25 years in Faith Movement:The TRUTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Faith is an action and attribute of a spiritual being

Matt 17:20 (YLT)
And Jesus said to them, `Through your want of faith; for verily I
say to you, if ye may have faith as a grain of mustard, ye shall
say to this mount, Remove  hence to yonder place, and it shall
remove, and nothing shall be impossible to you,

Mark 11 (YLT)
22 And Jesus answering saith to them, `Have faith of God;
23 for verily I say to you, that whoever may say to this mount, Be taken up, and be cast into the sea, and may not doubt in his heart, but may believe that the things that he saith do come to pass, it shall be to him whatever he may say.

In each of these passages, there are two components:
1. A belief in the heart, and:
2. Saying the same thing that is believed.

Some refute the concept that God exercises faith, and so refute the literal translation of Mark 11:22: "...Have faith of God." or "have the God kind of faith".

This translation is supported by the word for word Greek, where the Greek word "en" (in) is not found, and the word for "God" is correctly translated "of God". (see the literal translation above)  Furthermore see the following note from the Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge:

Mark 11:22 TSK
Have. # 9:23 2Ch 20:20 Ps 62:8 Isa 7:9 Joh 14:1  1:1
faith in God. or, the faith of God.

The entire context of the passage supports the concept that belief + words create results. Jesus had cursed a fig tree the day before... *with words*.

He spoke to it:

Mark 11:14 (YLT)
and Jesus answering said to it, `No more from thee--to the
age--may any eat fruit;' and his disciples were hearing.

The next day they walked by the tree and saw it dried up from the roots. They were amazed, and that is when He told them to have the "God kind of faith". The "God kind of faith" is faith that believes and speaks. In the next verse, He speaks quite plainly. If you speak to a mountain, and believe you have what you say, then it will happen.

His words are echoed in 1 Cor 13

"... if I have all faith, and could remove mountains..."

God used words to create the universe.

2 Peter:
5 for this is unobserved by them willingly, that the heavens were of old, and the earth out of water and through water standing together by the word of God,

Psalms 33
6 By the word of Jehovah The heavens have been made, And by the breath of His  mouth all their host.

Hebrews 11:3
 by faith we understand the ages to have been prepared by a saying of God, in regard to  the things seen not having come out of things appearing;

Here we see the same faith formula that Jesus referred to. Speaking what is believed in the heart. (The speaking is self evident, and the believing is clearly implied... unless you want to say that God spoke things that He did not believe!?)

Look at:

Romans 4:17 (YLT)
who is father of us all (according as it hath been written-- `A father of many nations I have set thee,') before Him whom he did believe-- God, who is quickening the dead, and is calling the things that be not as being.

In the great scholarly work "Word Pictures in the New Testament", there is the following entry:

Word Pictures NT - Roma 4:17 "
....{Calleth the things that are not as though they were}
(\kalountos ta  onta h sonta\).
"Summons the non-existing as existing."

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mark 11:22 is the only time in the NT where the phase "in God" is translated from "Theou". In every case where we see the phrase "in God", some other greek usage is used. This is a list of all such uses.

Instances of the phrase "in God" in the NT.

Matt 27:43 (KJS)
He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will
have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

The Greek is "epi ton theon", or "upon God"

Note: Here we see it stated that Jesus trusted in God. Jesus is God, and here it is said that he trusted in God. The verse is a quote from Psalms 22.

Psal 22:8 
He trusted on the LORD [that] he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

This psalm is universally accepted to be propheticlly speaking of Jesus.

Luke 1:47
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

"epi to theo" =upon God.

John 3:21
 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his
deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought
in God.

"en theo"  = in God

John 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe
also in me.

"eis ton theon" = into God

Acts 16:34
And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat
before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

"pepisteukos to theo" = believing God

Roma 5:11
And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord
Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

"en to theo"= in God

2Cor 1:9
But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should
not trust in ourselves, but in God  which raiseth the dead:

"epi to theo" = upon God

Ephe 3:9
And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

"en to theo" =  in God

Colo 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

"en to theo" = in God

1The 1:1
Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the
Thessalonians [which is] in God the Father and [in] the Lord
Jesus Christ: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our
 Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

"en theo" = in God

2The 1:1
Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of
the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus
Christ:

"en theo" = in God

1Tim 5:5
Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God,
and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.

"epi ton theon" = upon God

Titu 3:8
[This is] a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou
affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God
might be careful to maintain good works. These things
are good and profitable unto men.

"pepistuko tes to theo" = believed in God

1Pet 1:21
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the
dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might
be in God.

"en theon" =  in God

1Pet 3:5
 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who
trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto
their own husbands:

"epi ton theon" = upon God

1John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God
dwelleth in him, and he in God.

"en to theo" = in God

1John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us.
God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God,
and God in him.

