Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I started this exchange with you by asking you whether you know what Acts 3:19-21 said, and you replied with a yes.

20 major reasons to reject the Premillennial doctrine

But when I asked you to tell me what it said, you did not even want to mention any of those 3 scriptural verses.

Acts 5
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Acts 5
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
True Israel is NOT a bunch of mixed race people who have usurped the name of Israel.
Jesus said He came to save the House of Israel, Matthew 15:25, if He meant Jewish Israel, then He was an abject failure.

WE Christians are His Witnesses; the ones who obey Him.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Date setting is not allowed here!
Predicting future events with a timetable attached has been the demise of MANY past failures by so-called "prophets" in sheep's clothing.
I take this as your total inability to rebut any of my posts.
You seem to be unable to even read them properly.

Because what the Bible prophets said has mostly not yet happened, in your estimation; they are all failures. And because I promote their Prophesies, which are very close to being literally fulfilled, then I am a failure too.
When the end times prophesies do commence, and we can be sure they will; Ezekiel 33:33, it will be those who have failed to understand God's Plans, who will be shocked and terrified as disaster strikes. Isaiah 2:12-22

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it will be those who have failed to understand God's Plans, who will be shocked and terrified as disaster strikes.
Absolutely true.....of those who seek to bring Christ down to a brick and mortar temple with a re-do of sacrifices and live once again on this sin cursed earth for 1,000 years and for those who deny the New Covenant, and distort his Holy Words of scripture and denies that Christ is presently ruling his Kingdom from heaven when you said...Quote: "If Jesus is ruling the earth now, He is doing a bad job." ; all of these things which present Christ as a complete failure when God has said "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased, listen to Him".

Then we see such things as...(quote:"The time gap is told to us at the Seventh Seal; about a half hour in heaven equals about 10 to 20 earth years....and "The calculation of 1000 divided by 48 gives us a heavenly half-hour of exactly 20.8 earth years. But that is only the center of a range of years possible because it is "about" a half-hour; from 1/4 to 3/4 of an hour = 15 to 25 years. [I believe the shorter one])

Then we read of year dating...(Quote: "So that will be the period of ‘silence in heaven’ but of tumult and huge changes on earth!...A lot must happen during that time – the regeneration of the Land, many prophesies about that – the Lord will send rain. Then the gathering, and settling of His people, again many prophecies – houses rebuilt, land productive... The selection of the 144,000, The Gog Magog attack and 7 years clean up. The treaty with the Anti-Christ, the AoD in the new Temple and 3½ years of the Great Tribulation. Then the glorious Return in 2031.

Moving on to another quote from Isaiah 13:13..."EARTH MOVED–The earth’s orbit may be speeded up by this event, resulting in a 360 day year, that will make reality out the time periods given to us in Revelation and Daniel."

In regards to Isaiah 13:13, if this is genuinely how God brings about the new heavens and the new earth, then we believers are not concerned about the "earth orbit being speeded up" because at that point the resurrection of the dead at the end of the ages has occurred of which we are then in eternity with the Lord.

IF that prophesy of the "earth's orbit being speeded up", was supposed to have been interpreted literally it would have to be AFTER the resurrection because it does not make sense otherwise. If it occurs while in this present age, then the whole universe would be in chaos due to God's placements of all the planets having their own designated place in rotation.

Literalizing Isaiah 13:13 "for this time period" is ridiculous and just another one of your OT prophesies being used to promote your obsession with CME events!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because what the Bible prophets said has mostly not yet happened, in your estimation; they are all failures. And because I promote their Prophesies, which are very close to being literally fulfilled, then I am a failure too.
When the end times prophesies do commence, and we can be sure they will; Ezekiel 33:33, it will be those who have failed to understand God's Plans, who will be shocked and terrified as disaster strikes. Isaiah 2:12-22

Quite the opposite. I watch how you steer around numerous Scripture that forbids your position. So, please do not accuse Amils of doing what you habitually do.

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's because most of your posts are in the nature of "rants" and seem to be merely posted to suck in unsuspecting member to your CME cause. You consistently work it into most everything you post.

Also, you have consistently been adamant about interpreting scripture to a self-determined method of scripture that you alone devised in addition to just being "literal" which makes your post even less understandable sometimes.

