✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You persist in dispensational delusion.

Nah, what I persist in is God's Word as written. And the children of darkness hate it, because the one they follow, Lucifer, doesn't want it out that he is going to play God in Jerusalem in another Jewish stone temple built for the end of days there, which is all written.

So you can get on board with keeping to God's Word as written, or you can be fooled by men's doctrines you show you are listening to against the building of the 3rd temple the orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem are ready to build. You can be deceived with them if you want, and appear in shame when Lord Jesus does show up at the end of Antichrist's working there.

And by the way, I am NOT... Dispensationalist. That is a doctrine that John Darby devised which contains many things that are not written. He also taught the pre-trib rapture theory which I do not believe either. So your vain attempt to categorize me has failed miserably!

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,676.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nah, what I persist in is God's Word as written. And the children of darkness hate it, because the one they follow, Lucifer, doesn't want it out that he is going to play God in Jerusalem in another Jewish stone temple built for the end of days there, which is all written.
And there I was thinking the gospel saved us, not your specific end-times-schema.

So you can get on board with keeping to God's Word as written,
Rubbish - you're on your high horse again. It's not our fault you can't read genres. Take Shakespeare's line "But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun."

You'd read it like - "See! Juliet is obviously a giant ball of fusing hydrogen millions and millions of miles across!"

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Ark has been built for us in Jesus death and resurrection. Satan is on the prowl, and always has been, as we have been warned how terrible these last days will be (2000 years and counting.) It's the futurist that might relax if they draw up an end-times-table where all these terrible things are going to happen a few hundred years away. But for some reason they've always concocted a scheme where it's about us. It's always about this generation - and has been since the Mormons and JW's and SDA's etc started responding more and more to the appetite for millennial cults since the 1800's. So many of these futurist schemes take away from the sufficiency of Christ's death and resurrection for us - that I'm concerned it is becoming a gospel issue! Christians today can barely voice what the gospel is - but ask them about the end times and Israel and they'll bang on for hours about one scheme or another. So do we need a new temple? Here's what one author says:
So get rid of the shadow, and claim Christ's millenia kingdom does not exist? Listen to science and trust human reasoning? We have at least a milion years of fight still in us? Who knows perhaps we will find God across the stars? Stop claiming God is coming soon? "That is what they did in the 1st century and look how the church turned out. Just another pagan world government."

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,676.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So get rid of the shadow, and claim Christ's millenia kingdom does not exist? Listen to science and trust human reasoning? We have at least a milion years of fight still in us? Who knows perhaps we will find God across the stars? Stop claiming God is coming soon? "That is what they did in the 1st century and look how the church turned out. Just another pagan world government."
I'm not sure what you're saying or if this even requires a substantive theological response. And don't tell me you "Just believe the bible" because you have already constructed a whole theological narrative around what the bible says - and are looking for verses that back your confirmation bias. Let's be honest. We all have presuppostions as we approach the bible - how about we discuss them honestly and see where it goes? I for one take the rule that generally speaking the bible has a fairly clear core gospel for us to accept. Then there are peripheral issues that might be less clear, written in language that some don't quite get or can be a bit confusing without some help. You and I are in a theological discussion about those areas. It doesn't help when you jump up on your high horse and just declare "I'm just reading what's in the bible - what are you doing!" From my point of view you're not - you're mistaking genres of metaphor for literal future timetable, dangerous literalistic legalisms that DEMAND a certain kind of reading that get us really off track and off the gospel of the Lord Jesus and onto the Middle East, what's going to happen next, my chart vs your chart, and a thousand other nutty end-times-tables distractions.
Crazy.png

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
you're mistaking genres of metaphor for literal future timetable,
You stick to the former and I'll hold to the latter.
I confidently look forward to a new Temple in Jerusalem, Zechariah 6:15 and the literal fulfillment of the cosmic events, the wars, plagues, etc, and the eventual Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. I see no reason for these things to not happen just as described. 2 Peter 2:19 says we should study the Prophesies and not be in the dark about Gods Plans.