"en to theo" = in God

Finally the instance in question:
Mark 11:22 (KJV)
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have
faith in God. {Have...: or, Have the faith of God}

"pistin theou" = faith of God

This is the only instance in the KJV  NT where "theou" is translated "in God" by the translators!! In every other case there is a preposition such as en, eis, or epi in the phrase. As stated before, no-one disputes that we should have faith in God. Yet in this verse the grammer does not support any other translation of the phrase than "have faith of God".

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Theou = OF GOD

Theou is translated "of God" throughout the NT and is used to assign attributes to God. These include grace, love, peace, mercy, wrath, and faith.  This study will show these instances.
Also included are examples of how it would be incorrect to force these into the objective as some attempt to do to in Mark 11:22.

The "grace of God" "caris qeou"

Luke 2:40, Acts 13:43, Acts 14:26, Acts 15:40, Acts 20:24, 1 Cor 1:4, 1 Cor 3:10, 1 Cor 15:10, 2 Cor 1:12, 2 Cor 6:1, 2 Cor 8:1, 2 Cor 9:14, Gala 2:21, Ephe 3:2, Ephe 3:7, Colo 1:6, Titu 2:11, Hebr 2:9, Hebr 12:15, 1 Pet 4:10, 1 Pet 5:12, Jude 1:4

These verses show that God possesses and exercises the attribute of grace. It is "God's Grace". He possesses this attribute, and we are  the beneficiaries of His grace. We would never take the phrase "charis theou" and interpret it "grace in God". One would not take this phrase and attempt to make God the "object of our grace" as they do when they attempt to interpret Mark 11:22 as "have faith in God".

The "love of God" "agaph tou qeou"

Luke 11:42, John 5:42, Rom 5:5, Roma 8:39, 1 Cor 13:14, 2 Thess 3:5, Titus 3:4, 1 John 2:5,  1 John 3:16, 1 John 3:17, 1 John 4:9, 1 John 5:3 Jude 1:21

Love, like grace and faith, are a part of God's nature and being. He has love and exercises love. We would not take the phrase "agape tou theou" and force it into the objective phrase "love in God". When we say that we have the love of God, we understand that it is His love in us.

1John 2:5 (ASV)
 but whoso keepeth his word, in him verily hath the love of God
been perfected. Hereby we know that we are in him:

When we say we have the faith of God, we know that it is Christ in us having the faith.

Gala 2:20 (KJS)
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the
faith of the Son of God
, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is not us having faith, it is Christ having faith in and through us.

Ephe 6:23 (YLT)
Peace to the brethren, and love, with faith, from God the Father,
and the Lord Jesus Christ!

Here we see that we actually receive peace, love and faith from God.  No-one doubts that God has love and peace to give us. Why should it be any different with faith? When we say that we should have that love of God in our lives, we are not saying that He is the always the object of that love. Of course He is the object of that love, but we understand that it is His love, and His kind of love that we are exercising. When we say we have the love of God, we mean we are having the same kind of love that He has.

The "wisdom of God" "sofia tou qeou"

Luke 11:49,1 Cor 1:21, 1 Cor 1:24, 1 Cor 2:7, Roma 11:33, Ephe 3:10 
Wisdom is an attribute of God. Wisdom belongs to God. He possesses and exercises wisdom. We can receive the wisdom of God. One would not attempt to translate this as "wisdom in God". We would not attempt to make "God the object" of our wisdom.

The "wrath of God" "orge qeou"

John 3:36, Roma 1:18, Ephe 5:6, Colo 3:6, Reve 14:10, Reve 14:19, Reve 15:1, Reve 15:7, Reve 16:1, Reve 19:15
God's wrath. One would not attempt to interpret this as "wrath in God". It would do the text great injury to attempt to translate this "wrath in God. And we certainly would not take this phrasology and say that "God is the object" of our wrath!

The "peace of God" "eirhnh tou qeou"

Phil 4:7, Colo 3:15
Peace is an attribute of God. He possesses peace, and we can receive His peace. We would not attempt to interpret this phrase as "peace in God" when it obviously and easily translates into "peace of God" or God's peace. God is not the object of our peace, rather He is the source. We receive His peace. He has peace and we receive it. This is also true of faith. We receive His faith. We were created by His faith, are sustained by His faith, and live because of the faith in His words.

The "mercies of God" "oiktirmwn tou qeou"

Roma 12:1 mercies of God
Mercy or compassion is an attribute of God. It is accurate to say "the mercy of God" or "God's mercy". It would not make sense to attempt to translate this "mercy in God".

That God is faithful, and that this is an attribute of His nature is also obvious.

Romans 3:
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the
faith of God without effect?

In this example, it is obvious that "...Faith of God..." is referring to His faithfulness, or the faithfulness of God.

Hence we see it is completely correct to read Mark 11:22 as "have the faith of God". Just as we can have the love of God and the peace of God... we also can have the faith of God. This is grammatically and logically sound.

Upvote 0
Dear Hobie,

God neither possesses faith or hope. He knows the end from the beginning and therefore needs neither.

Faith is not the same as being faithful or trustworthy. Therefore your conclusion is as invalid as your premise.

When we tell someone to keep the faith, we are telling them to keep on trusting in God. Because God is trustworthy, He is worthy of our faith.

Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. God needs not hope and He sees all things. There is NO ONE for God to trust in, NO ONE for God to put His hope in, NO ONE to be the object of God's faith FOR God is the end and the beginning of all things.

You simply ignore any biblical point that you can't reconcile with your false doctrines, and now you are inventing another imagination.

Why have you failed to address the points I have raised?
Why have you ignored the Scriptures I have brought to your attention?

You say you can't figure out why the Christian world doesn't believe as you do, well its because they don't like to follow after lies.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Hence we see it is completely correct to read Mark 11:22 as "have the faith of God". "

I totally disagree. You're changing the meaning of that verse. Look at the greek. Its aptly translated as Have faith in God. not the faith of God. Please do not change scripture to your liking. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Hobie,

You said earlier about starting a new thread on repentance that you were trying to show a more complete picture of your beliefs than otherwise is understood.

That is fine, it shows that you haven't missed out on all truth (-:

But showing you are 'orthodox' in some areas does not lend legitamacy to any false belief. Why don't you deal with the Scriptures your skeptics bring up?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I totally disagree. You're changing the meaning of that verse. Look at the greek. Its aptly translated as Have faith in God. not the faith of God. Please do not change scripture to your liking. Thanks

I have looked at the greek, and that is why I hold to this interpretation. I just made a string of posts detailing exactly why this is the correct translation. I can enumerate them if you like.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you deal with the Scriptures your skeptics bring up?

Perhaps you missed the last 4 or 5 posts I have made too. I can enumerate them for you also?

thanks

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God neither possesses faith...

and:

I totally disagree...

Well, you will have to do more than just throw out these ideas to dissuade me. I posted a large amount of scripture and information from the Greek and experts to back it up. You should attempt to do the same.

Anyone can say.."uh=uhhhhh"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I have looked at the greek, and that is why I hold to this interpretation. I just made a string of posts detailing exactly why this is the correct translation. I can enumerate them if you like."

You actually changed the whole meaning of the verse by changing what it says. It clearly says have faith in God, not have the faith of God. If you looked at the greek you would see that.

Well first off the greek of the text of matthew 27:48 you are questioning is

epi theos. these two words are quite easy to translate.

I read the translations of this word in the book of Mat...there are about 31 in the first 7 chapters..and it seems to be that it should be translated as I have stated. Is there a translation of the bible you can name that translates it the way you want to? Every translation I read says trust in God. Now if you are finished taking words out of context and changing defintions let me know ;)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well first off the greek of the text of matthew 27:48 you are questioning is

You are loking at the wrong verse. We are looking at Mk 11:22. Sorry.

Four Literal and ancient and modern versons:
(DRB)  And Jesus answering, saith to them: Have the faith of God.
(LITV)  And answering, Jesus said to them, Have faith of God.
(MKJV)  And answering Jesus said to them, Have faith of God.
(YLT)  And Jesus answering saith to them, `Have faith of God;

Barnes Commentary:
Have faith in God - Literally, “Have the faith of God.”

Clarks Commentary:
Have faith in God - Å÷åôå ðéϚéí èåïõ is a mere Hebraism: have the faith of God, i.e. have strong faith, or the strongest faith, for thus the Hebrews expressed the superlative degree; so the mountains of God mean exceeding great mountains - the hail of God, exceeding great hail, etc.

Gills Commentary:
have faith in God; or "the faith of God", so the Vulgate Latin, Syriac, Persic, and Ethiopic versions

Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge:
faith in God. or, the faith of God.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Umm...Can you please spell out those translations, thanks. I see the most widely used and in my opinion better translations all use faith IN God. :)

As far as those commentaries go, so what? 1. I don't have the whole of their text in front of me. 2 you switched verses 3. Anyone can write a commentary.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The context of that verse also seems to give the have faith IN God a better translation also. Its not your faith that moves mountains, its God that does it because of your faith. Again, its God that does it, not your faith, your faith isn't bigger then God if that's what you're imply, and God still does say no regardless of what you want :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by LouisBooth
Well first off the greek is...

I read the translations of this word in the book of Mat...there are about 31 in the first 7 chapters...