If your posts made sense with scripture, they would be easy to discuss. You also belittle almost everyone that does not agree with you by being obnoxious with us amils.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Who is wise enough to understand this......... Jeremiah 9:12...........and who has God's command to proclaim it? Isaiah 50:4-7, John 12:37-41

In these last days of the present era, scripture tells us that the Church will, in general, be compromising and have many different ideas of what the future holds. But there are believers who are willing to listen to teaching based soundly on the Word, as presented to us through the prophets. It will be these believers who will be better prepared to face these end time challenges and afflictions. Especially keep in mind that God's promises are addressed to the faithful remnant who truly believe and trust in Him, true Christian believers and only that remnant will be protected on the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, then later, during the terrible time of Satan's domination, until the glorious Return of Jesus.

It is sad that many pastors and teachers base their eschatology on traditional doctrines of their denomination or particular theological school, and thereby fail to carefully ascertain what scripture really means. Or when a text does not fit their current beliefs, then they allegorize it, spiritualize it, culturalize it or rationalize it, to fit whatever they think how God should act.

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, to whom give the warning? Who will hear me? This peoples ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat God's Word as a reproach and it has no appeal to them. Isaiah 28:9-10

Isaiah 29:9-11 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused.... for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor.....the prophetic vision of it all has become for you like the words in a sealed book.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where are the men of learning now? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.

Deuteronomy 32:29 If only they had the wisdom to discern this and understand what their end will be.

Matthew 13:10-15 Why do You speak in parables? He replied: To you it has been granted to know the secrets of the Kingdom, but not to them, for they look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. Happy are you that see and hear!

Jeremiah 33:3 If you call to Me, I shall answer and tell you of great and mysterious things of which you were unaware.

Isaiah 48:6 You have heard, seen the evidence, now admit the truth. From now on, I will show you new things, hidden things that you did not know before.

Isaiah 35:3-5 Steady yourself, be strong - fear not. Your God comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

After the Day of the Lord's wrath: Isaiah 32:3-4

Isaiah 42:18-19 You that are deaf; hear now! You that are blind; look and see! Who is so blind and deaf as My servants and messengers, the ones who have My trust.

Isaiah 29:22b-24 This is no time for Jacob to be shamed or frightened, for they will praise Me when they see what I have done for them. The confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction. Isaiah 44:8, Isa 45:19

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is wise enough to understand this......... Jeremiah 9:12...........and who has God's command to proclaim it? Isaiah 50:4-7, John 12:37-41

In these last days of the present era, scripture tells us that the Church will, in general, be compromising and have many different ideas of what the future holds. But there are believers who are willing to listen to teaching based soundly on the Word, as presented to us through the prophets. It will be these believers who will be better prepared to face these end time challenges and afflictions. Especially keep in mind that God's promises are addressed to the faithful remnant who truly believe and trust in Him, true Christian believers and only that remnant will be protected on the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath, then later, during the terrible time of Satan's domination, until the glorious Return of Jesus.

It is sad that many pastors and teachers base their eschatology on traditional doctrines of their denomination or particular theological school, and thereby fail to carefully ascertain what scripture really means. Or when a text does not fit their current beliefs, then they allegorize it, spiritualize it, culturalize it or rationalize it, to fit whatever they think how God should act.

Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, to whom give the warning? Who will hear me? This peoples ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat God's Word as a reproach and it has no appeal to them. Isaiah 28:9-10

Isaiah 29:9-11 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused.... for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor.....the prophetic vision of it all has become for you like the words in a sealed book.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where are the men of learning now? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.

Deuteronomy 32:29 If only they had the wisdom to discern this and understand what their end will be.

Matthew 13:10-15 Why do You speak in parables? He replied: To you it has been granted to know the secrets of the Kingdom, but not to them, for they look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. Happy are you that see and hear!

Jeremiah 33:3 If you call to Me, I shall answer and tell you of great and mysterious things of which you were unaware.

Isaiah 48:6 You have heard, seen the evidence, now admit the truth. From now on, I will show you new things, hidden things that you did not know before.

Isaiah 35:3-5 Steady yourself, be strong - fear not. Your God comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.

After the Day of the Lord's wrath: Isaiah 32:3-4

Isaiah 42:18-19 You that are deaf; hear now! You that are blind; look and see! Who is so blind and deaf as My servants and messengers, the ones who have My trust.

Isaiah 29:22b-24 This is no time for Jacob to be shamed or frightened, for they will praise Me when they see what I have done for them. The confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction. Isaiah 44:8, Isa 45:19

There is no difficulty using Scripture to support your doctrine, but I do not believe it is right to attack believers here that disagree with you, especially when you are calling them spiritually confused, blind and deaf.

