Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess Roe v Wade was never overturned because it never actually happened, hmmm?
Exactly we are now dealing with things the way they should have been handled if Roe v Wade had never happened. Wow what a concept, imagine letting the people of each state decide what they want the law to be, seems that democracy in action is truly scary to some liberals.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,241.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly we are now dealing with things the way they should have been handled if Roe v Wade had never happened. Wow what a concept, imagine letting the people of each state decide what they want the law to be, seems that democracy in action is truly scary to some liberals.

I'm a big fan of...what was it?...democracy? But sometimes it takes a long time to reach a point where the majority of the people accept what's best for society. I'm sure you've seen the way the world has been heading over the last few decades.

Seems the majority have no problem with SSM and homosexuality in general. And abortion. And matters such as universal health care. Maybe if you checked the trends then you'd realise that. And I presume you'd welcome those decisions in so many countries. America with SSM, Ireland with abortion, almost everyone in regard to universal health care. Decisions cast by the majority in each country.

It's a great system. I'm really glad that you are as big a fan of it as I am.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Under the Law brought by Moses killing may have been justified. Since Jesus came grace has been granted to humanity. Now you don't undestand that and I don't expeect you to understand.
It was God who gave that law. And God is Jesus. So in those days Jesus mandated that a certain type of person be killed for no other reason than behaving in a way Jesus deemed wrong.

Jesus may have changed his mind when he came to Earth but you can’t ignore the past just because it does not fit with your preconceived notion of who YOU want God to be.

YOU don’t get to define God. God does: by his own word i.e. the Bible.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Because the teaching of the NT does NOT say Homosexuals SHOULD BE KILLED. It says this.
But in the time of the OT God tells people to kill the gays. He may have changed his mind about telling people to go out to murder them but that does not alter the fact that God’s character includes a desire to have gay people specifically killed for doing gay stuff.

Now, unless Jesus (who is God) has a different character to God (who is Jesus) my point to the previous poster stands.

Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just repeating what God said. If you don’t agree with killing the gays in the OT times then God changing his mind take it up with him.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They are filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and vice; stuffed with jealousy, murder, quarrelling, dishonesty and ill-will; they are gossips,slanderers, haters of God; they are insolent, arrogant and boastful; they plan evil schemes; they disobey their parents;they are brainless, faithless, heartless and ruthless.
That’s pretty prejudiced. Being gay does not mean one automatically has all those negative traits.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Or perhaps you despise the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience; because you don’t realize that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to turn from your sins.But by your stubbornness, by your unrepentant heart, you are storing up anger for yourself on the Day of Anger,
Or perhaps not. That’s a lot of assuming (and cutting and pasting).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Your first reference talks about violence and there are. Never of quotes that talk about the violence within the community itself. We already know that. There is a lot of domestic violence and partner violence within the community.

How much of the crime is perpetrated by other LGBTQ people? It doesn't say for some of the other crimes.

We do know that when they can prove bias in the crime that LGBTQ people have a higher rate than single bias crimes than other single bias crimes. More than race or religion.

But they can't show that things like theft or robbery are significantly higher strictly due to LGBTQ bias.

And they are accepted in most places by the majority of people except in most Muslim populations or in nations that were once part of the Soviet Union.

The US has a 72% acceptance.

The Global Divide on Homosexuality Persists

There is a war within themselves that is taking place. They way they know things should be and the way things they feel. Anyone that behaves is such a fashion that is out of the norm has to wrestle with those things.

Your gay bashing isn't acceptance either. It's just more prejudice

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They are driven to self loathing because they are at war within themselves.
Rubbish. It because of the message you and others with your beliefs sends them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You seem to think that giving a verse of Scripture and stating a conclusion is all there is to opening Scripture. All I did what to state what you seem to mean when you use the words "sola scriptura". There are literally thousands of posts on this board discussing that subject. I doubt very much that all of us would accept your definition and usage of the term. What do you mean by it.

This is critical since you seem that saying those magic words ends all discussion.
===================

To start, you might state what it is you are trying to "prove" through Scripture.
Then, you might state the verse (and related ones) and how they prove your point.
============
Do you really think that Scripture teaches us that the state should be required to accept a Christian definition of marriage and not allow any other marriage in their jurisdiction? This might happen in a theocracy like Iran.

Does it matter that many Christians accept same sex marriage. Many, many others reject homosexuality and homosexual marriage, yet they believe that the state should allow two of the same sex to marry. After all, not all Christians accept the idea of the state enforcing Christian morality.

Should the state make adultery illegal? What about the birth control pill? The Catholic Church is against both, but does NOT support the state having such laws.
I didn’t give a verse. I gave a passage. If you think I used it incorrectly, we can discuss it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
its sad that you would soil scripture just to avoid owning your vile little claim
How did I soil it? If I used it incorrectly, please explain your understanding of the passage.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's also the message Jews believe they received from God about pork and shellfish. But Jews aren't seeking any legal restrictions on these abominations in America.
I’m not talking about Israel under the old covenant.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So the laws against murder were satanical until they became biblical? How odd...
No, that’s given by God from the beginning.

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
— Romans 2:14-15

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If the individual states are proper custodians of our rights then why did we ever incorporate the bill of rights protections to the states?

Surely youre in favor if dis-incorporating freedom of religion and the right to bear arms, if you really respect the principle youre promoting here. Imagine letting the people of each state decide how much freedom of religion they want.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then why not leave them alone?
I had been until they started demanding that I accept their sin as normal.
It is beyond normal. It is an abomination. The very thought of this and any sin should be repugnant to those whom are the Lords. To not speak out against sin is to condone it. The end result is that creeps in the church and even becomes acceptable there.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0