Again, you seem to be looking at the wrong verse. Mark 11:22 uses the single greek work theou. I did not want to have to do this, but here are the 650 occurances of the word, and the translation of them all. As you will see, Mk 11:22 is the only place translators insert the word "in" into the text:

Mt19:24 kingdom ofGod
Mt21:12 temple ofGod
Mt21:31 kingdom ofGod
Mt21:43 kingdom ofGod
Mt22:16 the way ofGod
Mt22:21 angels ofGod
Mt22:29 spoken by God
Mt22:30 throne ofGod
Mt22:31 temple ofGod
Mt23:22 throne ofGod
Mt26:61 temple ofGod
Mt26:63 Son ofGod
Mt27:40 Son ofGod
Mt27:43 Son ofGod
Mt27:54 Son ofGod
Mk1:1 Son ofGod
Mk1:14 kingdom ofGod
Mk1:15 kingdom ofGod
Mk1:24 Holy One ofGod
Mk2:26 house ofGod
Mk3:11 Son ofGod
Mk3:35 will ofGod
Mk4:11 kingdom ofGod
Mk4:26 kingdom ofGod
Mk4:30 kingdom ofGod
Mk5:7 Son ofGod
Mk7:8 commandment ofGod
Mk7:9 commandment ofGod
Mk7:13 word ofGod
Mk8:33 be ofGod
Mk9:1 kingdom ofGod
Mk9:47 kingdom ofGod
Mk10:14 kingdom ofGod
Mk10:15 kingdom ofGod
Mk10:23 kingdom ofGod
Mk10:24 kingdom ofGod
Mk10:25 kingdom ofGod
Mk11:22 faith in God
Mk12:14 way ofGod
Mk12:17 that are God's
Mk12:24 power ofGod
Mk12:34 kingdom ofGod
Mk14:25 kingdom ofGod
Mk15:39 Son ofGod
Mk15:43 kingdom ofGod
Mk16:19 right hand ofGod
Lk1:6 ordinances ofGod
Lk1:8 office before God
Lk1:19 presence ofGod
Lk1:26 sent ofGod
Lk1:35 the Son ofGod
Lk1:78  mercies ofGod
Lk2:40 grace ofGod
Lk3:2 word ofGod
Lk3:6 salvation ofGod
Lk3:38 (the son) ofGod
Lk4:3 Son ofGod
Lk4:4 word ofGod
Lk4:9 Son ofGod
Lk4:34 Holy One ofGod
Lk4:41 Son ofGod
Lk4:43 kingdom ofGod
Lk5:1 word ofGod
Lk6:4 house ofGod
Lk6:12 prayer to God(YLT=prayer ofGod)
Lk6:20 kingdom ofGod
Lk7:28 kingdom ofGod
Lk7:30 councel ofGod
Lk8:1 kingdom ofGod
Lk8:10 kingdom ofGod
Lk8:11 word ofGod
Lk8:21 word ofGod
Lk8:28 Son ofGod
Lk9:2 kingdom ofGod
Lk9:11 kingdom ofGod
Lk9:20 the Christ ofGod
Lk9:27 kingdom ofGod
Lk9:43 power ofGod
Lk9:60 kingdom ofGod
Lk9:62 kingdom ofGod
Lk10:9 kingdom ofGod
Lk10:11 kingdom ofGod
Lk11:20 kingdom ofGod
Lk11:28 word ofGod
Lk11:42 love ofGod
Lk11:49 wisdom ofGod
Lk12:6 forgotten before God
Lk12:8 Son ofGod
Lk12:9 angels ofGod
Lk12:31 kingdom ofGod
Lk13:18 kingdom ofGod
Lk13:20 kingdom ofGod
Lk13:28 kingdom ofGod
Lk13:29 kingdom ofGod
Lk14:15 kingdom ofGod
Lk15:10 kingdom ofGod
Lk16:15 angels ofGod
Lk16:16 kingdom ofGod
Lk17:20 kingdom ofGod
Lk17:21 kingdom ofGod
Lk18:16 kingdom ofGod
Lk18:17 kingdom ofGod
Lk18:24 kingdom ofGod
Lk18:25 kingdom ofGod
Lk18:29 God's sake
Lk19:11 kingdom ofGod
Lk20:21 way ofGod
Lk20:25 the things ofGod
Lk20:36 children ofGod
Lk21:4 offerings ofGod
Lk21:31 kingdom ofGod
Lk22:16 kingdom ofGod
Lk22:18 kingdom ofGod
Lk22:69 Son ofGod
Lk22:70 Son ofGod
Lk23:35 chosen ofGod
Lk23:51 kingdom ofGod
Lk24:19 before God
Jn1:6 men sent fRm God
Jn1:12 sons ofGod
Jn1:13 born ofGod
Jn1:29 the lamb ofGod
Jn1:34 the Son ofGod
Jn1:36 the lamb ofGod
Jn1:49 the Son ofGod
