4th Century St.Augustine Exposes Ape-To-Man Hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for admitting that your evolutionist views cannot be supported in Scripture. God bless you
I never said they could be. Scripture and evolution have nothing to do with one another. In fact, I think the whole idea that the alleged prescience of scripture "proves the Bible" is a grotesque misuse of God's inspired word.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The law of biogenesis teaches that life comes from life...not non-life. Therefore it logically follows that the Singularity of life came only from Eternal Life! Now if one is a believer in biological evolution then you believe that life evolved from non-life. Pasteur demonstrated that biological evolution is impossible.

This is just a bunch of gobbly-gook nonsense that once again reinforces how little creationists understand biology.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
And our more recent editions of English dictionaries are watered down to prevent causing an outcry from atheists who just learned that DR.Louis Pasteur thoroughly discredited biological evolution.

You seem to be living in a really strange world.

I mean, do you really believe this? Really?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I've noticed creationists will often invoke some pretty goofy conspiracies about atheists trying to control everything. I suppose claiming a conspiracy about the dictionary industry is par for the course. ^_^

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Absolutely. I have read lots of older dictionaries that spell it out for better. But I've also been following that radical changes in Dictionaries like Webster's, that used to be the most trust, but now is being watered down.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟917,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Absolutely. I have read lots of older dictionaries that spell it out for better. But I've also been following that radical changes in Dictionaries like Webster's, that used to be the most trust, but now is being watered down.
That's ludicrous.

One, word usage changes over time.
Two, words have more specific technical definitions in context.
Three, even if Pasture had disproved abiogenesis (and he didn't), that would mean nothing for the theory of evolution.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Does it really matter when evolution as we know it today has never been proven to begin with? :)
No, that's not enough; it has to be an existential threat to Christianity. What better than to "discover" its roots in paganism?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shemjaza

Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟917,196.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Does it really matter when evolution as we know it today has never been proven to begin with? :)
It can't ever be demonstrated to your standards:
"Conclusions from evidence can only be valid if they feel right and give Kenny'sID a good feeling in their gut."

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Did that have anything to do with my claim??
That it doesn't matter if evolution can be traced to pagan roots because it hasn't been proven? I thought I answered that. If anything, the pagan roots are more important to styling evolution as an existential threat to Christianity than mere "proof."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That it doesn't matter if evolution can be traced to pagan roots because it hasn't been proven? I thought I answered that. If anything, the pagan roots are more important to styling evolution as an existential threat to Christianity than mere "proof."

My point was, it doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

So, your theory is that dictionary definitions have been deliberately watered down in an attempt to placate atheists, a minority group with very little, if any, political power in the Western world in general, and the United States in particular?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He did include a winky emoji. Maybe he's self-satirizing at this point?

Nah. He still just cannot comprehend what not being proven means, why science doesn't prove things, how future potential falsification plays a role in not being proven, etc. In his mind all he can understand is:
proven = true
not proven = false
Anything more sophisticated than that appears to be beyond him.

Always will when it comes to the unproven,

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
FYI: Prehistoric people are Their (Trinity) kind and Humans are His (Jesus) kind.
Are you still banging on with this pathetic assertion? The dishonesty of some people really knows no bounds - and the truly sad thing is that those people call themselves Christian. For a group of people who claim to value truth and honesty you are the biggest hypocrites going. It's no wonder other Christians call you embarrassing!

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, your theory is that dictionary definitions have been deliberately watered down in an attempt to placate atheists, a minority group with very little, if any, political power in the Western world in general, and the United States in particular?
How long have you been following and reading dictionaries? I've been doing it for decades, so I think I would notice those changes slowly being made since Obama took office. But since you want to carry out a long drawn out conversation on this in attempts to side-step the fact that 9 out of 10 dictionaries say evolution never happened, I will place you on the ignore list for being disingenuous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.