Aug 27, 2014
✟429,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I heard the same thing said about Clinton and the religious left.

Wait, what? The ones saying that then are the same ones who are supporting Trump now!

I'm not sure this is a road that religious people who support Trump should want to go down...

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I guess you must consider consider the totality Christianity to consist of white southerners who are mostly Evangelical. Black Southern Baptists, Hispanic Catholics, etc. must in your mind be either secular groups or non Christian religions.
No, that's what's in the mind of white southerners who are mostly Evangelical.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Trump does not support Christian values. He is an atheist, who lies and cheats and steal, and the GOP religious right support him.
My question is ... as the white evangelicals have gotten into bed with Trump, ... when he goes down, ... do they go down with him ?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Maybe those groups have been pressed into submission or sidelined, or have voluntarily withdrawn from the public arena. I would not deny the existence of the these quiet pockets of alternative Christianity.

But the main thrust of Christianity in the USA is a serve as a pillar in the Republican party temple. Thats how it looks, anyway.

What's sad is that Christianity that actually includes Christ (and *his* values) must now be considered as alternative.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's funny.

All the conservatives I know are the "most oppressed" whiners ...

I wonder how many conservatives you know all that well. As a somewhat conservative, I will admit I am not any more oppressed than anyone else . Every problem or shortcoming I have in my life is a consequence of my own decision making and not the work of some identity group that wishes my identity group harm. That being the case I can hardly whine about being oppressed.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
My question is ... as the white evangelicals have gotten into bed with Trump, ... when he goes down, ... do they go down with him ?

They’ll deny ever knowing him. They were not fooled by the clearly horrible man and no True Christians we’re fooled either.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
No, Trump does not support Christian values. He is an atheist, who lies and cheats and steal, and the GOP religious right support him.

I don’t think he is an atheist. I honestly do not believe he has ever considered the question “Does a god exist?” He simply doesn’t care. He just goes with whatever is best for him financially/politically in that moment.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What seems to work for them? Advocating for people to accept adultery, fornication and other sins as pleasing to God?
When was the last time you heard someone question the faith of an adulterer because of his adultery? Not just condemn his adultery, but deny the authenticity of his faith because of his adultery? Or for any other sin, besides homosexuality?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it seems like they are. The fastest growing population in this country seem
to be atheist or non theist . It’s a toss up between which is pushing people away faster, the authoritarian sexist fascism or the pseudosciences they want to teach

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Going by the numbers, such people are already doomed to replacement by the rise of what have been termed "South Park Republicans": the younger, hipper generation of Republicans who are mostly fiscally conservative, but fairly liberal on the kinds of social issues that today define someone as a 'white evangelical'.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because he supports us.
It ain't rocket science.
M-Bob
“You don’t understand, he really loves me!”

Now where have I seen this sentiment before?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many conservatives you know all that well. As a somewhat conservative, I will admit I am not any more oppressed than anyone else . Every problem or shortcoming I have in my life is a consequence of my own decision making and not the work of some identity group that wishes my identity group harm. That being the case I can hardly whine about being oppressed.
Wow ... you're a first for me.

All the conservatives I know are whining about things like reverse discrimination, women being empowered to call out sleazy men on their offensiveness, everybody not being on the Trump train, taxes being wealth redistribution, whistle-blowers identities not being divulged, enquiry testimony not being divulged, bias against them on Facebook, school kids not wanting to be shot, sixteen years olds protesting global warming, etc, etc., etc. ...

It's quite a long list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When was the last time you heard someone question the faith of an adulterer because of his adultery? Not just condemn his adultery, but deny the authenticity of his faith because of his adultery? Or for any other sin, besides homosexuality?
Why does homosexuality get singled out ?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Evangelicals do not accept their own failing but will blame you.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow ... you're a first for me.

All the conservatives I know are whining about things like reverse discrimination, women being empowered to call out sleazy men on their offensiveness, everybody not being on the Trump train, taxes being wealth redistribution, whistle-blowers identities not being divulged, enquiry testimony not being divulged, bias against them on Facebook, school kids not wanting to be shot, sixteen years olds protesting global warming, etc, etc., etc. ...

It's quite a long list.

Don't forget homosexuals coming out of the closet or complaining about gay rights and same-sex marriage or Democrats hate America and Democrats want to destroy America or Democrats want to take away their guns or Democrats aren't "true Christians" or the horror of Democrats embracing non-religious voters or pointing their judgmental finger at some liberal politician for lying and pretending to be morally indignant while willfully ignoring the undeniable fact that Donald Trump repeatedly lies or judging some liberal politician for some other kind of immoral behavior while willfully ignoring the fact that Donald Trump is the epitome of immoral behavior or coming up with lame excuses to dismiss his unchristian behavior, like "I voted for a President, not a Pastor," while they cast stones at liberals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And If Trump believes that Jesus Christ is creator and Lord of all what would that make him?
Unless he has submitted himself fully to the Lordship of Jesus, that would make Trump just another person giving mental ascent to a spiritual truth.

Upvote 0