Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's enough negative talk to fill our ears, how about the positive and things gained this past year and half? Anything you've observed around you on a general level or in your own life that moving forward has had a positive impact in your life? If you can't think of one thing right now, I challenge you to find something and post it here :)

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll start, since 2020 I took up a running training plan for a half marathon. I'd never done that in my life before. Stuck it through, gained runner partners, traveled to some places and planned out routes and have some fun memories that were shaped this past year that help me move forward into this year. The best part is my health has been so much better for it and great friendships have formed, even if it wasn't all in person.

Outside of myself, I have noticed kind acts. A couple days ago I was driving by, an accident had happened and 2 guys were explaining to the police officer how it happened. A taller 6'5" guy gave a side hug to a shorter guy and he gave that side hug back. And they continued to explain. Wow! How often does that happen?

And later I was in the parking lot at a grocery store looking through my coupons and saw a man with a sign asking for donations for his family of 4. He was playing the violin on a sound system. My Christian radio started playing the song from the girl named night bird that sang "Its Ok". People walked across the parking lot to give money and a little girl gave carnations to each individual. She danced to the music in her flowy dress and beamed with delight. When I was leaving his wife had joined in playing the violin.

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm... This is really tough. Not that positive things haven't happened, because they certainly have, but they have all been very bittersweet for me. I got out of an abusive relationship, which is absolutely wonderful, but it was definitely a painful experience to go through. I have a career now where I get to help people directly in a patient care team at a hospital (as a dietitian tech), but I see a lot of death and suffering on a regular basis (as well as recovery and growth) since I work in the ICU and the CCU. I've been seeing a lot of family and friends going through similar life altering changes, and it's been a tumultuous time for us all.

I think the recent events have definitely given much for people to ponder... Hopefully they utilize this opportunity for positive change, even if that change is an uncomfortable process to go through for the time being.

• Optimistic
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... This is really tough. Not that positive things haven't happened, because they certainly have, but they have all been very bittersweet for me. I got out of an abusive relationship, which is absolutely wonderful, but it was definitely a painful experience to go through. I have a career now where I get to help people directly in a patient care team at a hospital (as a dietitian tech), but I see a lot of death and suffering on a regular basis (as well as recovery and growth) since I work in the ICU and the CCU. I've been seeing a lot of family and friends going through similar life altering changes, and it's been a tumultuous time for us all.

I think the recent events have definitely given much for people to ponder... Hopefully they utilize this opportunity for positive change, even if that change is an uncomfortable process to go through for the time being.
Thanks for coming up with some positive things. Sounds like it really was a tough year for you. I hope/prayers moving forward these experiences will strengthen you as you press into the Lord.

Upvote 0

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for coming up with some positive things. Sounds like it really was a tough year for you. I hope/prayers moving forward these experiences will strengthen you as you press into the Lord.

Well... I'm not sure I'd describe it as tough in the negative sense. I'd describe it as a purification by fire. The stuff that's superfluous melts away and what's left is solid and a stable foundation to build from. :)

To me, that's a pretty wonderful thing!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was busy as i could manage (with a teaching job plus taking care of my mom), with quite a few sales of art work. And this summer i have several projects i wanted to complete and i have finished one and two more are now being worked on. With a fourth one on the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was busy as i could manage (with a teaching job plus taking care of my mom), with quite a few sales of art work. And this summer i have several projects i wanted to complete and i have finished one and two more are now being worked on. With a third on the way.
Being busy and occupied can be a good thing :) no time for boredom or loneliness.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Being busy and occupied can be a good thing :) no time for boredom or loneliness.

Boredom is a term i really do not understand. I am not sure, me being a creative person if that has given me a perspective in life where i have never been bored. It always seems i have something to do, and actually it is rather the opposite. I really enjoy the few moments i have, when i just have nothing to do.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The doctor said that after my cousin taking birth control for a very long time that she wouldn't get pregnant even if she stopped taking it. Now I don't know what the odds were but she did end up having the most adorable little girl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for making a thread for us to think about the blessings we've received recently instead of the bad times. It is uplifting. :) For myself...

-I got my first job last year, but that was both good and bad. It was exciting at first and the money was nice, but sadly I didn't enjoy it much, so I quit last month. Now I look back and wonder why I ever applied for the job, but one good thing did come from it: I learned some cool new art techniques from the others.

-I made my first computer game on my own.

-I finally fully realized how harmful social media can be to my mental and emotional health. The positive thing about that is it helped me to step back and be more careful about using social media, which dramatically improved my mental and emotional health overall.

-That is probably the reason why I've regained interest in my hobbies that I had lost before. I've done lots of digital art in the past year and a half and got back into writing!

-My family got a Nintendo Switch and I got to play some new games! So much fun!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I stumbled upon a YouTube channel a few weeks ago. The mood was light and effervescent. And her joy was infectious. She's the loveliest person I've ever encountered in this realm.

You can't feign the kindness and wholesomeness she emits. Sometimes my eyes tear unexpectedly. Because she's so beautiful. Not in the sense most appreciate. She possesses true beauty. I find myself relaxing and opening when I watch her and my heart is soothed.

I see a lot myself in her. Perhaps that's why I cry. I want the same. The freedom, simplicity, and wonder. I used to be light and airy. But I was told it was fanciful and put it away. And lost my wonder and innocence by doing so.

Rekindling them is changing me. I feel a divide that wasn’t present. I can lose myself in a book, cup of tea, etc. and tune out the world. I’m very removed now. And I need that.

~bella

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for making a thread for us to think about the blessings we've received recently instead of the bad times. It is uplifting. :) For myself...
You're welcome. I'm really enjoying seeing what others are thankful for and reflecting on the good things that have happened during this unusual time. I hope everyone else is blessed by reading the praises that others have to share:)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I witness a neat event tuesday. Downtown i left my studio going to walk to the post office to mail a bill in. On my way there i notice a mom and dad duck walking down the sidewalks with 4 or 5 little duckling they were headed to the river.

So i walked along with them, so as to not get hit by a car or truck. But any way when i saw them they still had about a block and a half, before they would be at the river. but to shorten the story they made it fine.

Sorry no photos i do not carry a phone around with me.

They were Brazilian whistling ducks, here is a phot of one i took that was up in a tree, near my home.

DSCN8065+.jpg

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I witness a neat event tuesday. Downtown i left my studio going to walk to the post office to mail a bill in. On my way there i notice a mom and dad duck walking down the sidewalks with 4 or 5 little duckling they were headed to the river.

So i walked along with them, so as to not get hit by a car or truck. But any way when i saw them they still had about a block and a half, before they would be at the river. but to shorten the story they made it fine.

Sorry no photos i do not carry a phone around with me.

They were Brazilian whistling ducks, here is a phot of one i took that was up in a tree, near my home.

Thanks for sharing that! Even if that's not the picture that's really cute. I'm glad that you were able to reflect on a good moment in your day :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums