up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
At present the world knows Israel as the Jewish State in the Middle East.
Interesting a state that proudly called itself Judah and had serious issues with Israel to the north would write of a time in the future when it would call itself it's opponents name. Perhaps the true Israel has not come yet. Jesus sent the Apostles out to unite all the tribes/nations of the House of Israel, not just the Jews.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The only way one can ascribe th ebulk of Revelation as being written about Nero and His persecution, is if they take the symbols, then symbolize them and twist them to be close but not exact.
I find the biblical metaphors far more convincing than the super-stretching many futurists do in interpreting Revelation. The idea that the giant locusts were actually some sort of soldier in a mech suit amuses me - but is not what John's mix of biblical metaphors is about. He doesn't write so that only people 2000 years later can understand - he writes so his generation can hear and understand and obey his message. How on earth would YOU obey a message about the Reds fighting the Greens on Mars in 2000 years!? Hear and obey! :doh:

John would not have known the extent of the persecutions!
So he can write in intricate detail about some futurist interpretation of conflicts between nation-states that did not even exist in his own time, but can't write in general terms about the broad categories of persecution Rome was about to inflict from his own time? Interesting.

And allegorists hinge much on the word "soon" which is "en" and is a preposition which means by and by more correctly!
I have covered this in a previous post and it most definitely is used as "soon". You need to retract this statement. But here it is again.

REVELATION 1: SOON
How is the word SOON used in the rest of the New Testament?

The NIV renders Revelation 1:1 as:-
"The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place."

The Hendrickson Interlinear bible renders it in the side-bar text:
"A revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show His slaves things which musts occur quickly."

Then, under the word for word greek to english translation, it reads:
"Must occur with speed".

Bible hub has it as ἐν τάχει, en tachei or "in quickness"
Revelation 1:1 Interlinear: A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify it, having sent through his messenger to his servant John,

If you look up tachei it is most definitely about speed of development and is rendered quickly, shortly, short time, soon, quickness, etc.
Greek Concordance: τάχει (tachei) -- 8 Occurrences

Luke 18:8
"I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily."

EG: Acts 12:7
"He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists."

Acts 22:18
"and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’"

Acts 25:4
"4 Festus replied that Paul was being kept at Caesarea and that he himself intended to go there shortly."

Romans 16:20 is interesting, and could lend itself to a less immediate use of the word as instead of 'shortly' or 'soon' it could be the gospel sense of 'swiftly' which some commentators take as 'surely'. It's the one time in the New Testament where it does not literally mean SOON or QUICKLY.
"20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you."

1 Timothy 3:15
"14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that,"

Rev 22:6
6 And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”
This could be the 'soon' of either the imminent Roman persecution or the 'soon' of the 'swift' and sure gospel promise. As verse 6 goes back to the general subject of the book, it's not a conclusive proof of the judgement coming 'soon' and therefore not a conclusive proof that this tachei is frequently used as anything other than the literal meaning of SOON!

Well he may have heard of the destruction of the temple, but the time of the gentiles is still not fulfilled so the destruction of the temple by Titus does not fulfill all bible prophecy.
Sure the temple itself was destroyed, but why aren't the times of the gentiles not fulfilled? Did not the gospel pretty much go out into all the world by the end of Acts? As far as I can tell, there is nothing that remains to be done. Jesus ascended into heaven, the gospel went out into the places described in Acts 1:8 with it ending up at the 'ends of the earth' in Rome - the heartland of the empire that pretty much ruled the known world.

There is nothing left to be done. The Lord could return in 5 seconds - or 50,000 years or so. We just don't know.

also we have no messenger flying throughout the globe warning of the mark, we have no mark, no image coming alive etc.etc.etc.etc. One has to play twister with scripture to get it to conform to an allegorical retranslation!
Sorry - but I'm tired of futurists saying they don't do allegorical translations. What is this mark you speak of? A silicon chip implanted in us or something? Are you kidding me? The passage does not say silicon chip - it just says mark. And then the very next chapter says God's people will have a mark on their forehead! "Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads."
I don't take the number to be literal, or the mark.
The number is 12 times 12 times many many - that great Hebrew number meaning "a gazillion" - the number 1000. 12 tribes times 12 apostles times a gazillion - 144 THOUSAND means the fullest, most complete, perfect number of God's people - everyone who was meant to be there will be there. Not one little child of God will be lost. And - by way of contrast - instead of being 'marked' by the beast - we will be marked with God's name on our foreheads.

