United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A tale of two protest movements: BLM and the lockdown wackos

Why were the 2A protesters missing from the Minneapolis protests the last couple of days? I thought they want to stand up for freedom and against tyranny? Is it a different 2A for black people and white people? What if those protesters in Minneapolis exercised their right to bear arms?

I guess I'm not being fair - it's not like they were white and protesting someplace like the state capitol building calling for the death of the governor. That's allowed with no tear gas or riot police. But we can't have unarmed protesters complaining about police mistreatment - for that the police need to step up their game and violently quell the protest.

Last edited:

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There's a link now
Just trying to help you out, and save the mods a bit of work because if someone reports it, they may move it and if they can't readily think of where to move it I think sometimes they just delete it. Anyway, your link is more of an opinion piece than a news story, but I won't nitpick further. :)

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just trying to help you out, and save the mods a bit of work because if someone reports it, they may move it and if they can't readily think of where to move it I think sometimes they just delete it. Anyway, your link is more of an opinion piece than a news story, but I won't nitpick further. :)
My previous response was hurried but I should have thanked you. Thank you, I do appreciate your help! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Why were the 2A protesters missing from the Minneapolis protests the last couple of days? I thought they want to stand up for freedom and against tyranny? Is it a different 2A for black people and white people? What if those protesters in Minneapolis exercised their right to bear arms?

I guess I'm not being fair - it's not like they were white and protesting someplace like the state capitol building calling for the death of the governor. That's allowed with no tear gas or riot police. But we can't have unarmed protesters complaining about police mistreatment - for that the police need to step up their game and violently quell the protest.

I've been saying for years that if there are any two groups that ought to be able to link arms in solidarity, it's the 2A'ers and BLM. That the 2A'ers rarely go near BLM concerns suggests to me that they (2A'ers) are concerned much less about government abuse (particularly when it impacts some other group) and much more about restrictions on their loud toys.

That said, I just came across this, suggesting that some of the "Bugaloo" guys are gearing up for Minneapolis. I don't know how valid this is, but if it is, things could get interesting.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bugaloo? The only thing I know about the bugaloo is that it was a dance we used do in the 60s .

That's where the name came from. Apparently some gun guys on 4chan are using it as code for a second civil war.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why were the 2A protesters missing from the Minneapolis protests the last couple of days?

How does looting and burning a Target advance the cause of BLM?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's where the name came from. Apparently some gun guys on 4chan are using it as code for a second civil war.
It's a reference to an awful movie sequel, Breaking 2 Electric Boogaloo, that gets applied to a worse follow up to an awful original.

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Were you planning on heading over to OWG's post in this same forum which contains only his opinion and no links to any news story and policing that, too? :)

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Were you planning on heading over to OWG's post in this same forum which contains only his opinion and no links to any news story and policing that, too? :)
Well in that one he is saying that the reason police are brutal with blacks is because of other blacks being brutal to other blacks.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Well, the last African American that exercised his 2nd Amendment right in Minnesota was shot and killed sitting in a car…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, the last African American that exercised his 2nd Amendment right in Minnesota was shot and killed sitting in a car…

He obviously needed more guns.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If I had wanted to "police" this thread I'd have just hit the report button. Staff made an announcement in here several weeks ago about this very thing, and said they were going to start cracking down, and did a big clean-up. I agree with staff on that. As for the other person's thread, I hadn't seen that till just now when you pointed it out, and actually, I think I'd prefer that thread get deleted. :sick:

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I live in the Twin Cities. We here are very emotionally active right now. Not only do we have protests in Minneapolis, but now it is spilling over to St. Paul as well. We need prayers!

Upvote 0