Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you deal with not hearing from God?
It might be a sign that we need to reflect upon who we have become that makes God displeased with us so that He has to guard us from His burning displeasure; or it might be a sign that what He is saying to us doesn't fit well with our desires and our flesh is preventing us from receiving Him; or it might be that the way we are approaching Him does not dignify Him and He requires us to humble ourselves.. I suppose there could be other reasons too.

In Acts 17:27, St. Paul says that man needs to grope for Him to find Him. Why might this be? It is because God is holy, but man is immersed in a culture that is wicked so he does not know that a holy indignation is a righteous indignation leading to repentance and approval (eg: 2 Corinthians 7:8-12, 1 John 1:9).

Therefore mankind hesitates to trust God because it just does not really know who He is.

"Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence Him. With them alone He makes known the secrets of His covenant" - The Psalmist

This is good food for thought too:

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How do you deal with not hearing from God?

This is from a devotional I've received about not feeling that God is present or listening:

[Sometimes, when life gets hard and barren and it feels like God has disappeared, Christians will say they're in the desert. While we see this as a bad thing, the Bible says the desert is where God lives and speaks. Throughout the Bible we see that the desert is where He spoke to Abraham, Moses, the Isrealites, Isaiah, and on through Jesus. In fact, the Hebrew word for desert is "midbar", which also means "the place of the word." And midbar shares the same root word as "diber", which means the "Holy of Holies."

When we're in the desert or wilderness, we're actually closer to God than ever because in the desert we realize that we need to rely on Him for survival. So don't pray for God to take you out of the desert, instead that you will hear His voice in the desert, and that in your wilderness you will find His presence, grace, and provision.]

Upvote 0

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't expect to hear God's voice. I just want to know why I am in this desert.

My experience is he does not specialize in giving reasons. Having the reasons require little to no faith. Trusting while not knowing is what he continually asks us to do. I hate it as much as you do. Been in a desert for yeeears. (not just singlehood either!)

It has however shaped me. For the better I think.
You may want to decide now about your happiness without knowing the "WHYs".
What if your desert is for 10 more years? How wasteful would it be to go all that time discontented and at odds with God's choice for you? Take heart. He is with you, even in the desert.

"I am assured and know that [God being a partner in my labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for me because I love God and I am called according to [His] design and purpose." —Romans 8:28

"When I am pressed on every side by troubles, I am not crushed and broken. When I am perplexed because I don't know why things happen as they do, I don't give up and quit." —2 Corinthians 4:8​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums