Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, will make my heart ready. On the dream however, just from the feeling, I do think however that the dream referred to another person, possibly a sports star.

The person was the sports car?

And nothing is ever wrong in preparing your heart for ministry. No matter what it is, it is hard! When I go back to work, I work at a Christian preschool. You would think that would be pretty easy. you would think.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I have started this next collective dreaming, with a request of the Holy Spirit that He give us a dream about the quality of the colour of the cross, that Jesus died on (in Jesus Name Amen).

I think it would be good to pray for this. To join with @Gottservant

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this sounds like a call to prayer more for ourselves and others. Really think about our prayers this month and pray for our family/friends/those around us.

Will focus prayer on these things. Especially for my son, seeing he is in so many of my dreams.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also about the restaurant, taking orders...are we really listening to what the Word of God says, what others are saying when they ask for prayer? Or are we just half heartedly asking God to give us understanding of His Word and half heartedly telling God what others are asking for prayer for without really looking into our need from God's Word/how we can possibly help serve others better.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also about the restaurant, taking orders...are we really listening to what the Word of God says, what others are saying when they ask for prayer? Or are we just half heartedly asking God to give us understanding of His Word and half heartedly telling God what others are asking for prayer for without really looking into our need from God's Word/how we can possibly help serve others better.

I do think some times we just halfheartedly pray. I have a prayer list that I have on my wall so when ever any one asks for prayer I add to it. In this way it reminds me that I have said I will pray, and I continually pray for that thing.

There are times however that prayer might be asked for, and I don't feel any urgency in my spirit to pray for it. Maybe someone's cat has just died, and they want prayer. We only have a limited capacity to pray, and not every prayer is one of the Spirit's cries.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

Had another dream last night.

First I was running around a country road, or block. I then was in a wooden house, in the living area, and there was a set of stairs leading to an upstairs area. It was near a small river, and I thought to my self I hope it does not flood when the river fills up. I then saw an art work that was beside the river, it saw fine art. So I picked it up and look at it. I took it to the art curator who was in the back yard up a small hill, but he did not seem that happy. I wondered whether he had put the art work in the river. I then saw my previous pastor walking toward me. So I went down to the river and there was a whole heap of papers, and other cardboard boxes in the river. And I thought may be these where put here on purpose, and were the other lost art works.

Then I was back in the house and I saw Tod White (an evangelist and pastor), sitting at a table with some one else, who I could not see. And he said something like “my grandmother bought me to Jesus, and taught me to prophecy”. God then spoke and said “You need to bring your son to things the church is doing”. The dream then ended.

Ok. Starting to get caught up, here. I think I know what this one is about, but first tell me as much as you can remember about your previous pastor, what his relationship with your family was like, what he thought of their beliefs and what they thought of his (i.e. were there doctrinal disagreements or disputes), and why you are no longer with him.

Also, what denomination was he a part of, and what church are you yourself associated with now.

I don't intend on being judgmental or anything. It's just relevant to the interpretation.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Starting to get caught up, here. I think I know what this one is about, but first tell me as much as you can remember about your previous pastor, what his relationship with your family was like, what he thought of their beliefs and what they thought of his (i.e. were there doctrinal disagreements or disputes), and why you are no longer with him.

Also, what denomination was he a part of, and what church are you yourself associated with now.

I don't intend on being judgmental or anything. It's just relevant to the interpretation.

Hi my previous pastor was Assemblies of God I think. We had a good relationship with him. But he had a falling out with the Assemblies of God over a poor financial decision that was made. He had no wrong doctrines, just made poor choices. Choices that resulted in financial loss for some in the church at the time. I am a part of the Australian Christian Churches movement, which is similar to AOG.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first one I was in some sort of restaurant, I seemed happy to be eating, receiving the food. Then I saw a picture of a chef complaining to me, saying “you could have at least written it down”, I am assuming he wanted the order written down.
There is one you have said that may be corporate, because I have had one awfully similar in the past month. So I will share that.

You wrote:
The first one I was in some sort of restaurant, I seemed happy to be eating, receiving the food. Then I saw a picture of a chef complaining to me, saying “you could have at least written it down”, I am assuming he wanted the order written down.

This was my dream God keeps putting on my heart to share:

I was in a restraunt, only I was the waitress. But I wasn't writing the orders down. I was just telling the chef. Then a big table of people came in and I was trying to remember all the orders. So then the chef told me I need to write the orders down and gave me help to do so and an order pad to do it with, and I woke up.

