• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

2Thess 3:16-18 Peace in Every Way

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by bcbsr, May 17, 2021.

1. bcbsr

bcbsr Newbie

+2,177
    Christian
    Peace in Every Way

2Thess 3:16-18 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

What are some areas in which the Lord brings peace?

Peace with God
    Rom 5:1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"

Peace with our fellow Christians
    Rom 14:19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"
    2Cor 13:11 "Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you."

Peace with our enemies
    Pr 16:7 "When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."
    Heb 12:14 "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."
    Rom 12:18 "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

Peace of mind
    Php 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

And he has called us to be peace makers
    Jas 3:18 "Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."

As for his signature, Paul dictated most of the content of his letters. This was possibly due to an eye disease he may have contracted early in his ministry. (See note Gal 4:13) But the salutations he wrote with his own hand so as to further personalize the letters.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jimmy Biscardi

Jimmy Biscardi New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's comforting to know that the peace God gave to the apostle Paul is the same peace he promises us. He said: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 NIV. We don't have to worry or fear the storms of life; we can let Jesus be our captain.