• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

30% of Millennials Identify as LGBT

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+45,643
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Whoa. This is what happens when we give up our children to be educated by leftist academics, be entertained by anti-American secularists, marinate them in online leftist indoctrination, and fail to catechize them as to the true teachings of the Church.

This is nothing short of a disaster.

Washington Examiner:

Roughly 30% of millennials in the United States identify as LGBT, according to a recent study conducted by Arizona Christian University.

Among the 30% of millennials who identify as LGBT , 39% of those between the ages of 18 and 24 said they fall into that category, according to the results of the study , which surveyed 600 people between the ages of 18 and 37 and was overseen by George Barna, the school’s Cultural Research Center’s director of research…

Continued below.
    Shock Poll. 30% of Millennials Identify as LGBT. – Creative Minority Report

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+6,118
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Well that should help with the population explosion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Space Monkey

Space Monkey Well-Known Member

+737
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    The youngest millennials are in their early 30s. Most of us are mid 30s and 40s with jobs and kids. The is yet another website that is confused by what a millennial is. What this poll means to say is that most of the 30% of people polled are GEN Z, which is this new young and dumb generation on Tik Tok and in college right now, the generation that is shocking us all more and more every day.

4. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid I guess there's no passing this test! Supporter

+7,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Here's the actual report upon which the OP article is drawing from:

https://www.arizonachristian.edu/wp...ge-Barna-Millennial-Report-2021-FINAL-Web.pdf

What I find most interesting as a central drive within this report is the section titled: The Worldviews Heavily Relied Upon by Generation.

Quote from the article:

“(Millenials) had no intention of becoming lightning rods for social change. They are largely the product of the unaddressed dysfunctions of the generations that came before them...”

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  5. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+7,589
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    I think I remember hearing that this survey was 18-24 year olds, which is an age group in which brains are still developing. I'd be interested to see what this same group thinks in 20 to 30 years. Seems like everybody these days is trying to figure out how they can get in on the alphabet game so that they can be considered victims in the current contest over who is the most oppressed.

6. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+10,413
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    And I guarantee you most of them actually aren't, it's just in vogue to be an alphabet person right now. The bigger the deviant the bigger the celeb you can be in 2021 America.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. bekkilyn

+7,589
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    The "Deviant Behavior" sociology course I took as a university elective some years ago was extremely tame in its depictions compared to what's going on now!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Fenwick

+10,413
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I can only imagine. What sort of university was it? I imagine a secular state university vs. a private religious university would also have comparatively different narratives as to what deviant behavior actually is.

9. bekkilyn

+7,589
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    It was N.C. State University back in the 90's.

10. Fenwick

+10,413
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Ah ok, so not as radicalized as it is today - just like my alma mater.

11. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,720
    Christian

I agree. I also would say that if they polled students in trade schools or out hustling a buck they would get a completely different set of numbers. Most college kids have no idea who they are. the live in a cloistered environment and are surrounded by left thinking professors.

Aa few years back the Boston Globe ran a story about latest generation of College kids in Boston. Boston is a huge college city. The kids were totally clueless and had to be taught not to walk in front of the trolleys and how to wash their clothes. They were so used to the belief the world revolved around them. In Boston the trolleys and cars will simply run you over. This was lost on them.

12. Fenwick

+10,413
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Right the numbers are going to be totally skewed. It's no different than going to Daytona Beach in February and asking how many people there are gearheads. There's such a massive selection bias that the results are completely invalidated.

13. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,720
    Christian

I absolutely agree.

14. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,291
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I’m surprised it’s that low a percentage.