✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let's take these one by one.

(1) Premil is totally preoccupied with, and dependent upon, Revelation 20. It interprets the rest of Scripture in the light of its opinion of one lone highly-debated chapter located in the most figurative and obscure book in the Bible. All end-time Scripture is viewed through the lens of Revelation 20. This is not a very wise way to establish any truth or doctrine. Take this passage out of the equation and Premillennialism has nothing in the inspired pages to support their main tenets. Amils have a problem with, and very much disagree with this form of hermeneutics and exegesis of many Scriptures.

Show me where this is wrong?
Most in Christ do not think about the pre mill. So totally preoccupied is false. You gave no verse where they are totally preoccupied. So I do not have to prove all pre-mill are. No one is dependent on Revelation 20, also false. Do you use Revelation 20 to show Satan is bound? Do you claim all your other verses have to be this definition of bound in Revelation 20? What kind of bound is this that you claim people are dependent upon? Your verses do not corroborate against, and claim Revelation 20 is a false doctrine, that is only your private interpretation both ways. Why would God place Revelation 20 as false doctrine?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that what is described in Revelation 12, which includes the birth of Christ and His ascension to heaven, follows what is described at the end of Revelation 11, which is events related to the sounding of the seventh trumpet including the judging of the dead and destroying those who destroy the earth?

The events written about in the book of Revelation are clearly not chronological from beginning to end, as can be seen most clearly when comparing Revelation 12 to Revelation 11, so why do you read it that way?
"Now a great sign was seen in heaven."

"Next I saw an angel coming down from heaven, who had the key to the Abyss and a great chain in his hand."

No they are not the same continuity.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Then I took a closer look at all of scripture related to the second coming and realized that what is described in Rev 20 could not possibly follow what is described in Rev 19.
So private interpretation?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most in Christ do not think about the pre mill. So totally preoccupied is false. You gave no verse where they are totally preoccupied. So I do not have to prove all pre-mill are. No one is dependent on Revelation 20, also false. Do you use Revelation 20 to show Satan is bound? Do you claim all your other verses have to be this definition of bound in Revelation 20? What kind of bound is this that you claim people are dependent upon? Your verses do not corroborate against, and claim Revelation 20 is a false doctrine, that is only your private interpretation both ways. Why would God place Revelation 20 as false doctrine?

Many promoters of the Premill doctrine redefine the rest of the Bible to make their doctrine work.

I once heard a Sunday School teacher say King David would be ruling like Christ's vice president during the Millennium. So far, I have not found that claim in the Bible.

Nobody has been able to show us any mortals alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46.
The change in lighting, and living waters in Zechariah 14 are found in Revelation 21, and Revelation 22.

Nobody has been able to explain why an angel comes down from heaven with a key and unlocks the pit in Revelation 9:1-2, if the pit was not locked previously.

Nobody has been able to prove the Book of Revelation is in chronological order.

Nobody has been able to fully explain the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others in Revelation 11:15-18.

We know some of the angels have been bound in chains in the two verse below.
You can attempt to explain it away, but the fact remains that some of the angels have been already bound in some manner.

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

You are also ignoring the fact that some of us used to believe the Premill doctrine, but had to abandon it because we could not get it to agree with our Bibles.

God had John record Revelation 20 as one of several overlapping visions in the Book of Revelation.
It is men who have turned it into a false doctrine.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You cannot seem to help inserting at least one major false charge against Amil into each post that you present. Why do you that? Are you not convicted? It is wrong for a Christian to lie. God never made Revelation 20 a false doctrine, Premil have butchered the text and used this highly symbolic text as justification to invent an additional age in-between this age and the age to come that is unknown to the rest of Scripture. They have also made this text into something it is not.

Amils take their teaching of the binding of Satan's kingdom 2000 years ago through the arrival of the kingdom of God from multiple NT Scriptures. They are not dependent on Revelation 20. Revelation 20 simply corroborates what the rest of the NT teaches. On the other hand, Premil does not have one single Scripture to to support their belief of the binding of Satan at the second coming or the release of Satan 1,000 years after the second coming. Nothing! Zilch! Nada!

Unlike Modern-day Premil that has diluted down the magnitude of the victory Christ won over Satan, the overwhelming attitude of the early church fathers in regard to the standing and sway of Satan after the cross is that he was a defeated foe. They considered him to be "bound," “restrained,” “conquered,” “vanquished,” “unstrung” (meaning weakened), “overcome,” “cast down,” “overthrew,” “subdued,” “crushed,” “confounded,” “trodden down,” “trodden underfoot,” “trampled upon his head,” “crushing him,” “despoiled” (meaning dishonoured), “spoiled,” “stript,” “subdued,” “wounded” and “brought to nought.” Satan was viewed as an incapacitated adversary – one that though still alive and active was curtailed in his power and influence.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:28-29, if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind (or deo - Strong’s 1210) the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.”

Christ was specifically referring to Satan here (the strong man) and his demonic kingdom, and expressly connects his binding with the manifestation of the kingdom of God during His earthly ministry. The subjugating of devils was proof of the spiritual restraint of the evil one. Satan could not prevent this. Satan could not overcome those who had been rescued by Christ.

Jesus said in Mark 3:23-27: No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind (or deo - Strong’s 1210) the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.”

Christ’s earthly ministry expressly bound Satan and damaged his wicked house on this earth. This was indeed what was prophesied in the Garden of Eden. It didn’t say that the cross would destroy him, but hamper him in his schemes. His head was bruised by the supernatural punch of Christ.

Revelation 20:1-3 states, And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound (or deo - Strong’s 1210) him a thousand years, And cast him into the abyss and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”

The binding, imprisonment and sealing of the dragon are themselves metaphors for the curtailment of Satan's authority. While a prisoner has movement within a prison he is restricted to very clear boundaries that cannot be breached. If we view the heavenly angel as being Christ (as most commentators of all views do), then there seems reasonable grounds to come to that conclusion. This whole portrayal corresponds with the great battle of the ages that occurred with the earthly life, death and resurrection of Christ 2,000 years when Christ stripped Satan of his previous authority given to him by man. This seems to fit the victorious outworking of this great conflict when Christ assumed “All power ... in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18).

Christ secured absolute victory over Satan and every other enemy through His foreordained death, burial and resurrection. He now exercises supreme kingly control in the heavenly realm. He holds sovereign power upon God’s eternal throne over all mankind. With the global expanse of the great commission the Gentiles now are without excuse. The ignorance is gone. The veil is lifted!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was a police officer for 15 years in Northern Ireland. The first principle of evidence is: he who alleges must prove. The ball is in your court to furnish us with corroboration for each tenet of Premillennial doctrine. The reality is, as many of us former Premillennialists have found, there is zero corroboration for the doctrine elsewhere in Scripture. The faulty interpretation placed on Revelation 20 contradicts numerous Scripture. Pick any subject and the rest of Scripture says the opposite to Premil. That is why many of us have abandoned it.

If I am wrong, please provide me with clear corroboration of these main tenets:

1. What Scripture, if any, do you consider definitely corroborates the Premillennial interpretation of Revelation 20 that there are two distinct physical resurrection days (the first for the righteous, the second for the wicked) separated by a literal 1000 years+?
2. Where in Scripture does it mention "resurrection days" (plural), pertaining to the end?
3. What Scripture (including Revelation 20) do you consider definitely teaches there are two distinct future judgement days (that will see all mankind stand before Christ to give account for their lives) separated by a literal 1000 years+?
4. Where in Scripture does it mention "judgement days" (plural), in regard to the end?
5. What Scripture, if any, do you consider definitely corroborates the Premillennial interpretation of Revelation 20 that Satan will be bound for a time-span of 1000 years after the Second Advent, then released for a "little season" to deceive the nations, and then destroy them?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Now a great sign was seen in heaven."

"Next I saw an angel coming down from heaven, who had the key to the Abyss and a great chain in his hand."

