United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You seem to fancy yourself an expert.

How do YOU suppose they got that way??

Do you believe there's a Gay GENE??

If someone told you that, they are having a laugh at your expense.

Tell them I said to stop it.
Let's assume solely for the sake of argument you are correct: Do you know of any bomb that rewrites a person's genes?

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ loves all of us, gay or not. He loves us so much that while we were still enemies, He died on the cross for us. And this same Christ who loves us so much and who forgave the woman caught in the act of adultery said "Go and sin no more."

Here's the thing: All of us are sinners. If we say we accept Christ and deliberately continue in our sin, we have in effect called Him a liar, that we have no sin. It doesn't matter what that sin may be: Any sin places us at odds with a perfectly holy God.
I agree with some of this, but do you not see the contradictions in what you are claiming here?

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with some of this, but do you not see the contradictions in what you are claiming here?
If we know Christ, are we to continue in sin? And if all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, then any sin puts us at odds with God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Think... @Tuur...

You guys, and those like you, for I've met many, do not even seem to know how you are greatly condemning yourselves, and how you will recieve a much heavier judgment than the rest of us, etc, but that is not the topic of this thread, so I am going to stick to that, ok...

God Bless!

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You seem to fancy yourself an expert.
Only in matters in which I am expert. In other matters I might consider myself well read. And in others, completely ignorant.
How do YOU suppose they got that way??

Do you believe there's a Gay GENE??
Genetics would come into category 2. And I know enough to know that we don't know enough. Pick either side of the argument and I'd be able to put forward a decent rebuttal. I do know that individual genetic markers for something as complex as sexual preference are extremely difficult to pinpoint. Some genes may point to a particular characteristic but only under the influence of other genes. Which themselves are activated by a variety of others. Picking one and saying 'this causes that' is fraught with difficulty.

So the answer would be...there is almost certainly no single gene responsible. So you couldn't somehow add it to ensure a child would grow up gay or ensure it was absent to ensure he or she would be straight.

And you most definately can't spray anyone with anything to turn them gay. That's abject nonsense.

And think up your own punchlines, please.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Think.. @Tuur...

It is very, very hypocritical judgement, and we all should know just how much God "hates", "that", etc...

I'll try to show you the futility of it...

This should be part of a quote by you guys, since it is in your hearts, etc...

"I don't on purpose try to deliberately or habitually sin on purpose, even though I sin, therefore, God is going to love me much more than any of those others, and send them all straight to hell, at which point, I will very, very much greatly rejoice over it, and God will be very, very pleased with me, for there is not one thing about me that He does not ever love, or should not ever love ever at all ever, etc..."

Shall I continue some more...?

Or is that yet enough for you yet...?

You people are some of the worst in my view, and I hate to tell you that I think God thinks and feels the same way, for I know Him, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Think.. @Tuur...

It is people like you who have probably had some part in creating or making the people that you now hate, and you don't think God is going to judge you for that...?

Anyway, back to the subject at hand now...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Think.. @Tuur...

It is people like you who have probably had some part in creating or making the people that you now hate, and you don't think God is going to judge you for that...?

Anyway, back to the subject at hand now...

God Bless!
@Think... @Tuur...

And I really "hate" having to try and reverse the damage that you and those like you do still do, and have done, just as you have always done, etc...

Back to subject at hand now, ok...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suspect if he wasn’t a they/ them we would already know about his past and his social media activity.
What, the various Right Wing media can't search it and don't have any actual reporters on staff? The fact that none of the Right Wing media, including Fox (or even the NY Post or Washington Times), have found any supporting information, makes the lawyers claim seem suspect.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many club goers killed.

"Colorado Sen. John Hickenlooper described the shooting as "horrendous," tweeting that the LGBTQ community needs to be protected from "this hate.""

America cannot even protect kids in school from gun crime. Especially when Christian pastor calls for gays to be executed.

This reminds me of Germany in the thirties. The corruption and decadence of the decaying Weimar Republic were epitomized in the eyes of the Nazis by Jews and by homosexuals and their dominance of the culture of the time. The reaction was devastating.

The scriptures are clear that a homosexual lifestyle is detestable to God and a gay pride parade is an advert for the sins of lust and pride and therefore an ungodly and immoral display. But the bible also condemns adultery, murder, and self-righteousness and I fear that those who most prominently represent the Woke culture may now become the targets of an equally ungodly Christian nationalism in the USA. It is not too late to reverse these trends and restore peace and order.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,315.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures are clear that a homosexual lifestyle is detestable to God and a gay pride parade is an advert for the sins of lust and pride and therefore an ungodly and immoral display.
I would love to get a scriptural quote for those assertions, preferraby from the Gospel, anywhere would do for the 'gay parade' part.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About the homosexual part of your post, I did wonder if maybe some of @coffee4u post was directed at me or not, etc, but I really don't personally care either, etc, people are very free to think whatever they want to think about me, etc, as it is only God and I who know the Truth about that with me, etc, and beyond that, it really doesn't matter to me there, etc...

