Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forgiven by the blood of Christ. Declared righteous through faith alone by the imputed righteousness of Christ. Chosen, kept and preserved by Gods Sovereign grace in Christ alone. Holy and without blame before God for the sake of Christ alone. There’s no room for boasting about your works.. and your opposition to the gospel with these so called lies

Right. Jesus can't un-bleed for your life.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or you could immediately die. This happens, and so ruins your theory.

That's in regards to what I said about OSAS, right? And if so, how does that ruin my theory? Obviously OSAS is going to be true of many in the end, but it's not going to be true of all in the end. The latter then being my point.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Satan's lie
All of your sins (past, present, future) have been forgiven

Romans 6:10
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

Inasmuch as Christ died for all - that is, for all people in all times - at least some of the sin for which he died was in the future. In fact, in my case (and the case of the billions born since Christ died), all of my sin was in the future. What then of your false notion that Christ's atoning work does not extend to cover all future sin? It seems readily apparent that you are entirely wrong, if what Paul wrote above is true.

Hebrews 7:27
27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Here the writer of Hebrews says that Christ sacrificed himself "once for all." In this instance, "all" must refer to all people in all times because if it doesn't, then the contrast that is made to high priests who had to make repeated sacrifices fails. If Christ did not truly die once for all, he must die again and again for those living in future generations, repeating his atoning sacrifice just as the OT high priests had to do with animal sacrifice. But the verse says the exact opposite is true: Jesus died once for all. His atonement covers the sin of all in all times and does not ever need to be repeated after the manner of OT sacrifice. What, then, of your idea that it is a lie of Satan that Christ has done so? Your assertion has the flavour of heresy, it seems to me.

Hebrews 9:12
12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, he entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Here, again, the phrase "once for all" appears, contradicting your claim above. If Christ truly died for all, then his shed blood atoned for all - those living in the past whose sins are past, those in the present whose sins are happening now, and those in the future, who sins will happen. If Christ did not die for all, then he must die again for those in other times if they are to be saved and so "once for all" is false.

1 Peter 3:18
18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that he might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

See above.

Satan's lie
You are now righteous

Forensically-speaking, every person in Christ, every born-again believer, is indeed righteous. This is a spiritual, positional reality, though it may not be true in a believer's daily condition, in the way they live. If one fails to make the distinction between position and condition, neglecting the plain declaration of Scripture concerning a believer's justification and sanctification in Christ, your mistaken idea above is a possible by-product.

1 Corinthians 1:30
30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Acts 13:38-39
38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans 3:24-26
24 Being justified (made righteous) freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God has set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him who believes in Jesus.

1 Corinthians 6:11
11 And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I could go on, but these verses make it very plain that every truly born-again believer is, positionally in Christ, fully righteous before God. It is the only way He can accept any of us. We must be clothed in the Saviour's perfect righteousness. God will accept nothing less and nothing else. It is, then, not "Satan's lie" that every believer is fully justified before God, but the plain declaration of God's word. Shame on you for suggesting God's truth is a lie of the devil. You sound perilously close to the Pharisees who were guilty of blasphemy against Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Satan's lie
You are now holy

See above. Every genuine believer in Christ is fully sanctified in and by him. This must be a positional spiritual reality before it is a reality in a believer's daily condition.

1 Corinthians 1:2
2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Hebrews 10:10
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Jude 1
1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

In every one of these verses, the believer's sanctification is acknowledged as an already accomplished fact. The believer is holy - in Christ - before God and cannot be accepted by God, cannot be redeemed by Him, unless s/he is.

Satan's lie
You have been saved and can never lose salvation

You're going to keep grinding this axe 'til the blade is gone, eh? You've been totally wrong in every other "lie" you've put forward and you are wrong in this one, too.

The Scriptural Basis For O.s.a.s. | Christian Forums

Eternally Secure In Christ | Christian Forums

Osas: God Saves Us And He Keeps Us. | Christian Forums

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All four are not lies. Beware of calling something God does and say it is from Satan. That is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
You have NO clue what blaspheming the Holy Spirit is all about ... NONE at all.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It is good that you mentioned 1 John 1:9. Although we are forgiven of our past sins at conversion, we carry on being continuously forgiven, because this is the intercessory function of Christ at the right hand of the Father.
... we pursue righteous living because we are already righteous,
not to become righteous in ourselves.
... Because we have already been declared holy by God,
we seek to live according to it, not to try and achieve it through our self-effort.
... You have carefully left out all the Scriptures that promise eternal security for the believer.
1 John 1:9 says for us to confess/repent of our sins.
Then, Jesus will intercede for us.

Pursuing righteousness proves that we are righteous.

Pursuing holiness proves that we are accepted as being holy.

Everyone quotes the so-called eternal security verses.
They need to hear those that stand against eternal security.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 1:2 is addressed "To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters in Christ."
Exactly ... thank you!
Colossians was written ONLY to "the faithful" ... and NOT to the unfaithful.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1:9 says for us to confess/repent of our sins.
Then, Jesus will intercede for us.

Pursuing righteousness proves that we are righteous.

Pursuing holiness proves that we are accepted as being holy.

Everyone quotes the so-called eternal security verses.
They need to hear those that stand against eternal security.
Paul's letter to the Galatians puts it all into perspective. It shows what should be the foundation of our faith and the danger of trying to achieve perfection through the Law.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have NO clue what blaspheming the Holy Spirit is all about ... NONE at all.

That's exactly what blaspheming the Holy Spirit is - taking something that is from God and attributing it to, or crediting, the devil.
Just as when Jesus performed miracles in God's power, and the Pharisees said he was doing it by the power of Beelzebub, Mark 3:20-30

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly ... thank you!
Colossians was written ONLY to "the faithful" ... and NOT to the unfaithful.

So an unbeliever can't read Colossians since it was not addressed to them??
Since, a) Scripture was not written to us; we were not the intended audience and b) we are sometimes unfaithful, maybe we all need to stop reading the Bible?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Satan's lie
All of your sins (past, present, future) have been forgiven

“For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness,
and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NKJV)

>>> “OLD sins” is also in the KJV, RSV, NLT, AMP

“… having forgotten his purification from his FORMER sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NASB)
>>> “FORMER sins” is also in the ESV

“… forgetting that they have been cleansed from their PAST sins.” (2 Peter 1:9, NIV)
>>> “PAST sins” is also in the HCSB

John is writing to his fellow Christians …
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness (unrighteousness).” (1 John 1:9, NLT)
This is an extremely important verse … all men need to be repeatedly purified from
all unrighteousness – from all their sins … We must confess our sins and turn from them
… We must also confess them with our actions … (John) is talking here about repentance
… we must hate our sins and turn from them. This is true repentance.
(The Applied New Testament Commentary; Dr. Thomas Hale, missionary to Nepal)

Paul warns the errant Corinthian church that their …
“godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation” (2 Corin. 7:9-10, NKJV)

Satan's lie
You are now righteous

“… you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living … So now you must give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living” (Romans 6:16-19)

“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil … Whoever has been born of God does not sin (habitually) … In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 John 3:7-10)
“… who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

“But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness and a godly life … pursue righteous living” (1 Timothy 6:11, 2 Timothy 2:22)

Satan's lie
You are now holy

“… give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living so that you will become holy.” (Romans 6:16-19)

“work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.” (Hebrews 12:14)

“God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin … live in holiness and honor. … God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. Therefore, anyone who refuses to live by these rules is not disobeying human teaching but is rejecting God” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8)

“you must live as God’s obedient children … now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, ‘You must be holy because I am holy.’ ” (1 Peter 1:14-15)

Satan's lie
You have been saved and can never lose salvation

“… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)

“For to be carnally-minded is (eternal) death, but to be spiritually-minded is (eternal) life and peace.” (Romans 8:5-6)

“For IF you live according to the flesh you will die (eternal death); but IF by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live (eternal life).” (Romans 8:13)

“For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption (eternal death), but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of (eternal) life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him … when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown, brings forth (eternal) death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:12-15)

Jesus often said. “Those who love Me will obey My commandments.” (4 times in John 14)
Interesting and important conversation!
God went to such lengths to rescue us from destruction.
Why? Because He adores us.
It's not some silly childish jumping through hoops game!
He set us free why? So we'd be free.
Wooot!
Between meditating on the book of Romans (when I got my first bible at age 17ish, and then on the book of Hebrews as an adult, God finally got through to my heart.
HE wants us and HE is God.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So an unbeliever can't read Colossians since it was not addressed to them??
Since, a) Scripture was not written to us; we were not the intended audience and b) we are sometimes unfaithful, maybe we all need to stop reading the Bible?
Descriptions of who "the faithful" Colossians are ... apply only to them.
Meanwhile, Paul also warns them to NOT get involved in sin, etc.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I did; he said,
Which is what Scripture says and what I quoted.
Okay, I'll back down to a point.
I responded quickly because blaspheming the Holy Spirit
is all about calling what He does as being from Satan.

