• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

2nd psychosis

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
in 05. Right when I turned twenty I had my first psychotic break. I was doing every drug but heroine and some psychedelics. This time it hit it was fast. I started to think I was in a dawn of the dead movie. I was locked in jail not even knowing how to use the phone.

Terrible delusions and voices plagued me.

I finally get our. And go into the psych ward. I didn’t really try to get better and got out in two weeks. After seven months I started to get better but I was different from that point in.

From May to May of 06 I still used drugs. I finally gave my life to Jesus an quit all my drugs. I felt so much better.

From 06 to 08 I was functioning but I was very delusional. I kept thinking God was going to bring me and my ex together and I was going to be the next Billy Graham.

I never seeked treatment until May of 08 when a person said I was sick. When the antipsychotic worked it took my voices and and I had to work on not believing the delusions. I lost my job. In that summer I was hit with Pure O OCD. A lot of stress started to happen and then the theme went to where I thought I was at Gods Judgment.

From 08to 2010. Nothing worked until I found a doctor that put me in klonopin. That took the delusions away because of the massive anxiety I was having. In February on 2017 I moved and I was yanked off of three mg of klonopin.
For three months I was totally out of my mind. I fired the docs got back on the scripted I had and weaned my self off for a year.

Here I am today starting To go thru a psychotic break again. I keep thinking I’m dead and at the 2nd resurrection. Every time the fear I’m dead hits I start to shake and get very anxious,

I say to myself that Jesus is just waiting for me to get in my knees and that he will send me to hell. I reluctantly get in my knees and say you are Lord.

Nothing happens. Idk what to do folks. I’m starting to hear voices that say damn and you nexted, it’s horrible.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i weaned my self off for a year.

Here I am today starting To go thru a psychotic break again.

Praying for you. :prayer:

And what I'm hearing here is that you need to keep in regular contact with a doctor and keep taking your medication.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
in 05. Right when I turned twenty I had my first psychotic break. I was doing every drug but heroine and some psychedelics. This time it hit it was fast. I started to think I was in a dawn of the dead movie. I was locked in jail not even knowing how to use the phone.

Terrible delusions and voices plagued me.

I finally get our. And go into the psych ward. I didn’t really try to get better and got out in two weeks. After seven months I started to get better but I was different from that point in.

From May to May of 06 I still used drugs. I finally gave my life to Jesus an quit all my drugs. I felt so much better.

From 06 to 08 I was functioning but I was very delusional. I kept thinking God was going to bring me and my ex together and I was going to be the next Billy Graham.

I never seeked treatment until May of 08 when a person said I was sick. When the antipsychotic worked it took my voices and and I had to work on not believing the delusions. I lost my job. In that summer I was hit with Pure O OCD. A lot of stress started to happen and then the theme went to where I thought I was at Gods Judgment.

From 08to 2010. Nothing worked until I found a doctor that put me in klonopin. That took the delusions away because of the massive anxiety I was having. In February on 2017 I moved and I was yanked off of three mg of klonopin.
For three months I was totally out of my mind. I fired the docs got back on the scripted I had and weaned my self off for a year.

Here I am today starting To go thru a psychotic break again. I keep thinking I’m dead and at the 2nd resurrection. Every time the fear I’m dead hits I start to shake and get very anxious,

I say to myself that Jesus is just waiting for me to get in my knees and that he will send me to hell. I reluctantly get in my knees and say you are Lord.

Nothing happens. Idk what to do folks. I’m starting to hear voices that say damn and you nexted, it’s horrible.

I have a similar past, maybe not as much drugs but still voices and paranoia, delusions and even jail from psychotic episodes. I got state health insurance, Apple Health (Obama Care) and it's free to see a doctor. I've been on meds now for several years and the delusions have slowly went away. Today I feel great. No more panic attacks or scary delusions (I thought I had died also).

My advice is to see a doctor and get on meds as soon as you can and get the ball rolling. You should be able to find a psychologist/psychiatrist team in your area and they can direct you to a health care system that's free.

You don't have to live in terror all the time like that, we have great medicines now for our symptoms. And doctors can help. Let me know if I'm being helpful.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have SSDI. I am seeing a new doc and we raised the Zyprexa to 10 mg a day. I also take gabapentin for the anxiety which does take the edge off. Today is my third day on the increased dose and I do feel better.

I’m hoping this is a good step forward. I never want to be on benzos ever again.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have SSDI. I am seeing a new doc and we raised the Zyprexa to 10 mg a day. I also take gabapentin for the anxiety which does take the edge off. Today is my third day on the increased dose and I do feel better.

I’m hoping this is a good step forward. I never want to be on benzos ever again.

I'm a testament that medicine does work. God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Also, that's good that it's working. What I found is that at first it helped a lot, and over the course of a month I came out of everything that was wrong with me. But it took a year to years to form normal social interactions with family. In other words, the longer you stay on the meds the better life becomes.

Upvote 0

dabro

Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How long before all of this clears up? I’m afraid it’s not going to. I’m Octob I cold turkey Kratom and I thought God was telling me to throw my psych meds out.

I was up for three weeks straight. I finally went in and got on Zyprexa. Lowest dose and after awhile the delusions that I was in heaven went away.

Now here I am paranoid that Christ has come back and that I’m about to go they the tribulation. We just upped the Zyprexa on Friday.

Sometimes I think the TV is saying things from God or Satan.

I’m always paranoid and when I sin I think I’m about to die. It’s horrible.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How long before all of this clears up? I’m afraid it’s not going to. I’m Octob I cold turkey Kratom and I thought God was telling me to throw my psych meds out.

I was up for three weeks straight. I finally went in and got on Zyprexa. Lowest dose and after awhile the delusions that I was in heaven went away.

Now here I am paranoid that Christ has come back and that I’m about to go they the tribulation. We just upped the Zyprexa on Friday.

Sometimes I think the TV is saying things from God or Satan.

I’m always paranoid and when I sin I think I’m about to die. It’s horrible.

Hang in there, it should clear up quick on the meds. All I meant is that it gets better over time taking the meds. To be completely honest, I still see God talking to me in the TV, but it's tolerable and less disturbing on the meds. Everything gets better on the meds. The voices got quieter and less disturbing, etc for me.

I don't believe God would ever tell you to get off the meds. Symptoms usually don't go away and worsen with age typically. God knows you could have a psychotic episode and that it's mentally and emotionally painful off the meds.

Upvote 0