Yep. Clearly corporate. "Orders" here indeed refers to spiritual food, specifically to revelations that each individual believer wants to know about, i.e. on matters like what particular passages or verses mean, or what the word teaches about specific issues.

The dreams are related then, but the message is two-fold:

- Regarding the individual believer seeking revelation from God on a particular issue (FAH's dream), the Lord wants them to get serious enough about their "order" to write it down, i.e. commit to it, by documenting it (whether mentally or on actual paper). It speaks of the principles taught in James, that "let him who lacks wisdom, ask of God. But let him ask in faith," i.e. fully believing he will receive exactly what he is asking for. Nothing more, nothing less, in faith.

- Regarding those who are in a position to teach other believers the word, and who are seeking specific answers to specific questions (Lily's dream), they need to keep close track of what each specific individual is interested in learning about so as not to be teaching things to people they haven't asked about, while neglecting to teach them about what they have.

The "chef" in both dreams is the Lord, who wants believers to be specific about what they want in prayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi my previous pastor was Assemblies of God I think. We had a good relationship with him. But he had a falling out with the Assemblies of God over a poor financial decision that was made. He had no wrong doctrines, just made poor choices. Choices that resulted in financial loss for some in the church at the time. I am a part of the Australian Christian Churches movement, which is similar to AOG.

Ok, thanks... The Assemblies were much stronger spiritually and doctrinally starting out (i.e. many decades ago) than they are now, and that actually may be what the symbolism is referring to...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a dream last night, but I haven't prayed anything in specific. But it was very lovely like the vision I had before, so thought Id share. God is definitely putting it on my heart here to share.

I was in the back seat of a car with three of my friends I sang with in a community choir. Looking back on it now, all three of these older ladies had passed away. The one driving was our choir director who died from cancer, but very sweet, Christian lady. She was very happy in this dream and we were driving out in country/pasture land down the road in Florida. We came to the main road where this beautiful sparkling ocean was. She said the place we were singing at was right down the road. We were all very excited. I saw a resteraunt like down below the road "Eat at Joe's" what I always called Joe's crabshack. And was thinking of bringing up eating there afterwards, because it sounded really good. So then we stopped at this gas station to take a rest stop and prepare for our concert. It was all a very peaceful dream. I could feel the warmth of the sun even in my dream and from my friends. I couldn't wait to sing. I woke up as I was going inside the store there at the gas station.

This is just a total stab in the dark here. You have been having a lot of dreams about restaurants, is the restaurant that you mention the "Eat at Joe's" what I always called Joe's crabshack, a real place? Is God telling you to minister there. May be the chef we have been dreaming about needs Jesus at this time. You could always take him a gospel tract, and just tell him you have been praying for him.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Clearly corporate. "Orders" here indeed refers to spiritual food, specifically to revelations that each individual believer wants to know about, i.e. on matters like what particular passages or verses mean, or what the word teaches about specific issues.

The dreams are related then, but the message is two-fold:

- Regarding the individual believer seeking revelation from God on a particular issue (FAH's dream), the Lord wants them to get serious enough about their "order" to write it down, i.e. commit to it, by documenting it (whether mentally or on actual paper). It speaks of the principles taught in James, that "let him who lacks wisdom, ask of God. But let him ask in faith," i.e. fully believing he will receive exactly what he is asking for. Nothing more, nothing less, in faith.

- Regarding those who are in a position to teach other believers the word, and who are seeking specific answers to specific questions (Lily's dream), they need to keep close track of what each specific individual is interested in learning about so as not to be teaching things to people they haven't asked about, while neglecting to teach them about what they have.

The "chef" in both dreams is the Lord, who wants believers to be specific about what they want in prayer.
Thanks I have been thinking this through, and there are a lot of things I could "commit" to. In the dream I felt a little indulgent eating the food, maybe I am getting spiritually fat, feeding my self but not adequately doing the LORD's will.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is just a total stab in the dark here. You have been having a lot of dreams about restaurants, is the restaurant that you mention the "Eat at Joe's" what I always called Joe's crabshack, a real place? Is God telling you to minister there. May be the chef we have been dreaming about needs Jesus at this time. You could always take him a gospel tract, and just tell him you have been praying for him.

