Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
$30 Million in Illegal Drugs Seized From Cross-Border Tunnel in San Diego, U.S. Says

Federal agents seized $29.6 million worth of illegal drugs from a tunnel used by smugglers to enter San Diego from Mexico, a cross-border passageway so sophisticated that it had ventilation, lighting and an underground rail system, the authorities said on Tuesday.

The tunnel’s entrance was not far from a newly constructed section of the border wall that President Trump visited last September in the Otay Mesa section of San Diego.

The stockpile of drugs included 1,300 pounds of cocaine, 86 pounds of methamphetamine, 17 pounds of heroin, 3,000 pounds of marijuana and more than two pounds of fentanyl, the San Diego Tunnel Task Force said.

The task force is made up of agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Drug Enforcement Administration and Border Patrol, which said the 2,000-foot-long tunnel was discovered on March 19.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump announces enhanced counternarcotics operation at coronavirus briefing

Trump administration officials announced Wednesday that the U.S. military would send naval ships and aircraft to the Caribbean as part of an enhanced counternarcotics operation.

President Trump and other top officials discussed the operation at the top of a White House coronavirus briefing Wednesday evening. Trump said it was important not to let drug cartels "exploit the pandemic to threaten American lives."

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the Pentagon would deploy additional ships, aircraft and security forces to the U.S. Southern Command area of responsibility as part of the operation.

"At a time when the nation and the Department of Defense are focused on protecting the American people from the spread from the coronavirus, we also remain vigilant to the many other threats the country faces," Esper told reporters.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's dreadful how these organized criminals are flooding our countries with drugs and they are thinking of new ways to smuggle drugs in to avoid detection. Same thing is happening here in my country - Australia. These drug dealers are the worst kind of parasite around.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Same thing is happening here in my country - Australia. These drug dealers are the worst kind of parasite around.

They don't care about how lives they destroy as they are making their money.

There are only two fathers
One up above
and one down below.

We know who they follow.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

But, I thought the wall was going to stop all those drugs from 'pouring' into our country. San Diego literally has about the strongest wall of the entire border. Much of it the new wall that was approved and built during the Trump administration. Surely we weren't lied to about the effectiveness of our 'big, beautiful wall'. The story even notes that the opening of the tunnel was near the new wall section.

I quote from another article: The tunnel was built near a vaunted double-layered border wall constructed under President Trump’s watch, illustrating the limitations of such barriers against sophisticated drug-smuggling organizations. https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/cross-border-tunnel-used-to-smuggle-drugs-found-in-san-diego/

This story says that the average depth of the tunnel was 31'. That's the depth of a 3 story building underground! We should probably reconsider how deep we want to put the footers for the new wall if we're intending to use the wall to stop underground drug smuggling. I'd be curious to know how long the tunnel had been in existence.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi MM,
But, I thought the wall was going to stop all those drugs from 'pouring' into our country.

San Diego literally has about the strongest wall of the entire border. Much of it the new wall that was approved and built during the Trump administration. Surely we weren't lied to about the effectiveness of our 'big, beautiful wall'. The story even notes that the opening of the tunnel was near the new wall section.

I quote from another article: The tunnel was built near a vaunted double-layered border wall constructed under President Trump’s watch, illustrating the limitations of such barriers against sophisticated drug-smuggling organizations. https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/cross-border-tunnel-used-to-smuggle-drugs-found-in-san-diego/

This story says that the average depth of the tunnel was 31'. That's the depth of a 3 story building underground! We should probably reconsider how deep we want to put the footers for the new wall if we're intending to use the wall to stop underground drug smuggling. I'd be curious to know how long the tunnel had been in existence.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Wall?
As you know Ted.
Only meant to help stop the flow.
M-Bob

Upvote 0