Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You started this thread on the temple in 2 Thes 2, and you're more interested in an irrelevant comment than a comment that is relevant to the thread?

Or are you more interested because of your conscience sake?

I do find your use of the arrow > suspicious though.

Irregular symbols and sarcasm are both tools of their trade on these sites.
So someone who uses an arrow > is suspicious to be a federal agent?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Nothing happens unless the Lord Jesus Christ allows it to happen, as all power has been given to him in heaven and in earth. The He who now letteth is the Lord Jesus Christ. And it is he who lets the man of sin be revealed.....
True,
even for federal agents ! :) hahaha

But not until he - the body of Christ - is taken out of the way, which is "the what" in verse 6.
Not as expected.... searching online for "nothing is taken away" may help more fully realize what is written in Scripture. (and maybe not)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Lord's restraint against Satan will be removed .... and the day of the Lord's judgment will roll
That's probably a close description of what people will see....
if you can find it, the original language was closer to "the devil is being birthed more and more" until finally fully , on earth.
Jesus and His sheep who weren't executed will still be around,
and (perhaps/ probably?) anyone who calls on Jesus to be saved will be if they don't submit to the world and religious authorities that are arrayed against Jesus, and if they don't get the mark.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Postvieww said:
2 Thess 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

The context of this verse is with 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to him, we ask you ...

That day is concerning when true believers, who are in Christ, are taken from the world. We who are in Christ who will be taken are not worthy, but have that blessing from Yahweh's grace according to our response with repentant faith to look forward to. It is not in judgment but sparing such of us from coming judgment to the world. But still there would be many troubles coming in this world to suffer in ahead of those things, more so when any of us contribute in what involves worsening in this world, rather than in what involves betterment in this world. We should value the perfect will of God, for this world, certainly in our lives, as it is in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The context of this verse is with 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to him, we ask you ...

That day is concerning when true believers, who are in Christ, are taken from the world. We who are in Christ who will be taken are not worthy, but have that blessing from Yahweh's grace according to our response with repentant faith to look forward to. It is not in judgment but sparing such of us from coming judgment to the world. But still there would be many troubles coming in this world to suffer in ahead of those things, more so when any of us contribute in what involves worsening in this world, rather than in what involves betterment in this world. We should value the perfect will of God, for this world, certainly in our lives, as it is in Heaven.

No, the gathering of the surviving believers happens after the resurrection of the dead in Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), and the resurrection of the dead in Christ, the first resurrection, includes people who are beheaded because they don't take the mark of the beast (this being enforced during the last 42 months of the Tribulation) (Revelation 20:4-6). Jesus won't leave heaven until He comes to restore things (Acts 3:21). He will punish the wicked and give rest to the Lord's servants at the same time (see 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10, Revelation 11:18).

Fred, please read these verses and take it to heart. The Bible doesn't teach a Pre-Tribulation gathering. People who are convinced it does are depending on a foundation which will prove itself to be false. And also consider 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, which says the coming of Christ and our gathering together to Him won't happen until after the apostasy and revealing of the man of sin, who demands worship as if he were God (cp. Revelation 13). I know it's not what we want to hear, but knowing and believing truth is better.

• Agree
Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Belief in what time in the sequence there is the gathering of believers is not critical to believing the gospel, which doesn't depend on that. Biblical scenario has judgment from Yahweh coming ultimately on the world, with the wicked in it, not for believers, who are in Christ who bore everything for them, with their repentant faith. I don't see it worthy of debating, so I won't. There would be gathering of those coming to Christ during the tribulation at that final time. But I for one see hard times ahead for all of us, with development coming before the tribulation scenario, and civilization in general is going to be in great trouble, more so with more of the irresponsibility to God's world we are in. We should deal rightly with current circumstances, with obedience to Yahweh for those of us who know of that with what is heard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Belief in what time in the sequence there is the gathering of believers is not critical to believing the gospel, which doesn't depend on that. Biblical scenario has judgment from Yahweh coming ultimately on the world, with the wicked in it, not for believers, who are in Christ who bore everything for them, with their repentant faith. I don't see it worthy of debating, so I won't. There would be gathering of those coming to Christ during the tribulation at that final time. But I for one see hard times ahead for all of us, with development coming before the tribulation scenario, and civilization in general is going to be in great trouble, more so with more of the irresponsibility to God's world we are in. We should deal rightly with current circumstances, with obedience to Yahweh for those of us who know of that with what is heard.

Okay, Fred. We must endure in our faith and being aware of what to expect helps. I urge you to give this serious Biblical study and prayer (and not depend on teachers who teach a certain way, or on what you think God should do). However, you are free to do and believe as you wish. I'll leave you alone now.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would emphasize big distinction, for the tribulations of the end-time biblical prophecy, that are great tribulations, that are beyond troubles in our world that we are all to be going through anyway. There are things happening in this world with which we are involved, that we will all experience what results come such, including global issues. In the same way believers in history up to now have not been spared of troubles they went through, it is better that we look past what privilege we have had to see that what we have had a part in we will experience results from. The great tribulations are distinct with judgments from Yahweh on the wicked, who are unrepentant, that true believers, who repent of sin, being in Christ already do not go through experiencing, with being taken for removal from that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Lord's restraint against Satan will be removed .... and the day of the Lord's judgment will roll
Look again throughout all Scripture.

Anywhere from beginning to end, did YHWH EVER let hasatan do anything
"without permission" ? (no)

Then look in Revelation.

in the last book of the Bible - does YHWH give hasatan permission to kill the saints ? (yes)

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Who is Paul speaking to?

Hint, hint :
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

That is referring to all true believers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The context of this verse is with 2 Thessalonians 2:1,
Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to him, we ask you ...

precepts said:
Who is Paul speaking to?
Hint, hint :
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

That is referring to all true believers?

Yes, the passages are speaking to all believers, they are assuring believers that the day of Christ coming won't come, it hasn't been missed either, when true believers would have been taken to be with him, while the falling away hasn't really happened, and the man of sin hasn't been revealed, that any will know who he is. The judgments on those of this world for the unrepented wickedness and destructiveness are coming but when they won't fall on believers. We who are believers already will still face troubles coming from what we also have responsibility for. When we are taken away, some who are around here when judgments will still come can become believers, but with the risk of being martyred.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he (the Lord Jesus Christ) who now letteth will let, until he
(the Lord Jesus Christ, his body here on earth, the church) be taken out of the way.

Why didn't Paul just spell the answer out explicitly?

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is no-one currently in heaven with resurrected bodies. It is their souls currently in heaven
I wonder whether we only can have resurrected bodies in the new heavens and new earth; in other words, in a physical world? If so, I wonder whether Jesus has a resurrected body currently now that he is heaven? Perhaps he will take on his resurrected body again when he comes again at his second coming.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder whether we only can have resurrected bodies in the new heavens and new earth; in other words, in a physical world? If so, I wonder whether Jesus has a resurrected body currently now that he is heaven? Perhaps he will take on his resurrected body again when he comes again at his second coming.

Luk 24:36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you."

Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.

Luk 24:38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?

Luk 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

Luk 24:40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.

Luk 24:41 But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, "Have you any food here?"

Luk 24:42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.

Luk 24:43 And He took it and ate in their presence.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The quote attributed to me from post #403 was actually a quote by Dougg

Post #403

Dougg said:

There is no-one currently in heaven with resurrected bodies. It is their souls currently in heaven

Here is what I said on the topic.

Post #261

The church is not leaving this earth for heaven, there are no groups of resurrected saints in heaven identified in the word of God.

Of course Jesus is in heaven in His resurrected body!

Upvote 0