2Thess 3:4 Confident of your Obedience

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
Confident of your Obedience

2Thess 3:4 We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command.

Elsewhere Paul wrote to a Christian slave owner requesting him to free his slave, saying, "Confident of your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I ask." Phm 1:21 Of the Christians in Galatia of whom he was correcting concerning matters of doctrine, he writes, "I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view." Gal 5:10 And to the Corinthians who complied to his first letter he wrote, "I am glad I can have complete confidence in you." 2Cor 7:16

It is not that Paul had confidence in men. But rather that Paul recognized that once a person has gone through a genuine conversion experience, being born of God, having exercised the faith that saves through their repentance, their public acknowledgement of Christ and allegiance to him, God takes a hold of that person's heart and conscience in such a persistent manner that it is inevitable for such people to conform their lifestyle to his ways. I am "confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Php 1:6

If we are preaching the Word of God we can be confident that "whoever knows God listens to us." 1John 4:6b And likewise if you are in the faith, then you can be confident that you will continue in it living accordingly. "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 Of that you can be confident.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources