

Can you list the “stereotype” you disagree with?

There would be a bunch, but my pet peeve would be the one that says women are less intellectually capable, and more "emotional" than men.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...do you find accurate the depictions of what men can do in fights?

Definitely more so than a woman. It's not the point though, the theme is that Hollywood propagates these agendas.

• Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Like... army, police?

Or in what job you think that being "bigger" is important?
I think manuel labor jobs, and more dangerous jobs are a better fit for men. Not to mention, women are more vulnerable than men to be attacked and injured in a job such as the army or being a police officer. Nobody is saying a woman cannot work theses jobs, but I am saying men and women are different, and women do have to take precautions and know the different risk in taking jobs such as those. God did not make men and women equal, we all play different roles in society.

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm gonna be honest here and say, I think its funny that women are the ones complaining about differences in here, and none of the men are. I am a woman, and I just really do not understand why differences between men and women is a bad thing. Its not unequal treatment, it is just simply the way we were designed. The bible says that women are the weaker vessel. As women, we have to take more precautions than a man when we walk alone at night because there is potentially we may be attacked and not be able to fend the attacker off as well as a man. But even with that, women can still be strong in their own way, but it is not equal to man, and there is nothing wrong with that. I think this is the reason why some people do not take feminism very seriously, it makes women come across as bitter and angry.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some women are larger and physically stronger than some man.

I would say that an average American woman is heavier and stronger than an average Asian man.
I disagree. It's not just size, it's muscle mass, upper body strength, ect. Males in general for their size have larger muscle mass, larger fast twitch muscle fibers,larger lungs,larger hearts,longer legs, more testoterone, ect than a female the same size or larger. It's a biological fact. A man 5'3" and 125 pounds could probably get the best of a much larger woman no doubt. Weighing more or being taller has nothing to do with it. Of course that has no difference as far as equal rights, equal pay for equal work, ect. But men are built differently than women. This is a biological fact.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you even watched 1/4 of the way into the video in the OP, it would explain that.

I didn't. The majority of the shop uses earbuds to listen to music and many of us use noise canceling bluetooth headphones that block noise and you can listen to your favorite tunes. We guys even allow the women to have headphones becasue we are female owned and run company and very progressive for women's rights.

Upvote 0

ms.smith

Apr 1, 2019
Arkansas
✟22,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't. The majority of the shop uses earbuds to listen to music and many of us use noise canceling bluetooth headphones that block noise and you can listen to your favorite tunes. We guys even allow the women to have headphones becasue we are female owned and run company and very progressive for women's rights.

Fair enough, but I (as a woman) wouldn't even apply to or seek out a job with a noisy environment, despite the permission to wear headphones.

How safe are legit noise-canceling headphones in a machine shop anyway?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fair enough, but I (as a woman) wouldn't even apply to or seek out a job with a noisy environment, despite the permission to wear headphones.

Then you don't expect to get paid the same as men if you do.
Equal work ethics gets you equal pay.
If you don't want to work where the work is needed
then don't expect equal pay for the select jobs
that you will take. When you are ready to do whatever
job need to be done anywhere in the company, only
then will you get paid the same as a man.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking about this overnight.Is the complaint that you do work you don't like, and women don't do it? But the women choose other jobs?It seems to me you have the same choice as the women to pursue other jobs; but if you don't, then it's not fair to complain that the women do!

True. Women just don't deserve equal pay if they want the cushy jobs.
When they are ready to man up, they can ask for equal pay.
Men would love to have the easy jobs when they get old or are hurt.
But they are packed with scores of experienced females.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm gonna be honest here and say, I think its funny that women are the ones complaining about differences in here, and none of the men are. I am a woman, and I just really do not understand why differences between men and women is a bad thing.

Because then you get things like (these are real life examples) when you go to a lecturer for help with the subject he teaches, and he refuses to help you, and finishes his refusal with, "and anyway, women don't belong in science." Or when you are bullied in the workplace by someone who excuses his behaviour by saying, "It's not appropriate for a young woman to do this job." (One of those jobs @SkyWriting wants women to put their hands up for, I note!) Or when you get kicked out of college when you're pregnant. And so on.

The "women are different" narrative always ends up as an excuse to treat us not just as different but as lesser.