Or do you read this literally and there will only be 144,000 people in heaven, all with Jehovah written on their foreheads? Will this be in their language or in Hebrew? :doh:

Another serious problem with allegorical reinterpretation of Revelation is this:
Let me guess - that futurists can't stop using allegory themselves?

It is a historical fact that Titus broke the siege of Jerusalem to go back to Rome to see his father vespasian crowned as cesar in 69 AD This matches the Luke account and the internal evidence of Hebrews and Josephus.

Then in order to make the antichrist fit the allegorical opinion, you are forced to make him of the Julian line when that line ended!
I'm not sure I follow - there's Revelation's descriptions of the dragon and the beast from the sea (Rome landing in Asia Minor to persecute the Churches John has written 7 letters to!) and the beast from the earth. Where does Revelation call these the anti-Christ? Don't conflate other new testament descriptions of the Anti-Christ without actually knowing they are one and the same. Some descriptions of anti-christ apply to that cute old lady down the road that grows prize-winning roses. After all, anyone that denies Jesus was in the flesh is anti-christ.

If there was a plausible explanation of Chapter 13 as about Asia Minor, would you even listen? Or are you too sold on the attractiveness of your own end-times-table?

Remember, John said SOON and meant SOON and NEAR and wanted HIS generation to HEAR and OBEY. These words cannot be swept aside - Chapter 1 means what it says in the clearest use of the words. "These things" must be the suffering describing the 1000 years - all the time between Jesus resurrection and his return. The perfection of the millennium is describing the rest of the martyrs, but not life here on earth. The rest of the book describes that - and is more applicable than ever right now given we are in the middle of one of the pandemics that Revelation says will typify these last days (2000 years and counting.)

(Note - I'm saying pandemics are a theme with a certain application in Revelation - not that it specifically predicted this one.)

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How does Peter calling Rome 'Babylon' fit in with the harlot in Rev. 17 who sits on seven hills and Babylon (Rome)? The church that less than two hundred and fifty years after the writing of Rev. whored itself back to the Roman Empire to work in tandem with the world of man and become a worldly power itself having rejected the Kingdom? Was that a past or future event?
Hey guys - can we get back on the topic? I want to know why you think a majority of Revelation is all future and you're both having another conversation that you should probably start your own thread about. This thread is about how chapter 1 guides what we read in the book and why on earth anyone would ever insert 2000 years into it!

It was going to happen SOON for the TIME WAS NEAR and John wanted HIS HEARERS (that generation) to HEAR AND OBEY.

How on earth would you obey a message about say the Reds fighting the Greens on Mars in 2000 years? OK - explain to me how you hear and obey!?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting a state that proudly called itself Judah and had serious issues with Israel to the north would write of a time in the future when it would call itself it's opponents name. Perhaps the true Israel has not come yet. Jesus sent the Apostles out to unite all the tribes/nations of the House of Israel, not just the Jews.

Nations do not write under the inspiration of God. Individual humans do.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys - can we get back on the topic? I want to know why you think a majority of Revelation is all future and you're both having another conversation that you should probably start your own thread about. This thread is about how chapter 1 guides what we read in the book and why on earth anyone would ever insert 2000 years into it!

It was going to happen SOON for the TIME WAS NEAR and John wanted HIS HEARERS (that generation) to HEAR AND OBEY.

