Not open for further replies.

Petronius

May 10, 2005
✟15,842.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In 1971 the underground ruins of a Church dating from 2nd half of 4th c. were discovered in Niculitel, a village in S-E of Romania (where they make a very good wine).
The most important thing was that it roofed the remnants of 1st half of 4th c. martyrs (Diocletian/Licinius actions against christians). In crypt yhere were discoverd inscriptions mentioning there were martyrs and their names Zotic, Atal, Camasiu and Phillip (with Greek letters), see picture below.
ortho010.JPG

Parts of remnants are preserved in the local church
ortho013.JPG

(see the coffins to the left, above, and below)​
ortho014.JPG

Look at the picture below, showing a monk praying at the entrance of the crypt wre the remnants were found:
ortho011.JPG

You will see light rays directed to the entrance. This was taken with a classical, film camera and the rays appeared after development of the film and picture.
The miracle is that there is no window in the roof or any other source of light on the direction of rays.​

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Petronius said:
In 1971 the underground ruins of a Church dating from 2nd half of 4th c. were discovered in Niculitel, a village in S-E of Romania (where they make a very good wine).
The most important thing was that it roofed the remnants of 1st half of 4th c. martyrs (Diocletian/Licinius actions against christians). In crypt yhere were discoverd inscriptions mentioning there were martyrs and their names Zotic, Atal, Camasiu and Phillip (with Greek letters), see picture below.
ortho010.JPG

Parts of remnants are preserved in the local church
ortho013.JPG

(see the coffins to the left, above, and below)​
ortho014.JPG

Look at the picture below, showing a monk praying at the entrance of the crypt wre the remnants were found:
ortho011.JPG

You will see light rays directed to the entrance. This was taken with a classical, film camera and the rays appeared after development of the film and picture.
The miracle is that there is no window in the roof or any other source of light on the direction of rays.​

I am not doubting what you are saying, but that is truly amazing! Have other people attempted to do this same thing? If so and it has happened, then it truly is miraculous! Are these Martyrs recognized by the Church as saints?

Upvote 0

Petronius

May 10, 2005
✟15,842.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Michael the Iconographer said:
I am not doubting what you are saying, but that is truly amazing! Have other people attempted to do this same thing? If so and it has happened, then it truly is miraculous! Are these Martyrs recognized by the Church as saints?

Yes, they are recognized by Saints in the Romanian Orthodox Calender and celebrated on June 4th, the same day when the picture was taken. They were mentioned on 4th of June by the Syrian Martyrology.
As a German speaker and other who understand German, you can have more info and specially pictures on Orthodoxy of the area at http://www.karpatenwilli.com/images/dia29.htm

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Petronius said:
As a German speaker and other who understand German, you can have more info and specially pictures on Orthodoxy of the area at http://www.karpatenwilli.com/images/dia29.htm

Thank you, that site is awesome. I only got to glance at it, but will take a much more thorough look at it later.

Upvote 0

Petronius

May 10, 2005
✟15,842.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Montalban said:
I'd like to know if this was a one-off - which would mean more likely a camera/film fault

I do not know, but if it were only a camera/film fault is it not amazing that this fault manifested only when this picture was taken? More, it was such located on film or in the optical system of the camera, the athor put the film in the camera in such a way, centered the picture in such a way that all combined creates this amzing rays shining exactly over the reading into the crypt entrance....

This can be not taken as a miracle, but only like a sign ? I am not tough at such interpretations, but this amazing picture is warming me....

Who created such coincidences ? We people prepare sophisticated things, prepare months and months and when we execute it, it take 1 small mm or less and all is spoiled, but here, we did not know about any fault of camera or film, did not take any measurements, but then all is matched perfectly....

Miracles and/or signs do not happen repeatedly.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.