Oct 16, 2008
✟8,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The road to claim Lord Stanley's Cup has begun in earnest yet again. This will be for general discussion about your team and how they are doing in the playoffs. To that end, the Detroit Red Wings open up their playoff season with a 4-1 beating of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Let the games begin.

LUColt27

The hottest thing since sunburn
Oct 16, 2008
✟8,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vancouver is up 3-0 on a Blues team that managed to make it back into the playoffs.

The Red Wings look to do the same to the Blue Jackets in Columbus on Tuesday. I think the Wings stand a good chance at repeating as champs. Their offense is clicking, their D is stuffing any scoring opportunities by Columbus, and the Wizard of Oz is back in net.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Go Bruins! 1 game away from a sweep!

It's a good thing that I don't actually mind the Bruins, and like seeing Thomas and Savard do well, or I would be even more upset with the play of the Habs.

And a big 'BOO!' to the classless Montreal Canadiens fans who booed the American national anthem. An embarrasment to our whole country.

I don't see what the big deal is. I'm not saying it's a good thing that they booed, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a song. Nobody is hurt by it. I don't mind that some in St. Louis booed the Canadian anthem the other night, either. I love my country, and respect our anthem as part of it, but I don't expect anyone else, especially someone in another country, to care one lick about a piece of music that happens to be important to me.

And I don't understand why in an arena where the booing and crowd involvement and verbal taunting of opposing players is generally accepted, if not condoned, that anthems should be this one sacred cow that is exempt from being targetted.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
nhl_a_bruins1_725.jpg

Reactions: Gazelle
Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Because to many the anthem is sacred. It's a matter of respect. If nothing else, respect for yourself to not be seen as -sorry, I don't have a better word- classless.

I guess, but I don't see why so many people are making a big deal out of it (not necessarily you, but elsewhere I've seen people very angry). Like it's a shock that (some) Canadiens fans don't much care for the US.

On a lighter note, I must admit that the Montreal Canadiens are sacred to me. So please, show a little respect and do not gloat TOO much when the Bruins eliminate them from the playoffs. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I guess, but I don't see why so many people are making a big deal out of it (not necessarily you, but elsewhere I've seen people very angry). Like it's a shock that (some) Canadiens fans don't much care for the US.

On a lighter note, I must admit that the Montreal Canadiens are sacred to me. So please, show a little respect and do not gloat TOO much when the Bruins eliminate them from the playoffs. ;)

I promise to burn only 2 cars instead of the usual three. Oh wait, that's Montreal fans. :p

Reactions: Gazelle
Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I promise to burn only 2 cars instead of the usual three. Oh wait, that's Montreal fans. :p

They are, shall we say, passionate about things.

Usually, it's all in good fun. I had the chance to see the Bruins play the Habs in the Forum just before it closed down. We had the cheapest standing room tickets way up in the rafters. But then, so did a bunch of folks in from Boston and a bunch of Montrealers who came last minute. These were all blue-collar sorts of guys, so it was a bit gruff and not at all family friendly, but it was a blast watching them rib each other. Montreal was up 2-0 when Boston scored, and the Boston fans starting yelling over to tha Habs fans about the comeback. But then Montreal scored again almost right away, and then those Habs fans really let the Bruins guys have it (in both official languages, of course).

That sort of rivalry is great fun, and now I have some decent respect for the Bruins. They're my pick out of the East anyway. I'm a diehard Habs fan, but even I could see the writing on the wall considering how they ended the season.

Upvote 0

AdrocK48

Sep 29, 2008
Sydney
✟7,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go Bruins! 1 game away from a sweep!

and what a turn around the bruins have made on last year! going 0-8 to the canadians last year and losing in game 7 to a 5-0-1 record and on the verge of a sweep of the habs
i love my Bs

and what was with bergeron fighting the other day... it was funny cos he actually won it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LUColt27

Oct 16, 2008
✟8,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wings look to close out their series against Columbus tonight. They have completely dominated the Jackets, with Osgood going 144 minutes between goals allowed (He's only let in two the entire series), and the Wings doing pretty much whatever they want on offense. They should be able to finish tonight and get ready for the second round.

Upvote 0

LUColt27

Oct 16, 2008
✟8,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looking good for a Wings-Bruins final. :)
That would be fun to watch. 2 Original Six teams going toe-to-toe in the Finals? I'd gladly watch that. The Bruins did win in their regular season matchup, but Conklin was in goal. The Wizard of Oz has stepped it up in goal for the Wings this series.

Upvote 0