✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An Archaeological Moment in Time: 4004 B.C. (10:58) • videosift.com

Great video by resident creationist debunker Aron-ra. Make sure to stick around until the end.
From the biased start of this video, it comes out of the gate as a complete story, no attempt even made to discuss the fraudulent basis for the so called dates, or anything else. The only point is to try to sound like spouting godless, insulting rubbish had some validity.

Noo wonder the guy could never debate me, I would call him out as fast as you can say 'ra ra, for empty blah blah'

Who says the kergens lived then??? Exactly? And on what presise basis is the date based? Ha. What a wasted, worthless crock.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
From the biased start of this video, it comes out of the gate as a complete story, no attempt even made to discuss the fraudulent basis for the so called dates, or anything else. The only point is to try to sound like spouting godless, insulting rubbish had some validity.

Noo wonder the guy could never debate me, I would call him out as fast as you can say 'ra ra, for empty blah blah'

Who says the kergens lived then??? Exactly? And on what presise basis is the date based? Ha. What a wasted, worthless crock.

You are probably right that he would not debate you, but not at all for the reasons that you think.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are probably right that he would not debate you, but not at all for the reasons that you think.
I couldn't care less why, and hope not, I like debate that can get it's head out of the sandbox. And people without religious bias for what they claim are facts or science! Anyhow, the important thing is that the dates in the propaganda piece are rattled off without basis, and are a story.

'..if the same state usually accepted dates were true..wouldn't the bible, and it's dates be silly..blather yap, blah..'

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't care less why, and hope not, I like debate that can get it's head out of the sandbox. And people without religious bias for what they claim are facts or science! Anyhow, the important thing is that the dates in the propaganda piece are rattled off without basis, and are a story.

'..if the same state usually accepted dates were true..wouldn't the bible, and it's dates be silly..blather yap, blah..'

"wouldn't the bible, and it's dates be silly" yup!

I think you may have a glimmer of understanding of the position you are in with your bible and your fables and your weird dates.

The way you reveal it is your constant accusing of others of doing what you do, calling science a "fable".... all your adjectives are talking from somewhere inside where you know you are talking about yourself. its kinda funny really. I love this line "And people without religious bias for what they claim are facts or science!" You must have been looking in the mirror when you wrote that!

At the U here, we get people who do things like posting a challenge for some 'professor of evolution" to come out and publicly debate them. Then they declare victory when they are ignored.

I wonder if you can guess why it is that no professor cares to debate them. What is your theory? When you figure it out, it will be the same as why nobody cares to debate a chihuahua.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"wouldn't the bible, and it's dates be silly" yup!

I think you may have a glimmer of understanding of the position you are in with your bible and your fables and your weird dates.

The way you reveal it is your constant accusing of others of doing what you do, calling science a "fable".... all your adjectives are talking from somewhere inside where you know you are talking about yourself. its kinda funny really. I love this line "And people without religious bias for what they claim are facts or science!" You must have been looking in the mirror when you wrote that!

At the U here, we get people who do things like posting a challenge for some 'professor of evolution" to come out and publicly debate them. Then they declare victory when they are ignored.

I wonder if you can guess why it is that no professor cares to debate them. What is your theory? its the same as why nobody would debate you under such circumstances.
A professor of evolution is about as much of a challenge to debate as a Chiwauwa. I have zero need to eat them for breakfast. I have no religious bias for science! It is what it is! Science is a physical knowledge and study of how things work! The applying of that, beyond any rational, or godly boundaries is religion! And very bad religion, when it challenges God's truth. That is why I like to shoot it in the head, cut it down to size, put it in it's place, and expose the bits that are purest of fables. Can't blame a guy for that. It can be fun.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
A professor of evolution is about as much of a challenge to debate as a Chiwauwa. I have zero need to eat them for breakfast. I have no religious bias for science! It is what it is! Science is a physical knowledge and study of how things work! The applying of that, beyond any rational, or godly boundaries is religion! And very bad religion, when it challenges God's truth. That is why I like to shoot it in the head, cut it down to size, put it in it's place, and expose the bits that are purest of fables. Can't blame a guy for that. It can be fun.

That would be chihuahua, and its yappings would be a n apt comparison to the sort of "debate" you could supply.

"I have no religious bias for science!"

You really arent much for self knowledge are you?

I cant quite figure why you find it fun to think you are capable of "cutting it down to size"....you are like a kid imagining that the chalkboard covered with strange markings at a math convention is all nonsense, and you can prove it is not math...easy! there are no numbers! Wow did I cut THEM professors down to size! And look they wont debate me! Proves I am right.

ps there is no such thing as a "professor of evolution". So I guess you are right that you could eat one for breakfast.... in your imagination, where the "professor of evolution" is also found.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Right, you have no religious bias, you just say the words same state past over and over like a mantra, because science stepped on the toes of your literal interpretation of the main text associated with your faith?

Riiiiight. Believe what you like, dad, but don't think this act will fool anyone.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right, you have no religious bias, you just say the words same state past over and over like a mantra, because science stepped on the toes of your literal interpretation of the main text associated with your faith?

Riiiiight. Believe what you like, dad, but don't think this act will fool anyone.
I believe the term is uniformitarianism --- as opposed to catastrophism.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

How intriguing. Are we using the philosophical definition, the religious definition, the geological definition, or what?

(Personally, I was under the impression that we were using dad's definition, but hey ho).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Incorrect. Catastrophism, as opposed to uniformitarianism, does state that major catastrophic events instead of minor gradual changes is responsible for e.g. the geological outlook of our planet. But it does not, in it´s earlier natural theological form nor in the later scientific form suggest that these events were supernatural.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So, let me get this straight. If science says that your fallible interpretation of scripture is wrong, then it automatically becomes religion. Is that correct?

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Incorrect. Catastrophism, as opposed to uniformitarianism, does state that major catastrophic events instead of minor gradual changes is responsible for e.g. the geological outlook of our planet. But it does not, in it´s earlier natural theological form nor in the later scientific form suggest that these events were supernatural.

The term "punctuated equilibrium" gets used in talking about evolution. Something similar, like 'punctuated gradualism" might be the way to talk about uniform / catas.

"Catastrophic" events large and small go on pretty much all the time, somewhere or other.

"lost more off my back 40 'count of that thar gully washer last week than i had in 30 years o' farmin' here"

Then you get some of our more eccentric posters here who think that catastrophism takes in things like the 'hydroplate theory".

For SERIOUS catastrophism I read Velikovsky a few years ago. He seems to have had an advanced case of what someone called "correlation sickness". You can hear others with the disease on Coat to Coast, where they tie the illuminati to the fake moon landing to bigfoot to flying saucers to jack the ripper....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.