28-year-old woman kills 3 students and 3 adults at private Christian school in Nashville, police say

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(CNN) An armed 28-year-old woman fatally shot three students and three adults at a private Christian school in Nashville before she was shot and killed by police, authorities said.

The shooter, who was not identified, entered the Covenant School via a side door and was armed with at least two assault-style rifles and a handgun, said Metro Nashville Police spokesperson Don Aaron. She fired multiple shots on the first and second floors of the school before police fatally shot her on the second floor, Aaron said.

The first call on the shooting came in at 10:13 a.m. and the shooter was dead at 10:27 a.m., he said. Police are working to analyze video from the school showing the incident, he added.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The shooter was apparently a biological male who "identified" as a woman. A former student of the school.

I think it is a false statement by the media to say "a woman did this"
So defeating to be politically correct in criminal investigations.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the sad thing here is that we now see American youth
1. Convinced that they were "born in the wrong body", and even those who have some faith, wrongly think that God has made some kind of "mistake" in this regard, and that they themselves are "mistakes"
2. Brought up in an environment of confusion and ethical relativism
3. Convinced that "others" are to blame for their despondency and failures: white people, men, capitalism, etc.

This is yet another lost soul who lost his mind and attacked the helpless and the innocent

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Convinced that they were "born in the wrong body", and even those who have some faith, wrongly think that God has made some kind of "mistake" in this regard, and that they themselves are "mistakes"
3. Convinced that "others" are to blame for their despondency and failures: white people, men, capitalism, etc.

This is yet another lost soul who lost his mind and attacked the helpless and the innocent
It’s the closest thing to the coddling of mental illness and the victim mentality. Nobody is special or unique unless they meet these qualifications from my observations.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can't wait to see the atheist/leftist spin on this.
It has already started by blaming the Gun instead of the shooter, listen to the speech by the mayor, followed my Biden once again trying to use the tragic event to promote his political objectives.

Reactions: the Vital One
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

The shooter had grown up attending the same religious school, so I don't think the charge of relativism sticks. The school is run by the PCA, a strictly conservative Presbyterian body.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shooter had some kind of resentment against their upbringing.

The shooter was apparently a biological male who "identified" as a woman. A former student of the school.

The shooter was ftm, assigned female at birth and had transitioned to living as a male.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The shooter had grown up attending the same religious school, so I don't think the charge of relativism sticks. The school is run by the PCA, a strictly conservative Presbyterian body.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shooter had some kind of resentment against their upbringing.

The shooter was ftm, assigned female at birth and had transitioned to living as a male.
one small point, because I think it is important

the phrase "assigned female at birth" implies that this was an arbitrary designation by a doctor or health official. No one is "assigned" biological sex--it is recognized and confirmed. The criteria for this is:

1. Genitalia and reproductive system
2. Muscular skeletal differences between male and female (women have a wider pelvis, etc.)
3. Chromosomal differences (XY vs. XX)

these factors, in their entirety, determine biological sex. Likewise, the phrase "biological sex isn't binary" is categorically false from a scientific standpoint. There is no XYZ chromosomal arrangement, and no "third sex" despite some abnormalities or variations in genitalia or reproductive system (a woman might be born with internal testes, but she is XX, has the muscular-skeletal system of a woman, etc.)

Biologically, humans are bilateral. If a person is born with an extra-arm, or missing a leg, we do not change this definition.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
one small point, because I think it is important

the phrase "assigned female at birth" implies that this was an arbitrary designation by a doctor or health official. No one is "assigned" biological sex--it is recognized and confirmed. The criteria for this is:

1. Genitalia and reproductive system
2. Muscular skeletal differences between male and female (women have a wider pelvis, etc.)

Those differences are not necessarily present at birth. Muscular and skeletal differences are secondary sex characteristics.

"Assigned female at birth" means just that, somebody wrote "female" on the birth certificate. It doesn't imply it was arbitrary, unless you want it to.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was telling my wife yesterday I heard something about this "woman" that was oddly not being reported by the left. CBS so far is the only one I read saying "A 28-year-old female shooter who identified as transgender".

Its slowly being talked about but as one said its very misleading to say a "woman". He was not a woman. Like the Cartoon on Netflex where the young something haha saying it was a he/it/them/binary and the dad I guess saying yes you can be anything you want. wow.. granted they had to pull that cartoon it just didn't take off.

We that believe in trust in YESHUA/JESUS CHRIST He is up front no matter what we as believers personally believe must be one for we witness sin and lies are now told as truths and the truth is now lies. This is what He said would happen.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was telling my wife yesterday I heard something about this "woman" that was oddly not being reported by the left. CBS so far is the only one I read saying "A 28-year-old female shooter who identified as transgender".

I don't know who qualifies as "the left" for you, but I've seen this detail in the reporting by NPR, PBS, and the NY Times. The shooting only happened yesterday, and not all of the details were known immediately. (Some details are still not known.) From the PBS report: "Police gave unclear information on the shooter’s gender. For hours, police identified the shooter as a 28-year-old woman and eventually as Audrey Hale. Then at a late afternoon press conference, the police chief said that Hale was transgender. After the news conference, police spokesperson Don Aaron declined to elaborate on how Hale identified." (What we know about the Nashville Christian school shooting that left 6 dead) I think the issue is just that reporters rely on the evidence they can find, like police statements, and the police were giving unclear statements at first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I misspoke earlier about it being a transgender guy --it was a 28 year-old girl.

Apparently, the she was on the Autism spectrum, struggled with social situations, and had few friends. After graduating from art school, she had a hard time supporting herself, and while she was a talented artist/designer, she had to move back in with her parents. She would spend long hours isolated in her room playing video games. At one point, she started identifying as male, and was seeing a psychiatrist about a mood disorder (we don't know what medicines she was on, and if those played a role here). And ultimately, she snapped, and went into the abyss

So here is where we are: it isn't just disaffected and lonely young men killing themselves, or others. It is now young girls.

And some of these young girls were told by radical parents and peers that the world is a hostile place, that they should look at themselves as victims, that there is no meaning in the universe, that religion is evil, that men are rapists, etc. Some are encouraged to embrace transgenderism, and end up permanently mutilating themselves at a young age. People that grow up hating themselves, and the world, end up being a danger to themselves, or others.

Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I think it is a false statement by the media to say "a woman did this"
The news reports were confusing, I was curious whether it was a man or a woman. The media really seemed to be avoiding whatever the truth was and so it took some research. In this particular case, since this was a transsexual woman who identified as a man, they broke with their normal woke policies and actually correctly identified the real sex. There is a problem with violence in these kinds of cases and so the media tried to bury the truth. It's all about presenting an acceptable narrative.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I watched this video today that gives another account of the circumstances surrounding this event. The presenter demonstrates the demonic spiritual influence behind what happened.

One fact he highlights is the girl's surname Hale. This name means someone who lives among the hollows. He links this to Mark 5:3 and the demon-possessed man who lived amongst the tombs.
Combined with the other evidence he presents, it is clear to me that there was a supernatural influence behind this atrocity.

This should serve as a reminder that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The news reports were confusing, I was curious whether it was a man or a woman. The media really seemed to be avoiding whatever the truth was and so it took some research. In this particular case, since this was a transsexual woman who identified as a man, they broke with their normal woke policies and actually correctly identified the real sex. There is a problem with violence in these kinds of cases and so the media tried to bury the truth. It's all about presenting an acceptable narrative.
My view is that anyone who has or had a penis is a man, regardless of pretending that he is a woman. I don't go along with this woke pronoun nonsense at all.

Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0