No they are not the same continuity.
Are you acknowledging that the events of Revelation 12 do not follow the events of Revelation 11 chronologically? Yes or no?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So private interpretation?
You continue to not understand what a private interpretation is. You have many of them. A private interpretation is one that only you have about a given passage or doctrine and no one else does. None of the things I believe are things that only I believe. But, you say some very strange things at times that no one else believes as far as I know. That is what a private interpretation is.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The binding, imprisonment and sealing of the dragon are themselves metaphors for the curtailment of Satan's authority. While a prisoner has movement within a prison he is restricted to very clear boundaries that cannot be breached. If we view the heavenly angel as being Christ (as most commentators of all views do), then there seems reasonable grounds to come to that conclusion. This whole portrayal corresponds with the great battle of the ages that occurred with the earthly life, death and resurrection of Christ 2,000 years when Christ stripped Satan of his previous authority given to him by man. This seems to fit the victorious outworking of this great conflict when Christ assumed “All power ... in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18).
Great post. Very well said. I quoted this part of it because I just wanted to add to what you said about Christ assuming all power in heaven and in earth. That included the power over death.

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Premil does not understand the tremendous impact that Christ's death and resurrection had on Satan. Most of them act as if His death and resurrection had no impact at all on Satan and that is incredibly sad. How can any Christian think such a thing? Christ took the power of death, which held people "in slavery by their fear of death" away from the devil, Satan, when He conquered death with His own death and resurrection which provided the hope of eternal life to the world.

Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Jesus Christ took the keys of death and Hades away from Satan upon His death and resurrection. This is something for all of us to celebrate! Instead, premil acts as if this never happened. It's a terrible doctrine that robs Christ of His glory and it minimizes what He accomplished with His death and resurrection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post. Very well said. I quoted this part of it because I just wanted to add to what you said about Christ assuming all power in heaven and in earth. That included the power over death.

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Premil does not understand the tremendous impact that Christ's death and resurrection had on Satan. Most of them act as if His death and resurrection had no impact at all on Satan and that is incredibly sad. How can any Christian think such a thing? Christ took the power of death, which held people "in slavery by their fear of death" away from the devil, Satan when He conquered death with His own death and resurrection which provided the hope of eternal life to the world.

Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Jesus Christ took the keys of death and Hades away from Satan upon His death and resurrection. This is something for all of us to celebrate! Instead, premil acts as if this never happened. It's a terrible doctrine that robs Christ of His glory and it minimizes what He accomplished with His death and resurrection.

I totally agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Many promoters of the Premill doctrine redefine the rest of the Bible to make their doctrine work.

I once heard a Sunday School teacher say King David would be ruling like Christ's vice president during the Millennium. So far, I have not found that claim in the Bible.

Nobody has been able to show us any mortals alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46.
The change in lighting, and living waters in Zechariah 14 are found in Revelation 21, and Revelation 22.

Nobody has been able to explain why an angel comes down from heaven with a key and unlocks the pit in Revelation 9:1-2, if the pit was not locked previously.

Nobody has been able to prove the Book of Revelation is in chronological order.

Nobody has been able to fully explain the time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some, and destruction for others in Revelation 11:15-18.
Nobody should change the Word of God because they are ignorant. Nobody has proved Revelation is not in chronological order. Nobody even knows 99% of what Angels do. All human theology changes the Scriptures to fit their private interpretation. The proof of that is the thousand interpretations out there.

We know some of the angels have been bound in chains in the two verse below.
You can attempt to explain it away, but the fact remains that some of the angels have been already bound in some manner.

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

There are angels bound and others not.

You are also ignoring the fact that some of us used to believe the Premill doctrine, but had to abandon it because we could not get it to agree with our Bibles.

