• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3 months free!

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday I made 3 months, after a 17 year addiction. I have never made it this far. Closest I've been to is 2 months-2 1/2 months but even so there was p-subs. But not this time! No compromise! Friends it hasn't been easy but I am definitely thankful to God that I am moving forward from this. Here are a few benefits I experienced.

More joy
More self-control
More desire for God and His Word
More desire for holiness
More motivation to grow and inspire others who are struggling in this area

Friends, if you are presently struggling. There is hope for you. I don't care how many times you relapse, what I care about is how many times you bounced back! Persevere! Move forward! Onward! All in the pursuit of knowing Christ! Remember that, it is more than breaking a bad habit, it is about pursuing Christ. Let that pursuit be so great that it leaves no room for everything else.

Also keep this in mind, "craving is not a command". I heard someone say this and it definitely spoke to me. Just because you have an urge at the moment, doesn't mean you have to go with it. Difficult? Yes. But not impossible. Realize the inevitability of temptation and counteract against it. If you wait until you watching p-subs or you're already on inappropriate content. Then you are more prone to fall. Call someone, ask for prayer, stay off media, get a inappropriate content blocker. Give no place for this! It does not have the privilege in the life of a believer.

"Consider yourselves dead to sin, and alive to God in Christ" -Romans 6:11
This is only possible through the gospel. What God has done through Christ. Therefore, you are already free by justification. Now, it's time to walk in sanctification. Sadly, no of this matters in many churches today ,where holiness, purity, righteousness is obsolete. But friends, God has called us to be holy as He is holy. We are to walk in the light as He is light! In short, walk in light of who God is! We all need God so that we may grow closer to Him. Let us seek Him always as He is our Life. Friends, be encouraged today. Continued prayers for me and I pray for you as well.

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I made 3 months, after a 17 year addiction. I have never made it this far. Closest I've been to is 2 months-2 1/2 months but even so there was p-subs. But not this time! No compromise! Friends it hasn't been easy but I am definitely thankful to God that I am moving forward from this. Here are a few benefits I experienced.

More joy
More self-control
More desire for God and His Word
More desire for holiness
More motivation to grow and inspire others who are struggling in this area

Friends, if you are presently struggling. There is hope for you. I don't care how many times you relapse, what I care about is how many times you bounced back! Persevere! Move forward! Onward! All in the pursuit of knowing Christ! Remember that, it is more than breaking a bad habit, it is about pursuing Christ. Let that pursuit be so great that it leaves no room for everything else.

Also keep this in mind, "craving is not a command". I heard someone say this and it definitely spoke to me. Just because you have an urge at the moment, doesn't mean you have to go with it. Difficult? Yes. But not impossible. Realize the inevitability of temptation and counteract against it. If you wait until you watching p-subs or you're already on inappropriate content. Then you are more prone to fall. Call someone, ask for prayer, stay off media, get a inappropriate content blocker. Give no place for this! It does not have the privilege in the life of a believer.

"Consider yourselves dead to sin, and alive to God in Christ" -Romans 6:11
This is only possible through the gospel. What God has done through Christ. Therefore, you are already free by justification. Now, it's time to walk in sanctification. Sadly, no of this matters in many churches today ,where holiness, purity, righteousness is obsolete. But friends, God has called us to be holy as He is holy. We are to walk in the light as He is light! In short, walk in light of who God is! We all need God so that we may grow closer to Him. Let us seek Him always as He is our Life. Friends, be encouraged today. Continued prayers for me and I pray for you as well.
God bless you. Praise God for the victory in Jesus. Remember the promise of our Lord Jesus Christ, "Behild I have given you power over all the power of the enemy". Luke 10:19. Satan cannot make you do anything you don't want to do. In Colossians chapter 2 we are informed that when Jesus died on the cross for us He disarmed ALL those principalities and powers on our behalf. Hallelujah. He can tempt you but cannot force you to do anything. Remember his temptations are lies and he cannot and will not give what he promises. God however, keeps every promise He makes. The other area is your self life. Keep that under your control. You are perfectly capeable of this because Christ is in you by His Spirit and all the strength you need is available. In 1 John Chapter 2 verses 2 it says 1) Do not sin. God would not say that if it was impossible. 2) However, if you do sin remember Christ has made atonement for your sin. Turn back to 1 John 1 verse 9. If you do slip and fall, confess your sin to Him and He will forgive you and cleanse you from it and it's appalling effects. You cannot use this promise as an excuse to go on sinning. It is there just in case. We are saved from our sin not in our sin. I am sure you don't need me to tell you that 'sin makes Satan glad and God sad'. Satan tempts us in order to bring out the worst in us. God tests us in order to bring out the best in us. Hallelujah! God bless you as you go forward with Him from victory to victory. Don't forget to give Him all the praise and glory.

