Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back in the early 50s I attended a revival in a small suburb of Oklahoma City. The preacher was about 4-5 years old. He could preach. My older brother and I thought one of his parents was a ventriloquist. Fast forward about 20 years and I saw him in a movie about his life "Marjoe." His parents forced him to be a preacher. I recall him saying if he didn't memorize scripture they held his head in the toilet bowl. The used some kind of dye invisible until wet then it would turn red. They would draw a cross on his forehead and when he started sweating the cross would appear. The congregants thought it was a miracle. His name is/was Marjoe [from Mary and Joseph] Gortner
upload_2022-1-18_21-46-45.png

Upvote 0

Joan Lamb

May 5, 2019
Dundurn
✟12,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
More to keep christianity looking like a joke.

Is it not possible the boy is preaching from God?

I found another similar child preacher called Prophet King David Omale:

In the video people are being slayed in the Spirit. Does this not prove the child preacher is from God?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't indicate God's approval. People fell in Scripture such as 2Ch 5:14, Rev 1:17, Eze 44:4, Num 22:3, John 18:5-6.

The enemy can influence children but they can give their hearts to the Lord. Here's a Biblical example.
"And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.

And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose." Mark 9

OR
"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
"Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matt 18:3-4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is it not possible the boy is preaching from God?

I found another similar child preacher called Prophet King David Omale:

In the video people are being slayed in the Spirit. Does this not prove the child preacher is from God?

Really what did he really say but just said Jesus names and God's name a few time among other thing like tongues, red hot revival, etc...

Nothing that really represented a complete thought, just seemed like words strung together.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really what did he really say but just said Jesus names and God's name a few time among other thing like tongues, red hot revival, etc...

Nothing that really represented a complete thought, just seemed like words strung together.

Hello! He seemed to be evoking an enthusiastic response from the congregation. That might not necessarily be a bad thing. The problem might be if all the teaching in the church was of the same ilk, i.e no bible or expository preaching. Enthusiastic but superifical. Would the people grow in their faith, in discipleship?
God Bless :)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello! He seemed to be evoking an enthusiastic response from the congregation. That might not necessarily be a bad thing. The problem might be if all the teaching in the church was of the same ilk, i.e no bible or expository preaching. Enthusiastic but superifical. Would the people grow in their faith, in discipleship?
God Bless :)

Well you may have failed to understand the area he is in. I live about 25 miles from Grenada. So i know the area well, and many people/christians in this area are very emotional type of people. Who do not necessarily seek out expository Biblical teaching, they seek out emotional experiences.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0