• Winner
Reactions: ShineyDays2
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In these last days of the present era, scripture tells us that the Church will, in general, be compromising and have many different ideas of what the future holds. But there are believers who are willing to listen to teaching based soundly on the Word, as presented to us through the prophets.
Are they unable to study the scriptures for themselves? Does anyone need your teaching? I don't believe so. Especially since so much of what you teach is false.

It is sad that many pastors and teachers base their eschatology on traditional doctrines of their denomination or particular theological school, and thereby fail to carefully ascertain what scripture really means.
I agree. Which is why I study scripture for myself and don't rely on pastors and teachers who have no clue about eschatology to teach me about it.

Or when a text does not fit their current beliefs, then they allegorize it, spiritualize it, culturalize it or rationalize it, to fit whatever they think how God should act.
You mean like you do when you deny that 2 Peter 3:3-13 teaches that the heavens and the earth will be burned up on the day Christ returns?

And how you teach that there are 2 future judgment days even though scripture says there is ONE day that God has set to judge all people (Acts 17:31)?

Are these the kinds of things you're talking about since you change passages like these to fit your doctrine instead of accepting what they teach?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no difficulty using Scripture to support your doctrine, but I do not believe it is right to attack believers here that disagree with you, especially when you are calling them spiritually confused, blind and deaf.
Right. Everyone disagrees with him, so he is saying that about everyone but himself.

For example, he is the only one I know of who believes that the thousand years is future and also believes that 1 Cor 15:50-56 will be fulfllled after the thousand years. I highly doubt anyone else in the world agrees with him on that.

Somehow, he is special and God has revealed those things only to him. And there are other private interpretations of scripture that he has as well. So, anyone who doesn't agree with him on all those things (which is everyone) he describes the way you would describe an unbeliever (spiritually blind, etc.). It wouldn't surprise me if he secretly thought that he is the only one who will survive the coming calamities that he keeps talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are the primary promoters of the "raised from the dead" false doctrines that were condemned in by the early church fathers as being heretical. Dispensationalism, pretrib and post-trib doctrines infiltrated the Christian churches in the early 1800's which J. N. Darby then picked the theory up from several others and brought it to England and the U.S.A. Once Scofield saw the opportunity to make a fortune by inserting dispensational footnotes to the KJB and naming his bible - 'The Scofield Bible'. Chafer, and later John Walvrood of the Dallas Theological picked up the idea and it is now their primary teaching of that seminary and openly states that they are dedicated to promoting dispensationalism and also have flooded the internet by creating many websites like BLB, GotQuestions, to name only two. D. L. Moody also profited from the newly revived from the grave "millennium" theory and sold books based on dispensationalism. Hal Lindsay then produced the movie 'The Late Great Planet Earth.' These end times theories have been the cause of the biggest division within the Christian Churches at this present time. I believe that is what is going to be the primary reason Christ will return soon.

When Christ came to earth 2,000 years ago, the Jewish leaders (primarily the Rabbis, Pharisees, and Sadducee in Jerusalem had distorted the OT in such a way that God never intended it to be. That is exactly what is going on in the pulpits of dispensational/pretrib/and post-trib churches today. This is truly not pleasing to God.

For your own benefit, just plug in "the origin of dispensationalism" and you will get a plethora of good insight that, hopefully will help you to understand just who, and what, you really are following ----- men's cleverly devised myths.

chart-of-j-n-darby-to-lahaye1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Prophets say that people who choose to believe false theories, will be made unable to understand the truth. Isaiah 29:9-12
Matthew 11:25 I thank You Father...for hiding these things for the learned and wise...... Learned and wise people cannot know the truth of what God has planned for out future. Proved by the almost complete lack of consensus among the 'experts'.

I carefully study the words and context of the Prophesies, then write explanations and comments, using other verses and modern knowledge to support what is said.

As God says – at present, we are “under the spirit of deep sleep”, Isaiah 29:9-12 The vision has become for you like a sealed book...if you confuse yourself, you will stay confused.

Isaiah 6:9b-10 However hard you listen, you will never understand. However hard you look, you will never perceive. This peoples wits are dulled, they have stopped their ears and shut their eyes. They will not see or hear or understand, lest they turn and be healed.

Then at the gathering of His people, this shows that there will still be those who do not understand God’s Plans; Isaiah 43:8 Bring forward this people, a people who have eyes, but are blind, have ears, but are deaf.
The Lord's servants, Christian peoples can be blinded to God's Plans;
Isaiah 42:18-20 Who is so blind as My servant.

