Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.". --Romans 8
Deep in prayer one day, in my then-occasional habit of spending the 3:00 hour in prayer, I swear I heard God make a deal with me: "Give me this hour each day, and I will transform your life."

This was a few weeks ago; I've spent this hour in prayer most every day since then. It's been amazing; I can't express how much more peaceful my internal life is since I began this habit (by the grace of God, I've had the motivation to keep spending this hour with Him!).

However, I keep remembering that I'm called to marriage, because I keep getting lonely. I want friends, I want you strangers on the Internet, and I especially want my future wife to be praying with me during this time. Please join me, in whatever spiritual pathways God makes possible. Anytime from 3-4pm, know that there's someone in Illinois who's praying with you; and where 2 or more are gathered, God is ecstatic to join!

I got a fantastic message from another CF user today, discussing what he found as a great way to pray; pray in agreement. 2 people, praying at the same time (regardless of physical distance), has shown incredible results for prayers being answered. I want to do this with all of you; please share a list of your prayer requests (all of them; writing them out is good in a lot of ways), and let a group form across the world that prays in this Holy Hour for God to do His wonderful works!

May God bless us all, and may our faith in prayer never falter!

"“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.” --1 John 5

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.". --Romans 8
Deep in prayer one day, in my then-occasional habit of spending the 3:00 hour in prayer, I swear I heard God make a deal with me: "Give me this hour each day, and I will transform your life."

This was a few weeks ago; I've spent this hour in prayer most every day since then. It's been amazing; I can't express how much more peaceful my internal life is since I began this habit (by the grace of God, I've had the motivation to keep spending this hour with Him!).

However, I keep remembering that I'm called to marriage, because I keep getting lonely. I want friends, I want you strangers on the Internet, and I especially want my future wife to be praying with me during this time. Please join me, in whatever spiritual pathways God makes possible. Anytime from 3-4pm, know that there's someone in Illinois who's praying with you; and where 2 or more are gathered, God is ecstatic to join!

I got a fantastic message from another CF user today, discussing what he found as a great way to pray; pray in agreement. 2 people, praying at the same time (regardless of physical distance), has shown incredible results for prayers being answered. I want to do this with all of you; please share a list of your prayer requests (all of them; writing them out is good in a lot of ways), and let a group form across the world that prays in this Holy Hour for God to do His wonderful works!

May God bless us all, and may our faith in prayer never falter!

"“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.” --1 John 5

Loneliness is caused by you not befriending somebody.
They are waiting for you to be their friend.
Help and love others. This is the solution to all your problems.
Not waiting for God to have somebody call on you.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I requested a full list of prayer requests from people...I suppose I should be responsible & do what I request from all of you!

I'm about to go home for a week for Fall Break; I'd like all things to go well with me & my friends and family. This will be the first time they see me since I switched over to a Catholic university to major in Theology, so discussions should prove interesting, and will leave many possibilities of "open doors" for God to say something through me that will lead to more spiritual depth in the people I talk to. I especially request such open doors for my non-religious friends that I'll be seeing soon.

I'll be taking trains for part of my way home. I'm not really sure what I'm doing in train stations (I've only traveled by train once before), so there's a lot of possibilities for me to screw something up & miss or take the wrong train; God's guidance throughout my journey will be much appreciated. Also related to the trains, I'll be sitting around a lot of strangers, and I'd like to have some interesting discussions on the way. I'm not sure if discussing the faith is what I'll be called to do, but just in case, I'll be bringing a copy of Divine Mercy in My Soul (the Diary of St. Faustina). I actually bought 4 copies of it; I got 1 copy for someone I don't know well, 1 to leave in the back of the campus chapel, and I don't know where God wants the other two, but I know He'll do something cool with them.

I'd really like to meet my future wife; I still have two years of college, and I have no idea where I'll end up after graduation (though hopefully a city in the general area of my parents & brother), and I know more and more that I'm called to marriage. I now realize that immense good can be done for a wider group of people when someone's single, but I feel like I'm not very good at doing that, whereas I would be much better at investing heavily in one person.

There is a summer program I want to do that provides housing, transportation once I get there, and a better paycheck than I expected, all while teaching Theology, which is what I want to do for a living. The application comes out soon (hopefully while I am on Fall Break), and if God can put me into it, this seems like the perfect opportunity at this point in my life.

For the change of heart in human traffickers, rapists, abusive parents, people in the mafia or gangs, tyrants, Kim Jong Un, and all those who need God's grace more than we'll ever think to pray for them; may the Spirit make up for what we fail to do.

For Audrey, Paige, Amanda, Jarvis, Jordan, all families, the Vires family in particular, for celebrities, for all those in ministry, for Marquita, Jurek, MR's, all the people running the trains I'll be on and the bar I'll be visiting & the noisy neighbors in my dorm; for my future wife, and for everyone who will be watching Unplanned tonight; for everyone.

I have much more I could add, but I'll leave it at this for now; I think fewer requests with more detail was a good thing to do, anyway.

Thank you for your prayers & may God bless us all!

Upvote 0