Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ is currently reigning on David’s throne. All dominion and power is under His feet.

All things mean all things. Christ is coming to glorify His people and glorify this earth.

`For by Him (the Lord Jesus) ALL THINGS were created that are IN HEAVEN and that are ON EARTH, visible and invisible, whether thrones and dominions or principalities or powers. ALL THINGS were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

So we see that ALL THINGS are NOT just the earth. The ALL THINGS include specifically the rulerships in every realm.

The Lord Jesus is currently at the Father`s right hand waiting for His enemies to be made His footstool.

` The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Son), "Sit at My right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps.110: 1)

Yes the Son has all power and authority from the Father, but is NOT operating in that yet. When the Father brings the nations to the Lord`s feet, then it is the appointed time for Him to `Rule in the midst of your enemies!` (Ps. 110: 2)

• Winner
Reactions: Jerryhuerta
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you brother! The amillennial perspective has helped me to be able to read the Revelation of Jesus Christ with great hope and comfort in his victory. Its Christ-centered framework are far more edifying than that which seems to elevate the modern state of Israel and even the United States, Russia, and China to the forefront of prophecy. What hope would there be for saints past if nearly the whole of the Revelation was for 21st century Christians? I declare that it would be of little value.

God has definitely showed you much truth. Do not be shy from sharing it. I wish someone would’ve done that to me 27 years ago. It would have saved me going down so many rabbit trails.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yesha
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
`For by Him (the Lord Jesus) ALL THINGS were created that are IN HEAVEN and that are ON EARTH, visible and invisible, whether thrones and dominions or principalities or powers. ALL THINGS were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

So we see that ALL THINGS are NOT just the earth. The ALL THINGS include specifically the rulerships in every realm.

The Lord Jesus is currently at the Father`s right hand waiting for His enemies to be made His footstool.

` The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Son), "Sit at My right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps.110: 1)

Yes the Son has all power and authority from the Father, but is NOT operating in that yet. When the Father brings the nations to the Lord`s feet, then it is the appointed time for Him to `Rule in the midst of your enemies!` (Ps. 110: 2)

This is an ongoing process at the moment, and will continue until He has put down every last enemy. Thus, He is said to be waiting until that is completed.

he is king today. He rules over all creation today. Every enemy is under his feet. He is victorious.

Read the texts carefully and you’ll see that there is nothing that is not under His feet. What will happen when He comes is that all His enemies will be finally and eternally subdued. That means they will be destroyed. He will put down all rule and authority. That all happens at the second coming. It is climatic.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Yesha
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the texts carefully and you’ll see that there is nothing that is not under his feet. What will happen when he comes is that all his enemies will be finally and eternally subdued. That means they will be destroyed. He will put down all rule and authority. That all happens at the second coming. It is climatic.

Yes the Son is at the father`s right hand, BUT the nations are NOT yet being judged. That is what it means to be `under His feet.` Of course God is over all, but the putting down of all rebellion has NOT started.

At the Lord`s second coming it is only the start of putting down earthly rebellion. The `sheep` nations have yet to learn the ways of God, (Micah 4: 2, & Zech. 14: 16 - 21)

Then there is Satan and he will only be in `chains` till let loose for a final rebellion. (Rev..20: 3 & 7 - 10)

Reactions: Jerryhuerta
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the Son is at the father`s right hand, BUT the nations are NOT yet being judged. That is what it means to be `under His feet.` Of course God is over all, but the putting down of all rebellion has NOT started.

At the Lord`s second coming it is only the start of putting down earthly rebellion. The `sheep` nations have yet to learn the ways of God, (Micah 4: 2, & Zech. 14: 16 - 21)

Then there is Satan and he will only be in `chains` till let loose for a final rebellion. (Rev..20: 3 & 7 - 10)

Premil is always trying to strip Christ of His sovereign mighty power which He won 2000 years ago. Regardless, it doesn’t diminish His power and authority. Satan is curtailed and defeated through Christ’s sinless life, atoning death and glorious resurrection.

Premil is always trying to present a strong victorious devil, whereas Amil has a mighty omnipotent victorious Christ ruling over everything and everyone for ever. Christ’s enemies are going to be obliterated when He comes, not rewarded as premillennialism teaches, and ushered into some suppose future millennium full of sin, sinners, rebellion and ongoing death and corruption.

Then after a thousand year sham of supposed submission to Christ the nations rise up in rebellion against him as the sand of the sea to surround the camp of the Saints. This debacle will never happen after Christ’s return. This is talking about our current ongoing era of imperfection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟592,788.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Premil is always trying to strip Christ of His sovereign mighty power which He won 2000 years ago. Regardless, it doesn’t diminish His power and authority. Satan is curtailed and defeated through Christ’s sinless life, atoning death and glorious resurrection.

Premil is always trying to present a strong victorious devil, whereas Amil has a mighty omnipotent victorious Christ ruling over everything and everyone for ever. Christ’s enemies are going to be obliterated when He comes, not rewarded as premillennialism teaches, and ushered into some suppose future millennium full of sin, sinners, rebellion and ongoing death and corruption.

Then after a thousand year sham of supposed submission to Christ the nations rise up in rebellion against him as the sound of the sea to surround the camp of the Saints. This debacle will never happen after Christ’s return. This is talking about our current ongoing era of imperfection.

Now where did I say that the Lord is in any way stripped of His power. I said the Son, the Lord Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. He is IN the GODHEAD. He has been given, as we both know from scripture, a place `far above all in this age and also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 20 - 22)

What it seems you have a hard time in realising is that the Father has told His Son to sit at His right hand `till He makes His enemies His footstool.` (Ps.110: 1) It will be then that the Son brings judgment upon the nations of the world. The Father having committed all judgment into His Son`s hands.

It seems to me YOU are bring the Lord down to our earthly realm by suggesting that He is on the earth when Satan surrounds Jerusalem.

Also are you saying that God made an oops when He created the nation of Israel? Of course they couldn`t follow Him for they were/are fallen man. However we know that the Lord is the Root and Offspring of David and will rule THROUGH them as He always purposed.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now where did I say that the Lord is in any way stripped of His power. I said the Son, the Lord Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. He is IN the GODHEAD. He has been given, as we both know from scripture, a place `far above all in this age and also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 20 - 22)

What it seems you have a hard time in realising is that the Father has told His Son to sit at His right hand `till He makes His enemies His footstool.` (Ps.110: 1) It will be then that the Son brings judgment upon the nations of the world. The Father having committed all judgment into His Son`s hands.

It seems to me YOU are bring the Lord down to our earthly realm by suggesting that He is on the earth when Satan surrounds Jerusalem.

Also are you saying that God made an oops when He created the nation of Israel? Of course they couldn`t follow Him for they were/are fallen man. However we know that the Lord is the Root and Offspring of David and will rule THROUGH them as He always purposed.

Where have I said that Christ is on earth now? Where does Revelation 20 say that He is on earth during the millennium?

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

True Israel has always been a remnant. We have been integrated into that chosen remnant. Natural Christ-rejecting Israel is of their father the devil. It is apostate. Salvation has moved from the nation (singular) to the nations (plural).

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Yesha

Westminster Standards
Jun 25, 2007
Connecticut
✟17,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God has definitely showed you much truth. Do not be shy from sharing it. I wish someone would’ve done that to me 27 years ago. It would have saved me going down so many rabbit trails.