@SkyWriting, different jobs get different rates of pay. I don't see anyone arguing against that. But trying to force people to do work they wouldn't choose? How is that reasonable? Or even treating them as you would wish to be treated?

Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because then you get things like (these are real life examples) when you go to a lecturer for help with the subject he teaches, and he refuses to help you, and finishes his refusal with, "and anyway, women don't belong in science." Or when you are bullied in the workplace by someone who excuses his behaviour by saying, "It's not appropriate for a young woman to do this job." (One of those jobs @SkyWriting wants women to put their hands up for, I note!) Or when you get kicked out of college when you're pregnant. And so on.

The "women are different" narrative always ends up as an excuse to treat us not just as different but as lesser.

@SkyWriting, different jobs get different rates of pay. I don't see anyone arguing against that. But trying to force people to do work they wouldn't choose? How is that reasonable? Or even treating them as you would wish to be treated?
Have you encountered these situations yourself?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some women are larger and physically stronger than some man.

I would say that an average American woman is heavier and stronger than an average Asian man.
How do Asian women compare to Asian men?

Upvote 0

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Those are my personal, real life experiences.
Ok, I see your point of view. I think the way you were treated was unfair, and does give me insight into what some women go through. I have not personally experienced any of this, so I can only tell of my experience.

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2. Women policemen can be a calming element, so the situation does not escalate so much.
lolwut?

Sometimes they get more aggro than their male counterparters:

Sometimes they cry:
ALTERNATIVE Police on Twitter

Other times a perp pulls a gun on them and they instantly beg:

I'm sure some of them do good work but at the end of the day there's just no sane reason to have female cops.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
there's just no sane reason to have female cops.

I just can't even.

Note the point in this article:

"The question of physical strength continues to emerge when the issues of female police officers are brought up; however, physical strength has not been shown to predict either general police effectiveness or the ability to be successful in handling dangerous situations. Nor has physical strength been shown to play a role in line-of-duty deaths. Most police fatalities are related to gunfire and automobile accidents.

Studies have shown that women in policing are less likely to use excessive and deadly force. They are also less likely than their male coworkers to be involved in fights or acts of aggression on the job. Female officers rely more on interpersonal skills than physical force. Women are known to deescalate potentially violent situations more often than men. This emphasis on communication goes a long way in the modern approach to policing known as “community policing.” Police departments are leaning more toward community partnerships and proactive problem-solving versus the “tough guy” reactive approach popular in years past. "

Challenges for Women in Policing | Hendon Publishing

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just can't even.
Golly.

"The question of physical strength continues to emerge when the issues of female police officers are brought up; however, physical strength has not been shown to predict either general police effectiveness or the ability to be successful in handling dangerous situations.
I wouldn't imagine that it would. There are other factors working against female officers; only one of them is a relative lack of physical strength.

Female officers rely more on interpersonal skills than physical force.
Is crying while their police cruiser gets pelted by rocks thrown by yellow vest protesters "interpersonal skills"?

Women are known to deescalate potentially violent situations more often than men.
The officer who instantly started screaming and begging when the perp pulled a gun on her certainly deescalated the situation.

The weird thing is that male officers have no small number of terrible habits. Every single aspect of their training is seemingly designed to provoke suspects into doing something stupid. Getting into a perp's face and screaming at the top of their lungs, the old "stop resisting, stop resisting" bit as they break somebody's arm, etc.

So in case I'm not being clear, my disrespect and antipathy extends to male officers as well. Just for different reasons.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Studies have shown that women in policing are less likely to use excessive and deadly force. They are also less likely than their male coworkers to be involved in fights or acts of aggression on the job. Female officers rely more on interpersonal skills than physical force. Women are known to deescalate potentially violent situations more often than men. This emphasis on communication goes a long way in the modern approach to policing known as “community policing.” Police departments are leaning more toward community partnerships and proactive problem-solving versus the “tough guy” reactive approach popular in years past. "

Challenges for Women in Policing | Hendon Publishing

The so-called studies were not referenced in the article, which means it's the author's opinion.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure there are both policemen and policewomen who aren't great at the job (as with any field). I object to the assertion that that means there's "no sane reason" to have policewomen, given that some of them are exceptionally good at it.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0