LOVE
Sep 24, 2005
New Zealand
✟34,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey ya'll, I'm Leah from Alabama. I am a married mom of 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. I am a fitness instructor and a personal trainer. I am enjoying being a mom of four kids and having a teenager. BTW, I am new here also.
Hi Leah...I was an aerobics instructor pre children...nice to meet you:wave:

Upvote 0

cyclemomof4

Dec 26, 2006
Southeastern USA
✟15,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Leah...I was an aerobics instructor pre children...nice to meet you:wave:
Thanks for the welcome. I started teaching 12 years ago to get back in shape after my second child. It was hard when the kids were little, now that everyone is in school it is much easier, also it keeps me busy while they are in school.

Upvote 0

ArohaB

LOVE
Sep 24, 2005
New Zealand
✟34,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the welcome. I started teaching 12 years ago to get back in shape after my second child. It was hard when the kids were little, now that everyone is in school it is much easier, also it keeps me busy while they are in school.
you're welcome, we were teaching at the same time lol..although i am no longer involved in instructing..but prefer to remain anonymous and just work out lol

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Carrie, nice to meet you :), any ideas what you might be doing for part-time work??? im going back to the work force this year too (God Willing of course)

I have a degree in speech pathology so I'll hopefully find a part-time job doing that. I can't do it right now because my state license has expired and I have kids that I wouldn't have anybody to watch. I can have my license renewed by the fall and our church school will then have openings for my kids.

I started working at my gym this week in the child care area. It's only a few hours a day, but, on top of what I get paid, I get my gym membership free and I can take my kids with me.

Upvote 0

ArohaB

LOVE
Sep 24, 2005
New Zealand
✟34,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a degree in speech pathology so I'll hopefully find a part-time job doing that. I can't do it right now because my state license has expired and I have kids that I wouldn't have anybody to watch. I can have my license renewed by the fall and our church school will then have openings for my kids.

I started working at my gym this week in the child care area. It's only a few hours a day, but, on top of what I get paid, I get my gym membership free and I can take my kids with me.
sounds like an interesting career doing speech pathology

I also worked in the creche in the gym...although my children were little so although i could take them to work with me, i didnt get the chance to work out as had no one to mind them lol

Upvote 0

kismet

Nov 28, 2006
✟15,119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What is a SAHM? Sorry I dont know what that is, but it sounds like it is a cooool thing to you. Plus you live in one of the most beautiful desert places in the US.

SAHM = stay at home mum/mother

edit to add - Oops - I missed the earlier answer...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UVsaturated

Dec 30, 2006
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SAHM = stay at home mum/mother

edit to add - Oops - I missed the earlier answer...
Thanks to you to. I read that one. Before that I thought it was an acronym for some military weapon that shot down airplanes or something. Welcome to the thread!

Upvote 0

UVsaturated

Dec 30, 2006
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey ya'll, I'm Leah from Alabama. I am a married mom of 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls. I am a fitness instructor and a personal trainer. I am enjoying being a mom of four kids and having a teenager. BTW, I am new here also.
Welcome to the thread! Keep those Yellowhammers in shape!

Upvote 0

UVsaturated

Dec 30, 2006
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And Yellowhammers would be ???

I may need to keep mine in shape too! :)
Yellowhammers is cyclemomof4's state nickname. It refers back to the Civil war days. Don't ask me for the specifics - I had to look it up but thought she would know what those yellowhammers were; being an Alabaman!!

It don't matter though, just keep em in shape. All of them. Every one of her students there. Never mind, I am being silly.

Have fun and I salute you and her!

Captain Anderson

Upvote 0

cyclemomof4

Dec 26, 2006
Southeastern USA
✟15,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the thread! Keep those Yellowhammers in shape!
I'll try. We are a house divided here. My oldest son is an Auburn fan. I was raised an Alabama fan. I hope our new coach can get the program back on it's feet. We are kinda of gun shy right now because we had a lot of faith in Coach Shula. Anyway, Roll Tide!!!!!!!
Thanks for the welcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cyclemomof4

Dec 26, 2006
Southeastern USA
✟15,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And Yellowhammers would be ???

I may need to keep mine in shape too! :)
It is part of a cheer for the University of Alabama football team. Ramma Jamma Yellowhammer (yellahamma)

In response to the other reply refering to the Yellowhammers having something to do with the Civil War...it could be, I don't know. What I do know is there was a local author who wrote a book called something like Ramma Jamma Yellahamma (or yellowhammer) and it was a book on Alabama football. That is all I know. I'll check on the civil War thing.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think this may be my first post in the Life Stages section of CF!

cc, 35, living in south central Pennsylvania, aka northern Alabama, aka Pennsyltucky, aka The Snack Food Capital of the World.

Married for 13 years. We have two children, ChaosBoy (9) and PrincessChaosGirl (6).

I am currently a SAHD and Biblical storyteller/bard in training.

Oh, and I enjoy bowling.

Upvote 0

shalominyeshua

Oct 30, 2006
SouthCentral Pennsylvania
✟8,644.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Hi! This is my first time visiting this section of CF. I'm Sarah and live in South Central Pa. I have 3 beautiful little girls, ages 6 1/2, 4 1/2, and alomst 3(next month). They keep me busy. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom. I also am involved in direct sales so I can get out of the house once in awhile and interact with some adults! :D Nice to meet everyone!

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another person from south central PA?!

You're only the second one I've seen on the board since I've joined!

:wave: Hi! This is my first time visiting this section of CF. I'm Sarah and live in South Central Pa. I have 3 beautiful little girls, ages 6 1/2, 4 1/2, and alomst 3(next month). They keep me busy. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom. I also am involved in direct sales so I can get out of the house once in awhile and interact with some adults! :D Nice to meet everyone!

Upvote 0