The reason people reject them, is what is invalid and constitutes an indictment against them for dismissing and making scripture valueless.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you're saying or if this even requires a substantive theological response. And don't tell me you "Just believe the bible" because you have already constructed a whole theological narrative around what the bible says - and are looking for verses that back your confirmation bias. Let's be honest. We all have presuppostions as we approach the bible - how about we discuss them honestly and see where it goes? I for one take the rule that generally speaking the bible has a fairly clear core gospel for us to accept. Then there are peripheral issues that might be less clear, written in language that some don't quite get or can be a bit confusing without some help. You and I are in a theological discussion about those areas. It doesn't help when you jump up on your high horse and just declare "I'm just reading what's in the bible - what are you doing!" From my point of view you're not - you're mistaking genres of metaphor for literal future timetable, dangerous literalistic legalisms that DEMAND a certain kind of reading that get us really off track and off the gospel of the Lord Jesus and onto the Middle East, what's going to happen next, my chart vs your chart, and a thousand other nutty end-times-tables distractions.
So you agree your arguments have no Biblical depth? How can I take you seriously when you do not answer your own questions, and post pictures of movie clips. Did my questions confuse you? You will not even settle the logical ramifications of your accusations. The return of Christ is not 100's of years away. If Jesus' own disciples refused to make concessions of empty prophecy, 1990 years ago, why would i? Do you mock them or me, for taking them literally?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,676.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You stick to the former and I'll hold to the latter.
Just make sure you understand you're doing that because you want to - not because you've articulated in any comprehensible manner why you're doing so!

I confidently look forward to a new Temple in Jerusalem, Zechariah 6:15 and the literal fulfillment of the cosmic events, the wars, plagues, etc, and the eventual Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign. I see no reason for these things to not happen just as described. 2 Peter 2:19 says we should study the Prophesies and not be in the dark about Gods Plans.
Ah - you're quoting 2 Peter at me to tell me I'm not a Christian for not accepting your particular end-times-table. What number is yours, version 105,369?

I see every reason that we SHOULD be in the dark about things that we're not PROMISED! Where does Jesus promise that we'll know about that day or hour? He doesn't! Instead he says exactly the opposite - that it will be like the Days of Noah, or like a thief in the night.

The reason people reject them, is what is invalid and constitutes an indictment against them for dismissing and making scripture valueless.
That's just FUNNY coming from you - the guy who admitted that he made the VAST MAJORITY of Revelation utterly meaningless and valueless to ALL Christians for the last 2000 years until now. Only now do we have the geopolitical framework and timelines and charts and crazy-walls to interpret and understand it. And what does it mean? What am I meant to DO about all this? How am I meant to apply it? Where does it fit in my life here as a Christian in Sydney, Australia, even if I accepted your timeline? It's pathetic. It's just an inevitable series of disasters I have to fortify myself for - that WILL NOT come to pass as you predict because your whole rationale is faulty on Hosea 6 and Luke 13. I've never anyone draw such a 'long-bow' - verses so warped out of context and yet with so much foundational importance for other assumptions piled on assumptions piled no assumptions. But even IF your timeline was true - how am I meant to apply it to my life?

Does it change anything (other than of course to make an utter mockery of John writing to comfort his generation when he shared in THEIR SUFFERING! "You guys stop whining about our tribulation - wait till you see what happens in 2000 years will ya!?")?

What am I meant to DO about any of this? Nothing. It's just inevitable. It doesn't help in the slightest. Just more stress in an already stressful pandemic year. It's as inapplicable to me as you've made the book of Revelation to Christians for the last 2000 years!

All because an old man had a dream.

This is how cults start.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So you can get on board with keeping to God's Word as written, or you can be fooled by men's doctrines you show you are listening to against the building of the 3rd temple the orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem are ready to build. You can be deceived with them if you want, and appear in shame when Lord Jesus does show up at the end of Antichrist's working there.

And by the way, I am NOT... Dispensationalist. That is a doctrine that John Darby devised which contains many things that are not written. He also taught the pre-trib rapture theory which I do not believe either. So your vain attempt to categorize me has failed miserably!

Where in the temple will Lucifer sit?

On the front step?
In the back pew?
In the front pew?
On the altar?
On the pulpit?
Somewhere else?

Since Lucifer is a spirit being, how will anyone know where, or if, he is sitting?

As for your temple, I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Those refusing to learn Scripture's lessons will be condemned to repeat them.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and opressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just make sure you understand you're doing that because you want to - not because you've articulated in any comprehensible manner why you're doing so!
I realize that to anyone who has believed false theories and ideas, such as you do, my use of supporting scriptures is incomprehensible to you. Isaiah 29:9-12 explains why this is.
Since Lucifer is a spirit being, how will anyone know where, or if, he is sitting?
Revelation 13:4 plainly states that the 'dragon', namely Satan, confers his power onto a man; called the 'beast'. He will be the Leader of the future One World Govt. Known to the Christians as the Ant-Christ.
He will conquer the holy people of God, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:23-25, Revelation 13:7 and will sit in the Holy of Holies in the new Temple in Jerusalem. 2 Thess 2:4
If you disbelieve this, you are rejecting the Words of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,676.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I realize that to anyone who has believed false theories and ideas, such as you do, my use of supporting scriptures is incomprehensible to you. Isaiah 29:9-12 explains why this is.