God had John record Revelation 20 as one of several overlapping visions in the Book of Revelation.
It is men who have turned it into a false doctrine.
I am not sure what in the Bible that disagrees with Revelation 20. Maybe you could point that out?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you acknowledging that the events of Revelation 12 do not follow the events of Revelation 11 chronologically? Yes or no?
Revelation 12:1-6 is a parenthetical not dealing directly with the events of the 7th Trumpet. It is a lead story with the same conclusion as other lead in events. Verses 7-18 happen in the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. So verses 7-18 can only happen after the 7th Trumpet begins to sound. The 7th Trumpet has many events in it. It last for over 42 months, if Satan gets 42 months.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You continue to not understand what a private interpretation is. You have many of them. A private interpretation is one that only you have about a given passage or doctrine and no one else does. None of the things I believe are things that only I believe. But, you say some very strange things at times that no one else believes as far as I know. That is what a private interpretation is.
A public interpretation is still man made even if 5 billion people think it is a thing. I have no ability to make things up. I only read and report what the Word says.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I never said that did not happen. And none of that has to do with Revelation 20 at all. Revelation 20 is an event that has not happened yet. It happens "Next" after the FP and beast are placed in the lake of fire. That is not interpretation, that is not changing God's Word. That is not forcing God’s Word to say something it does not. It is not my interpretation. It is simply reading the text.

20 But the beast was taken captive, and with it the false prophet who, in its presence, had done the miracles which he had used to deceive those who had received the mark of the beast and those who had worshipped his image. The beast and the false prophet were both thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
21 The rest were killed with the sword that goes out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
1 Next I saw an angel coming down from heaven, who had the key to the Abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan [the Adversary], and chained him up for a thousand years.

Compared to:
18 “The Goyim raged.
But now your rage has come,
the time for the dead to be judged,
the time for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your holy people,
those who stand in awe of your name,
both small and great.
It is also the time for destroying
those who destroy the earth.”
19 Then the Temple of God in heaven was opened, and the Ark of the Covenant was seen in his Temple; and there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, an earthquake and violent hail.
1. Now a great sign was seen in heaven — a woman clothed with the sun, under her feet the moon, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 She was pregnant and about to give birth, and she screamed in the agony of labor.

There is continuity between Revelation 19 and 20. The subject changes between Revelation 11 and 12. A Temple in heaven to a woman portrayed as being heaven. Revelation 19 is the battle of Armageddon, and 20 is the aftermath.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You cannot seem to help not inserting one major false into each post that you present. Why do you that? Are you not convicted? It is wrong for a Christian to lie. God never made Revelation 20 a false doctrine, Premil have butchered the text and used this highly symbolic text as justification to invent an additional age in-between this age and the age to come that is unknown to the rest of Scripture. They have also made this text into something it is not.
A major false is saying pre-mill butcher the text. God says it is 1000 years, not me. The words are there in black and white. So who is butchering the text and deny Christ reigns on earth for 1000 years? You claim Christ reigns on earth for 1990 years, no? You changed 1000 to 1990. Or you say Christ reigns in heaven spiritually for 1990 years. The only two words that match Revelation 20 is Christ reigns. You have changed on earth to in heaven. You have changed 1000 years to 1990 years. Next year you will change it to 1991 years. Every year you have to change your theology and add another year. I posted my "so called" interpretation, just the text. You have to change over half the thought in the text to prove your theology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has proved Revelation is not in chronological order.

Can you explain Christ coming as a thief at Armageddon in Revelation 16:15-16, and Christ also coming in chapter 19?

We also have the greatest earthquake in history in chapter 16, with the islands and mountains being destroyed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Second Coming Visions in Revelation:

Christ returns at the end of Revelation chapter 6, with signs in the sun, moon, and stars, as are found in the Olivet Discourse.
Those at the end of the chapter are hiding from the wrath of the Lamb.
Why would they be hiding if Christ is not present?
The "kings", "captains", "might men", "free", and "bond" are also found in chapter 19 at the return of Christ.

He returns at the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, and the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:15-18.

The beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson containing the fall of Satan, and the birth and death of Christ, who is the seed promised to crush the head of Satan in Genesis 3:15.

The Second Coming is found in the "harvest" of chapter 14, which is related to the parable of the wheat and tares in Matthew chapter 13.

He comes as a thief at Armageddon, and we find the greatest earthquake in history in chapter 16. This occurs when the 7th angel pours out his vial. How powerful is an earthquake which moves islands and destroys the mountains? What is happening to the planet?

He comes on a horse in chapter 19.

