41 whoppers about Ellen White

David Conklin

Aug 6, 2009
✟8,098.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem very confused David, maybe all that EGW study thing has done more harm to you than good, maybe you should stop it and try something else...
I'm not the one who is confused. The study has allowed me to catch on very quickly when I am dealing with the enemy of mankind, the father of all lies and his supporters.

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I would just add here that it does not follow that someone is a supporter of "the father of all lies," just because they don't go for all of the Ellen White mantra that some Adventists bandy about so out of context.

For eg, the Great Controversy, in proper context could be explained much differently to people, in a much better, much more practical context.

A number of years ago, a young woman dying of cancer showed this principle to me very clearly. Now this lady made some bad choices in her lifestyle, I think, that likely caused the cancer which killed her. And even though it has been years since this happened, my ears are still stinging from some of the ones who condemned her over this.

I went to see her in The Tom Baker Cancer Center one day, and at the time; I had no idea she would be gone the next day, but I really wanted to see her about something, so I just went this one day, and I am glad I did.

When I walked into the room; she looked bad...very white, diaphoretic, labored breathing, and she appeared to be wincing/squirming because of pain. I had done some nursing in my past, so I helped her get her oxygen on correctly, and this seemed to help a bit.

I asked her how she was doing, and after a very long silence, she looked up at me from the bed, and tried to smile. She couldn't very well though, I could see she was having a lot of trouble. So I took her hand, and looked her in the eye, and just started bawling. I said through those tears how that I really appreciated her efforts in/for the church, and how she had always been such a blessing to me. Then I just hugged her and said haltingly: "I am really going to miss you."

She looked up at me with what I saw as very understanding eyes, and this time, she not only smiled, but started to tell me something in a very soft whisper:

"Please, get me that shoe box from my bedside table". As I handed it to her, she started to say: "This my my promise box. Since I have been in here; people have been coming in and saying different promises and inspirational things, and sometimes it would be in cards, so I have been jotting them all down on little scraps of paper. They are all very special to me; and I look through them everyday. But there is one, really special one, that is my favorite, and I really want to share it with you now:

WE SHOULD ACQUAINT OURSELVES NOW WITH GOD BY PROVING HIS PROMISES (GC pg 622)"

This phrase hit me like a hammer, and I never forgot it. It totally changed my outlook on that book,and i would never be ashamed to share it because of this dear friend with cancer who showed me the correct way to use Ellen White's writings. I think it is permanently etched into my brain. It was a real encouragement to me the next day when I got the news that she had died. When I see real life cases like this where the spirit of prophecy leads people to Christ, and His promises, and to His Word, thats the kind of context I can see my way clear to share with others. All this right and wrong stuff is not real life, and it creates winners and losers. Ellen White would never approve of her writings being used like that.

Please remember this story, and that phrase I just quoted from GC pg 622 the next time you talk to others about Ellen White. That's how she would have wanted it. :)

Attachments

• 3A - Angels - Black.png
    3A - Angels - Black.png
    27 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
>the Ellen White mantra that some Adventists bandy about so out of context.

Got proof that I do that? I've been an SDA for over 45 years and have never heard anyone do anything like that--there are those who deliberately twist and distort her, but those I cross off and ignore.
You are supplying all the proof needed brother.:)

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
>the Ellen White mantra that some Adventists bandy about so out of context.

Got proof that I do that? I've been an SDA for over 45 years and have never heard anyone do anything like that--there are those who deliberately twist and distort her, but those I cross off and ignore.
How long you have been an Adventist has nothing to do with anything in this thread, and does not qualify you for a certain amount of "knowledge" as in comparison to others.

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
How I long for the day when all the "real Adventists" will start to explain and testify to Ellen White's ministry with the following criteria in mind:
There is one great central truth to be kept ever before the mind in the searching of the Scriptures--Christ and Him crucified. Every other truth is invested with influence and power corresponding to its relation to this theme. . . .{FLB 50.2}
Ellen White never intended for her writings to be "defended" like this. After having read this whole topic more than once; I still have no idea what you said, and have seen nothing of Christ in this at all. Can you show us which post of your's points us to "Christ and Him crucified?"