Jn1:51 angels ofGod
Jn3:2 (YLT ofGod)
Jn3:3 kingdom ofGod
Jn3:5  kingdom ofGod
Jn3:18 Son ofGod
Jn3:34 words ofGod
Jn3:36 wrath ofGod
Jn4:10 gift ofGod
Jn5:25 Son ofGod
Jn5:42 the love ofGod
Jn5:44 from God
Jn6:28 works ofGod
Jn6:29 work ofGod
Jn6:33 bread ofGod
Jn6:45 taught ofGod
Jn6:46 he who is ofGod
Jn6:69 son of the living God
Jn7:17 Son ofGod
Jn8:40 ye are not ofGod
Jn8:42 I came fRm God
Jn8:47 God's words
Jn9:3 works ofGod
Jn9:16 tnot ofGod
Jn9:33 not ofGod
Jn9:35 the Son ofGod
Jn10:35 word ofGod
Jn10:36 Son ofGod
Jn11:4 Son ofGod
Jn11:27 Son ofGod
Jn11:40 the glory ofGod
Jn11:52 children ofGod
Jn12:43 praise ofGod
Jn13:3 from God
Jn16:27 from God
Jn16:30 from God
Jn19:7 Son ofGod
Jn20:31 Son ofGod
Ac1:3  kingdom ofGod
Ac2:11 works ofGod
Ac2:22 approved ofGod
Ac2:23 foreknowledge ofGod
Ac2:33 hand ofGod
Ac4:19 sight ofGod
Ac4:31 word ofGod
Ac5:39 it be ofGod
Ac6:2 word ofGod
Ac6:7 word ofGod
Ac7:43 of your god
Ac7:46 before God
Ac7:55 glory ofGod
Ac7:55  hand ofGod
Ac7:56 hand ofGod
Ac8:10 power ofGod
Ac8:12 kingdom ofGod
Ac8:14 word ofGod
Ac8:20 gift ofGod
Ac8:21 sight ofGod
Ac8:22 and pray God
Ac8:37 Son ofGod
Ac9:20 Son ofGod
Ac10:2 prayed to God
Ac10:3 angel ofGod
Ac10:4 before God
Ac10:31 sight ofGod
Ac10:33  before God
Ac10:41 chosen ofGod
Ac10:42 ordained ofGod
Ac11:1 word ofGod
Ac11:23 grace ofGod
Ac12:22 voice ofGod
Ac12:24 word ofGod
Ac13:5 word ofGod
Ac13:7 word ofGod
Ac13:36 will ofGod
Ac13:43 grace ofGod
Ac13:44 word ofGod
Ac13:46 word ofGod
Ac14:22  kingdom ofGod
Ac14:26 grace ofGod
Ac15:40 grace ofGod
Ac16:17 servants ofGod
Ac17:13 word ofGod
Ac17:29 offspring ofGod
Ac18:11 word ofGod
Ac18:21 if God will
Ac18:26 way ofGod
Ac19:8  kingdom ofGod
Ac20:24 grace ofGod
Ac20:25  kingdom ofGod
Ac20:27 councel ofGod
Ac20:28 church ofGod
Ac22:3 zealous toward God (YLT zealous ofGod)
Ac23:4 God's high priest
Ac26:6 promise made ofGod
Ac26:22 help ofGod
Ac27:23 angel ofGod
Ac28:23 kingdom ofGod
Ac28:28 salvation ofGod
Ac28:31 kingdom ofGod
Rm1:1 gospel ofGod
Rm1:4 Son ofGod
Rm1:7 beloved ofGod
Rm1:10 will ofGod
Rm1:16 power ofGod
Rm1:17 righteousness ofGod
Rm1:18  wrath ofGod
Rm1:19 known ofGod
Rm1:23 glory of uncoruptable God
Rm1:25 truth ofGod
Rm1:32 judgement ofGod
Rm2:2 judgement ofGod
Rm2:3 judgement ofGod
Rm2:4 goodness ofGod
Rm2:5 judgement ofGod
Rm2:24 name ofGod
Rm2:29 but ofGod
Rm3:2 oracles ofGod
Rm3:3 the faith ofGod
Rm3:5 righteousness ofGod
Rm3:7 truth ofGod
Rm3:18 fear ofGod
Rm3:21 righeousness ofGod
Rm3:22 righteousness ofGod
Rm3:23 glory ofGod
Rm3:26 forebearance ofGod
Rm4:17 God of whom he believed
Rm4:20 promise ofGod
Rm5:2 glory ofGod
Rm5:5 love ofGod
Rm5:15 grace ofGod
Rm6:23 gift ofGod
Rm7:22 law ofGod
Rm7:25 law ofGod
Rm8:7 law ofGod
Rm8:9 Spirit ofGod
Rm8:14 sons ofGod
Rm8:16 children ofGod
Rm8:17 heirs ofGod
Rm8:19 sons ofGod
Rm8:21 children ofGod
Rm8:33 ofGod's elect
Rm8:34 hand ofGod
Rm8:39 love ofGod
