• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

29%

Discussion in 'General Political Discussion' started by Nightson, May 11, 2006.

1. Nightson

Nightson Take two snuggles and call me in the morning

+225
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,477
    Christian
    Ouch, and they'll probably dip lower after this database mess. Limbo, limbo, limbo, Mr. Bush.

It's like he's trying to tie Nixon.

3. Alarum

Alarum Well-Known Member

+332
    Non-Denom
    US-Democrat
    As the result of a highly scientific survey on the results, I have found the following data about that mysterious 29%

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. SummerMadness

+8,477
    Christian
    No sir, you're thinking of Geico, not the president. :D

5. CCGirl

CCGirl Resident Commie

+539
    Seeker
    Married
    CA-Others
    Just curious....other than the fact that these are historically low numbers and it is enjoyable watching the burn, does it really mean anything?:confused:

6. Nightson

Nightson Take two snuggles and call me in the morning

+225
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Well, Bush being this unpopular will also hurt the republican congress. 2006 will likely show voter dissatisfaction. And it could influence the 2008 presidental race if the Republicans nominate anyone more right then moderate.

Edit: But mostly because it's fun watching him burn

7. SummerMadness

+8,477
    Christian
    It doesn't mean anything if people decide to continue their support of this president by voting for a very corrupt Republican majority in November. What it also means is that the in-fighting may start to increase this summer as Republicans try to distance themselves from the President.

8. CCGirl

CCGirl Resident Commie

+539
    Seeker
    Married
    CA-Others
    I guess we can only hope, but it is really difficult to see much real difference between the Republicans and the Democrats, folks.:cry:

9. SummerMadness

+8,477
    Christian
    It truly is, it would be great to see everyone go third party this election, right or left, that would send Democrats and Republicans a message.

10. Doctrine1st

Doctrine1st Official nitwit

+431
    US-Others
    In reality; no.

If the price of gas were to go down tomorrow one could expect a rebound in his approval rating. The best thing politicians have going for them is we Americans are short sighted and possess rather short term memories.

11. CCGirl

CCGirl Resident Commie

+539
    Seeker
    Married
    CA-Others
    This is what needs to happen! :)

12. Yusuf Evans

Yusuf Evans Well-Known Member

+580
    Muslim
    Married

Actually a split-ticket would work better. Force the two sides to work together.

13. Alabaster

Alabaster Well-Known Member

+74
    Seeker
    Married
    What were Nixon's numbers at their lowest?

14. SummerMadness

+8,477
    Christian
    24%

15. Ampoliros

Ampoliros I'm my own wireless hotspot

+105
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    A split ticket of *moderates*, probably, would be best. I can't imagine sticking a far-right Republican and a far-left Democrat in the White House together; it'd be like The Odd Couple, except they're trying to run a country. Not a good idea.

It would, at least, serve to throw off the respective extremists in each party and make things a little less divisive (or so I'd hope).

16. Thirst_For_Knowledge

Thirst_For_Knowledge I Am A New Title

+327
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Really, it depends sole on why people are disapproving of Bush. If they are unhappy with his agenda and policies, then yes, it mean a lot. See, here in America, the Republicans in COngress have been a rubberstamp to BUsh, allowing everything that he has put forth. So, the Bush agenda and policies are actually the Republican agenda and policies.

17. k9catts

k9catts Well-Known Member

+62
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Funny.....
    The more the decider tries to shore up his polls the lower they fall.

But have no fear chicken hawsk. The decider has a war with Iran to drive his polls lower in our future. The war will drive them up a little but the $5+ per gallon will drive his polls to the teens.

18. CCGirl

CCGirl Resident Commie

+539
    Seeker
    Married
    CA-Others
    It wasn't just Nixon! George HW was down to about the same numbers!

19. chalice_thunder

chalice_thunder Senior Veteran

+409
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Santos-Vinnick
    ;)