✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
CHRIST IS BORN!

First from Lalibela, Ethiopia, the Beza Kulu celebration (I'm not sure exactly what this is, but it is apparently connected to Ethiopian nativity, since it comes up in searches when you organize by date), because it is live right now as I am posting this, and very impressive:

From Egypt, at the new Cathedral of the Nativity (est. 2019), east of Cairo in the as-yet-unnamed new administrative capital, celebrated by HH Pope Tawadros II:

Also from Egypt, but from the Syriac Orthodox in Cairo (Gamrah), at the Church of the Theotokos:

I couldn't find any video from the Armenians in Etchmiadzin or anywhere else (well, there was one in California, but it was just highlights), but that's probably because I don't know what the word for "nativity" is in their language/don't know how to search for it. If I find it, I'll add it to this thread.

Reactions: anna ~ grace

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This Armenian Badarak from St. Vartan Cathedral in NY is the most complete I've found yet from an Armenian Church. It's really neat to hear some English in the blessings of HG Bishop Daniel, as you can hear at the beginning ("Christ is born and Revealed!", which is the traditional Nativity greeting for the Armenians, since they keep the Nativity and Epiphany celebrations together, as they say everyone used to do a very, very long time ago, before the Nativity was established as its own celebration).

• Informative
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Finally, here is a snippet of some of the Malankara Orthodox Church's celebration, at a church somewhere in America. I wasn't aware until searching for this that the Malankarans are apparently on the Gregorian calendar...or at least they are appear to be in the West. I know that's the case with the Syriac Orthodox here in the USA and in Canada, too, so maybe it's a pan-Syrian thing.

Upvote 0