Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the Red Heiffer was to be completely burned and the ash used in the water for the ceremonial cleansing if contacted with any thing dead. The heifer was also burned with scarlet and cedar wood and hyssop which is all pointing to the king. The scarlet representing the blood and the cedar the cross and the hyssop or gall put to Jesus its on the cross is an amazing foreshadowing in the law.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,387.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as I can tell, the new temple is associated with the obliteration of America.

When a powerful friend of Israel brings a gift for the new temple on the Temple Mount, then it gets obliterated on that very day. That comes from Isaiah 18:7.

Who is that powerful friend of Israel? America?

• Informative
Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a sincere question: Why would Christians be motivated to help reestablish the sacrificial system? Presumably, the sacrifice of Christ was more than sufficient and ended the need for such a system. From the outside, it looks counter-intuitive to try and reestablish that system, but I'm assuming there must be some valid reason I'm missing.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have a sincere question: Why would Christians be motivated to help reestablish the sacrificial system? Presumably, the sacrifice of Christ was more than sufficient and ended the need for such a system. From the outside, it looks counter-intuitive to try and reestablish that system, but I'm assuming there must be some valid reason I'm missing.

I've started a study series on the subject of "sacrifices" here: YHWH's Table - Table Talk

I still have a long way to go on that series; and I'm far from bringing this verse into the study; but for now we can ponder its' meaning together:

(CLV) Isa 56:7
I will bring them also to My holy mountain And make them rejoice in My house of prayer; Their ascent offerings and their sacrifices They shall offer up for acceptance on My altar, For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've started a study series on the subject of "sacrifices" here: YHWH's Table - Table Talk

I still have a long way to go on that series; and I'm far from bringing this verse into the study; but for now we can ponder its' meaning together:

(CLV) Isa 56:7
I will bring them also to My holy mountain And make them rejoice in My house of prayer; Their ascent offerings and their sacrifices They shall offer up for acceptance on My altar, For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

I don't want to debate, but followers of Christ have generally not interpreted that to mean re-instituting the sacrificial system. I guess that's what I'm missing. A passage like that is taken both prophetic and literally prophetic, i.e., the house of prayer is the temple and the sacrifices are literal. Okay, I appreciate the clarification.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to debate, but followers of Christ have generally not interpreted that to mean re-instituting the sacrificial system. I guess that's what I'm missing. A passage like that is taken both prophetic and literally prophetic, i.e., the house of prayer is the temple and the sacrifices are literal. Okay, I appreciate the clarification.

Did you notice that I put the word "sacrifices" in quotes?

Here are some of the words that I have come across so far, that have been translated as "sacrifice."

Table Manners

Some of these translators play fast and loose with the Hebrew, and lack understanding of what they are translating.

You might also find this portion of the study to be very interesting:

YHWH's Table (Part 8A)

• Informative
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you notice that I put the word "sacrifices" in quotes

Well, no, I missed that. I guess I still don't understand. Christians support reestablishing the literal sacrificial system because they interpret "sacrifice" spiritually?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, no, I missed that. I guess I still don't understand. Christians support reestablishing the literal sacrificial system because they interpret "sacrifice" spiritually?

Reestablishing?

(CLV) Jer 33:17
For thus says Yahweh: There shall not be cut off a man of David's line from sitting on the throne of the house of Israel.

(CLV) Jer 33:18
As for the Levitical priests there shall not be cut off a man from before Me who offers up the ascent offering and fumes the approach present and offers sacrifices for all the days.

I no more believe that the sacrifices need to be reestablished, anymore than the throne needs, or needed, to be reestablished.

I try not to rely on my own understanding, but to trust YHWH at his word. If my understanding doesn't line up with his word; then I am misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I no more believe that the sacrifices need to be reestablished, anymore that the throne needs, or needed to, be reestablished

Okay, my apologies. I'm talking about the dude from Texas in the OP article. Unless I misunderstood, which is highly likely at this point, he's a Christian supplying red heifers to Jerusalem in order to help reestablish the sacrificial system in modern Israel. Am I misunderstanding that?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, my apologies. I'm talking about the dude from Texas in the OP article. Unless I misunderstood, which is highly likely at this point, he's a Christian supplying red heifers to Jerusalem in order to help reestablish the sacrificial system in modern Israel. Am I misunderstanding that?

