✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1 The Right - this is usually too far to the right because the nature of business now pulls to the right, and because it is easy to be logically consistent in the Republican camp, consistent but not correct.

2 The Middle - it would be good to find a candidate who doesn't advocate at least 3 weird policies.

3 The Wrong - two candidates propose blowing so much money that the situation if either lasted 2 terms would be unrecoverable. Has any country in history ever done anything so self-destructive?

(edit: added the word 'anything')

Last edited:

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
1 The Right - this is usually too far to the right because the nature of business now pulls to the right, and because it is easy to be logically consistent in the Republican camp, consistent but not correct.

2 The Middle - it would be good to find a candidate who doesn't advocate at least 3 weird policies.

3 The Wrong - two candidates propose blowing so much money that the situation if either lasted 2 terms would be unrecoverable. Has any country in history ever done so self-destructive?
Are you aware of how many trillions have been injected into the us since, say the 90s? Multiple trillions...and it just seems to be a totally acceptable cycle.

Toss 4 trillion American and Venezuela and they'd be doing fine too

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You left out the religious extremist element which is now part and parcel of the Right in this country.

Dream on.

3 The Wrong - two candidates propose blowing so much money that the situation if either lasted 2 terms would be unrecoverable. Has any country in history ever done so self-destructive?
It's not a question of blowing too much money but what it's being spent on. We're already blowing too much money.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You left out the religious extremist element which is now part and parcel of the Right in this country.
No moreso than the religious left, except that it isn't labelled and stereotyped all the time by those who hate or fear those people.

Indeed, any fair-minded observer of the religious scene in the USA over the past, say, forty years or so knows very well that religious liberalism (along with its political implications) has taken hold of most mainline denominations.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Has any country in history ever done so self-destructive?
While I do think America is on the paths to self destruction I don’t think it for the reason you suggest.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No moreso than the religious left, except that it isn't labelled and stereotyped all the time by those who hate or fear those people.

Indeed, any fair-minded observer of the religious scene in the USA over the past, say, forty years or so knows very well that religious liberalism (along with its political implications) has taken hold of most mainline denominations.
What do you mean by "religious liberalism?"

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Theological innovation and latitudinarianism (alternative theologies, subjection of the sacred to the secular, fluid cultural norms, intolerance towards any who dissent, etc.) along with the political implications that extend from them.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you aware of how many trillions have been injected into the us since, say the 90s? Multiple trillions...and it just seems to be a totally acceptable cycle.

Toss 4 trillion American and Venezuela and they'd be doing fine too

Why doesn't Venezuela inject trillions into its economy as the US has done to its then? I mean if it is just that easy and that simple what is stopping Venezuela? Does the Venezuelan government not want Venezuela to prosper? If so why would that be?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Theological innovation and latitudinarianism (alternative theologies, subjection of the sacred to the secular, fluid cultural norms, intolerance towards any who dissent, etc.) along with the political implications that extend from them.

Many denominations were politically active for left wing political causes for decades before the religious right was ever heard of.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Many denominations were politically active for left wing political causes for decades before the religious right was ever heard of.

A tentative 'okay' to that...but I am not getting the intended point of the post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay...but I am not getting the point of that post.

I was attempting to expand upon what I see as religious liberalism. Perhaps you only see it as theological? Many of those that constantly complain about religious denominations on the right becoming involved with politics never seem to be the least concerned with denominations political involvement from the left or, more likely they just pretend it doesn't happen and ask "What do you mean?"

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was attempting to expand upon what I see as religious liberalism. Perhaps you only see it as theological?
Definitely not.

Many of those that constantly complain about religious denominations on the right becoming involved with politics never seem to be the least concerned with denominations political involvement from the left or, more likely they just pretend it doesn't happen and ask "What do you mean?"

:oldthumbsup:

Thanks! That was my guess, but I thought there was a chance I was misreading the post.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why doesn't Venezuela inject trillions into its economy as the US has done to its then? I mean if it is just that easy and that simple what is stopping Venezuela? Does the Venezuelan government not want Venezuela to prosper? If so why would that be?
because they can't inject American dollars because they can't afford them?

Whereas y'all can just print off more money any time you want.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
because they can't inject American dollars because they can't afford them?

Whereas y'all can just print off more money any time you want.

Venezuela can print their own money any time they want as well.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They don’t happen to have the World’s fiat-currency.
The world runs on DOLLARS.
The USA has a monopoly on PRINTING Greenbacks (or otherwise creating sums) out of thin air.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They don’t happen to have the World’s fiat-currency.
The world runs on DOLLARS.
The USA has a monopoly on PRINTING (or otherwise creating sums) out of thin air.

No monopoly just an idiotic penchant for it in recent years. Other countries have and do and will engage in that practice, usually to the detriment of their citizens. The point is that printing money does not actually produce anything so it does not in any way cause economic prosperity. Only by producing tangible things can an economy prosper. The printing of money is supposed to encourage demand for tangible things. The problem then arises that there will be more diluted amounts of money available than tangible things available to be purchased and therefore either the prices will rise to the point that people no longer will demand those tangible things they can possibly live without or, especially if a government decides to fix prices, the supply will shrink to the point that no one can get them. Meanwhile the things that no one can live without will also either be priced up to the point that many people will end up dying for not being able to afford them or people will be unable to purchase them as enough of them to satisfy the demand will not exist. That is why Venezuela cannot just print their way to prosperity and why the US cannot become one bit more prosperous by printing money.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bolivar has no value.

You know that right?

Well it has very little value. Do you know why it has very little value? If printing up trillions of a currency created economic value then it would easily gain value by printing up trillions of bolivars .Yet printing more bolivars does not seem to have done the trick. It has no value because Venezuela's economy, which was very good not all that long ago, has nosedived. That nosedive seems to be connected to something that has happened in Venezuela. I wonder what that might be?

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0