30 % of Evangelicals deny Jesus is God !

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Do they know the Son of God is their Creator ?

Yes, of course the devils know their Creator, the one against whom they rebelled.

However, do these theoretical new converts know that the Son of God is their Creator? Apparently not since they don't believe that Jesus the Christ is God. Makes me wonder why they're putting any amount of trust for salvation into some guy who claims to be the Son of God and yet hasn't the authority to forgive sins or to save anyone (since of course they don't believe he is God.)

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, of course the devils know their Creator, the one against whom they rebelled.

However, do these theoretical new converts know that the Son of God is their Creator? Apparently not since they don't believe that Jesus the Christ is God. Makes me wonder why they're putting any amount of trust for salvation into some guy who claims to be the Son of God and yet hasn't the authority to forgive sins or to save anyone (since of course they don't believe he is God.)
Exactly that was my point with that question. The devils believe who He is yet so-called converts do not. Now that is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Exactly that was my point with that question. The devils believe who He is yet so-called converts do not. Now that is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

Do you believe everyone who says they are saved are indeed saved?

I don't! I have serious doubts of salvation for anyone who has claimed Christ for a period of time, time enough to know better, and deny Jesus Christ is God.

There is no excuse for this, it is plainly written in scripture, in multiple places.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My question is, why does it matter if someone believes that or not, if they believe in God, and Jesus respectively without the understanding of scriptures or other than someone explaining to them?
I like this question. Thanks.
No one has a well developed understanding of doctrine at the moment they surrender their life to God. They know they have a spiritual need and believe God is the answer to that need. No one is saved by doctrine.

And these surveys only prove that Christians (saved Christians) still do not have a well developed understanding of doctrine. Although the surveys may be bogus as well. (more likely)

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one has a well developed understanding of doctrine at the moment they surrender their life to God. They know they have a spiritual need and believe God is the answer to that need. No one is saved by doctrine.

And these surveys only prove that Christians (saved Christians) still do not have a well developed understanding of doctrine. Although the surveys may be bogus as well. (more likely)
We cannot separate salvation from God our Savior. He was God at His birth, during His ministry and confessed as God by all His followers.

Matthew 1:23
The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

Matthew 2:1-2
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Matthew 2:11
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

• Winner
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Why does it matter ?

Because Jesus and the Apostles said it matters.

A false god cannot save anyone, an idol cannot save anyone, a false christ cannot save anyone, a false gospel of works cannot save anyone.

A persons faith is only as good as the object of that faith. In other words only faith in the Real God, the Real Jesus, the Real Gospel can save one from their sins.

It matters because ones eternal destiny hinges on it.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We cannot separate salvation from God our Savior. He was God at His birth, during His ministry and confessed as God by all His followers.
I wasn't separating Jesus from salvation, I was separating doctrine.

Saint Steven said:

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does it matter ?

Because Jesus and the Apostles said it matters.

A false god cannot save anyone, an idol cannot save anyone, a false christ cannot save anyone, a false gospel of works cannot save anyone.

A persons faith is only as good as the object of that faith. In other words only faith in the Real God, the Real Jesus, the Real Gospel can save one from their sins.

It matters because ones eternal destiny hinges on it.

hope this helps !!!
Right. (not)
A cult is easy to identify... it's the Christian church across the street from your church.
And they feel the same way about you.

No one is saved by doctrine. They are a saved by an encounter with God. Which is never a class on doctrine. It's a one-on-one meeting about a restored relationship. Eventually it will happen to everyone. Then the restoration will be universal. It's not about doctrine.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

@Agallagher
When I re-read this, I was thinking about Saul on the road to Damascus. (the Apostle Paul)
He had his doctrine all wrong at the moment of his encounter with Jesus. So, he certainly wasn't saved by doctrine. He had to straighten that out later. Initially it didn't matter. And for many, they never get it totally right. We send our Pastors to college to get it right. Often times that doesn't work so well either. And they would be the first to admit it.

And frankly, there is a wide range of doctrinal understanding in Christianity. Various churches and denominations hold differing opinions on the gray issues.

The most beautiful thing I see in the church, is when these various groups gather in unity as Christians and lay their differences aside. Divisive polls work against unity in the body. What is the point of a four-point Calvinist claiming a five-point Calvinist is lost? Doctrinal hair-splitting. Why are we doing this? Who benefits in the end. (Mark 3:25)

1 Corinthians 3:4-6
For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?
5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So a person must confess Jesus is YHWH(Lord) to be saved. Confess means to agree with so the person confessing Jesus is Lord is in agreement that He is YHWH. Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord ( YHWH) will be saved.

hope this helps !!!

If a person does not believe that Jesus is the Christ, they are an anti-christ.

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

So what kind of saved are you speaking about.

Saved as in receiving Eternal Life, does not require a person to confess. It requires a person to believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah and trust in Jesus for the free gift of eternal life.