How I wish more Christians would be open to this discussion! Many faithful, godly brothers and sisters who I know would likely consider it rank heresy to hold to anything but dispensational premillennialism. For this reason I am cautious not to broach the subject unless it would be edifying to do so. I have not had the opportunity yet, especially since I came around to this view a couple of months ago, but when it arises, I would much prefer to stick to a careful exegesis of a passage or two in context. 1 Corinthians 15 provides a strong basis with which to demonstrate the inconsistencies of premillennialism.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. - 1 Corinthians 15:22-24 (ESV)
Paul directly states that all who belong to Christ will be made alive "at his coming". I think this rather plainly refers to the glorification of the saints at the return of Christ. Immediately sequential to this event is "the end", when Christ delivers his kingdom to the Father. If the kingdom is a physical, earthly, still future millennial reign of Christ, then it would seem to require a parenthetical period between the end of verse 23 and the beginning of verse 24; that is, between the resurrection and the end. I see no warrant in context to infer this. The most straightforward interpretation to my eyes is that Christ's millennial reign is present, corresponding with the interadvental age, and that with his return, all of his enemies will be vanquished once-and-for-all.
Reading Revelation 20 can be very enlightening.
There is a plain sequence there; the Return of Jesus and His raising of the martyrs killed during the Great trib- the final 1260 days of this Church era. Those alive are gathered to Him, Matthew 24:31, but the rest of the dead, Christians or nor, await the GWT Judgment at the end of the Millennium; at the Last Trumpet blast.

Jesus is not reigning here now. This is glaringly obvious to anyone! 1 Peter 5:8 puts it plainly, Satan is free to 'devour' whoever allows him to deceive them.
Revelation 20:2 says that Satan will be chained up for the Millennium.

So there IS a parenthesis of 1000 years between 1 Cor 15:23 and 24
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. - 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (ESV)
I believe that the resurrection and transformation of the saints into immortal, sinless bodies foretells our glorification. When will this occur? At the return of the King, heralded by "the last trumpet". Will this period be marked by an earthly kingdom, which, while immeasurably better than the present age, will still be marred by the presence of sin and death?

When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” - 1 Corinthians 15:54-55 (ESV)
I cannot see how. If "death is swallowed up in victory" following our glorification at the return of Christ, what room is there for that interpretation? I humbly suggest that it is explicitly denied.
The idea of a general transformation of Christians at Jesus Return, is wrong and a direct contradiction of Rev 20:4.
1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is a prophecy for the end of the Millennium.

It is only when the Book of Life is opened at the GWT Judgment, Revelation 20:12, that anyone receives immortality. Even Daniel 12:13 and David - Acts 13:36, 'sleep' until that time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have swallowed a Jewish fable.

You need to read the New Testament and see where Christ abolished the animal sacrifices on the cross. You need to You need to have a good read of the book of Hebrews, which shows they are abolished forever.
You exhibit a rejection and blindness for any scripture that doesn't suit your beliefs. Are you incapable of seeing what Isaiah 56:6-7 and Ezekiel 20:40-41 prophesy?
Sure; Hebrews conforms that we are not required to make sacrifices during this Church age, as Hosea 6:6 tells us. This does NOT preclude a future time when a new Temple will be built and the offerings re-instituted.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How I wish more Christians would be open to this discussion! Many faithful, godly brothers and sisters who I know would likely consider it rank heresy to hold to anything but dispensational premillennialism. For this reason I am cautious not to broach the subject unless it would be edifying to do so. I have not had the opportunity yet, especially since I came around to this view a couple of months ago, but when it arises, I would much prefer to stick to a careful exegesis of a passage or two in context. 1 Corinthians 15 provides a strong basis with which to demonstrate the inconsistencies of premillennialism.

I was brought up the same but have abandoned both Pretrib and Premil on their lack of clear biblical support. I have saw many change over the years. Many pastors are now embracing the truth and simplicity of Amil. I have been a pastor for near 13 years and have saw many embrace this. Pretrib and Premil have zero corroboration for all of their main tenets. They are easy to rebut. Put them to the test and you will see this.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You exhibit a rejection and blindness for any scripture that doesn't suit your beliefs. Are you incapable of seeing what Isaiah 56:6-7 and Ezekiel 20:40-41 prophesy?
Sure; Hebrews conforms that we are not required to make sacrifices during this Church age, as Hosea 6:6 tells us. This does NOT preclude a future time when a new Temple will be built and the offerings re-instituted.

