• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

2021: Where I'm at Now Pt. 1

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Nicole Roberson, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Nicole Roberson

Nicole Roberson New Member

+67
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Hi everyone.

First I wanted to say Happy New Year! (I guess I'm a little late for that, hehe).

So, I decided that now would be a good time to write an update on my testimony. While because of God I have many great things, and I thank God everyday. I'm moving along in university and have one more year to go.

Our family has had tragedy. We had an ambilobe panther chameleon (for those who don't know, that's a sub-species). He passed away On January 10th from a lung infection, something that he had been dealing with for months, but it became more apparent in the last few months of his life, as reptiles are known to hide their illnesses. He held on for awhile, but at a point couldn't anymore.

On January 27th, one of our dogs, at 12 years old, passed away from this type of sarcoma (I forget the name). We had no idea that it was coming to this. We knew he had a mass that showed up in an x-ray. he passed before we even had a chance to get him tested. Along with that he had a hairline fracture in his rib, but he had been recovering from that with medication. On the day of his death, he went out to the backyard to go potty as normal, ate his food. But when it was time to walk he didn't want to, so we took our other guy only. My mom went shopping and I told her how he was rocking back and forth like he was seizuring, and defecating. He tried to get off the couch, but his back legs went out behind him, like they were paralyzed. He tried to stand but collapsed. He was struggling to breathe. We knew he had to go to the vet immediately so I carried him to the car. His vet said they don't have the proper oxygen equipment. So we had to go to the emergency vet, and by the time we arrived, he passed away in the backseat next to me, with my arm around him. Then we had to let him all know he died, bring back to the regular vet, and watch them carry his body on a stretcher. We recently got his ashes. I don't even have the words to describe how hard that hit us. And we're still hurting. Our other dog (he's 13, 4 months older than the one who passed) is dealing with it, not as bad as we thought, but he constantly looks for him, ears perk up at the mention of his name, and has even seemed off on days, a little down.

Our family has difficulties. My mom had C. difficil, has achy joints and a currently very painful heel, among other health issues. We've been in financial limbo with things, but are gradually coming out of it, but there's still stuff currently, the mortgage, etc. My autistic brother has had behavioral issues over the years that we know are brought on by the devil. He's developed hatred for certain people for no reason, and he's never really even hated people before, not that we could ever see clearly, due to his autism. At his adult daycare program (which he was since kicked out of) he physically attacked one of the job coaches. There are things that set him off. During one of his outbursts, we've seen his eyes turn black and he would bear his teeth. One of the last issues we had with him, he advanced on us was going to hit one of us, that's before my mom and I recited scripture aloud in Jesus' name, and he stopped immediately, but he smashed his tv remote in pieces. There are things that he's said and threatened to do and we know that is NOT my brother. So many attacks on all of us.

• Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I have an Autistic grandchild and the attacks are usually created by the Autistic brain unable to comprehend and communicate with people. If you've ever been in a war zone, that's what his house looks like. He appreciates my attention, but if I'm at the house (fixing damage) I can expect to see my tools flying across the room because he is jealous of the attention I give the tools. But every person with Autism is differently motivated.

3. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+8,205
    Messianic
    Private
    I have been praying over the issues mentioned in your post…