Saved as in a physical deliverance, of a believer requires confession by the believer. An audible cry out to God for help from God or for God to not punish a repent believer if they have repented.

Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Why Confess Christ? The Use and Abuse of Romans 10:9-10 | Bible.org

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right. (not)
A cult is easy to identify... it's the Christian church across the street from your church.
And they feel the same way about you.

No one is saved by doctrine. They are a saved by an encounter with God. Which is never a class on doctrine. It's a one-on-one meeting about a restored relationship. Eventually it will happen to everyone. Then the restoration will be universal. It's not about doctrine.
No one is saved not knowing who God is either. That is a misplaced faith is whoever or whatever a person conjures up in their own mind. Gods word is clear who Jesus is- Savior,Lord and God.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother,@Jesus is YHWH

To you, why does that matter?

Just because someone doesn't say Jesus is God but is the Lord Jesus Christ?

Would you say if someone just believes that Jesus Christ is not God, that they are lesser than someone who says Jesus Christ is God?

Good Day, Agallagher

Lesser no, but a heretic absolutely.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't separating Jesus from salvation, I was separating doctrine.

Saint Steven said:

What does these passage mean ?

Psalm 37:39
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD:

Psalm 62:1
In God alone my soul finds rest; my salvation comes from Him.

Jonah 2:9
Salvation is of the LORD.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus claimed to be God. John 8:24,58, Revelation 1:8,17; 22:13

The Apostles called Him God- Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1,11; 1 John 5:20

hope this helps!!!

I think you made many false claims in that. For example, John 8:24,58 doesn’t have Jesus saying “I am God”. Also, according to the Bible, disciples of Jesus can forgive sins.

Whoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven them. Whoever's sins you retain, they have been retained."
John 20:23

Disciples of Jesus can also be called children of God.

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name:
John 1:12

Jesus has the authority that he has, because God has given it to Jesus.

Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
Matt. 28:18

Turning to the disciples, he said, "All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is, except the Father, and who the Father is, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son desires to reveal him."
Luke 10:22

For, "He put all things in subjection under his feet." But when he says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that he is excepted who subjected all things to him. When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all. Or else what will they do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead aren't raised at all, why then are they baptized for the dead?
1 Cor. 15:27-29

And I think it is also good to know, according to Jesus, he speaks what God has commanded him to speak.

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.
John 7:16-17

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don't seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

And when I have to choose do I believe Jesus or you, I choose Jesus, sorry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think you made many false claims in that. For example, John 8:24,58 doesn’t have Jesus saying “I am God”. Also, according to the Bible, disciples of Jesus can forgive sins.

Whoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven them. Whoever's sins you retain, they have been retained."
John 20:23

Disciples of Jesus can also be called children of God.

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name:
John 1:12

Jesus has the authority that he has, because God has given it to Jesus.

Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
Matt. 28:18

Turning to the disciples, he said, "All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is, except the Father, and who the Father is, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son desires to reveal him."
Luke 10:22

For, "He put all things in subjection under his feet." But when he says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that he is excepted who subjected all things to him. When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all. Or else what will they do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead aren't raised at all, why then are they baptized for the dead?
1 Cor. 15:27-29

And I think it is also good to know, according to Jesus, he speaks what God has commanded him to speak.

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.
John 7:16-17

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don't seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

And when I have to choose do I believe Jesus or you, I choose Jesus, sorry.
And when I have to choose do I believe Jesus or you, I choose Jesus and the Apostles sorry.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is saved not knowing who God is either. That is a misplaced faith is whoever or whatever a person conjures up in their own mind. Gods word is clear who Jesus is- Savior,Lord and God.
With that in mind, here's a parody on the salvation experience.

The repentant: "Dear God, I know I am a sinner and I need you to save me." (sob)
The response: "There are quite a few of us here. Could you be more specific? Which God?"

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does these passage mean ?

Psalm 37:39
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD:

Psalm 62:1
In God alone my soul finds rest; my salvation comes from Him.

Jonah 2:9
Salvation is of the LORD.
Your question has serious grammatical issues. But I think it means no one is saved by doctrine. Did I nail it? (hope so)

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your question has serious grammatical issues. But I think it means no one is saved by doctrine. Did I nail it? (hope so)
I see you refuse to answer a simple question yet ask me questions every single post.

Salvation is of the Lord, who is the Lord ?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you refuse to answer a simple question yet ask me questions every single post.

Salvation is of the Lord, who is the Lord ?
I think God knows who he is.

Did you see my salvation experience parody in post #157 ?
Here it is again.

With that in mind, here's a parody on the salvation experience.

The repentant: "Dear God, I know I am a sinner and I need you to save me." (sob)
The response: "There are quite a few of us here. Could you be more specific? Which God?"

Upvote 0