• Winner
Reactions: biblicalbro
Upvote 0

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God bless you. Praise God for the victory in Jesus. Remember the promise of our Lord Jesus Christ, "Behild I have given you power over all the power of the enemy". Luke 10:19. Satan cannot make you do anything you don't want to do. In Colossians chapter 2 we are informed that when Jesus died on the cross for us He disarmed ALL those principalities and powers on our behalf. Hallelujah. He can tempt you but cannot force you to do anything. Remember his temptations are lies and he cannot and will not give what he promises. God however, keeps every promise He makes. The other area is your self life. Keep that under your control. You are perfectly capeable of this because Christ is in you by His Spirit and all the strength you need is available. In 1 John Chapter 2 verses 2 it says 1) Do not sin. God would not say that if it was impossible. 2) However, if you do sin remember Christ has made atonement for your sin. Turn back to 1 John 1 verse 9. If you do slip and fall, confess your sin to Him and He will forgive you and cleanse you from it and it's appalling effects. You cannot use this promise as an excuse to go on sinning. It is there just in case. We are saved from our sin not in our sin. I am sure you don't need me to tell you that 'sin makes Satan glad and God sad'. Satan tempts us in order to bring out the worst in us. God tests us in order to bring out the best in us. Hallelujah! God bless you as you go forward with Him from victory to victory. Don't forget to give Him all the praise and glory.

Friend, you have no idea how much I needed this right now. Been feeling super tempted since last night and being overly tired today makes it worse. You're right,temptation is always close but never coerced. Yet it's always a choice, and it's something I must continue to work through by God's grace and power. Even over 3 months, I can still fall. But I've come too far to do that. One of the things I am learning is to trust God no matter what because there will be moments where you are thrown off . Continued prayers for me as today is not an easy day but by God's grace, I must press on. God bless you

Upvote 0

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friend, you have no idea how much I needed this right now. Been feeling super tempted since last night and being overly tired today makes it worse. You're right,temptation is always close but never coerced. Yet it's always a choice, and it's something I must continue to work through by God's grace and power. Even over 3 months, I can still fall. But I've come too far to do that. One of the things I am learning is to trust God no matter what because there will be moments where you are thrown off . Continued prayers for me as today is not an easy day but by God's grace, I must press on. God bless you

God bless you Child of God! Hang on in there. He will bring you through and keep you by His power. Just trust Him. I have been proving Him for years and I am 80 years of age. It's not wrong when under severe temptation to ask Him, "Lord, as You promised, please keep me from falling" and He sure will. Whatever happens, don't believe the devil. He has no power whatsoever over you. Jesus has given YOU power over all the power of the enemy. You (in Jesus) are in control. The Lord bless you. I am proud of you.

• Prayers
Reactions: biblicalbro
Upvote 0

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God bless you Child of God! Hang on in there. He will bring you through and keep you by His power. Just trust Him. I have been proving Him for years and I am 80 years of age. It's not wrong when under severe temptation to ask Him, "Lord, as You promised, please keep me from falling" and He sure will. Whatever happens, don't believe the devil. He has no power whatsoever over you. Jesus has given YOU power over all the power of the enemy. You (in Jesus) are in control. The Lord bless you. I am proud of you.

Thank you brother, wow 80 years. I'm sure you have much wisdom and still growing in the Lord who continues to teach you. Day 105 for me today!

Upvote 0

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you brother, wow 80 years. I'm sure you have much wisdom and still growing in the Lord who continues to teach you. Day 105 for me today!

105 days! Praise the Lord. Trust Him to make it permanent. He is more than able. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0