He comes with the fire, and the judgment of the dead at the end of chapter 20, which agrees with what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1.
(The time of the judgment of the dead is also found in Revelation 11:18.)
There are no mortals left alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46.
Revelation 9:14 proves some of the angels have already been bound in some manner.
Because the two witnesses were bodily resurrected from the dead in Revelation 11, the "first resurrection" at the beginning of Revelation 20 is not the first bodily resurrection in the book.

The only way to properly interpret the book is through the principle of "Recapitulation".

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A major false is saying pre-mill butcher the text. God says it is 1000 years, not me. The words are there in black and white. So who is butchering the text and deny Christ reigns on earth for 1000 years? You claim Christ reigns on earth for 1990 years, no? You changed 1000 to 1990. Or you say Christ reigns in heaven spiritually for 1990 years. The only two words that match Revelation 20 is Christ reigns. You have changed on earth to in heaven. You have changed 1000 years to 1990 years. Next year you will change it to 1991 years. Every year you have to change your theology and add another year. I posted my "so called" interpretation, just the text. You have to change over half the thought in the text to prove your theology.

Scripture repeatedly uses 'a thousand' in a figurative manner. Why would we take it literal in the most symbolic book in the Bible? You always want to spiritualize the literal passages and literalize the spiritual passages in order to sustain Premil. Revelation is saturated in symbolism, and a thousand is used to describe a large undefined figure frequently in Scripture. Simple!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture repeatedly uses 'a thousand' in a figurative manner. Why would we take it literal in the most symbolic book in the Bible? You always want to spiritualize the literal passages and literalize the spiritual passages in order to sustain Premil. Revelation is saturated in symbolism, and a thousand is used to describe a large undefined figure frequently in Scripture. Simple!
Exactly. One thing we can do when they try to insist that the thousand years has to be literal is to ask them if they think that the "one hour" in the following verse is a literal one hour (60 minutes) as well.

Revelation 17:12 The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.

If this was a literal one hour (60 minutes) then the ten horns better hurry up and do what they want to do before they lose their kingdom.

I believe all of the time references in the book of Revelation are figurative.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. One thing we can do when they try to insist that the thousand years has to be literal is to ask them if they think that the "one hour" in the following verse is a literal one hour (60 minutes) as well.

Revelation 17:12 The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.

If this was a literal one hour (60 minutes) then the ten horns better hurry up and do what they want to do before they lose their kingdom.

I believe all of the time references in the book of Revelation are figurative.

Totally agree. Amen!

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said that did not happen. And none of that has to do with Revelation 20 at all. Revelation 20 is an event that has not happened yet. It happens "Next" after the FP and beast are placed in the lake of fire. That is not interpretation, that is not changing God's Word. That is not forcing God’s Word to say something it does not. It is not my interpretation. It is simply reading the text.

20 But the beast was taken captive, and with it the false prophet who, in its presence, had done the miracles which he had used to deceive those who had received the mark of the beast and those who had worshipped his image. The beast and the false prophet were both thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
21 The rest were killed with the sword that goes out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
1 Next I saw an angel coming down from heaven, who had the key to the Abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan [the Adversary], and chained him up for a thousand years.

Compared to:
18 “The Goyim raged.
But now your rage has come,
the time for the dead to be judged,
the time for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your holy people,
those who stand in awe of your name,
both small and great.
It is also the time for destroying
those who destroy the earth.”
19 Then the Temple of God in heaven was opened, and the Ark of the Covenant was seen in his Temple; and there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, an earthquake and violent hail.
1. Now a great sign was seen in heaven — a woman clothed with the sun, under her feet the moon, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 She was pregnant and about to give birth, and she screamed in the agony of labor.

There is continuity between Revelation 19 and 20. The subject changes between Revelation 11 and 12. A Temple in heaven to a woman portrayed as being heaven. Revelation 19 is the battle of Armageddon, and 20 is the aftermath.

That is not true. Revelation 19 is the end. The events that occur at the end of this age correlate with what Rev 19 and the rest of Scripture describe will occur at Christ's Coming. It is indeed the end of the world.

Satan's “little season” at the end of Revelation 20 corresponds with the events that precede Christ's Coming at the end of Revelation 19.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.