New York City
✟2,905.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- A 33-year-old man in northern Malaysia has married a 104-year-old woman, saying mutual respect and friendship had turned to love, a news report said Tuesday.

It was Muhamad Noor Che Musa's first marriage and his wife's 21st, according to The Star newspaper, which cited a report in the Malay-language Harian Metro tabloid.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/malaysia.wedding.ap/index.html

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I ain't sayin he's a gold digga
But he ain't messin wid no broke n**** :)

"I am not after her money, as she is poor," Muhamad reportedly said. "Before meeting Wook, I never stayed in one place for long."

Ok, ok...

The report did not say if any of Wook's previous 20 husbands are still alive.

Imagine the alimony from 20 husbands! :eek:

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, with 21 marriages, Black Widow is what comes to mind.

Oh, and where's the cries of outrage that this is sick/unnatural/whatever that we usually see when old men marry young women? Why, when she was 80, he was only 9 years old. Pervert.

Upvote 0

Gramaic

Sinophobic
Sep 20, 2005
Greater Los Angeles
✟9,413.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
hernyaccent said:
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) -- A 33-year-old man in northern Malaysia has married a 104-year-old woman, saying mutual respect and friendship had turned to love, a news report said Tuesday.

It was Muhamad Noor Che Musa's first marriage and his wife's 21st, according to The Star newspaper, which cited a report in the Malay-language Harian Metro tabloid.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/malaysia.wedding.ap/index.html

Now that's something we don't hear about every day.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dracil said:

Oh, and where's the cries of outrage that this is sick/unnatural/whatever that we usually see when old men marry young women? Why, when she was 80, he was only 9 years old. Pervert.

That was then, this is now. They're both legal adults now. I congratulate them on their marriage though you have to wonder how long it'll last considering she's already been through 20 previous husbands.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dracil said:

And in the US, this would be legal. But heaven forbid a 17 year old marry an 18 year old.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Janissary said:
Seems a bit weird, but let's not take standpoints from the lack of information we have about the case. After all, Muhammed's happiest marriages happened to be with women of widely differing age than him.

*Sits down, openes soda can and a bucket of popcorn and awaits the first slammings of Muhammed and his "pedophile lifestyle":doh:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Janissary said:
Seems a bit weird, but let's not take standpoints from the lack of information we have about the case. After all, Muhammed's happiest marriages happened to be with women of widely differing age than him.

No offense but I could care less about Mohammed's happiest marriages. Marriages between people of widely varying ages don't often work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
PaladinDoodler said:
No offense but I could care less about Mohammed's happiest marriages. Marriages between people of widely varying ages don't often work.

Define widely varying.

My parents are 11 years apart. Does that count?

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
PaladinDoodler said:

I know, a wide age difference does cause some practical problems. However, one shouldn't generalize. After all, love defies all attempts at rational analysis or cathegorization.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.