Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You dont understand that these days, and especially on the right - with massive propaganda reinforcement - your voting choice isnt just something you do. Its who you are.

The slightest expression of regret threatens one's very identity anymore.

Oh, I get that it happens. I just don't quite understand why.

That's what people on the other side of the political fence imagine to be the case, all right. I have noticed that if a person is generally on the other side, however, the forces playing upon him to conform are even stronger.

They're obviously there on the left, though I don't know that I'd agree that they're stronger. Either way, the big difference is that the push towards conformity on the left is towards a set of ideas or ideals, whereas on the right, it's much more tied to Trump as an individual than to any specific set of policies. That's a pretty new development and not one I'd expected even a few years ago.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Comrades: Where is Democrat love for traditional marriage of one man, one female and one or two girlfriends? Presidential Trump will keep tradition marriage safe from perverted Evil Democrats. They tear fabric of curtains in America. They must be stopped!
Wasn’t Trump dating his wife while he was still married?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

With Donald it's necessary to ask which wife you're referring to.

Actually no it's not on account of how he repeated the pattern.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, he was having an affair with Melania when he was still married to his second wife, Marla. Marla was his mistress when he was married to his first wife, Ivana. He also had an affair with a inappropriate content star, Stormy Daniels, shortly after Melania gave birth to their son, Barron. He fathered five children with three different women. And that's not to mention his vulgar bragging about sexually groping women.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When was the last time you heard someone question the faith of an adulterer because of his adultery? Not just condemn his adultery, but deny the authenticity of his faith because of his adultery? Or for any other sin, besides homosexuality?

Today.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I get that it happens. I just don't quite understand why.....
The answer is so simple that it sounds ridiculous, but I think its correct: right wing talk radio during a time of cultural, economic, and demographic shift.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow ... you're a first for me.

All the conservatives I know are whining about things like reverse discrimination, women being empowered to call out sleazy men on their offensiveness, everybody not being on the Trump train, taxes being wealth redistribution, whistle-blowers identities not being divulged, enquiry testimony not being divulged, bias against them on Facebook, school kids not wanting to be shot, sixteen years olds protesting global warming, etc, etc., etc. ...

It's quite a long list.

Never once heard a conservative whine"kids don't want to be shot" or that "women can call out sleazy men" . Perhaps you could provide me with a link to them whining those exact things? As for a sixteen year old scolding adults over global warming , That is just kind of funny. Good for a laugh but not anything to take seriously. Seems to me that you are equating criticism with whining. When one whines one is complaining that it is unfair that others aren't doing enough things for them or that others are unfairly expecting one to act in a responsible manner rather than in the irresponsible manner one prefers to act. When one criticizes one is pointing out what one thinks is a bad idea.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is Mr. Trump’s understanding of “Traditional Courtship” while being in a “Traditional Marriage.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Comrades: Where is Democrat love for traditional marriage of one man, one female and one or two girlfriends?
Ouch.

On the other hand, I think you will agree that the OP was a hanging curveball, begging to be crushed. Which you did, obviously.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ouch.

On the other hand, I think you will agree that the OP was a hanging curveball, begging to be crushed. Which you did, obviously.
I live to serve.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,129.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It seems to delight some people to be able to say that. But elections are a matter of choosing between the candidates that are on the ballot, not anyone from the general public. So what choice do you imagine Christians had when they went to vote in 2016?

Where was the saint listed on the ballot? Or could these voters possibly have chosen between two imperfect persons...and chose the one that pledged to help and respect the church and religious freedom? That doesn't seem craven or illogical to me.

Write-in candidate - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes, he was having an affair with Melania when he was still married to his second wife, Marla. Marla was his mistress when he was married to his first wife, Ivana. He also had an affair with a inappropriate content star, Stormy Daniels, shortly after Melania gave birth to their son, Barron. He fathered five children with three different women. And that's not to mention his vulgar bragging about sexually groping women.

In other words, traditional marriage.

One man, one several woman women.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What I find offensive is that attempt, by deceptive wording, to make Barr's comments be a verification of what President Trump said about a new Great Awakening. Anyone who reads the article and Barr's own words can see that he did not do so. The article, however, attempts to deceive the reader. See this wording that followed a reference to what Trump had said--

"Evidently, this politically inspired Great Awakening is necessary, at least according to Attorney General William Barr, who spoke a day earlier at Notre Dame’s law school and condemned societal ills on conspiring American secularists."

Barr, of course, said no such thing. The writer of the article associated Barr's word's with Trump's theory about a new Great Awakening and his part in it.

But Barr didn't say that. Not according to the article. Barr simply said that secularism is gaining influence in our society and that this is unfortunate for various reasons he then identified. That, as it stands, is so obvious that it is hardly controversial.

Notice also how the writer makes Barr out to be the purveyor of some conspiracy theory although none is involved. That's done by saying of Barr that he had a "conspiratorial flair," which is a way of saying it without saying it, so as to protect against being accused of claiming that Barr is, actually, a conspiracy theorist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn't see where Demacrats said anything bad. Compared to the guy trying to brainwash people into voting Republican.You're basically bad if you don't.

Upvote 0