2Thess 3:3 Faithfully protected from Satan

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Faithfully protected from Satan

2Thess 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

This is one thing that the Lord has committed himself to in hs relationship with believers. He protects us from the devil and strengthens us in the process. This does not mean that we will not be subject to the devil's hand, but it means that we need not be damaged by it. For example at one time he said to Peter, "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Luke 22:13,32 In the process God strengths his people. He also helps them to maintain a proper level of humility. Paul writes, "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me." 2Cor 12:7 Thus due to the Lord's faithfulness, rather than being harmed, believers actually benefit from such attacks of Satan.

Among other things, to enhance this protection is prayer.

Firstly the Lord prays for us:
Joh 17:15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
And we also pray for ourselves
Mt 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

And "in addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."
Eph 6:16

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources