Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people believe that endorsements aren't of any value but to a thoughtful voter, they should be. Not that the voter should automatically agree with an endorsement but the voter should consider who the endorsement is from and consider why they are endorsing the candidate. So I'm speaking of myself as a thoughtful voter, what I should do and maybe you should too.
The full letter is at the link.

September 24, 2020

To Our Fellow Citizens:

We are former public servants who have devoted our careers, and in many cases risked our lives, for the United States. We are generals, admirals, senior noncommissioned officers, ambassadors, and senior civilian national security leaders. We are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. We love our country. Unfortunately, we also fear for it. The COVID-19 pandemic has proven America needs principled, wise, and responsible leadership. America needs a President who understands, as President Harry S. Truman said, that “the buck stops here.”

We the undersigned endorse Joe Biden to be the next President of the United States. He is the leader our nation needs.

He is knowledgeable, but he also knows that listening to diverse and dissenting views is essential, particularly when making tough decisions concerning our national security. Many of us have briefed Joe Biden on matters of national security, and we know he demands a thorough understanding of any issue before making a decision – as any American president should.

https://www.nationalsecurityleaders4biden.com/

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Some people believe that endorsements aren't of any value but to a thoughtful voter, they should be. Not that the voter should automatically agree with an endorsement but the voter should consider who the endorsement is from and consider why they are endorsing the candidate. So I'm speaking of myself as a thoughtful voter, what I should do and maybe you should too.

September 24, 2020

To Our Fellow Citizens:

We are former public servants who have devoted our careers, and in many cases risked our lives, for the United States. We are generals, admirals, senior noncommissioned officers, ambassadors, and senior civilian national security leaders. We are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. We love our country. Unfortunately, we also fear for it. The COVID-19 pandemic has proven America needs principled, wise, and responsible leadership. America needs a President who understands, as President Harry S. Truman said, that “the buck stops here.”

We the undersigned endorse Joe Biden to be the next President of the United States. He is the leader our nation needs.

He is knowledgeable, but he also knows that listening to diverse and dissenting views is essential, particularly when making tough decisions concerning our national security. Many of us have briefed Joe Biden on matters of national security, and we know he demands a thorough understanding of any issue before making a decision – as any American president should.

What endorsements would make you change your vote for Trump?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm an unaffiliated voter.
I'm voting for Biden. There are many endorsements that caused me to be more comfortable voting for him. Most of those endorsements came from Republicans although I have always liked Biden and didn't have anything against him.
I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016. In 2018, I voted straight Republican for US Representative and in my state government including the governor.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm an unaffiliated voter.
I'm voting for Biden. There are many endorsements that caused me to be more comfortable voting for him. Most of those endorsements came from Republicans although I have always liked Biden and didn't have anything against him.
I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016. In 2018, I voted straight Republican for US Representative and in my state government including the governor.
That didn’t answer the question.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is doubtful that any "endorsements" would be forthcoming from people who have already voiced their discontent - extreme discontent, with trump. Perhaps to answer the question posed it would require people such as William Cohen, Chuck Hagel, McRaven, Mattis, McGirk, Bruce Bartlett, Charlie Dent, Michael Steele, George Will, Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson, Charlie Sykes, and myriad others to "change" their minds for even to give some pause.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

September 24, 2020

To Our Fellow Citizens:

He is knowledgeable, but he also knows that listening to diverse and dissenting views is essential, particularly when making tough decisions concerning our national security. Many of us have briefed Joe Biden on matters of national security, and we know he demands a thorough understanding of any issue before making a decision – as any American president should....

The input from so many people familiar with Trump's work is quite telling.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The input from so many people familiar with Trump's work is quite telling.
Yes, but it's more important to me that they are familiar with Biden's work and character. I don't know him but they do, many of them personally and have personally worked with him. They are American patriots and there's nothing in it for them to endorse Biden especially not for the Republicans.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If these people came out and endorsed trump, it might convince people to change their minds about him:

Jessica Leeds
Kristen Anderson
Jill Harth
Lisa Boyne
Mariah Billado
Victoria Hughes
E. Jean Carroll
Temple Taggart
Cathy Heller
Amy Dorris
Karena Virginia
Karen Johnson
Tisha Dixon
Bridget Sullivan
Melinda McGillivray
Natasha Stoynoff
Jennifer Murphy
Juliet Huddy
Rachel Crooks
Samantha Holvey
Ninni Laaksonen
Jessica Drake
Summer Zervos
Cassandra Searles
Alva Johnson
Stormy Daniels

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, lookie, a list of [alleged] Hatch Act violators for handy reference!
CBF9685B-67EF-4139-A92C-620DDF419CC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I know enough about Trump that a surprise endorsement would have me questioning the endorsees sanity.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I know enough about Trump that a surprise endorsement would have me questioning the endorsees sanity.
Kinda the point. As far as I can tell, endorsements are nothing more than confirmation bias.

• Agree
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What a surprise that Republican members of Congress are endorsing Trump.

This just in: Melania Trump is rumored to be considering endorsing Republican nominee Donald J. Trump for President.
I think you missed the point.

Upvote 0