You said it's about what God does!

It's NOT about what the Father does ... at all.
And ...
It's NOT about what the Lord Jesus does ... at all.

It's strictly about what the Holy Spirit does!

Now, can we put this to rest?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I'll back down to a point.
I responded quickly because blaspheming the Holy Spirit
is all about calling what He does as being from Satan.

You said it's about what God does!

It's about seeing something that is from God, or God does - miracles, prophesy - and saying it is from the devil.
God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God just as much as the Father and the Son are.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Okay, I'll back down to a point. I responded quickly because blaspheming the Holy Spirit is all about calling what He does as being from Satan. You said it's about what God does! It's NOT about what the Father does ... at all. And ... It's NOT about what the Lord Jesus does ... at all. It's strictly about what the Holy Spirit does! Now, can we put this to rest?"

Mark 3:20-30 Then Jesus went home & once again a crowd gathered, so that He & His disciples could not even eat. When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.” And the scribes who had come down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by Beelzebul,” & “By the prince of the demons He drives out demons.”

23So Jesus called them together & began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand.

26And if Satan is divided & rises against himself, he cannot stand; his end has come. Indeed, no one can enter a strong man’s house to steal his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can plunder his house.

Truly I tell you, the sons of men will be forgiven all sins & blasphemies, as many as they utter. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of eternal sin.”

30JESUS MADE THIS STATEMENT BECAUSE THEY WERE SAYING, "HE HAS an unclean spirit."

Matt 12:22-32 Then a demon-possessed man who was blind & mute was brought to Jesus & HE HEALED THE MAN so that he could speak & see. The crowds were astounded & asked, “Could this be the Son of David?”

24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “Only by Beelzebul, the prince of the demons, DOES THIS MAN DRIVE OUT DEMONS."

25Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste & every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?

27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. BUT IF I DRIVE OUT DEMONS--BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD--then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

30He who is not WITH ME IS AGAINST ME & he who does not gather with Me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin & blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.

Luke 11:14-23 One day Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. And when the demon was gone, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowds were amazed, but some of them said, “It is by Beelzebul, the prince of the demons, that He drives out demons.” And others tested Him by demanding a sign from heaven.

17Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste & a house divided against a house will fall. If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? After all, YOU SAY THAT I DRIVE OUT DEMONS BY BEELZEBUL.

19And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. BUT IF I DRIVE OUT DEMONS BY THE FINGER OF GOD, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

21When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are secure. 22But when someone stronger attacks & overpowers him, he takes away the armor on which the man relied & then he divides up his plunder. He who is not WITH ME IS AGAINST ME & he who does not gather with Me scatters.

This is the danger I warned you about previously & you STILL keep making absolute statements that are CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURE, showing your ignorance of Scripture & that you are promoting an agenda.

Jesus WAS the One DOING IT! He healed the dumb mute & cast out the demon! Jesus also said it was BY THE FINGER OF GOD (the Father) that HE DROVE OUT DEMONS AND it was by THE SPIRIT OF GOD that HE DROVE OUT DEMONS.

Mark 3:30 Jesus made this statement BECAUSE THEY WERE SAYING, "HE HAS an unclean spirit."

We can see that your absolute statements are in error & contrary to the Scripture you don't understand or ignore. Jesus was the One doing it by the Father & the Spirit. To accuse Jesus & attribute His casting out demons by Satan directly was blaspheming the Holy Spirit, by whose power Jesus was performing this miracle.

You cannot separate the Person's of the Godhead from performing miraculous signs & wonders. But the issue concerning the Holy Spirit is that He is the One who CONVICTS & CONVINCES THE WORLD of sin & righteousness & judgment & refusing & hardening one's heart to His convicting work as God & attributing it to Satan is blaspheming the direct work of the Holy Spirit, manifesting the power of God in obvious signs & miracles.

John 16:7-11 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.

8And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin & of righteousness & of judgment:; of sin, because they believe not on Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father & ye see Me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

One must study the whole of Scripture & correlating passages on a subject, if one seeks to accurately handle the word of truth. I do appreciate your fervor, brother, in seeking to exhort the saints to live holy lives by the power of the Spirit.

Upvote 0