Therefore, in order to gain understanding and knowledge of what God has planned for our future, it is necessary to ask in prayer, as James 1:5-6 Ask in faith and wisdom will be given to you.
Revelation 1:1 .....to show His servants what must soon take place.
Especially since so much of what you teach is false.
What I post is scripture. Truths that oppose your beliefs.
An unsupported accusation like this, is judgmental without correction.
I ask for the sake of your standing here and with God, that you and others who reject or make the plain Words of the Bible meaningless, seriously reconsider what the Prophets have told us will happen.
the thousand years is future and also believes that 1 Cor 15:50-56 will be fulfllled after the thousand years.
That is correct and I have proved it. You don't like it, so you reject the truth, to your discredit.

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which non physical millennium does Peter claim to support?
First, let me give you some thoughts that I use to go by when indefinite times are used and John 4 is a good example that might help you too:

Jhn 4:21, 23
-- Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father....23)But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him."

First, notice that there are two different thoughts in the verses.

V21 is saying that "the literal temple in Jerusalem will no longer exist 40 years after my death and resurrection." But He only uses the term "the hour is coming".....

V23
Jesus then explains why He is prophesying that. He is saying that, because there will no longer be a temple in Jerusalem, you will be worshiping the Lord "in spirit and truth" and because He adds the term "now is" to "the hour is coming," Jesus is indicating that the Holy Spirit event would be happening very shortly; which it did, with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost but the destruction of the temple did not happen until 40 years later. When the Day of Pentecost came true about the Holy Spirit they immediately knew that Jesus was a "true prophet" because they remembered what he had said earlier.

Now why is the above important for 2 Peter 3:8 if that is the verse you are referring to? It's because God uses words to describe indefinite timing just as we might say, "I would not do that in a million years" or to our kids we might say "if I have told you once, I have told you a thousand times."

Jesus is purposely vague in verse 21 because if he had told them precisely what day, month and hour the temple would be destroyed, they probably would have done something to protect it or kill him then for saying such a thing to them because they loved their temple building more than they loved Him at that time.

In verse 23, Jesus does not give specifics either because they would not have been able to understand exactly what Jesus knew in His mind was going to happen and so He used the vague but longer term of "the hour is coming, and now is" which meant that "It will be soon" or "it is in the near future, not years from now."

Not only that but Jesus prophesied many future events so that the people would know that he was the Messiah when they came true. Normal people are unable to predict to perfection what is going to happen in 10 minutes let alone what is going to happen 40 years from now!

Having said all that, so what does 2 Peter 3:8 mean when it says "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day?"

That little word "as" explains what the meaning of "a thousand years" means. (The word "like" means the same word as "as.") In other words it's "like a thousand years" but not a "literal thousand years." Verse 9's explanation basically says the same thought...."the Lord is not slow about His return because He wants no one to perish". But it also means..."I will not, or cannot, tell you because the exact time is up to the Father and it would not be in your best interest to know the exact time anyway."

That's my thoughts but SJ may answer better than I. However, I don't see anywhere in 2 Peter 3 that Peter supports a 1,000 year millennium view of the end times at all if that is what you were trying to get at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Prophets say that people who choose to believe false theories, will be made unable to understand the truth. Isaiah 29:9-12
Matthew 11:25 I thank You Father...for hiding these things for the learned and wise...... Learned and wise people cannot know the truth of what God has planned for out future. Proved by the almost complete lack of consensus among the 'experts'.

I carefully study the words and context of the Prophesies, then write explanations and comments, using other verses and modern knowledge to support what is said.

As God says – at present, we are “under the spirit of deep sleep”, Isaiah 29:9-12 The vision has become for you like a sealed book...if you confuse yourself, you will stay confused.
This illustrates your lack of discernment when it comes to determining the timing of Old Testament scriptures. That passage is not talking about our present time. Paul said that at present "we have the mind of Christ" because we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us.

1 Corinthians 2:15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Therefore, in order to gain understanding and knowledge of what God has planned for our future, it is necessary to ask in prayer, as James 1:5-6 Ask in faith and wisdom will be given to you.
Are you suggesting that you think you are the only one who does this?

What I post is scripture.
We all post scripture.

Truths that oppose your beliefs.
Says the guy who struggles mightily to support his own beliefs in any kind of convincing way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which non physical millennium does Peter claim to support?
The spiritual one that began with the resurrection of Christ.