Rm9:6 word ofGod
Rm9:8 children ofGod
Rm9:11 purpose ofGod
Rm9:16 (it is) ofGod
Rm9:26 children ofGod
Rm10:2 zeal ofGod
Rm10:3 God's righteousness
Rm10:17 word ofGod
Rm11:22 severity ofGod
Rm11:29 calling ofGod
Rm11:33 knowledge ofGod
Rm12:1 mercies ofGod
Rm12:2  will ofGod
Rm13:1 ordained ofGod
Rm13:2 ordinance ofGod
Rm13:4 minister ofGod
Rm13:6 God's ministers
Rm14:17 kingdom ofGod
Rm14:20 work ofGod
Rm14:22 to thyself before God
Rm15:7 glory ofGod
Rm15:8 truth ofGod
Rm15:15 given to me ofGod
Rm15:16 gospel ofGod
Rm15:19 Spirit ofGod
Rm15:32 will ofGod
Rm16:26 commandment ofGod
1c1:1 will ofGod
1c1:2 church ofGod
1c1:3 peace from God
1c1:4 grace ofGod
1c1:18 power ofGod
1c1:21 wisdom ofGod
1c1:24 wisdom ofGod
1c1:25 foolishness ofGod
1c1:25  weakness ofGod
1c1:30 made ofGod
1c2:1 tesTiony ofGod
1c2:5 power ofGod
1c2:7 wisdom ofGod
1c2:10 things ofGod
1c2:11 Spirit ofGod
1c2:12 spirit ofGod
1c2:14 Spirit ofGod
1c3:9 God's building
1c3:10 grace ofGod
1c3:16 temple ofGod
1c3:16  spirit ofGod
1c3:17 temple ofGod
1c3:17 temple ofGod
1c3:23 Christ is God's
1c4:1 mysteries ofGod
1c4:5 praise ofGod
1c4:20 kingdom ofGod
1c6:9 kingdom ofGod
1c6:10  kingdom ofGod
1c6:11 spirit ofGod
1c6:19 have from God
1c6:20 which are God's
1c7:7 gift ofGod
1c7:19 commandments ofGod
1c7:40 Spirit ofGod
1c10:31 glory ofGod
1c10:32 church ofGod
1c11:7 glory ofGod
1c11:12 are ofGod
1c11:16 churches ofGod
1c11:22 chruch ofGod
1c12:3 Spirit ofGod
1c14:36 the Word ofGod
1c15:9 church ofGod
1c15:10 the grace ofGod
1c15:15 fwitnesses ofGod
1c15:34 knowledge ofGod
1c15:50 kingdom ofGod
2c1:1 will ofGod
2c1:2 peace from God
2c1:4 comforted ofGod
2c1:12 grace ofGod
2c1:19 Son ofGod
2c1:20 pRmises ofGod
2c1:20  glory ofGod
2c2:17 word ofGod
2c3:3 Spirit ofGod
2c3:5 sufficiency is ofGod
2c4:2 word ofGod
2c4:4 image ofGod
2c4:6 the glory ofGod
2c4:7 be ofGod
2c4:15 glory ofGod
2c5:1 a building ofGod
2c5:18 all things are ofGod
2c5:20 (God's entreating)
2c5:21 the righteousness ofGod
2c6:1 the grace ofGod
2c6:4 ministers ofGod
2c6:7 the power ofGod
2c6:16 temple ofGod
2c7:1 fear ofGod
2c7:12 before God
2c8:1 the grace ofGod
2c8:5 the will ofGod
2c9:14 grace ofGod
2c10:5 knowledge ofGod
2c11:2 zeal ofGod
2c11:7 good news ofGod
2c12:19 before God in Christ
2c13:4 power ofGod
2c13:14 love ofGod
Ga1:1 through God
Ga1:3 from God
Ga1:4 will ofGod
Ga1:13 assembly ofGod
Ga1:20 before God
Ga2:20 Son ofGod
Ga2:21 grace ofGod
Ga3:3 faith ofGod
Ga3:17 before by God
Ga3:21 pRmises ofGod
Ga3:26 sons ofGod
Ga4:7 heir ofGod
Ga4:9 known ofGod
Ga4:14 angel ofGod
Ga5:21 kingdom ofGod
Ga6:16 Israel ofGod
Ep1:1 will ofGod
Ep1:2 peace fRm God
Ep2:8 gift ofGod
Ep2:19 household ofGod
Ep2:22 habitation ofGod
Ep3:2 grace ofGod
Ep3:7 grace ofGod
Ep3:10 wisdom ofGod
Ep3:19 fulness ofGod
Ep4:13 Son ofGod
Ep4:18 the life ofGod
Ep4:30 Spirit ofGod
Ep5:1 followers ofGod
Ep5:5 kingdom ofGod
Ep5:6  wrath ofGod