Joe's crabshack is a seafood restaurant. They are all over the country. This one was on the beach underneath the road. Sadly, there is none in Indiana and I know no Joe. But going to go sing with loved friends that passed away, makes me think about Heaven. I think the gas station represents a time of rest. Hidden told me that once.

As far as the resteraunt goes, it was when we turned the corner from the country road to the beach road that I saw it. I'm unsure yet what that means. It may be a message for me.

But I think if there is a corporate message, it is that a grand reunion in Heaven awaits us and we just need to rest in God until then, no matter what is going on around us.

@Hidden In Him hey it is encouraging our interpretations were about the same on the corporate dream!

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks I have been thinking this through, and there are a lot of things I could "commit" to. In the dream I felt a little indulgent eating the food, maybe I am getting spiritually fat, feeding my self but not adequately doing the LORD's will.

I think as Christians we all tend to do this at times. :D God's Word is yummy

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joe's crabshack is a seafood restaurant. They are all over the country. This one was on the beach underneath the road. Sadly, there is none in Indiana and I know no Joe. But going to go sing with loved friends that passed away, makes me think about Heaven. I think the gas station represents a time of rest. Hidden told me that once.

As far as the resteraunt goes, it was when we turned the corner from the country road to the beach road that I saw it. I'm unsure yet what that means. It may be a message for me.

But I think if there is a corporate message, it is that a grand reunion in Heaven awaits us and we just need to rest in God until then, no matter what is going on around us.

@Hidden In Him hey it is encouraging our interpretations were about the same on the corporate dream!
ok ... all good...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First I was running around a country road, or block. I then was in a wooden house, in the living area, and there was a set of stairs leading to an upstairs area. It was near a small river, and I thought to my self I hope it does not flood when the river fills up. I then saw an art work that was beside the river, it saw fine art. So I picked it up and look at it. I took it to the art curator who was in the back yard up a small hill, but he did not seem that happy. I wondered whether he had put the art work in the river. I then saw my previous pastor walking toward me. So I went down to the river and there was a whole heap of papers, and other cardboard boxes in the river. And I thought may be these where put here on purpose, and were the other lost art works.

Then I was back in the house and I saw Tod White (an evangelist and pastor), sitting at a table with some one else, who I could not see. And he said something like “my grandmother bought me to Jesus, and taught me to prophecy”. God then spoke and said “You need to bring your son to things the church is doing”. The dream then ended.
I was in the back seat of a car with three of my friends I sang with in a community choir. Looking back on it now, all three of these older ladies had passed away. The one driving was our choir director who died from cancer, but very sweet, Christian lady. She was very happy in this dream and we were driving out in country/pasture land down the road in Florida. We came to the main road where this beautiful sparkling ocean was. She said the place we were singing at was right down the road. We were all very excited. I saw a resteraunt like down below the road "Eat at Joe's" what I always called Joe's crabshack. And was thinking of bringing up eating there afterwards, because it sounded really good. So then we stopped at this gas station to take a rest stop and prepare for our concert. It was all a very peaceful dream. I could feel the warmth of the sun even in my dream and from my friends. I couldn't wait to sing. I woke up as I was going inside the store there at the gas station.

These two also appear to be corporate. The common theme here is spiritual ancestry...

Let me start with FAH's dream, prefaced by the following two posts:
What denomination was your former pastor a part of, and what church are you yourself associated with now.
Answer:

- "First I was running around a country road" = This likely represents your spiritual ancestors in the Assemblies of God, before they founded a church in the region. They were searching in your area for a suitable place to build a church; the church that eventually became a foundation for what your family later joined.

- "I then was in a wooden house, in the living area, and there was a set of stairs leading to an upstairs area." = The "wooden house" here is the church they built, the house of the Lord. More on this later, if necessary.

- "It was near a small river, and I thought to my self I hope it does not flood when the river fills up." = The "river" here is not the Holy Spirit. It is negative, as indicated by the fact that you sensed it would destroy precious works of art. The river represents the passing of time, as when we use the expression "water under the bridge." It refers to time potentially erasing memory of great Pentecostal leaders in your denomination's history; men whose teachings will get "washed away" if they are not preserved in memory.

- "I then saw an art work that was beside the river, it was fine art. So I picked it up and look at it." = "By the river" means it is already in danger of being lost. That you "look at it" means you spend time studying great leaders in that church; those who were fine "works of art" in the eyes of the Lord.

