Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have fears at times and distresses. yet our dear God is faithful and he alwasys sets us free,.
It often is the case that the fearful affliction is the means of a new deeper closer experience of the Lord.
Fear causes us to pray and thus prayer brings us close to God.

Psalm 34:4​
I prayed to the LORD and he answered me he freed me from all my fears​

Reactions: Evie1980
Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 126:1​
When the LORD brought back those that returned to Zion we were like unto them that dream​

The Lord is God He Exalts and humbles He is Lord. Is it not possible that some of our minute and feeble dreams should come true? Doesnt He care for us as He did Israel? Yes He does because we have been adopted into that family of blessing. We are those grafted into the vine of Israel because of Jesus. We are under His protection and blessing. I dream those dreams yes ones may be of love and closeness to someone special, could not such dreams become reality? Yes because I in the blessing of Gods hand I believe they can, and will. God is my and our Friend, shoud we say "if I really want it I wont get it and if I dont bother I am sure to get it"? No not so, if God be for us well who can be against us? It is in gods hand to give and take away and it is for us to ask and love and worship Him what ever the result may be.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟18,973.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey John,
Again awesome post. The hardest thing is letting go unto God all that we desire. I know now that God only wants the best for me and sometimes I confuse what is best for me with what I want. Like a child looking at my own needs in the moment and when they don't recieve what they want, resolve it with an uncaring attitude towards both God and the desires themselves.

However, last night as I would doing my daily devotional "Streams in the Desert" Mrs C. Cowman (1928 pg April 24) I read this
'Dr Payson, when a young man, wrote as follows, to an aged mother, burdened with intense anxiety on ths condition of her own son: "You give yourself too much trouble about him. After you have prayed for him, as you hav done, and committed him to God, should you not cease to feel anxious respecting him? The command 'Be careful for nothing,' is unlimited; and so is the expression, 'Casting all your care on him.' If we cast our burdens on another, can they continue to press upon us? If we bring them away with us from the throne of grace, it is evidence we do not leave them there. With respect to myself, I have made this one test of my prayers: if after committing anything to God, I can, like Hannah, come away and have my mind no more sad, my heart no more pained or anxious, I look upon it as proof that U have prayed in faith; but, if I bring my burden, I conclude that faith was not in exercise."'

This was and is my greatest comfort. To know that I have left every care that I have before the throne of God and have walked away with the certainty that I no longer care for my burdens, is the greatest joy any one person can have. And thus I prayed -
Dear LORD God,
I commit my burdens to You. I will not ask for them back. I will await your reply. I will not change what I have asked to make it "easier". I will not take control and fix them myself. I will wait for You. I pray to You knowing You will answer me. I pray to You with faith. For according to Your word You will answer me and You will provide.

Last night I left my burdens with Him and tonight I will do the same.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like this part "I commit my burdens to You. I will not ask for them back. I will await your reply. I will not change what I have asked to make it "easier".
The Lord will hold our hand and bless us by the experience :) Evie

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
I think that is the key to how I must deal wit my current problem of sexual temptation. I have already shown I can't fight it. So aside from getting rid of any sources of temptation, I should not engage in this battle but instead get awy from it as much as I can mentally and let God sort it out.

But aside from that aspect I am of mixed emotions about what to do with God's promises to me. I mean the promises are what have encouraged me, but in some way they are also tied to my burdens. I do not have enough faith to cling to God just because He is God, instead I am clinging to His promises. I know this is not ideal, but I don't know how to do it otherwise. Also if I let go of the promises, am I discarding God's word. It is very confusing. And since God has spoken to me and confirmed that He has promised me, what should I do. I don't know if letting go is wise for I know then how the devil will attack me. Whatever the case, I will call upon and serve God. I may be weak, prone to this or that temptation, but I will serve the Lord my God as best as I am able.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟18,973.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I think that is the key to how I must deal wit my current problem of sexual temptation. I have already shown I can't fight it. So aside from getting rid of any sources of temptation, I should not engage in this battle but instead get awy from it as much as I can mentally and let God sort it out.

You know your not alone when you struggle with this or any other form of temptation. As you well know that I am far from perfect and you only know the beginning of the story! So respect is given to you to be able to freely talk about the things that burden you. I know how hard it is even with my Christian brothers and sisters.

I have fought many battles with temptation and still have many to fight. My main one was smoking. I dreamed I was smoking last night. It was a very strange dream but still I was smoking away. Although it is hard to admit, smoking is still apart of me (even though I have not smoked in over 2 years). The struggle is hard. I face it many days especially when I visited family who smoke. It is hard to stand in front of them knowing that they were the ones who taught you to do the thing that took you all that was in you to quit.

And yet, even in this I am grateful that I had the chance to overcome an addiction. I have more compassion, more understanding, more comprehension of what it is like to overcome yourself and the desires of your own body and mind. If I had never had the chance to quit smoking I would be sitting on the overside never fully grasping just how hard temptation is and just how hard you have to work to give up something you may in fact enjoy or at least rely upon to give you a sense of hope and/or joy. Also by going through such an experience as my own I have learnt to rely solely on God's mercy to be able to forgive myself. My journey to where I am today is not exactly the path meant to be. As they say I can tell you stories....:eek:

But God's grace is sufficient and a big part that I learnt through this is if God can forgive me then I can forgive myself. Temptation is part of everyones life if you like it or not. Yes, you should not lead yourself into temptation however know that God will deliver you from it. There are things you will need to do, battles you will need to fight but remember God will always be with you in it as well as He provide a way out if you are willing to ask for it.

Hope this is helpful...

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟18,973.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I do not have enough faith to cling to God just because He is God, instead I am clinging to His promises. I know this is not ideal, but I don't know how to do it otherwise. Also if I let go of the promises, am I discarding God's word. It is very confusing. And since God has spoken to me and confirmed that He has promised me, what should I do. I don't know if letting go is wise for I know then how the devil will attack me.

I wanted to answer this seperately because it is a very valuable insight into one of the struggles that I had to face. You see, God is His promises. Just as a man is his actions, words and body, so God is in part what He says He is and that includes His promises. Gods actions are a part of what makes Him our God. You can hold onto God's promises and still be holding onto Him. You can't seperate the two. God is His word.

Think of it this way - I only know John (Songz) through his posts here and our discussions online. His words here are how I know him. I have never met him though I really would like to one day only because I know him to be a kind, faithful, caring, considerate Christian man. His words tell me this. His world tell me this is a man worthy of my attention, some worth meeting. This is the same way I know God. I know God through His power, through His promises, through His love and through His Son. All of this is written in His word. If I disregard God's word and promises how would I know He was the God worthy of worship? To hold on to God's promises is as important as holding onto Him. Abraham held onto his promise, Noah held onto his promise, Joseph help onto his promise, Moses held onto his promise, Hannah held onto hers, Paul held onto his... many times for these people a promise is all they had to hold onto and that promise saw them through all the trials they had to face.

Don't let go of God's promises. If God has promised you something cling to it with all your might. If God says it will happen then it will. For God is a God of love, mercy, compassion and promise. He is who He is. He will make away where there seems to be no way. He makes dreams come to pass that seem impossible. That is why He is a God worthy of worship and praise.

God bless.

Reactions: silentpoet
Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
That is just what I needed to hear. I am really trying to have faith but it is such hard going. Of those who know me and my situation in real life I am the only one who believes it can still happen. I guess my prayer to God where I asked Him to answer me in such a way that people could not deny it was God doing it instead of me is still being answered. And hopefully one day soon I will be able to share my celebration with all you who have helped me, prayed for me, and encouraged me along the way.

Speaking of that prayer I sort of had a funny day dream where I saw a bright light in the sky over the city and a loud voice speaking that everybody in the city could hear. Now I don't think that is how God will work it out, but I do think He was trying to reassure me that He would if that is what it took to keep His word. That is sort of the feeling I got anyway. It is so hard though to hang onto those moments when my mind considers the situation. Which is why encouragement like you have given me this morning is so important. Because you have strengthened my heart I say God bless you.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SP Evie has spoken kind and true words. I agree also and I want to share with you the aspect of faith concerning my God and me. You see I do love Him dearly yet at times He allows me to be tried and even to seem distant from me, All hope seems lost of a dear woman of God to share life with BUT faith comes into action.
I say "Lord no matter even if you didnt want to bless me, even if you disliked me ( He does love me) no matter how much You oh Lord really could loath to give me a blessing I know and You know taht You Oh Lord cannot back out. You know Oh Lord that You have to keep Your promise i know You have to because it is in Your very nature to be true and so I know Lord You will answer and honour my faith even though seem so hard to me and seem to favour others above me"

Faith says No matter how I feel you oh God are faithful I trust in your word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Word 4 2 Day

"Eye has not seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for those who love him"

Our life is in Gods hands, He has set the bounds of all that happens to us. We know we shall have sadness and trials in our life. BUT He has also set before us an INMEASURABLE list of blessings! Its now April, and we can look forward to seeing what wonderful things God will do for us in the nect 9 months. I cant wait to see.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟18,973.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Because you have strengthened my heart I say God bless you.

That He does, everyday of my life (even when I don't even realise it). Thank you and God bless you as well.

You know your post did bless me as well. It reminded me of a promise I made a long time ago based on a dream. It was weird but something I need to pray about...

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Singles Encouragement.

Time for things to happen.

Jeremiah 1:11 “The word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what do you see ? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.

Here we have young Jeremiah being given signs and indications of what was soon going to happen. God says “what do you see”? Well he saw this rod of an almond tree.

Jeremiah 1:12 “The LORD said to me, you have seen well for I will hasten my word to perform it.

You see the Almond tree is the first to blossom and bring forth fruit. It starts while other trees are locked up by winter cold and brings fruit when others are just budding. God works when we least expect it, when all other things around us seemed locked up by “winter cold”.

For you God could be saying “LOOK around you and see, are there any signs that I am going to soon work for you”

What changes have been happening in your life that you have not even noticed?

What circumstances have began to alter for you? Have you changed and have not realized it?

SEACRCH your heart, your out look, your circumstances, even your personality, attitudes, etc
Has any thing began to happen? Because may be without knowing it there have been things happening that indicate God will soon act.

During the winter cold of your life’s circumstances God has been quietly working away and you haven’t noticed the buds of hope and flowers of fruit.

Have a look around it may be you will notice several changes that could indicate that God is about to PERFORM His word to you!

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
That reminds me of an experience I had once. There is a highway I drive fairly regularly, at least once a month or more often. Alot of the land is forrested. Well it was about this time of year or a little earlier. Like I said I had probably driven through there maybe a couple of weeks before and it was not really looking very alive. But this time I was struck by all the GREEN. It was a reminder that the winter can be so long we forget what spring is like. And it was also a reminder that spring does come.

I am hopeful and doubtful about spring coming. Winter has been so long that I am unsure of spring. But I will choose as much as I am able to believe in spring. And by spring I mean all the promises of God.

Speaking of signs I may have gotten one yesterday, but I did not realize it until I came home this morning. It may or may not be a sign. If it is, God's blessing may be sooner than I think.

Reactions: songz777
Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Winter has been so long that I am unsure of spring. But I will choose as much as I am able to believe in spring. And by spring I mean all the promises of God.

Yes SP I know winter can be long. even natural winters can be longer than we expected, but the spring will be more precious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 43:18​
" ..See I am doing a new thing, now it springs up and do you not percieve it?.."​

Often God works silently and we do not even notice it. God does new things in our lifes and we dont notice it. Here we read this snippet of the v18 I Am doing a NEW thing! We need at times to sit back and look at our lives and see if there are things happening that indicate Gods NEW work in our lives. Just like the Almond tree it suddenly blossoms when everything else is dead and asleep.

Reactions: silentpoet
Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
I think tht is very true. God is often at work and I don't really notice it. Though lately there has been alot I have noticed. God is really at work. However I do believe that for God to fulfill His promises to me there must be much going on that I cannot see/hear. Because God's promises are very specific about a wife for me there must be much going on in her life as well in order to bring us together. I just don't know what exactly and I must confess that worries me. But I am getting better about my worries and trusting God. And if God has promised then it will happen regardless of any obstacles or any of my worries.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think tht is very true. God is often at work and I don't really notice it. Though lately there has been alot I have noticed. God is really at work. However I do believe that for God to fulfill His promises to me there must be much going on that I cannot see/hear. Because God's promises are very specific about a wife for me there must be much going on in her life as well in order to bring us together. I just don't know what exactly and I must confess that worries me. But I am getting better about my worries and trusting God. And if God has promised then it will happen regardless of any obstacles or any of my worries.
Yes Trust isnt easy ot means letting go and trusting God to catch you but trust honours God, :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟18,973.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I just don't know what exactly and I must confess that worries me. But I am getting better about my worries and trusting God. And if God has promised then it will happen regardless of any obstacles or any of my worries.

Yes, Silentpoet you are right. God's promises will be fulfilled. It is hard when you can't see how it is supposed to work out. I love the show Numb3rs however, life is not as simple as a mathematical equation. 1 + 1 doesn't always = 2 in my world. I just have to trust that my Creator knows what He is doing. There is no other way for it to be.

But believe me when I say I know your pain. At the moment there is a lot of doubt and uncertainty. And knowing my life to date, I am sure that I will end up in the place I least expected. Last time I headed to work in Canberra I ended up in Seoul. As I am now headed to work in Melbourne I think that I may make it somewhere totally different :confused: But God blessed my time in Korea and He will bless my time where I end up next...

God bless

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Singles Encouragement.

You are an example.
Part 1

Ezekiel 24:16 “Son of man, see, I am taking away the desire of your eyes by disease: but let there be no sorrow or weeping or drops running from your eyes”

The “desire” of Ezekiel’s eyes was his wife. God was allowing his wife to finally die. Ezekiel wasn’t even allowed to mourn loudly, he has to be quiet.

Ezekiel 24:24 “And Ezekiel will be a sign to you; everything he has done you will do: when this takes place, you will be certain that I am the Lord”

The reason for all this suffering was that he was to be an example to the sinful nation around, and God would speak through Ezekiel’s sadness.
How about us, after all that’s a bit of a harsh passage?

Well in life there are often people, men and woman who are chosen by God to be denied the normal blessing for a while that others have had.

These people have been chosen God for special suffering and denial of hearts desires for the blessing of others in a future date.

Joseph was denied his teenage years and twenties by being a slave and imprisoned, to rescue a nation from starvation.

Hannah was denied children at the desired time, to give a child away for a spiritual revival.

Job was smitten and afflicted and deprived of health and family comfort so that we could see behind the

Upvote 0