Ep5:21 in the fear ofGod
Ep6:6 servants ofGod
Ep6:11 armour ofGod
Ep6:13 armour ofGod
Ep6:17 word ofGod
Ep6:23 faith from God
Ph 1:2 peace from God
Ph 1:11 praise ofGod
Ph 1:28 that ofGod
Ph 2:6 the form ofGod
Ph 2:11 the glory ofGod
Ph 2:15 sons ofGod
Ph 3:9 ofGod
Ph 3:14 calling ofGod
Ph 4:7 peace ofGod
Co 1:1 will ofGod
Co 1:2 from God
Co 1:6 grace ofGod
Co 1:10 knowledge ofGod
Co 1:15 image ofGod
Co 1:25 dispensation ofGod
Co 1:25  word ofGod
Co 2:2 mystery ofGod
Co 2:12 God's working
Co 2:19  increase ofGod
Co 3:1 hand ofGod
Co 3:6 wrath ofGod
Co 3:12 elect ofGod
Co 3:15 peace ofGod
Co 4:11 kingdom ofGod
Co 4:12 will ofGod
1t1:1 fRm God our Father
1t1:3 the sight ofGod
1t1:4 election ofGod
1t2:2 gospel ofGod
1t2:4 allowed ofGod
1t2:8 gospel ofGod
1t2:9 gospel ofGod
1t2:12 worthy ofGod
1t2:13 word ofGod
1t2:14 churches ofGod
1t3:2 minister ofGod
1t3:9  before God
1t3:13 before God
1t4:3 will ofGod
1t4:16 trump ofGod
1t5:18 will ofGod
2t1:2 peace from God
2t1:4 churches ofGod
2t1:5 kingdom ofGod
2t1:12 grace of our God
2t2:4 temple ofGod
2t3:5 love ofGod
1Ti 1:1 commandment ofGod
1Ti 1:2 peace from God
1Ti 1:4 dispensation ofGod
1Ti 1:11 glory ofGod
1Ti 2:3 sight ofGod
1Ti 2:5 mediator ofGod
1Ti 3:5 church ofGod
1Ti 3:15 assembly ofGod
1Ti 4:4 creature ofGod
1Ti 4:5 word ofGod
1Ti 5:4 before God
1Ti 5:21 before God
1Ti 6:1 name ofGod
1Ti 6:11 man ofGod
1Ti 6:13 sight ofGod
2Ti 1:1 will ofGod
2Ti 1:2 peace from God
2Ti 1:6 gift ofGod
2Ti 1:8 power ofGod
2Ti 2:9 word ofGod
2Ti 2:19 foundation ofGod
2Ti 3:17 man ofGod
2Ti 4:1 before God
Tt1:1 servant ofGod
Tt1:3 commandment ofGod
Tt1:4 peace from God
Tt1:7 steward ofGod
Tt2:5 word ofGod
Tt2:10 doctrine ofGod
Tt2:11 grace ofGod
Tt2:13 of the great God
Tt3:4 love ofGod
Pe 1:3 peace from God
Hb 1:6 angels ofGod
Hb 2:4 (God's witness)
Hb 2:9 grace ofGod
Hb 3:12 from the living God
Hb 4:9 people ofGod
Hb 4:12 word ofGod
Hb 4:14 Son ofGod
Hb 5:4 called ofGod
Hb 5:10 called ofGod
Hb 5:12 oracles ofGod
Hb 6:5 word ofGod
Hb 6:6 Son ofGod
Hb 6:7 blessing fRm God
Hb 7:1 priest ofGod
Hb 7:3 Son ofGod
Hb 9:24 presence ofGod
Hb 10:12 hand ofGod
Hb 10:21 the house ofGod
Hb 10:29 Son ofGod
Hb 10:31 hands God
Hb 10:36 will ofGod
Hb 11:3 word ofGod
Hb 11:4 (God's testimony)
Hb 11:25 people ofGod
Hb 11:40 ofGod provided
Hb 12:2 throne ofGod
Hb 12:15 grace ofGod
Hb 12:22 city ofGod
Hb 13:7 word ofGod
Jm1:1 servant ofGod
Jm1:5 ask ofGod
Jm1:13 tempted ofGod
Jm1:20 righteousness ofGod
Jm2:23 friend ofGod
Jm3:9 similitude ofGod
Jm4:4 enemy ofGod
1p1:2 foreknowledge ofGod
1p1:5 power ofGod
1p1:23 word ofGod
1p2:10 people ofGod
1p2:15 will ofGod
1p2:16 servants ofGod
1p2:19 toward God
1p3:4 sight ofGod
1p3:17 the will ofGod
1p3:20 longsuffering ofGod
1p3:22 hand ofGod
1p4:2 will ofGod
1p4:10 grace ofGod
1p4:11 oracles ofGod
1p4:14 Spirit ofGod
1p4:17 news ofGod
1p4:19 will ofGod
1p5:2 flock ofGod
1p5:6 hand ofGod
1p5:12 grace ofGod
2p1:1 righteousness ofGod
2p1:2 knowledge ofGod
2p1:17 received from God
2p1:21 men ofGod
2p3:5 word ofGod
2p3:12 day ofGod
1Jn2:5 love ofGod
1Jn2:14 word ofGod
1Jn2:17 will ofGod
1Jn3:1 children ofGod
1Jn3:2 children ofGod
1Jn3:8 Son ofGod
1Jn3:9 begotten ofGod
1Jn3:10 children ofGod
1Jn3:17 love ofGod
1Jn4:1 they are ofGod
1Jn4:2 is ofGod
1Jn4:3 is not ofGod
1Jn4:4 ye are ofGod
1Jn4:6 we are ofGod
1Jn4:7 love is ofGod
1Jn4:7  born ofGod
1Jn4:9 love ofGod
1Jn4:15 Son ofGod
1Jn5:1 is born ofGod
1Jn5:2  children ofGod
1Jn5:3 love ofGod
1Jn5:4 begotten ofGod
1Jn5:5 Son ofGod
1Jn5:9 witness ofGod
1Jn5:10 Son ofGod
1Jn5:12 Son ofGod
1Jn5:13 Son ofGod
1Jn5:13 Son ofGod
1Jn5:18 begotten ofGod
1Jn5:19 we are ofGod
1Jn5:20 Son ofGod
2Jn1:3 peace from God
3Jn1:6 worthily ofGod
3Jn1:11 he is ofGod
Jd 1:4 grace of our God
Jd 1:21 love ofGod
Rv1:2 word ofGod
Rv1:9 word ofGod
Rv2:7 paradise ofGod
Rv2:18 Son ofGod
Rv 3:1 seven spirits ofGod
Rv 3:2 perfect before God
Rv 3:12 temple of my God
Rv 3:12  name of my God
Rv 3:12 the city of my God
Rv 3:12 heaven from my God
Rv 3:14 creation ofGod
Rv 4:5 seven spirits ofGod
Rv 5:6 seven spirits ofGod
Rv 6:9 word ofGod
Rv 7:2 seal of the living God
Rv 7:3 servants of our God
Rv 7:15 throne ofGod
Rv 8:2 before God
Rv 8:4 before God
Rv 9:4 seal ofGod
Rv 9:13 before God
Rv10:7 mystery ofGod
Rv11:1 temple ofGod
Rv11:4 before God
Rv11:11 life fRm God
Rv11:16 before God
Rv11:16 before God
Rv11:19 temple ofGod
Rv12:6 prepared ofGod
Rv12:10 kingdom ofGod
Rv12:17 commands ofGod
Rv14:5 throne ofGod
Rv14:10 wrath ofGod
Rv14:12 commands ofGod
Rv14:19 wrath ofGod
Rv15:1 wrath ofGod
Rv15:2 harps ofGod
Rv15:3 servant ofGod
Rv15:7 wrath ofGod
Rv15:8 glory ofGod
Rv16:1 wrath ofGod
Rv16:9 name ofGod
Rv16:14 day ofGod
Rv16:19 before God
Rv17:17 words ofGod
Rv19:9 sayings ofGod
Rv19:13 Word ofGod
Rv19:15 anger ofGod
Rv19:17 supper ofGod
Rv20:4 word ofGod
Rv20:6 priests ofGod
Rv20:9 fire from God
Rv20:12 before God
Rv21:2 from God
Rv21:3 temple ofGod
Rv21:10 from God
Rv21:11 glory ofGod
Rv21:23 glory ofGod
Rv22:1 throne ofGod
Rv22:3 throne ofGod

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why don't you find where the 2 words are together in the NT and list the translations of those huh? I'm still very very very very unconvinced.

I have done that already. Please see post 142 in this thread where every instance of in God is found. In not one instance is the word theou found. In every instance a preposition such as en is used.

My study is exhaustive. I have listed every single instance of theou (650) and have shown that all but one (mk 11:22) is correctly translated "of God" or some similar meaning. I have listed every single instance where the phrase "in God" is found and have shown that in every instance a preposition is used and that never is theou used to indicate "in God".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.