How on earth would you obey a message about say the Reds fighting the Greens on Mars in 2000 years? OK - explain to me how you hear and obey!?
I want to know why you seem to mock John the author of Revelation?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I want to know why you seem to mock John the author of Revelation?
I'm sorry if I gave that impression - maybe you misunderstood me showing the illogical and unfeeling consequences of a futurist reading of Revelation? Can you please show me an example of where I mocked John? Thanks.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Interesting a state that proudly called itself Judah and had serious issues with Israel to the north would write of a time in the future when it would call itself it's opponents name.
David ben Gurion intended to call the new Jewish State; Judah. It was the American diplomats who demanded that he call it Israel. The current Israel is the fake, Israel of Satan. Revelation 3:9
Revelation is a Prophecy, just like all the Bible Prophecies, written down by people inspired by God and who had little idea about what they wrote. Jeremiah 20:7

The 2000 year gap is a fact. It has happened and all the prophesies not about the First Advent of Jesus, await their fulfilment in the soon to happen end times.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
David ben Gurion intended to call the new Jewish State; Judah. It was the American diplomats who demanded that he call it Israel. The current Israel is the fake, Israel of Satan. Revelation 3:9

Revelation is a Prophecy, just like all the Bible Prophecies, written down by people inspired by God and who had little idea about what they wrote. Jeremiah 20:7

The 2000 year gap is a fact. It has happened and all the prophesies not about the First Advent of Jesus, await their fulfilment in the soon to happen end times.
Imagine if I turned around and just said "No it isn't - it's a sermon to John's generation about John's generation so all Christians following can learn from it as well. So there!"

Can you see how mere assertion is not an argument? You have not addressed my many points for reading it with a historical, partial preterist view. You haven't addressed the most compelling one which isn't even the multiple repetition of SOON and NEAR but how on earth John expected his readers to hear and obey when it wasn't even to them or about them and their suffering - but about a bunch of total strangers at the end of time in a totally alien situation? How as that pastoral of John? How did that demonstrate God's love to his church that was about to get obliterated but for a lucky few? You've basically conceded by main point - that John's generation couldn't possibly understand it all. Thanks for that! So was John just joking when he said his readers would be blessed if they heard and obeyed?

Can't you see that there are really good grounds for seeing the entire futurist prophecy paradigm as just plain wrong - maybe even absurd? How many cults have started this way? How many debates and arguments over the most trivial matters in some grand end times scheme that never quite pans out the way the proponents explain? How completely unbalanced and time consuming and gospel-energy draining all this is? Hardly any futurists can agree what the text even means, how it's all going to work out, and when some of you do and then put a date to it - it never happens anyway. Colour me sceptical...
sherlock-holmes.jpg

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hardly any futurists can agree what the text even means, how it's all going to work out, and when some of you do and then put a date to it - it never happens anyway. Colour me sceptical...
Yes, there is far too many wild guesses and speculations by those who should know better.
We are told why this has happened; Matthew 11:25....the wisdom of the wise and educated will be lost.
And the main reason for this, is people have chosen to believe false theories and doctrines; Isaiah 28:9-12....they will be locked into them.

Paul said: We Christians should not be in the dark about what will happen.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
We DO have a future, dramatic events will occur, as they always have. Empires will fall and new nations will rise, change and variations always happen. Normally, we have no advance knowledge about it all, but as we approach the end of this Church era, we Bible believers do have a narrative given to us of what God has planned for this time, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus, to reign as King over the world for 1000 years.

Why not just read it and believe what Jesus, thru John, has informed us?
No need to have anyone 'explain' it to us!

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why not just read it and believe what Jesus, thru John, has informed us?
No need to have anyone 'explain' it to us!
Ah, so you just believe it. You're not importing anything onto the passage, but are being a good Christian and just believing it. Except for the bit where you randomly just add 2000 years for some reason - otherwise - you just believe it!

How about instead I just believe it instead? I just believe it, because I'm reading and obyeing the first chapter which shows it is all apocalyptic biblical metaphor, and it is a sermon to John's generation of suffering Christians - the lens through which I can apply it to my own life. The experts and historians I respect say the mark of the beast was actually a token for paying to get into see Christians executed in the arena in Asia Minor. You know - the region John wrote to the 7 churches. Those Christians in the Roman empire. Those Christians who were about to be persecuted and asked to worship the new Roman standard in the name of the proconsul representing the new Caesar. Now, if you partook in this you would get your token, queue up knowingly, and then consciously pay to go in and see your Christian brothers and sisters torn apart while you worshipped the Caesar as a god. Now that's a mark of the beast! That's betraying Christ and every Christian in your generation. As far as I can tell, that's renouncing the Christ you were meant to be standing up for. That's rejecting Christianity and the gospel!

But if you accidentally get some vaccine or credit card or something that was somehow a 'beast chip' - is God really going to condemn you to hell forever for ignorantly getting some medium of exchange? I don't think so. That's why I'm suspicious of the whole futurist approach. It just makes Christians sound superstitious rather than gospel focussed. It's as if some some beast chip is like a bad luck charm you accidentally get exposed to - rather than a renunciation of your trust in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

When are we going to see these futurists repent and return to the gospel that says it is NOT by works but by faith we are saved? When are we going to have some sane Christians read the great amillennial works and explain it to all the frenzied futurists running around saying "I just believe the bible!" when they REALLY don't - and add so much too it - and sometimes even distort the basic gospel itself. Also, many futurists are just nutty. I've got friends that thing the Covid vaccine is the mark of the beast. I mean why? It's medicine. It's God's gift - through clever people - to reduce the suffering in this world. And Christians call it the mark of the beast and get everyone worked up that this pandemic is some kind of trickery? It makes me weep. I think it makes God weep. It embarrasses the church and makes Christians look mad.

Do you really want to be a part of all that?

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ah, so you just believe it. You're not importing anything onto the passage, but are being a good Christian and just believing it. Except for the bit where you randomly just add 2000 years for some reason - otherwise - you just believe it!
The 2000 years is a historic reality. It was also prophesied; Hosea 6:2, Luke 13:32.
It fits exactly into God's 7000 year period of His mankind experiment.

What is described in Revelation, is a coherent sequence of plausible and quite possible to happen things and events. Some of it is metaphorical, but that can usually be explained.
We believe the Salvation message, why do you reject the large amount of information about our future?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Your references say NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about 2000 years! You'd better start making sense soon.

why do you reject the large amount of information about our future?
After the opening post and my repeated questions to you - none of which you've really addressed - I can't believe you're asking me that. When you're ready to address SOON and NEAR and the fact that JOHN WANTED THEM TO HEAR AND OBEY HIS MESSAGE, then try again. Until then, you're just sounding more and more...
sherlock-holmes.jpg

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Your references say NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about 2000 years!
Hosea 6:2 and Luke 13:32 are both prophesies of the 2000 years of earth time, which is as 1 day to God. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8
Proved by the 2000 years that has elapsed since Jesus was here. Also agreed by many scholars, as being the proper interpretation of those verses. They are virtually meaningless otherwise.
When you're ready to address SOON and NEAR and the fact that JOHN WANTED THEM TO HEAR AND OBEY HIS MESSAGE, then try again
ALL the prophets wrote about things and events way beyond their lifetimes. The prophesies about Jesus first Advent, were written about 1000 years before He was born.

What Jesus told John to write was no different. Ignore Revelation at your peril, you might be around when it all happens. If not, like all who have gone before us, then no harm is done if they lived and died in expectation of the glorious future prophesied.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟141,838.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hosea 6:2 and Luke 13:32 are both prophesies of the 2000 years of earth time, which is as 1 day to God. Psalms 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8
The 'thousand years like a day' verse does not give you licence to just RIP it out of context and apply it to whatever you want.

Otherwise, why wasn't Jesus dead for 3000 years hmm?
Or didn't those verses have any reference to the gospel itself?
I mean - are you just going to deny prophesies about the gospel itself now in your desperation to try and find a completely illogical reason to insert 2000 years into John's letter to the 7 churches?

Here's an idea: John was writing to 7 churches in Asia Minor.
The Romans were about to start persecuting them.
Soon. For the time was near.
And John wanted the Christians in Asia Minor to hear and obey John's message. Not us 2000 years later because of Hosea or some verse ripped out of context - but then and there!

And which direction does Rome stretch across to Asia Minor? Eastward - across the Mediterranean sea.
Where does the beast come from?

The Beast out of the Sea
13 The dragona]">[a] stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.​

It's Rome.

Proved by the 2000 years that has elapsed since Jesus was here.
Not really as it's 2020 years, so you have to round down a little, and as Jesus was born about 4BC you have to round down a bit more. What - is Revelations running late on your timescale? Maybe it is - because your whole futurist idea doesn't apply!

Also agreed by many scholars, as being the proper interpretation of those verses.
Only hacks!