- "I took it to the art curator who was in the back yard up a small hill, but he did not seem that happy. I wondered whether he had put the art work in the river." = The "curator" here is someone in religious or governmental authority who will take a dim view of the early teachings and teachings of the AOG. Up a "small hill" is a reference to authority, as mountains in scripture represented kingdoms, while hills represented lesser institutions of governmental authority. [Edit: Having interpreted the rest of the dreams now, this likely refers to leaders in the Catholic Church, who will eventually assume religious authority over conservative churches in the area].

- "I then saw my previous pastor walking toward me. So I went down to the river and there was a whole heap of papers, and other cardboard boxes in the river. And I thought maybe these where put here on purpose, as were the other lost art works." = Your previous pastor here appears to be presented in a positive light. In "walking toward you," it appears he is someone who still has a knowledge of a "whole heap of papers" and "other lost art works," i.e. he knows what the church used to teach, and he knows about some of the great saints who were once members in it.

- "Then I was back in the house and I saw Todd White (an evangelist and pastor), sitting at a table with some one else, who I could not see. And he said something like “my grandmother bought me to Jesus, and taught me to prophecy”. God then spoke and said “You need to bring your son to things the church is doing”. The dream then ended." = This was the key to the dream. "Back at the house" represents back at the church. Sitting at "a table" generally represents gathering around spiritual food, i.e. discussing the above things I've mentioned. And his reference to his grandmother teaching him prophecy speaks of receiving teaching on operating in the spiritual gifts from your spiritual ancestors in the "house," i.e. the AOG.

The final reference “You need to bring your son to things the church is doing” is likely to the fact that the Lord wants you to show your son what is happening in the church now, so that when changes take place in the future he will understand his spiritual heritage and not depart from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This one also has three of your spiritual ancestors in it, who relate the joy they walked in when abiding in the "warmth of the Sun." Sun is sometimes a play on words for "the Son," i.e. of God. It speaks of abiding in His "warmth," i.e. in His Presence. That you see a "restaurant" that looks really good suggests that the place they ate at spiritually was also good...

I forget what denomination you are or were a part of atm, but in some ways it really doesn't matter. Virtually all denominations were stronger and far more holy in their doctrines and practices than their modern counterparts. In the two-three generations that have passed since then, all have become watered down and are now far more spiritually superficial by comparison.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
- "I then saw an art work that was beside the river, it was fine art. So I picked it up and look at it." = "By the river" means it's in danger of being lost. That you "look at it" means you return to studying the old teachings of the AOG, i.e. the good ones, that were "fine art" in the eyes of the Lord. P.S. This could also represent you studying great leaders in that church; men who were "works of art" in the eyes of the Lord.

I updated this entry with a "P.S.", just in case you didn't see it.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This one also has three of your spiritual ancestors in it, who relate the joy they walked in when abiding in the "warmth of the Sun." Sun is sometimes a play on words for "the Son," i.e. of God. It speaks of abiding in His "warmth," i.e. in His Presence. That you see a "restaurant" that looks really good suggests that the place they ate at spiritually was also good...

I forget what denomination you are or were a part of atm, but in some ways it really doesn't matter. Virtually all denominations were stronger and far more holy in their doctrines and practices than their modern counterparts. In the two-three generations that have passed since then, all have become watered down and are now far more spiritually superficial by comparison.

I was always Baptist. At Teen Challenge it was Assemblies of God, and since then Ive been more non denominational. I have some adopted beliefs on both sides I believe.

But I notice with your interpretation there is a similar thread also about no matter what the denomination, believers are abiding in the Son. We just have to be careful not to follow a watered down Gospel. It definitely is an act of discernment and prayer when studying God's Word. Sort of threads back to the restraunt dreams too in being serious and pointed in studying God's Word and our prayer lives.

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think this is what bothers me about the new church I have been drawn too that is more Assembly of God in nature. I'm unsure about what the old Assembly of God church taught. I didn't enter in to the Holy Spirit gifts of tongues and dreams until the last couple years. What I know is from Teen Challenge basically, and that wasnt the focus in that program. I learned the basics. Now Ill have to pray and study the old Assembly church and what the doctrines taught. I know a lot about my Baptist roots.

Upvote 0