Revelation 13:4 plainly states that the 'dragon', namely Satan, confers his power onto a man; called the 'beast'. He will be the Leader of the future One World Govt. Known to the Christians as the Ant-Christ.
He will conquer the holy people of God, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:23-25, Revelation 13:7 and will sit in the Holy of Holies in the new Temple in Jerusalem. 2 Thess 2:4
Oo ooo ooo! When? When will the Temple be built in Jerusalem? Did you say the Millennium starts in 9.5 years? So we've got to see this Anti-Christ fellow before then hey? That means they must be building the temple soon, right?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Sozomen's historical account provides an apocalyptic forewarning of the divine fury which will befall any attempt to reconstruct a blasphemous temple.

The next one will make Beirut look like a birthday candle.

I'm increasing my popcorn supply.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Oo ooo ooo! When? When will the Temple be built in Jerusalem? Did you say the Millennium starts in 9.5 years? So we've got to see this Anti-Christ fellow before then hey? That means they must be building the temple soon, right?
Right.
But not the Jews. it will be the true Israelite people of God who will build the new Temple and the glory of God will dwell in it. Ezekiel 43:1-4

Am I talking with a grown up person here?
You did say you were 50 something. Try to act it please.
Sozomen's historical account provides an apocalyptic forewarning of the divine fury which will befall any attempt to reconstruct a blasphemous temple.
The new Temple will be approved by God. As Solomon's, Nehemiah's and Herod's Temple were.
I will remind you about your silly comments, when it all happens as prophesied.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,676.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Right.
But not the Jews. it will be the true Israelite people of God who will build the new Temple and the glory of God will dwell in it. Ezekiel 43:1-4
Wrong because Ezekiel is a picture of heaven.

Am I talking with a grown up person here?
You did say you were 50 something. Try to act it please.
It's just that this is the six hundred and sixty sixth end times table I've been told is really truuly wooly the true one - and it's hard to take anything you say seriously. For instance, if Israel actually destroyed the mosque the whole region would go into war and I doubt ANYTHING will be being built in the next 9.5 years - let alone before that!

The new Temple will be approved by God. As Solomon's, Nehemiah's and Herod's Temple were.
Except for the bit where you forgot Jesus is now the perfect temple, and his church represents it. But hey, if you want to reintroduce the sacrificial system, the law, and the circumcision - then maybe I can quote to you what Paul said to the circumcision group? :oldthumbsup:

John 2

18 The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?” 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” 20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Remember how your Ezekiel temple is on a mountain - a mountain that currently doesn't exist in Israel? So it's exciting times if you are right because there is also going to be some calamitous mountain creation! (But then, literally reading it, is it going to be on Ezekiel's mountain or is it the place where the disciples asked Jesus "see these stones?" and Jesus said it would be destroyed and built again? Which one is it "Mr Literal fulfillment is the only godly way to read these verses" man?)

But if it's Ezekiel's 'mountain' temple - is this what Hebrews 12 has in mind in a spiritual sense?
18 You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; 19 to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, 20 because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” 21 The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”

22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.​

Hebrews 10 says the temple is Jesus:

9 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.​

I just want to check you do actually have the book of Hebrews in your bible? Because it clearly says that the old covenant is FADING AWAY and death of Jesus is a new and better covenant, better reality, better temple, better sacrifice, better high priest and that this FULFILS THE PROMISES TO ISRAEL!

Hebrews Chapter 8
8 Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.
3 Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. 4 If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. 5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
(Eclipse note: NOT a separate covenant with the church!)

and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Then in Chapters 9 and 10 and 11 and 12 he goes onto explain that new Covenant, the fulfilment of all the promises to Israel and everything about the temple, mountain, land, etc - it's us! Even Chapter 12 has Abraham looking forward not to the land, but to heaven! Jesus so over-abundantly fulfils the Old Testament promises about the land that we're not confined to a patch of parched desert - but now own everything in this world! It's all ours, the true Israel's - and we expand God's kingdom every time we evangelise and share the gospel and God grows his church. Then one day the New Jerusalem will come out of heaven - the new city - which the metaphor shows was exactly the same size as the whole known world in the ancient maps. In other words, looking forward to a physical temple is like going outside and trying to eat worms when there's a wedding banquet inside.
An Amil vision of what Jesus accomplished on the cross is not just doing away with the end times tables that you're so preoccupied with - it's about understanding just how much BIGGER the gospel itself is - how much bigger Jesus mission is - how much greater our command is - how much MORE GENEROUS our God is than these trite little Last Days games futurists play. And it's endlessly applicable to all Christians in all ages. Cool, hey?

• Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will remind you about your silly comments, when it all happens as prophesied.

God doesn't approve blasphemies.

It was a blasphemy when it was attempted in Julian's day.

It will be a blasphemy whenever it is next attempted.

You will be supporting a blasphemy.