They are virtually meaningless otherwise.
Rubbish! They're full of meaning - but because you can't be bothered explaining SOON and THE TIME IS NEAR and John SHARING THEIR TRIBULATION and HIM WANTING TO OBEY THEM - even though I have asked you repeatedly, maybe 7 times now - I think I'm done.

ALL the prophets wrote about things and events way beyond their lifetimes.
Wrong! You obviously don't know your prophets then. Some discussed things that were pretty imminent!

The prophesies about Jesus first Advent, were written about 1000 years before He was born.
Ah, so you might want to go have another look at Hosea.

Ignore Revelation at your peril
I'm not ignoring it - I'm just bored of people playing word salad with it to ignore the first chapter where John tells us how to read it! Whacking Hosea across the first chapter to bash those inconvenient, very literal words out of John's letter - I mean the cheek of it.
And you think you're taking Revelation seriously?

If not, like all who have gone before us, then no harm is done if they lived and died in expectation of the glorious future prophesied.
The glorious Return of Christ can give us so much hope if we focus on that. But if you try to wrangle the stuff between Chapter 1 to his Return into some kind of crazy wall, I'm going to fight you all the way, as that crazy wall takes your focus OFF the gospel, OFF the real meaning of suffering under these last days with patient endurance, and ONTO the crazy stuff like the anti-covid anti-vaccers there's a 'mark of the beast behind every bush' craziness.
KERAS - look out - because the Reds and Blues are going to fight it out in 2000 years!
HEAR AND OBEY! Your very soul depends on obeying this message about.... random people you've got no idea about ... fighting over ... something... in the future.... yeah, it's just crazy.
92d180f885d14ff3fc5e08d7d3708515.jpg

Attachments

• sherlock-holmes.jpg
    sherlock-holmes.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Optimistic
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You all might have seen what I posted earlier, in post #39, how Revelation was/is not so much a message for us, as it is Angels, etc, how it was "quote/unqoute" "written", etc, in their "language", etc, and what I mean by that is...?

Do you recall how when Satan was tempting (or was trying to tempt) Jesus, and he showed Him all the Kingdoms of the world or the earth "in an instant of time", etc, and showed them to Him "in that way", and then offered them all to Him, etc...?

Well, that is how Revelation is written, and is how it's words, and/or images, and/or message(s) it paints, (language, etc) is meant to be interpreted, understood, etc...

It is always "now", etc... "Now" is the only time that matters, and even science is telling us, is the only time/place/space, etc, that is really "real", etc, and is the domain of the qoute/unqoute "gods" (little g) or Angels, etc, is "now", etc, and it is showing them (those Angels) all things in these creations that take place "in an instant of time", etc, or how things are in their domain, and/or reality, and/or "language", etc...

Putting it in our words or beings in time, who have no concept of what a dimension or reality is like without time, etc, is like trying to use what only two-dimensional beings know, and to be using only what they know and understand, etc, to convey a message to three dimensional beings about them and their reality and what they know and/or understand, etc, in this "time" I guess you could say, or that's the only word we have for it anyway, etc, which is inadequate, etc...

The best way we can even begin to comprehend it, being beings in time, with three divisions in time and in our reality, past present and future, etc, which they do not have or experience, etc (again very difficult for us to understand or comprehend, etc) the best way for us to know or understand or comprehend it, etc, is that it is always "now", etc, this entire creations timeline "in an instant of time", etc, cause that is their (the Angels) domain and/or reality, etc, and is the closest way we have to understanding it or comprehending it, in our dimension and/or reality and/or "time", etc...

And even that is still not entirely accurate, etc, but in our terms and/or language, etc, is the closest way we have to understanding and/or comprehending it, etc, (using the words dimension(s) and/or realities, and/or "time", etc) we don't currently live in their kind of reality/dimension/time, etc, and is like two dimensional beings trying to, using only what they know and understand, etc, anyway, "us", etc, trying to fully grasp and/or comprehend a three dimensional realm and/or reality and/or quote/unqoute "time", etc, and also their "language", etc...

But rest assured, for the Angels, God's message to them in Revelation was way, way, way all too much, and was very much all too crystal clear, etc, and God was calling those Angels to "repent", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You all might have seen what I posted earlier, in post #39, how Revelation was/is not so much a message for us, as it is Angels, etc, how it was "quote/unqoute" "written", etc, in their "language", etc, and what I mean by that is...?

