Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone. I’m seeking both advice, suggestions, encouragement and prayer if possible. I want to share this year and I know I’ve screwed up big time and haven’t been keeping in contact with Jesus too much even though he has been giving me his peace lately.

I’ve never had a year like this one where I feel like everything has gone wrong or bad has happened to me and my family too.

1. The end of last January, I found my bf who was cheating on me. I tried staying friends but it was extremely difficult. Nearing the 5-6 month mark, he started treating me badly, getting extremely angry and nasty towards me for no reason. When I asked him what I’ve done for him to be so angry and treat me as such. He said he doesn’t hate me and I’ve done nothing to deserve his anger... but we stopped talking in Aug. But, my inward struggle was devastatingly tough and I still struggle

2. I’ve had problems financially and with my job all year. I’m trying to find a career where I’ll be happy and where I’ll be able to support myself but that has proven to be extremely difficult and I just don’t know

3. In early Nov, my cousin (32), unexpectedly passed away and he had just gotten out of jail 2 days prior. My aunt/uncle are devastated. Their 1 daughter has also been in and out of the hospital due to a medical problem and she’s touch and go right now. Their other son is struggling with the deaths in a different way and he needs prayer.

3. Last week... my ‘aunt’ - not blood related but we were close growing up, she lost her 6 year battle with cancer, and on the same day, my aunt/uncle who lost their son, their dog had to be put to sleep bc he was too sick.

4. This one is on me and really is my fault. 1 am friends with this guy, we were intimate with each other several times since Aug, I had gotten attached to him bc he kept telling me he’s not ready to date, and he knew all about my ex and what I was struggling with. Saturday he told me this girl he’s known for 3 yrs, he’s going to start dating her. That threw me into depression again bc I had felt the same thing happened twice to me this year, although this latest one I have nothing to be upset about and the only person I can blame is myself. I was looking for love again, found it in him, even though it wasn’t the correct way and then I get hurt. I’ve been learning a lot the last 3 days about my current situation. While conversing with that ‘friend’ Monday and Tuesday, before receiving and sending those msgs, I kept receiving peace, esp on Monday. Right after I sent him my message, explaining myself to him, I was immediately filled with peace which lasted for about 5 hours that night. And the same thing happened yesterday. During this time, I haven’t thought of my ex really as this has taken precedence.

5. I haven’t been keeping in communication with God much at all in the last 2 months, yet, I still feel him working esp with the peace he’s been giving me lately which I’m thankful for. I’m holding on with a string. I have prayed asking the Holy Spirit to pray for me, and, been listening to a ton of Christian music. But, idk what else to do right now.

Been trying to get a hold of my ol high school teacher. Yes, been outta hs for years, but, he’s my go-to person bc he really does help me and I fully trust him.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone. I’m seeking both advice, suggestions, encouragement and prayer if possible. I want to share this year and I know I’ve screwed up big time and haven’t been keeping in contact with Jesus too much even though he has been giving me his peace lately.

I’ve never had a year like this one where I feel like everything has gone wrong or bad has happened to me and my family too.

1. The end of last January, I found my bf who was cheating on me. I tried staying friends but it was extremely difficult. Nearing the 5-6 month mark, he started treating me badly, getting extremely angry and nasty towards me for no reason. When I asked him what I’ve done for him to be so angry and treat me as such. He said he doesn’t hate me and I’ve done nothing to deserve his anger... but we stopped talking in Aug. But, my inward struggle was devastatingly tough and I still struggle

2. I’ve had problems financially and with my job all year. I’m trying to find a career where I’ll be happy and where I’ll be able to support myself but that has proven to be extremely difficult and I just don’t know

3. In early Nov, my cousin (32), unexpectedly passed away and he had just gotten out of jail 2 days prior. My aunt/uncle are devastated. Their 1 daughter has also been in and out of the hospital due to a medical problem and she’s touch and go right now. Their other son is struggling with the deaths in a different way and he needs prayer.

3. Last week... my ‘aunt’ - not blood related but we were close growing up, she lost her 6 year battle with cancer, and on the same day, my aunt/uncle who lost their son, their dog had to be put to sleep bc he was too sick.

4. This one is on me and really is my fault. 1 am friends with this guy, we were intimate with each other several times since Aug, I had gotten attached to him bc he kept telling me he’s not ready to date, and he knew all about my ex and what I was struggling with. Saturday he told me this girl he’s known for 3 yrs, he’s going to start dating her. That threw me into depression again bc I had felt the same thing happened twice to me this year, although this latest one I have nothing to be upset about and the only person I can blame is myself. I was looking for love again, found it in him, even though it wasn’t the correct way and then I get hurt. I’ve been learning a lot the last 3 days about my current situation. While conversing with that ‘friend’ Monday and Tuesday, before receiving and sending those msgs, I kept receiving peace, esp on Monday. Right after I sent him my message, explaining myself to him, I was immediately filled with peace which lasted for about 5 hours that night. And the same thing happened yesterday. During this time, I haven’t thought of my ex really as this has taken precedence.

5. I haven’t been keeping in communication with God much at all in the last 2 months, yet, I still feel him working esp with the peace he’s been giving me lately which I’m thankful for. I’m holding on with a string. I have prayed asking the Holy Spirit to pray for me, and, been listening to a ton of Christian music. But, idk what else to do right now.

Been trying to get a hold of my ol high school teacher. Yes, been outta hs for years, but, he’s my go-to person bc he really does help me and I fully trust him.

Focus on other people having problems and help them.
This will solve your situation over time.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Second Coming

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
✟10,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that in this world we will have tribulation.

Try and focus on your relationship with God and finding a good job, the other pieces of life will then start to fall into place.

In this life there will always be problems.

People die. That’s life.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

1. By you being nice to him, you exposed how evil he acted. That is why he hates you. Going forward, don't hang around boyfriends that cheat. Even if he doesn't treat you badly, it's not good for you. Just move on.

4. Don't be intimate with anyone until you are married. When you violate that, this is what happens.

I think you need to stay away from boys for a bit. Give it a year. And then when you start looking, look for a husband, not a boyfriend. Boyfriends are bad news. You want a husband. That is what you should go for. And be upfront with boys, that you want a husband, not a boyfriend.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus said that in this world we will have tribulation.

Try and focus on your relationship with God and finding a good job, the other pieces of life will then start to fall into place.

In this life there will always be problems.

People die. That’s life.
People do die, HOWEVER in the middle of grief that is not helpful ( even if it is a case where the person ( the deceased) was about ready to die ( due to suffering it is NOT easy for the family ( I have been there done that. There may always be problems but simply saying that will not help solve them

• Agree
Reactions: Christgirl67
Upvote 0