• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured 20 major reasons to reject the Premillennial doctrine

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by sovereigngrace, May 15, 2020.

1. Timtofly

Timtofly Well-Known Member

+186
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I have no idea the theology behind pre-mill. All I know is that there is the Lord's Day, and it starts at the Second Coming. Except the final harvest is the end of the church, and there is overlap like the first coming. Jesus Christ spent about 3.5 years between the thing we call the OT and the Cross. The Second Coming is a repeat of the first coming, except between the time of the earthly church and the Lord's Day.

The rest is just common sense, based on Scriptural truth. Adam's sin and death ends at the 7th Trumpet. Satan as the accuser of the brethren night and day ends at the 7th Trumpet. The 7th Trumpet is the 8 day week at the end of the Lamb's time on earth, like the 8 day week from Palm Sunday to the Resurrection was the triumph end of the Lamb's first coming.

If you read the account of Joshua and Jericho, it was also an 8 day event marking the "end of the Nations" and the setting up of Israel. The book of Revelation parallels the time of the Nations, Israel, and the church except in reverse order. Jesus claims the first shall be last and the last will be first. The church came last, and will leave first (the Seals). Then the sheep of Israel (the Trumpets). Then the wheat of the Nations (the Thunders). This is the final harvest Jesus explained in parable form at the first Coming.

The Second Coming is the end of all things related to Adam. How long and when, NO ONE KNOWS. It is very soon though. Claiming it ends in the first 30 seconds is knowing the length, which no one can know. It does not happen with total annihilation in the first 30 seconds of the Lord's Day. That is why God let John write what John witnessed and place it into the cannon in the first century. Even Revelation 20 cannot happen until after the Second Coming. John would have placed it as the 4th chapter, not the 20th. Placing things out of John's chronology can only lead to confusion.

2. sovereigngrace

sovereigngrace Well-Known Member

+1,398
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are adding 2+2 and getting 22 again. This is all your own beliefs. The Scripture does not teach what you continually present.

How can you say you do not believe Premil when you do not know what they teach? This is exactly what you do with Amil. Your ignorance of both causes you to continually hurl false charges against them.

I would advise you to take time out and actually study Amil before engaging with Amils or listen instead of lecturing Amils what you mistakenly think they believe. You are only showing that you are way out of your depth theologically.

3. Timtofly

+186
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Stop putting them up and I will eventually forget them.

4. Timtofly

+186
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    And you accuse me of misrepresenting.

So the only reason you post is to make pre-mill look bad? That is what you accuse me of doing. I am not obsessed with Revelation 20, but that is all you are obsessed with in correcting pre-mill over and over, how they are wrong. All human theology is wrong!! Only God's Word as written is the Truth.

Why would I want tons of bad theology in my head? That is nonsense.

5. sovereigngrace

+1,398
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Amils are here to present truth and challenge error. It is not hard to work that out. Every post you present is full of misrepresentations of Amil. It could be that you are just totally ignorant of Amil, I acknowledge. I am still trying to work out which it is.

6. Timtofly

+186
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    This thread does not present the truth. Only 3 of you points has a scripture referenced. 17 of these points are your own opinion, and not God's Word at all. None of them give an Amil alternate view. So challenging error with your own personal error is called what if it is not the exact same thing you accuse me of doing?

All 20 of these misrepresent God's Pre-mill chapter. Revelation 20 is God's Word and you found 20 ways to disrespect God's Word. If you are pointing out the theological error of some humans, you picked the wrong poster to reply to. If I cannot defend God's Word, then I will have to answer to God. So yes, I defend the fact Revelation 20 follows Revelation 19, and the battle of Armageddon. I defend the fact it is a Day with the Lord, and is 1000 years. These are the only two points any one seems to grasp as correct. Some deny God's written Word, some accept Revelation 20 as written.

7. Spiritual Jew

Spiritual Jew Well-Known Member

+306
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Amils accept Revelation 20 as written. We just interpret what is written differently than you. To claim that someone else is denying God's written Word is to claim that they are saying God's written word is not true. That is a false accusation. We all believe His Word is true, as written. We just don't always interpret it the same.

8. sovereigngrace

+1,398
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are not addressing these theological holes in your doctrine. That is because they are watertight. What has been the response from Premils? They have no biblical justification.

9. Timtofly

+186
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Your opinion is hardly an airtight case.

10. sovereigngrace

+1,398
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Facts are stubborn things. I think you realize that. That is why you have no rebuttal and must misrepresent Amil to sustain your position.