I don't believe that YHWH has called his people back into the land; so I don't believe that this is of YHWH.

(CLV) Isa 11:11
And it will come to be in that day, Yahweh shall again lift up His hand, To be zealous for the remnant of His people Which shall remain from Assyria and from Egypt, From Pathros and from Cush, From Elam and from Shinar, From Hamath and from the coastlands of the sea.

(CLV) Isa 11:12
He will lift up a banner for the nations And gather the expelled of Israel, And He shall convene the scattered of Judah From the four wings of the earth.

Those who are in the land at this time, don't fulfill these demographics.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So, they need to start building the temple soon, right? Otherwise all the cows will be too old.

No, they do the sacrifice of the heifer first on the mount of olives. They believe they need the ashes in order to reach ritual purity under Torah in order to do their priestly duties, and to even build the temple.

As far as I can tell, the new temple is associated with the obliteration of America.

When a powerful friend of Israel brings a gift for the new temple on the Temple Mount, then it gets obliterated on that very day. That comes from Isaiah 18:7.

Who is that powerful friend of Israel? America?

That's an interesting verse, I'll have to look into its context, but that could be quite insightful.

Having read it.. in context, the previous burden was on Damascus, and the following burden is on Egypt.
Here it's a nation that is not Damascus or Egypt as those are addressed elsewhere, but a land divided by rivers that is "beyond" Ethiopia, but also sends emissaries by ship across the sea. I'd maybe at first think Sudan/Cush but.. they don't send emissaries by sea, they're landlocked.

What I don't see in the passage is a reference to an immediate destruction.
I see possible language regarding the second coming, imagery that Jesus used in the Olivet Discourse regarding the sign of the son of man (raising an ensign on the mountains and blowing a trumpet), and also imagery that corresponds to Revelation 14. Where there's 2 harvests. 1 done by Jesus, and 1 of the grapes of the vine of the earth that are harvested by an angel and put through the wrath of God. Here the sprigs are pruned (of a budding tree.. fig tree?), and the branches will be cut off and taken away (it also evokes the parable of the wheat and the tares, where the tares are gathered together and then burned), and then left for the birds and the beasts (Armageddon language?)

But I can't even pretend to believe I clearly understand it and can actually interpret it. It's definitely something to meditate on.

Reestablishing?

(CLV) Jer 33:17
For thus says Yahweh: There shall not be cut off a man of David's line from sitting on the throne of the house of Israel.

As for the Levitical priests there shall not be cut off a man from before Me who offers up the ascent offering and fumes the approach present and offers sacrifices for all the days.

I no more believe that the sacrifices need to be reestablished, anymore than the throne needs, or needed, to be reestablished.

I try not to rely on my own understanding, but to trust YHWH at his word. If my understanding doesn't line up with his word; then I am misunderstanding.

Do you hold a preterist view of the passages of Daniel referring to the Abomination of Desolation that puts an end to the daily sacrifices?
As a futurist my interest in this (and I understand I'm in the Messianic subforum I will try to be respectful) is that daily sacrifices would have to begin again, for them to be ended by Antichrist.

Obviously I don't believe Messianics feel any need to perform animal sacrifices, but Orthodox seem to desire it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you hold a preterist view of the passages of Daniel referring to the Abomination of Desolation that puts an end to the daily sacrifices?
As a futurist my interest in this (and I understand I'm in the Messianic subforum I will try to be respectful) is that daily sacrifices would have to begin again, for them to be ended by Antichrist.

Obviously I don't believe Messianics feel any need to perform animal sacrifices, but Orthodox seem to desire it.

Thus sayeth YHWH:

Before you attempt to label me; let's focus on what is the truth. Let's start with some basics.

Do you believe that YHWH's words are true?

If so do you believe that Jeremiah was telling the truth; when he said that he was speaking for YHWH?

If so, do you believe that this verse has been tampered with to any relevant degree?

