280 Weeks are Determined

Are you interested in the 280 weeks?

• Not particularly. I’ll just read along.

• Yep, let’s do a live Zoom Meeting.

• Yep, but just continue on this thread.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I thought I might share a diagram showing how there was more than one 70-week era, and they were all linked together. When we multiply 70 × 4 we get 280 weeks, and if we multiple 280 × 7 we get 1960 years – not just the 490 usually talked about.

Our favorite verse is, “70 weeks are determined on my people …” (Daniel 9:24) so I have to admit that there is no explicit mention of 280 weeks; but it exists hidden under the surface of scripture in the internal chronology of the Old Testament. 'Anyone want to hear more about this? (do poll :wave:)

Actually, I was thinking about doing a Zoom meeting about this, so if 2 or 3 folks PM their email I’ll set one up and send out an invite. It gets interesting when we track the ‘weeks’ to their beginning landing slap-bang on Jacobs dream of a stairway to heaven. There are serious ramifications too.

Chris

490-year-eras.png

Last edited:

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I thought I might share a diagram showing how there was more than one 70-week era, and they were all linked together. When we multiply 70 × 4 we get 280 weeks, and if we multiple 280 × 7 we get 1960 years – not just the 490 usually talked about.

Our favorite verse is, “70 weeks are determined on my people …” (Daniel 9:24) so I have to admit that there is no explicit mention of 280 weeks; but it exists hidden under the surface of scripture in the internal chronology of the Old Testament. 'Anyone want to hear more about this? (do poll :wave:)

Actually, I was thinking about doing a Zoom meeting about this, so if 2 or 3 folks PM their email I’ll set one up and send out an invite. It gets interesting when we track the ‘weeks’ to their beginning landing slap-bang on Jacobs dream of a stairway to heaven. There are serious ramifications too.

Chris

View attachment 287172
Since only God The Father knows the hour and the day, I’m sure you must agree that we only see the symptoms of disobedience.

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don’t get me wrong. I dont use the ‘weeks’ to predict the future or any of that. We’ll leave that stuff to Harold Camping and Jonathon Cahn. This topic is about the countdown to Messiah. There were 4 sets of 70 weeks.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a bit of background from me. Like most of us here I was trying to understand Daniel’s 70 weeks and I figured that I’d have it all sussed within a month or two. Nope; nearly twenty years later I published a book on my findings. That’s how long it took because the more I looked, the more I found astonishing information hidden in Bible dates.

The first one was the date of Jesus’ crucifixion. All the commentaries either said AD30, AD31 or AD33. It gradually became apparent that AD31 and 33 were driven by powerful end-time agendas. But the early date – AD 30 - is the correct one.

After that, I noticed what seemed to be a coincidental sequence of 490-year eras, however I couldn’t get the accuracy. Conservative scholars place the Exodus at 1446 BC. I searched for clues in the strange numbering formulas of the Hebrew kings and found 1444 BC.

Then, I backtracked to Jacobs dream – 1927 BC. Once again, there is much befuddled thinking preventing that date from being found.

Then, I forwarded 3½ years from the Cross to the outpouring of the Spirit on the Gentiles – AD 34. (Once again, end-time agendas hide that date. Why?)

Now, how many years lie in-between? Yep, 1960 years.

Please divide by 4! :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let’s do a comparison between Jacobs dream and Peter’s vision. There is more to it than 4 sets of 490 years.

“Jacob left Beersheba and went toward Haran. And he came to a certain place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven. And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!

And behold, the Lord stood above it and said, “I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. The land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring. Your offspring shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south, and in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” (Genesis 28:10-15)

“The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth”…

While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?”

And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days. (Acts 10:9-11, 44-48)

Now please notice. Both Jacob and Peter received a supernatural picture of Gods covenant plan. The only difference is that they were at the opposite ends in time.
  • They both were on a journey.
  • They both saw the heavens opened.
  • Jacob received a future promise concerning the Gentiles.
  • Peter witnessed that promise being given to the Gentiles.
This impacts on our understanding of Daniels 70-week prophecy. It has implications for popular end time theories too. Ill try to explain.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me stress the importance of the Acts 10 outpouring of the Spirit. The ending of the 280 weeks is all about Gentiles! Yes, the angel told Daniel that the fourth and final “Seventy weeks (era) is determined for your people (the Jews)” but that is the whole point. Israel was the vehicle by which salvation would come to the world, because that was God’s ultimate intention.

So, when I say, “280 weeks were determined for Israel,” I believe it meant 1960 years would pass and then the times of the Gentiles would begin. The destiny of Israel climaxes with good news to the world! Accordingly, St. Peter said to the Jews:

“Men of Israel … you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’ When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”
(Acts 3: 25-26)

In other words, he confirmed the covenant by guaranteeing first option to the children of the covenant then afterward by granting the good news to the Gentiles as he had promised all those years before. St. Paul also picks up on this theme:

“For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God’s truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.”
(Romans 15:8-9)

In my next few posts I hope to share what I believe are ramifications for,
  • Historicists
  • Preterists
  • Futurists
  • Shemitah theories
  • Amillennialists
Hey, join in and save me from talking to myself. :liturgy:

Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me stress the importance of the Acts 10 outpouring of the Spirit. The ending of the 280 weeks is all about Gentiles! Yes, the angel told Daniel that the fourth and final “Seventy weeks (era) is determined for your people (the Jews)” but that is the whole point. Israel was the vehicle by which salvation would come to the world, because that was God’s ultimate intention.

So, when I say, “280 weeks were determined for Israel,” I believe it meant 1260 years would pass and then the times of the Gentiles would begin. The destiny of Israel climaxes with good news to the world! Accordingly, St. Peter said to the Jews:

“Men of Israel … you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’ When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”

In other words, he confirmed the covenant by guaranteeing first option to the children of the covenant then afterward by granting the good news to the Gentiles as he had promised all those years before. St. Paul also picks up on this theme:

“For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God’s truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.”

• Historicists
  • Preterists
  • Futurists
  • Shemitah theories
  • Amillennialists

Chris

Our Dispensationalists here keep attempting to ignore Romans 1:16, which says the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jews.

If I ask when this time period occurred and how long it lasted, they attempt to ignore the question because it kills their viewpoint of Daniel's 70th week.

Keep up the good work, Brother.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So, when I say, “280 weeks were determined for Israel,” I believe it meant 1260 years would pass and then the times of the Gentiles would begin. The destiny of Israel climaxes with good news to the world! Accordingly, St. Peter said to the Jews:

• Historicists
  • Preterists
  • Futurists
  • Shemitah theories
  • Amillennialists

Chris
I fully agree. The passage in Daniel opens with talking about the coming of the Messiah and closes by talking about the coming of the Messiah - it does not close with talking about "the prince who shall come and who shall destroy the city" - that is merely filling in the events which will follow the coming of the Messiah.

The Covenant that was confirmed is quite clearly the New Covenant promised by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 31:31-33. It was a covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It was established in the blood of Christ.

Besides this, the Hebrew word “achar” means "after":

"And the days of Adam after (Hebrew: achar) he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:4)

"And Seth lived after (Hebrew: achar) he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:7)

"And after (Hebrew achar) sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off"

Obvously, if the Lord Jesus Christ had told His disciples that He would rise again from the dead after the sabbath day, the disciples would have known that He would rise again from the dead on Sunday.

"It is finished!" (John 19:30). He did this "once for all" (Hebrews 7:27; 9:12; 10:2, 10)

2. He made Atonement for iniquity (Romans 5:11)

3. He brought in everlasting righteousness: "The LORD our righteousness" (Jeremiah 23:6; 33:16; 51:10)

4. He (a) Sealed up vision and prophecy. (He reopens the seals Himself: "And one of the elders said to me, Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book and to loose the seven seals of it." Rev.5:5)

(b) He was anointed by the Holy Spirit when He was baptised by John the Baptist:

"And Jesus, when He had been baptized, went up immediately out of the water. And lo, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting upon Him. And lo, a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:16-17)

"Seventy weeks are decreed as to your people and as to your holy city,

1. to finish the transgression and to make an end of sins, and

2. to make atonement for iniquity, and

3. to bring in everlasting righteousness, and

4. to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy." (Daniel 9:24)

All of the above would be accomplished within 70 “weeks” (weeks of years or 490 years, from a start date to an end date).

Count: 7 + 62 weeks = 69 weeks. It was after this (in the 70th week) that Messiah was cut off (but not for Himself). In the 70th week, Messiah finished the transgression (of the law) and made an end of sins.

Your discoveries regarding the 280 weeks cannot be proved false, because you quote every reference to show the dates, and where scripture tells us where the first cycle started, and how scripture marks the beginning of the new cycles along the way.

It shows how God confirms these things to those who love His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good points FotG. Your mention of the Hebrew word ‘achar’ is something I hadn’t noticed before. Yes, very useful when considering how long ‘after’ the 69th week Messiah was cut off.
After the Lord ascended into heaven, the New Testament books were written. If we ignore the meaning of the word after, we can push the writing of all the New Testament books back to before the ascension. 'Back to the future' - that's what the "7-year trib" idea does with Daniel 9:26-27.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Covenant that was confirmed is quite clearly the New Covenant promised by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 31:31-33. It was a covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It was established in the blood of Christ.
Can we focus on this aspect a bit more? I think there's a lot of confusion about this (covenants).