And also whether some people are truly born that way I do not think I can answer, but I do think there are some at least that can develop that tendency/influence, etc, by other influences later, etc, but just only touched by the feeling of that infirmity temporarily I do not think makes one gay either, and in that I think the world is lying to us, and in that much I agree with you there...

God Bless!
No, not at all or I would have tagged you. :)

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, not at all or I would have tagged you. :)
Well, I appreciate that, I guess, but it truly would not have mattered to me either way.

I feel like people are always trying to figure me out all of the time, and it's only just only natural that some would just naturally come to some false conclusions about me, but I really and genuinely truly, really don't care about that either way, and I really do mean that 100% genuinely truly, etc, and I will even very much greatly rejoice over some people's opinions about me, true or false,, if it's pointing them to Jesus Christ, or is making them think about or consider God or Jesus Christ, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Think... @Tuur...

You guys, and those like you, for I've met many, do not even seem to know how you are greatly condemning yourselves, and how you will recieve a much heavier judgment than the rest of us, etc, but that is not the topic of this thread, so I am going to stick to that, ok...

God Bless!
Of course I condemn myself. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. All includes me. That's why I need a Savior. That's why you need a Savior. That's why we all need a Savior. Didn't the Apostle John write that if we say we have no sin, we make Jesus out to be a liar? We all have sinned. That is the point. None of us is righteous. That is why all of us need Christ.

Once we realize our wickedness, do we then continue in our wickedness? No. Something that shook me was the realization was when I sin, that means I regard the blood of Christ as something cheap. Do we then say "Oh, Jesus paid for our sins, so we can continue to sin?" To do so is to consider Jesus' sufferings for us to be worth less than the pleasure we might have from sin.

There's a lot said about the difference between falling into sin and practicing sin, but if we're not careful, we can overlook that both is sin. About the only difference is that it shows our attitude toward sin and whether we recognize that we ourselves are sinners. Yet whether we fall into sin or make a practice of it, it is still sin.

You say that I condemn myself? I say absolutely. Were it not for what Christ has done for me on the cross, I would have no hope at all.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's the chicken and the egg with sexual sin as in how it is connected, or is interconnected, also with others sins, but as all sins get worse, it most of the time, leads to a collapse of that society, historically, etc...

And it's the sexual immorality, and not necessarily being gay, that I was talking about also, and if you read some of my prior posts, you might know that, etc...

God Bless!
That does not answer the question I asked you. When is sexual immorality going to cause the downfall of society?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course I condemn myself. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. All includes me. That's why I need a Savior. That's why you need a Savior. That's why we all need a Savior. Didn't the Apostle John write that if we say we have no sin, we make Jesus out to be a liar? We all have sinned. That is the point. None of us is righteous. That is why all of us need Christ.

Once we realize our wickedness, do we then continue in our wickedness? No. Something that shook me was the realization was when I sin, that means I regard the blood of Christ as something cheap. Do we then say "Oh, Jesus paid for our sins, so we can continue to sin?" To do so is to consider Jesus' sufferings for us to be worth less than the pleasure we might have from sin.

There's a lot said about the difference between falling into sin and practicing sin, but if we're not careful, we can overlook that both is sin. About the only difference is that it shows our attitude toward sin and whether we recognize that we ourselves are sinners. Yet whether we fall into sin or make a practice of it, it is still sin.

You say that I condemn myself? I say absolutely. Were it not for what Christ has done for me on the cross, I would have no hope at all.
Just be careful in what you are saying, or are trying to say, when you are teaching or telling others, ok.

We all (most of us) do our best with the fight and struggle against sin, but there are a lot of differences between us/with us, and we are not all made equal, or equally the same either, so just try and remember that, ok, because the real truth is, we don't ever know (any of us) if we're ever are really sinning 100% intentionally or unintentionally or not, and that is just the real truth of the matter, so please just try and remember that for future reference, ok...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Woke culture may now become the targets of an equally ungodly Christian nationalism in the USA. It is not too late to reverse these trends and restore peace and order.
It’ll take a crack down that I don’t think America has the stomach for.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That does not answer the question I asked you. When is sexual immorality going to cause the downfall of society?
No one knows exactly when, but we just know that is close when all of these kinds of sins gets worse, etc...

Why that is, and why other kinds of sins are always getting worse right along with them, and I do mean "right along with them", etc, (chicken and the egg as to which causes what first, or is a result of what first, etc), very few know I think, but I have a few theories, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No one knows exactly when, but we just know that is close when all of these kinds of sins gets worse, etc...
So it hasn’t happened and you have no way to predict when it might happen?

That sounds like the typical Christian doomsday scenario that never happens.

Upvote 0