Do you recall how when Satan was tempting (or was trying to tempt) Jesus, and he showed Him all the Kingdoms of the world or the earth "in an instant of time", etc, and showed them to Him "in that way", and then offered them all to Him, etc...?

Well, that is how Revelation is written, and is how it's words, and/or images, and/or message(s) it paints, (language, etc) is meant to be interpreted, understood, etc...

It is always "now", etc... "Now" is the only time that matters, and even science is telling us, is the only time/place/space, etc, that is really "real", etc, and is the domain of the qoute/unqoute "gods" (little g) or Angels, etc, is "now", etc, and it is showing them (those Angels) all things in these creations that take place "in an instant of time", etc, or how things are in their domain, and/or reality, and/or "language", etc...

Putting it in our words or beings in time, who have no concept of what a dimension or reality is like without time, etc, is like trying to use what only two-dimensional beings know, and to be using only what they know and understand, etc, to convey a message to three dimensional beings about them and their reality and what they know and/or understand, etc, in this "time" I guess you could say, or that's the only word we have for it anyway, etc, which is inadequate, etc...

The best way we can even begin to comprehend it, being beings in time, with three divisions in time and in our reality, past present and future, etc, which they do not have or experience, etc (again very difficult for us to understand or comprehend, etc) the best way for us to know or understand or comprehend it, etc, is that it is always "now", etc, this entire creations timeline "in an instant of time", etc, cause that is their (the Angels) domain and/or reality, etc, and is the closest way we have to understanding it or comprehending it, in our dimension and/or reality and/or "time", etc...

And even that is still not entirely accurate, etc, but in our terms and/or language, etc, is the closest way we have to understanding and/or comprehending it, etc, (using the words dimension(s) and/or realities, and/or "time", etc) we don't currently live in their kind of reality/dimension/time, etc, and is like two dimensional beings trying to, using only what they know and understand, etc, anyway, "us", etc, trying to fully grasp and/or comprehend a three dimensional realm and/or reality and/or quote/unqoute "time", etc, and also their "language", etc...

But rest assured, for the Angels, God's message to them in Revelation was way, way, way all too much, and was very much all too crystal clear, etc, and God was calling those Angels to "repent", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
Oh, and for this reason the Kingdom of God is also always "close" or "near" (or "soon"), etc, also, etc...

It's just the language that had/has to used, etc...

But it's inadequate still, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, and for this reason the Kingdom of God is also always "close" or "near" (or "soon"), etc, also, etc...

It's just the language that had/has to used, etc...

But it's inadequate still, etc...

God Bless!
Better terms, as I said, might be always "now", and "here", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Better terms, as I said, might be always "now", and "here", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
But even those terms may still be inadequate yet still, cause they are still our language from our dimension and/or reality that is still locked into time, etc, and is still defined by our place and space in space and time, etc, which it is not for them there, etc...

Anyway,

Anyway, the Angels clearly understood the message though, and God's calling them to "repent", etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The church sold out the Kingdom, broadsided the teachings of Jesus and amalgamated itself with the institutions and governments of man which ran contrary to the Kingdom. The only reason I can see it surviving was that God needed it as way to ensure scriptures would be carried ahead through time, and what better way than in the hands of the enemy.

No the reason it survives no matter how deep the apostasy runs in the visible church is this:

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The fact that the visible church or christendom as I like to call it is apostate was warned and prophesied by Jesus!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At present the world knows Israel as the Jewish State in the Middle East. It is that which Iran and their proxies will attack, as Psalms 83 and Micah 4:11-12 tell us.
The Lord will intervene and stop any nukes striking the holy Land.

We Christians; from every race, nation and language, are the true Israel of God.

No the 12 sons of Israel are the true Israel of God!

The true Israel of god are those faithful Israelis who have been the remnant in all generations to this day and into the future.

Galatians 6:15-17
King James Version

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

If the believing church is the Israel of God- then Paul was excluding the Galatians from being part of teh Church!

Israel is Israel and believers are the church-the Body of Christ! Jews who believe become part of teh body of Christ and are the true Israel of God!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.