If not, will you accept this verse as a fair representation of the truth, as presented?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thus sayeth YHWH:

Before you attempt to label me; let's focus on what is the truth. Let's start with some basics.

Do you believe that YHWH's words are true?

If so do you believe that Jeremiah was telling the truth; when he said that he was speaking for YHWH?

If so, do you believe that this verse has been tampered with to any relevant degree?

If not, will you accept this verse as a fair representation of the truth, as presented?

I do, but as someone in Christ we probably both understand that Jesus coming and dying on the cross put an end to Levitical sacrifices as they were done previously, right? That the purpose for the sacrifices had been fulfilled.

and after 70AD, they had ended in practice on top of ending in purpose.

However Daniel talks about daily sacrifices (in a time after they'd ceased because the temple had been destroyed, so it was already revelation that they'd begin again at all), and then them being ended in the middle of the 70th week.

I guess that's where I have the question regarding that. Is specific to how it affects the 70th week and end times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do, but as someone in Christ we probably both understand that Jesus coming and dying on the cross put an end to Levitical sacrifices as they were done previously, right? That the purpose for the sacrifices had been fulfilled.

Scripture does not support that assumption. Scripture refutes it.

and after 70AD, they had ended in practice on top of ending in purpose.

Who are "they?"

Yet hath our legislator no where forbidden us to pay honors to worthy men, provided they be of another kind, and inferior to those we pay to God; with which honors we willingly testify our respect to our emperors, and to the people of Rome; we also offer perpetual sacrifices for them; nor do we only offer them every day at the common expenses of all the Jews, but although we offer no other such sacrifices out of our common expenses, no, not for our own children, yet do we this as a peculiar honor to the emperors, and to them alone, while we do the same to no other person whomsoever. And let this suffice for an answer in general to Apion, as to what he says with relation to the Alexandrian Jews.

Josephus, Against Apion Book II

Against Apion cites Josephus' earlier work Antiquities of the Jews, so can be dated after C.E. 94. It was most likely written in the early second century.[1]

Against Apion - Wikipedia

However Daniel talks about daily sacrifices (in a time after they'd ceased because the temple had been destroyed, so it was already revelation that they'd begin again at all), and then them being ended in the middle of the 70th week.

I guess that's where I have the question regarding that. Is specific to how it affects the 70th week and end times.

I'm not big on Eschatology; but I see a lot of people who are very sure of themselves in that study, who contradict each other.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Scripture does not support that assumption. Scripture refutes it.

Who are "they?"

Yet hath our legislator no where forbidden us to pay honors to worthy men, provided they be of another kind, and inferior to those we pay to God; with which honors we willingly testify our respect to our emperors, and to the people of Rome; we also offer perpetual sacrifices for them; nor do we only offer them every day at the common expenses of all the Jews, but although we offer no other such sacrifices out of our common expenses, no, not for our own children, yet do we this as a peculiar honor to the emperors, and to them alone, while we do the same to no other person whomsoever. And let this suffice for an answer in general to Apion, as to what he says with relation to the Alexandrian Jews.

Josephus, Against Apion Book II

Against Apion cites Josephus' earlier work Antiquities of the Jews, so can be dated after C.E. 94. It was most likely written in the early second century.[1]

Against Apion - Wikipedia

I'm not big on Eschatology; but I see a lot of people who are very sure of themselves in that study, who contradict each other.

So... could you be more clear as to what you mean? You think Levitical sacrifices have continued for the past 2000 years?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So... could you be more clear as to what you mean? You think Levitical sacrifices have continued for the past 2000 years?

We were working on the truth.

Thus sayeth YHWH:

If I understand you correctly; you accept this as truth.

In that light, I don't understand your question.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
We were working on the truth.

Thus sayeth YHWH:

If I understand you correctly; you accept this as truth.

In that light, I don't understand your question.

I don't quite understand how you mean that Levitical animal sacrifices have continued. so I'm asking for clarification.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't quite understand how you mean that Levitical animal sacrifices have continued. so I'm asking for clarification.

Can you quote me on that?

I quoted Jeremiah and Josephus. Can you refute their testimonies?

If not, it puzzles me why you would question their testimonies.

I accept them as presented.

Last edited:
Upvote 0