everbecoming2007

Dec 4, 2012
wherever I am at any given moment
✟70,470.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am looking for a Bible, preferably including the apocrypha, divided into 365 reading sections, but I do not want one that goes in chronological order from Genesis straight through Revelation. I already read the Bible more or less in a chronological order last year. I prefer the KJV or something similar, but I will read a more modern text if it is divided into sections for a yearly reading plan, especially an RSV. I appreciate any recommendations.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Holding the Bible and reading from it is a blessing. However, the internet is awash with every book in the Bible, so much so that you can read a chapter at a time or a book at a time, choosing your own rotation. Be blessed as you find your solution!

Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am looking for a Bible, preferably including the apocrypha, divided into 365 reading sections, but I do not want one that goes in chronological order from Genesis straight through Revelation. I already read the Bible more or less in a chronological order last year. I prefer the KJV or something similar, but I will read a more modern text if it is divided into sections for a yearly reading plan, especially an RSV. I appreciate any recommendations.
I would get the One Year Bible. It's cheap and it divides it by Old Testament and New Testament then Psalms and Proverbs. It takes about 15 minutes to complete every day.

Upvote 0

everbecoming2007

Dec 4, 2012
wherever I am at any given moment
✟70,470.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would get the One Year Bible. It's cheap and it divides it by Old Testament and New Testament then Psalms and Proverbs. It takes about 15 minutes to complete every day.

Does it contain the apocrypha? I found a One Year Catholic Bible. It is the New Living Translation which I don't know anything about.

Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does it contain the apocrypha? I found a One Year Catholic Bible. It is the New Living Translation which I don't know anything about.
Oh, I apologize. I missed the part where you asked for the apocrypha. No, I can't help you there, sorry. My advice is to use Amazon or a Christian book site to find what you are looking for. Look for 'yearly devotional Bibles containing apocrypha'

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was looking this up yesterday so here is what I read on wiki about New Living Translation Catholic Edition Bible:

'A Roman Catholic edition of the NLT with the Deuterocanon has been published by ATC Publications in Bangalore, India. The NLT Catholic Edition (NLTCE) has been granted an imprimatur by Oswald Cardinal Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay and President of the Council of Catholic Bishops of India.[10] The imprimatur does not extend to use of the NLTCE in the liturgy, but it has been officially approved by the Roman Catholic Church for private study.'

I like the NLT because it is easy to understand but I must say that every now and then the message has been diluted to the point that it has a different meaning! I can't recall specific verses off the top of my head but it has bothered me in the past.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

everbecoming2007