IMO....what complicates it is that there's something radically new happening at Christ's first advent....but also a continuity of what's been foretold in the Old Testament. Christ fulfilled the promises to Abraham, the promises to King David, and the promises to the Israelites. He fulfilled the covenants that humans severed.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Israel was the vehicle by which salvation would come to the world, because that was God’s ultimate intention.
It is Jesus, the one seed of Abraham, who is the vehicle for Salvation.
The fake Israel currently in a tiny part of the holy Land, still reject Jesus and now face Judgment. Only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

The 1960 year period, exactly fits between 70 AD and 2030.
The decreed exile of Judah, as Ezekiel 4:6 + Leviticus 26:24 & 28 tell us.
40 X 7 X 7 = 1960

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 1960 year period, exactly fits between 70 AD and 2030.
The decreed exile of Judah, as Ezekiel 4:6 + Leviticus 26:24 & 28 tell us.
40 X 7 X 7 = 1960
Are you saying that 2030 Ad is a significant end-time date? If so, neither 70 Ad or 2030 Ad fall on the original Sabbatic cycles. And we are not supposed to follow them beyond their fulfilment in Christ’s first coming anyway. That’s what Harold Camping tried to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that 2030 Ad is a significant end-time date? If so, neither 70 Ad or 2030 Ad fall on the original Sabbatic cycles. And we are not supposed to follow them beyond their fulfilment in Christ’s first coming anyway. That’s what Harold Camping tried to do.
How can you be so sure of the Sabbath cycles?
And as you say; they don't have any significance in this Church age anyway.

2030 is exactly 2 'days', Hosea 6:2 and Luke 13:32, the time from when Jesus commenced His Ministry and has been in heaven, which equals 2000 years.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can we focus on this aspect a bit more? I think there's a lot of confusion about this (covenants).

IMO....what complicates it is that there's something radically new happening at Christ's first advent....but also a continuity of what's been foretold in the Old Testament. Christ fulfilled the promises to Abraham, the promises to King David, and the promises to the Israelites. He fulfilled the covenants that humans severed.
I agree.
[The rest of this post deleted by me as the contents are repeated in the next post].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Abrahamic Covenant and the promise to King David are not like the Covenant of Law, in that they are not dependent upon the people's obedience to the Law, and the Abrahamic covenant and the promise to king David pertain to Christ.

1. Abrahamic Covenant: God would be God to the seed of Abraham forever, would give them the land promised Abraham as their everlasting inheritance, and all families of the earth would be blessed through Abraham's seed.

It was unilaterally made with Abraham and His seed by God. It pertains to and belongs to Christ, the seed of Abraham through whom all the families of the earth are blessed ( Galatians 3:16 )

2. Davidic Covenant in whch God swore by oath to king David,

"Once I have sworn by My holiness that I will not lie to David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established forever like the moon, and like a faithful witness in the heavens. Selah." Psalm 89:35-37.

It pertains to Christ and is also not dependent upon the obedience of the people for the promised blessings to be obtained.

3. Mosaic Covenant (Covenant of Law): was equally dependent upon the people's adherence to their promise in order for the blessings to be obtained, as it was to God's promise, and was therefore considered God's marriage-covenant with Israel: It promised blessing if the people obeyed, and curses if the people did not obey all that was written in the Law. It was ratified with blood

""And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basins, and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the ears of the people. And they said, All that the LORD has said we will do, and be obedient. And Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD has made with you concerning all these words." Exodus 24:6-8

But the people were continuously disobedient and continuously broke the covenant, so a new covenant was promised which would not be like it:

"Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah,
not according to the covenant that I cut with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which covenant of Mine they broke, although I was a husband to them, says the LORD;" Jeremiah 31:31-32)

So just as the covenant of Law was ratified by blood, the new covenant was ratified in Christ's blood when He shed His blood for the forgiveness of sins.

Hence we have two covenants based entirely upon God's oath, and two that are ratified by blood. The first of the two ratified by blood required the obedience of the people, the second was made eternal by the obedience of Christ, the Son of God, who is also the son of Man, the last Adam, who represents all mankind before God.

That's also why after Jesus said He did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it, He did what He said - He fulfilled it, and so the Law was abolished in His flesh. He was fulfilling the Law in the most complete way while He was dying on the cross, bearing our sins in His own body:

No one has greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Jesus said that all the Law and the prophets hung on the commandments to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves - then He fulfilled the entire Law, abolishing it in His flesh:

Then He said,

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another. Jon 13:34

This is why John said,

By this we have known the love of God, because He laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. 1 John 3:16

This is also why Paul said,

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:8-10

The Abrahamic Covenant pertains to Christ, and so does the promise to king David:

And to Abraham and to his Seed the promises were spoken. It does not say, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, "And to your Seed," which is Christ. Galatians 3:16

The only seed of Abraham through whom all the families of the earth are blessed, is Christ. He fulfills everything - the covenants and the promises - and He does this as the son of Man, the last Adam, representing all those who are found in Him through faith in Him and in His works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you be so sure of the Sabbath cycles?
And as you say; they don't have any significance in this Church age anyway.

2030 is exactly 2 'days', Hosea 6:2 and Luke 13:32, the time from when Jesus commenced His Ministry and has been in heaven, which equals 2000 years.
Chris has done excellent research into the sabbath cycles which (IMO) is unsurpassed by any other study, and he has proved from the scriptures (for those who are prepared to hear what he says) that the 70th week of Daniel was the final week of four consecutive 70-week cycles, which concluded 3.5 years after the crucifixion.

No study is as detailed, and no research has been as painstaking and comprehensive as this one. I would encourage anyone who reads this thread not to throw what Chris Gedge has to say out the window without at least first hearing what he says about this topic.

Upvote 0