Be prepared to personally experience the consequences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Again I question your reading ability.
Ezekiel 40 to 48, is entirely about earthly things. The new Temple and the Land divisions.
Except for the bit where you forgot Jesus is now the perfect temple, and his church represents it. But hey, if you want to reintroduce the sacrificial system, the law, and the circumcision -
Yes; during this Church age, Jesus is our spiritual Temple and we ourselves represent the physical Temple. 2 Corinthians 6:16
This truth does not preclude another actual Temple being built in Jerusalem. As is well prophesied. Words of God that you choose to ignore.
“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
(Eclipse note: NOT a separate covenant with the church!)

and with the people of Judah.
More ignoring of scripture. WE Christians ARE the Israelites of God. WE are the Overcomers for Him, as seen in each of the 7 Church's of Revelation.
Note that the verse you quoted above maintains the separation between Israel and Judah. Judah, the Jewish people, are a known entity, but who can the real Israel be; other that the faithful peoples, the born again Christians from every race, nation and language? Revelation 5:9-10
Even Chapter 12 has Abraham looking forward not to the land, but to heaven!
Sure he does, and God will fulfil His Promises to Abraham. His descendants by faith and also by genetics, will occupy all that area which God gave to Abraham so long ago.
Eventually; God and therefore heaven will come to dwell with mankind there. Revelation 21:1-7

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't approve blasphemies.

It was a blasphemy when it was attempted in Julian's day.

It will be a blasphemy whenever it is next attempted.

You will be supporting a blasphemy.

Be prepared to personally experience the consequences.
Who are you to threaten anyone?
You are making a noose for your own neck with this kind of accusation. James 4:11-12

How can you not see the many prophesies that prove there will be a new Temple, one that God wants and will bless? Jesus will reign from it during the Millennium. Jeremiah 31:38

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who are you to threaten anyone?
You are making a noose for your own neck with this kind of accusation. James 4:11-12

How can you not see the many prophesies that prove there will be a new Temple, one that God wants and will bless? Jesus will reign from it during the Millennium. Jeremiah 31:38

Explain how God wants, will bless, and will reign from a temple that antichrist will occupy.

According to futurism's fantasies and fallacies.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,676.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Again I question your reading ability.
Ezekiel 40 to 48, is entirely about earthly things. The new Temple and the Land divisions.
So what mountain is that temple going to be built on? :oldthumbsup:

Yes; during this Church age, Jesus is our spiritual Temple and we ourselves represent the physical Temple. 2 Corinthians 6:16
This truth does not preclude another actual Temple being built in Jerusalem. As is well prophesied. Words of God that you choose to ignore.
Only because you read the Old over the New. The disciples most definitely saw it the other way around!

More ignoring of scripture. WE Christians ARE the Israelites of God.
That's Covenant Theology.

Note that the verse you quoted above maintains the separation between Israel and Judah.
Careful brother - because it sounds like you're saying the people of Judah - the genetic Jews - are going to inherit everything described in Hebrews for Christians alone! Sorry pal - but you're destroying the gospel again.

Judah, the Jewish people, are a known entity,
Israel, the Israelite people, are a known entity. But that doesn't stop Paul "Spiritualising" them into the church.

but who can the real Israel be; other that the faithful peoples, the born again Christians from every race, nation and language? Revelation 5:9-10
I would say the same thing about Judah - it's just Hebrew repetition of the same facts by another descriptor (much like the way Jesus describes his 3 day journey in two ways in your infamous reading of Luke 13).

Otherwise you're saying Jews who have not had faith in Christ get all the benefits of faith in Christ - which according to Hebrews is blasphemous. It really sounds like you need to go over the basic gospel again! Reread Hebrews. Sit and binge it, and see how Jesus fulfils all OT functions of sacrifice, temple, land and law.

Sure he does, and God will fulfil His Promises to Abraham. His descendants by faith and also by genetics, will occupy all that area which God gave to Abraham so long ago.
Eventually; God and therefore heaven will come to dwell with mankind there. Revelation 21:1-7
Good! But Hebrews says we have not come to a physical mountain but a heavenly one, not a physical land but a heavenly one and even old Abraham was looking forward to 'heaven' (which I entirely approve of your description of coming down here and paradise being very physical.) Basically, we're not bound by the OT promises of the 'Holy Lands' to Abraham any longer because the blessing has gone out into the whole world.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Explain how God wants, will bless, and will reign from a temple that antichrist will occupy.

According to futurism's fantasies and fallacies.
God will allow the AC to conquer the holy people and have control of all the world for the final 3 1/2 years. Zechariah 14:1-2, Revelation 13:5-8
Jesus will chain up the AC at His Return and the temple will be cleansed and rededicated 1335 days after it was desecrated. Daniel 12:12

If you designate the Prophetic Word as 'fantasies and fallacies', then you are hopelessly in the dark about God's Plans for our future. Why be like that?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.