The opposite is the truth. Premils need to come out of the old testament and into the New Testament. If they did they would quickly reject Premil. It is forbidden by Christ and the NT writers. It has zero corroboration anywhere in the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading Revelation 20 can be very enlightening.
There is a plain sequence there; the Return of Jesus and His raising of the martyrs killed during the Great trib- the final 1260 days of this Church era. Those alive are gathered to Him, Matthew 24:31, but the rest of the dead, Christians or nor, await the GWT Judgment at the end of the Millennium; at the Last Trumpet blast.

Jesus is not reigning here now. This is glaringly obvious to anyone! 1 Peter 5:8 puts it plainly, Satan is free to 'devour' whoever allows him to deceive them.
Revelation 20:2 says that Satan will be chained up for the Millennium.

So there IS a parenthesis of 1000 years between 1 Cor 15:23 and 24

The idea of a general transformation of Christians at Jesus Return, is wrong and a direct contradiction of Rev 20:4.
1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is a prophecy for the end of the Millennium.

It is only when the Book of Life is opened at the GWT Judgment, Revelation 20:12, that anyone receives immortality. Even Daniel 12:13 and David - Acts 13:36, 'sleep' until that time.

So can you give me one single scripture to support your theory of Rev 20 of two resurrection days separated by 1000 literal years?

Can you give me one single scripture to support your theory of Rev 20 of two judgment days separated by 1000 literal years?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You need to distinguish between Part-Prets and Amils. Both groups treat the ‘thousand years’ as a long period from Christ’s 1st coming up until his 2nd coming. However, PP’s stuff as much prophecy as they can - things like Great Trib/Mark of the Beast/Anti-Christ etc - as fulfilled in AD 70.

Regular Amils see the long era between his comings as having antichrists and tribulations throughout, but culminating in a great final one at the end. So, in our scenario, the “release of Satan” and “Last-day Tribulation” is actually the same thing. I hope that helps.

Yes it does.

Another question: Whether Revelations was written in 95 AD or 65AD, the 'binding of the beast' cannot be a prophecy since it would have occurred at Christ's ascension. Therefore is Revelation 20:1-2 recapitulating the past?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is the cross not enough for you? Why would any Christian promote more sin offerings to complete with the new covenant?

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does.

Another question: Whether Revelations was written in 95 AD or 65AD, the 'binding of the beast' cannot be a prophecy since it would have occurred at Christ's ascension. Therefore is Revelation 20:1-2 recapitulating the past?

Revelation is a number of parallel camera views of the intra-advent period. They all conclude at the climactic second coming. Partial Preterism is right that the book relates to the past. Futurism is right that it relates to the future. It is apt to every generation in-between. The beast is that ongoing Antichrist spirit that has controlled the wicked in every generation. Satan governs that spirit.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does.

The fate of the beast is closely tied to Satan. They were both bound from the first resurrection (Christ’s) and will be released shortly before the second coming for their final throw before being eternally punished.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The fate of the beast is closely tied to Satan. They were both bound from the first resurrection (Christ’s) and will be released shortly before the second coming for their final throw before being eternally punished.
If that's the case why did Paul state in 1 Thess 2:18,

"Therefore we wanted to come to you—even I, Paul, time and again—but Satan hindered us."

How could he hinder him if he was bound at Christ's resurrection?

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that's the case why did Paul state in 1 Thess 2:18,

"Therefore we wanted to come to you—even I, Paul, time and again—but Satan hindered us."

How could he hinder him if he was bound at Christ's resurrection?

What is Satan said to be bound from? What type of chains or prison holds him - physical or spiritual?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.