I'm sure Peter, like any discerning follower of Christ, understood that Christ's kingdom "does not come with observation" (Luke 17:20) and is "not of this world" (John 18:36), which means it's a spiritual kingdom. As Christ Himself said after His resurrection, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me" (Matthew 28:18). Is that something someone who was not yet the King of kings and Lord of lords would say?

Peter very clearly indicated in 2 Peter 3 that the heavens and the earth will be burned up when Christ returns. Peter said that what we look forward to, in direct relation to the promise of Christ's second coming, is the new heavens and new earth (2 Peter 3:13), not an earthly millennial kingdom.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This illustrates your lack of discernment when it comes to determining the timing of Old Testament scriptures. That passage is not talking about our present time. Paul said that at present "we have the mind of Christ" because we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us.
We Christians are 'in Christ', but obviously we don't all have the same mind or beliefs about our future.
Most of the Bible Prophesies remain to be fulfilled, including what Jesus said; As it was in the days of Noah, so it shall be when the Son of man comes. Matthew 24:37-41
I have pointed this out before; it doesn't refer to Jesus Glorious Return as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but to His coming in fire; Isaiah 66:15-17, 2 Peter 3:7 and 100+ other prophesies.
Peter very clearly indicated in 2 Peter 3 that the heavens and the earth will be burned up when Christ returns. Peter said that what we look forward to, in direct relation to the promise of Christ's second coming, is the new heavens and new earth (2 Peter 3:13), not an earthly millennial kingdom.
This is your fundamental error.
Jesus does NOT Return and destroy the earth, none of the prophesies about His Return say that.
2 Peter 3 doesn't actually mention Jesus' Return at all. In Verses 7 & 10 refer to the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, several years before the Return. All as described in Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10

2 Peter 3:11-13 refer to the New heavens and Earth, to come AFTER He ahs reigned on earth for the next Millennium.

Is the AMill belief really how it is? Or is it even common sense, given the state the world is in now?
I have proved that we are now nearly at the end of the sixth millennium since Adam.
I have also proved that Jesus does not destroy the earth at His Return.
He does cause many deaths and much destruction when He sends fire on the forthcoming Sixth seal event. Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1, Malachi 4:1-3

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We Christians are 'in Christ', but obviously we don't all have the same mind or beliefs about our future.
But, we all have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. The passage you quoted was not in reference to Christians. That's the point. You badly misinterpreted that Old Testament passage just like you do so many others.

This is your fundamental error.
Jesus does NOT Return and destroy the earth, none of the prophesies about His Return say that.
2 Peter 3:7,10-12 does. There are other scriptures that refer to Him destroying all of His enemies when He returns as well (2 Thess 1:7-10, 1 Thess 4:14-5:3, Matt 24:37-39, Rev 19:11-21), but they either don't mention how He will do it or it is described figuratively. Though 2 Thess 1:7-10 does say He will be revealed from heaven when He returns "in blazing fire".

2 Peter 3 doesn't actually mention Jesus' Return at all.
You have to be kidding here. You have to be completely lacking in discernment to not see that. It most certainly does mention His return.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

What else but His return could "His coming" be referring to? He's not coming again more than once.

In Verses 7 & 10 refer to the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, several years before the Return. All as described in Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10
Those verses refer to the burning up of the entire earth. Yet, you somehow have people surviving that, which is complete nonsense.

2 Peter 3:11-13 refer to the New heavens and Earth, to come AFTER He ahs reigned on earth for the next Millennium.
What? Verses 10-12 all refer to the same event of the heavens and earth being burned up on the day of the Lord. The new heavens and new earth is only referred to in verse 13. Your lack of discernment regarding this is truly mind boggling.

Is the AMill belief really how it is?
Yes.

Or is it even common sense, given the state the world is in now?
Sure, as we understand things it makes complete sense. I couldn't care less if it doesn't make sense according to your erroneous way of looking at things.

I have proved that we are now nearly at the end of the sixth millennium since Adam.
You don't seem to know what the meaning of the word "proved" is. You have proved nothing.

I have also proved that Jesus does not destroy the earth at His Return.
No, you have not. Far from it.

He does cause many deaths and much destruction when He sends fire on the forthcoming Sixth seal event. Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1, Malachi 4:1-3
Peter said in 2 Peter 3:6-7 that the scope of the destruction will be the same as it was when water flooded the earth long ago. How many unbelievers survived the flood? None.

