• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

2Thess 3:4 Confident of your Obedience

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by bcbsr, May 7, 2021.

1. bcbsr

bcbsr Newbie

+2,175
    Christian
    Confident of your Obedience

2Thess 3:4 We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command.

Elsewhere Paul wrote to a Christian slave owner requesting him to free his slave, saying, "Confident of your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I ask." Phm 1:21 Of the Christians in Galatia of whom he was correcting concerning matters of doctrine, he writes, "I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view." Gal 5:10 And to the Corinthians who complied to his first letter he wrote, "I am glad I can have complete confidence in you." 2Cor 7:16

It is not that Paul had confidence in men. But rather that Paul recognized that once a person has gone through a genuine conversion experience, being born of God, having exercised the faith that saves through their repentance, their public acknowledgement of Christ and allegiance to him, God takes a hold of that person's heart and conscience in such a persistent manner that it is inevitable for such people to conform their lifestyle to his ways. I am "confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Php 1:6

If we are preaching the Word of God we can be confident that "whoever knows God listens to us." 1John 4:6b And likewise if you are in the faith, then you can be confident that you will continue in it living accordingly. "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 Of that you can be confident.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?