2Thess 3:16-18 Peace in Every Way

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Peace in Every Way

2Thess 3:16-18 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

What are some areas in which the Lord brings peace?

Peace with God
Rom 5:1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"

Peace with our fellow Christians
Rom 14:19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"
2Cor 13:11 "Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you."

Peace with our enemies
Pr 16:7 "When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."
Heb 12:14 "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."
Rom 12:18 "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

Peace of mind
Php 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

And he has called us to be peace makers
Jas 3:18 "Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."

As for his signature, Paul dictated most of the content of his letters. This was possibly due to an eye disease he may have contracted early in his ministry. (See note Gal 4:13) But the salutations he wrote with his own hand so as to further personalize the letters.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Jimmy Biscardi

May 21, 2021
Houston
✟15,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's comforting to know that the peace God gave to the apostle Paul is the same peace he promises us. He said: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 NIV. We don't have to worry or fear the storms of life; we can let Jesus be our captain.

Upvote 0