Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the Book of Revelation, John tells the story of a voice emanating from a large white throne, a voice that proclaims many things, among them the words, “Behold, I make all things new” (21:5). This voice of God, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, tells us that with him, there is newness of life. There is newness of hope. There is newness of being.

It is hard not to think of those words at the dawning of a new year. Everything is ripe with newness, brimming with potential. This is the year, we tell ourselves, that we’ll get into shape, write that novel, master our organizational skills or declutter the house. Maybe we’ll learn a new language or take that trip we’ve had mentally planned for a decade. These are all noble goals. I, myself, have many of them — though I am much better at ideating my New Year’s resolutions than I am at executing them.

Too often, all the potential of the newness of the year devolves into a list of basic goals — boxes to be checked to mark any number of worldly accomplishments. We forget that God has already made all things new. By nature of our baptism, we have been given the life of grace. We need now but to cooperate with it in order to reach our goal of life with God forever in heaven.

Maybe this is where the goals of our new year and the goals of the spiritual life overlap. How can we take the newness of the season and the gift of God’s grace and embrace them in tandem?

Continued below.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fr. Cedric Pisegna posted this New Year's message on Facebook ...
(I thought it was pretty cute! :airplane: )

Hello All! Welcome to Flight #2023. We are prepared to take off into a brand new year. Please make sure your Attitude and Blessings are secured and locked in an upright position. All self-destructive devices should be turned off at this time. All negativity, hurt and discouragement should be put away. Should we lose altitude under pressure, during the flight, reach up and pull down a Prayer. Prayers will automatically be activated by Faith. Once your Faith is activated you can assist other passengers. There will be NO BAGGAGE allowed on this flight. The Captain (GOD) has cleared us for takeoff. Destination GREATNESS. Repost and book your flight!!!

Happy New Year!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fr. Cedric Pisegna posted this New Year's message on Facebook ...
(I thought it was pretty cute! :airplane: )

Hello All! Welcome to Flight #2023. We are prepared to take off into a brand new year. Please make sure your Attitude and Blessings are secured and locked in an upright position. All self-destructive devices should be turned off at this time. All negativity, hurt and discouragement should be put away. Should we lose altitude under pressure, during the flight, reach up and pull down a Prayer. Prayers will automatically be activated by Faith. Once your Faith is activated you can assist other passengers. There will be NO BAGGAGE allowed on this flight. The Captain (GOD) has cleared us for takeoff. Destination GREATNESS. Repost and book your flight!!!

Happy New Year!
That’s really cute! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0