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My Dear Friend Castaway57:

That story you just told was touching and true. I truly was surprise that you realize that you can present the truth of EGW writings within context that do not disqualify her writings! What you've learn from that young lady touch my heart truly it did and may YAHSHUA continue sharing wonderful stories like that.

I know this little tidbit is going to upset you again with me but I must share it with. You stated or imply that EGW is the "spirit of prophecy leads people to Christ," that is not what the Bible say who the Spirit of Prophecy is read below:

And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the Testimony of YAHSHUA: worship ELOHIM: for the Testimony of YAHSHUA is the Spirit of Prophecy. Rev 19:10

So if we teach the Testimony of YAHSHUA we teach the Spirit of Prophecy which by the way is HIS Word.

Just food for thought please don't be angry so others can see discuss thing with love and kindness. It is bad when we try to tear each other a part.

Blessings on you and President Obama,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
My Dear Friend Castaway57:
I know this little tidbit is going to upset you again with me but I must share it with. You stated or imply that EGW is the "spirit of prophecy leads people to Christ," that is not what the Bible say who the Spirit of Prophecy is read below:
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the Testimony of YAHSHUA: worship ELOHIM: for the Testimony of YAHSHUA is the Spirit of Prophecy. Rev 19:10

So if we teach the Testimony of YAHSHUA we teach the Spirit of Prophecy which by the way is HIS Word.

Just food for thought please don't be angry so others can see discuss thing with love and kindness. It is bad when we try to tear each other a part.

stinsonmarri
You are straining at gnats once again. If the spirit of prophecy leads to God's word, then that would lead to Christ. You should learn to leave people alone and stick to the subject of each thread. You said you were "sharing" this with me; I call it something else.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are straining at gnats once again. If the spirit of prophecy leads to God's word, then that would lead to Christ. You should learn to leave people alone and stick to the subject of each thread. You said you were "sharing" this with me; I call it something else.

Castaway57

What gnats but only in your mind. You are correct that the Spirit of Prophecy leads to ELOHIM'S Word. So I should leave you alone when I have done nothing to you but brought out points. What is wrong with you? Why are you so full of hatred and can't take a little critic. You took it upon yourself to state that I was wrong and I was I should not have spoke on the behalf of others. Only should I have spoke on my thoughs and feelings. How come you have the problem that you cannot do the same thing? There is an old saying here in the south a "hit dog will holler." It appears that you are use of saying what you want and it is alright. But don't let someone else stand up and say no this is not right. You begin to holler and I am not calling you a dog either. What I am saying is that you have a problem. I kept to the thread but many times on these discussions I have seen so many wander off from the original thought as you have also. You know on another forum you made the statement about some provide Bible verses to prove their point and so on. I knew it was me you were referring to so be it. I provide the Bible as the rule of faith and I will continue to do so. If you feel that I am wrong show me in the Bible and prove to me my error my friend I am not asham to say I am wrong. I do not think that I know everything and what I have learned even the Sacred Names came by others. I just begin to investigate as EGW by the way said and most of all the Bible. You have questioned my faith, my practice as a Seventh Day Adventist. Why? Because I do not agree with certain doctrines that are taught. I will not allow anyone to keep me from studying for myself if choose not to so be it. Nothing that I have written here have I not presented to GC. I am not asham of what I have stated even my Conference knows where I stand. But like you they cannot find any Scriptures to say that I am wrong so they dismiss it. Let me say this as well they came to my church to bring SDA Commentary stuff that I have as well to dispute the Feast Days but it did not work. There is nothing the 27 Beliefs that says I must take YASHUA'S Supper quarterly it does not even give a text. Why they do it at that time is base on the word "oft." They also did not want to be like the Catholic church who do it daily all the time. I know how "oft" it should be done once a year according to the Bible. EGW never spoke against the Feast Days, did she understand them fully no she did not. Many things she said would be learned in the last days. So if she and most of all the Bible said this how come you are so aggrevious that I follow what is stated?
Casteway, have I said at anything that you have to believe what I say? No I have not but I will continue to speak out against the ills of the church as Marin Luther spoked during his day. The Bible says to study to show youself approval and that is what I am going to do. I choose to honor the Sacred Names because HOLY and REVERENCE are THEIR NAMES. If you choose not to fine with me becaue I done what is right presented it and not forced it. I have every right to present the truth as you do. Over and over many come on this forum especially those who are Catholic because it is own by them to try and put us down. Yes we have made it bad by our own bigot ways that only through our church all must be save. Boasting that we are the remnant when their are others who are observing the Commandment beside this Church. The Testimony of YASHUA was giving to this church, the IJ, the Sanctuary but we stopped studying and we think we have everything for salvation. We do not! How many who claim they love EGW so much do they believe in the 144,000 exactly like she saw it? Why did EGW and Uriah Smith fall out? What is the 1888 Message that she said was correct but the church dismiss it? Why did they send her to Australia? Have you read Testimony to the Ministers and Gospel Workers? She spoke against the ministers and leaders in that book. I could go on and on but I'll stop now.