Your understanding of this simply does not match what Peter taught. We should trust Peter's understanding of Old Testament prophecies more than our own and trust that he would not contradict any of them. But, you don't allow the New Testament to tell you how you should understand the Old Testament prophecies, which is unwise.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But, we all have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. The passage you quoted was not in reference to Christians.
Sure, but we disagree on what the Lord has planned for our future.
I assume you mean Isaiah 66:15-17? ALL of Isaiah 66 is about the time before Jesus Returns.
Will there be corpses around in Eternity? Isaiah 66:24
You badly misinterpreted that Old Testament passage just like you do so many others.
You seriously, badly; make scriptures like Isaiah 66; meaningless.
2 Peter 3:7,10-12 does. There are other scriptures that refer to Him destroying all of His enemies when He returns as well (2 Thess 1:7-10, 1 Thess 4:14-5:3, Matt 24:37-39, Rev 19:11-21), but they either don't mention how He will do it or it is described figuratively. Though 2 Thess 1:7-10 does say He will be revealed from heaven when He returns "in blazing fire".
Those verses, excepting Rev 19:11, are not about the glorious Return.
You have avoided my proof of he Jesus 'comes' as the Son of Man and resets our civilization by fire. His Return is as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Two different events.
What else but His return could "His coming" be referring to? He's not coming again more than once.
As I have shown, the Lord's 'coming' on His Day of fiery wrath; He is not seen. He actually does not even leave heaven. Psalms 11:4-6, Habakkuk 3:4
Those verses refer to the burning up of the entire earth. Yet, you somehow have people surviving that, which is complete nonsense.
Because you don't know what the Lord will use on that terrible Day, you mistakenly assume total destruction.
This cannot be correct, as life will go on. Those who call upon His Name, on that Day, will be saved. Joel 2:32, Acts 2;21, Isaiah 43:2, +
What? Verses 10-12 all refer to the same event of the heavens and earth being burned up on the day of the Lord. The new heavens and new earth is only referred to in verse 13.
Peter gives the sequence of events. AFTER the Millennium, the NH,NE comes. Revelation 21:1
The belief that we are in the Millennium now, is error and the reality of our current situation proves it.
You don't seem to know what the meaning of the word "proved" is. You have proved nothing.
You rebut my proofs, supported by Bible verses, by simply dismissing them. All can see how biased and intransigent you are.
Peter said in 2 Peter 3:6-7 that the scope of the destruction will be the same as it was when water flooded the earth long ago. How many unbelievers survived the flood? None.
Jesus also said the magnitude of the forthcoming disaster by fire from the sun, will be similar to Noah's Flood.
But many prophesies say there will be survivors. Isaiah 24:6
His faithful people will be saved and also many ungodly people will take shelter and go on to form a World Government. All as the Prophets tell us.
But, you don't allow the New Testament to tell you how you should understand the Old Testament prophecies, which is unwise.
I view all the Prophetic Word as a whole narrative. It does make sense to me. It WILL happen as the Prophets have told us.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but we disagree on what the Lord has planned for our future.
I assume you mean Isaiah 66:15-17? ALL of Isaiah 66 is about the time before Jesus Returns.
Will there be corpses around in Eternity? Isaiah 66:24

You seriously, badly; make scriptures like Isaiah 66; meaningless.

Isaiah 14:15-18, Isaiah 24:21-22 and Isaiah 66:22-24 all correlate. When Jesus comes the demonic realm is destroyed by being banished to the Lake of Fire. None of these passages make any mention of a future sin-cursed millennial period. That is because they relate to the new heavens and new earth. The wicked and the demons are placed as an eternal reminder to the righteous of the eternal justice of God.

Isaiah 14:15-18: “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.”

This is talking about the lake of fire in eternity!!!

Isaiah 24:21-22: “And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.”

Isaiah 66:22-24: “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.”

This is just hyperbole language describing the reality of eternity in terms that the OT listener/reader could easily grasp. That is nothing more than poetic verbiage used to impress eternity to we humans stuck in time.

Hyperbole, derived from a Greek word meaning “over-casting” is a figure of speech, which involves an exaggeration of ideas for the sake of emphasis. It is a device that we employ in our day-to-day speech.

Where is there any mention of any release of Satan and his demons? It is not there. This relates to the new earth, not some future millennium. I am at a loss to see where you think this teaches Premil. Where does it say that Satan will be released 1,000 years after Christ's Coming? Where does it say that devils will be released 1,000 years after Christ's Coming?

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.