Blessing on you always and also President Obama,
stinsonmarri:pray:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I guess you either did not go to hebrew4christians.com or you didn't read my last post to you--You need to educate yourself on the names of God and Jesus as you are not understanding them--but then, you can choose to ignore the info.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Castaway57

What is wrong with you? Why are you so full of hatred and can't take a little critic. You took it upon yourself to state that I was wrong and I was I should not have spoke on the behalf of others.

I will continue to speak out against the ills of the church as Marin Luther spoked during his day.
Most people who appoint themselves to do this are way off base, and one of the first giveaways is when they accuse those who object to what they are doing with the types of things you just said here. Think about it. If you really have the truth that none of us are smart enough to see, why would you have to even bother saying this about me. Your constant tirade against the church may be your "right;" but it is all wrong, and does not contain correct facts to prove it. I pointed out above where you change wording in "quotes;" as well as other errors in other posts, and all you can muster up is that I am "full of hatred?" As I said; if you try to speak for others with out asking them, or if you say something is, or is not Adventist when it is, or is not, then you can bet I and others will have something to say.Choosing to call it "hatred" is your right, but there are some rights we do not need to exercise. :)

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Most people who appoint themselves to do this are way off base, and one of the first giveaways is when they accuse those who object to what they are doing with the types of things you just said here. Think about it. If you really have the truth that none of us are smart enough to see, why would you have to even bother saying this about me. Your constant tirade against the church may be your "right;" but it is all wrong, and does not contain correct facts to prove it. I pointed out above where you change wording in "quotes;" as well as other errors in other posts, and all you can muster up is that I am "full of hatred?" As I said; if you try to speak for others with out asking them, or if you say something is, or is not Adventist when it is, or is not, then you can bet I and others will have something to say.Choosing to call it "hatred" is your right, but there are some rights we do not need to exercise. :)

This is where you are wrong. I have never object to anything you disagree with me on. What I object to is you attitude and your demand how and what I should say that does not please you. You and I are not on this forum alone and it is to discuss and comment on subject matters pro and cons. You want all to believe that your pros are to be adhere to and to refer to my messages as evil and angry cons that disruptive. They be disruptive if they are bothersome to the carnal mind. You do not have to agree with what I present that is fine. However, you cannot in fair thought present to me as I to you Scriptures. Instead you, I hate to say, act cowardly by making excuses that some people can present some Scriptures to prove points falsely. If you can show me not tell me that I am wrong I would be happy to listen or to disagree pleasantly and with Scriptures. What does smart enough to see have to with someone learning something from someone else? Here is bigotry at it fullness. SDA feels that they can witness to others about mainly the Sabbath but they cannot allow someone to show them they have made mistakes in their understanding on certain subjects?

Your constant tirade against the church may be your "right;" but it is all wrong, and does not contain correct facts to prove it. I pointed out above where you change wording in "quotes;" as well as other errors in other posts, and all you can muster up is that I am "full of hatred?"

Let's everyone know what tirade mean shall we? It means that I have a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation against the Church. That is false I have concerns about doctrines and teachings that are not Biblical and you don't? What I did was switched the pagan title god to the actual Hebrew title and surname ELOHIM is that false no it is not. I feel that YAHWEH ELOHIM wanted HIS NAME to be in other languages HE would have done it back in time. All ancient nations call HIM by HIS HEBREW NAME as it is in the Bible originally. All you have to do is check out the source. I know you won't because you are afraid to know that it is there. Your pride won't let you because your heart and mind is not to uplift but to tear down. I have never changed any quote that is plagiarism and is against the law. Show one post of EGW that I changed her quotes. I choose to use the Hebrews Names for the THREE SUPREME BEINGS. I also prefer to honor THEM by capitalized THEIR NAMES and TITLES. I have not change a thing but once again in your puff up mind because you can't show me in an intelligent and humble way with Scriptures that I am wrong. When people can't prove their point they insult, sulk, tell falsehoods and try to belittle the person. You will not with me because I love you and I will still stand on the Word of YAHWEH.

As I said; if you try to speak for others without asking them, or if you say something is, or is not Adventist when it is, or is not, then you can bet I and others will have something to say. Choosing to call it "hatred" is your right, but there are some rights we do not need to exercise.

Again you are not telling the truth. When you told me what I did I apologize. But you continue to tell me that I am not a part of the SDA Church because I do not agree with certain doctrines or traditions that are not Bible base. You are loyal to man while I am loyal to ELOHIM and that's alright everyone have to make their own choice. But do not try to make yourself as the poor innocent person because you came on the attack first against me. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Simply, because I disagree with the church boldly providing my reason with Scriptures. EGW still stated she was not a prophetess but a messenger-fact. This is the subject of the matter and she is not the Spirit of Prophecy another fact.[/FONT]​

Blessings on you and President Obama
stinsonmarri

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
As long as you continue to go to only sites that think as you do, you will keep believing lies and also teach them--there is no W in old Hebrew, that is a modern invention. God has man names--including the ones He called Himself--go to hebrew4christians they have the names--go the the ones who know, not those who have false info that agrees with what you think.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as you continue to go to only sites that think as you do, you will keep believing lies and also teach them--there is no W in old Hebrew, that is a modern invention. God has man names--including the ones He called Himself--go to hebrew4christians they have the names--go the the ones who know, not those who have false info that agrees with what you think.

Let's see they are inspire right? Sad that two people that have hatred on their minds. Not a word from the Bible but hebrew4christians as they are the authority on all sources. I want to say something real nasty and believe me I could. But the HOLY SPIRIT said not to stoop to you all level. What I will say I will continue in my presentation because I will not be move from telling the Word of YAHWEH.

Blessing on you and the President,

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Let's see they are inspire right? Sad that two people that have hatred on their minds. Not a word from the Bible but hebrew4christians as they are the authority on all sources. I want to say something real nasty and believe me I could. But the HOLY SPIRIT said not to stoop to you all level. What I will say I will continue in my presentation because I will not be move from telling the Word of YAHWEH.

Blessing on you and the President,

There you go again with this hate thing--like you, I just hate seeing untruth spoken of as truth. Not a word from the bible??---we are discussing His name in Hebrew, I am going to the source of the old Hebrew knowledge of the language that the bible was wriiten in. Why do you call that hatred? And it's not just that one link, if you google "Hebrew names for God" you will have many, many sites to choose from that all say the same thing--no W in old Hebrew--V-
So I suggest you study God's names more deeply, from those who can read old Hebrew. So, as you, I will continue to post where truth can be found, whenever I see that untruth is being posted. We are not dicussing philosophical ideas--we are discussing the language of the Hebrew in which the Bible was written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums